• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maintainence is at 300 per mth... Heard from sales girl...I find it pretty steep! T maintain clubhouse and the watery surroundings and greenery...

Any comments on bandar dato onn? Recommended by a fren, I did pass by the area after hitting Setia indah/cascadia..but did not check out the place! It was on the way out to NSHW hitting Setia tropika..
The place is just a few row of houses only, if I am not mistaken...maybe I looked in from the main road, so did not check it out, location wise it's pretty good, less than 5 mins to the NSHW and probably less that 15 mins to CIQ once the EDL is up....any bros bought there care to comments...???

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

Visited the LF show house at Bayou Creek today.. I am very impressed.. Fully furnished.. However I can only have max 1 house in JB.. unless someone is willing to take over my golf facing semi D in HH? PM offer only if serious.. This proposal will close within next 2 day..

Bro, I was originally considering LF but backed out in the last minute because of the dark road in front. Bro Euphony seems to have a very good time there.

If I knew the thing about the new exit, I would have given a even more serious consideration before buying HH.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maintainence is at 300 per mth... Heard from sales girl...I find it pretty steep! T maintain clubhouse and the watery surroundings and greenery...

Any comments on bandar dato onn? Recommended by a fren, I did pass by the area after hitting Setia indah/cascadia..but did not check out the place! It was on the way out to NSHW hitting Setia tropika..
The place is just a few row of houses only, if I am not mistaken...maybe I looked in from the main road, so did not check it out, location wise it's pretty good, less than 5 mins to the NSHW and probably less that 15 mins to CIQ once the EDL is up....any bros bought there care to comments...???

This is a big development, with eleven precincts launched already. Last year I was viewing Precinct 10 and very tempted to buy a semi d there at about Rm560k but in the end didn't becos only one unit left by the time i saw it and the unit is facing a public toilet in the town park. The new precinct 11 is nicer but much higher price, semi d about Rm740k based on one advert I saw two months ago.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros any idea are they open on a Sunday ? Thinking of going there this Sunday with some friends to do MAC leh .

Bro jason
They are opened daily even weekends. I went last Sunday to make wif my 2 kids after checking on the progress of my hse. its open fr ard 1030/11am. Less than 10 mins its done.

They may not exceed beyond their roadshow date cos i overheard they had complaints on their FB fr public who feels they behave like sales promoters for actively promoting macs.

Last edited:

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Spidey, to be honest, if you expect easy-to-rent + good rental for double-storey terrace property in this area and most part of Johore, I'm afraid you will be disappointed. But if you are buying it for retirement/weekend stay it'll be alright. Why don't you look at completed or secondary (resale) properties instead? At least you get to enjoy the house immediately (whether own stay or rental) instead of waiting for another couple of years?

This is something I dun quite understand also.
It used to be that market rate for 2 storey terrace about RM1k.
Now, the asking rate for terrace in newer G&G projects can be >2.5k and even up to 5k for semi-D.
I can see, for eg, Adda Heights and Austin Heights at that price range.
Of course HH & LF is also high.
If I can rent out a 500k property at 2k/mth (add rm300 for maintenance fee), I would be quite satisfied.

Would a 2100sf terrace with facilitites & 24hr security renting at Rm2.3k (SGD960) have demand ?
If I were a retired couple staying in HDB, it makes a lot of sense to "upgrade" from Sg HDB to JB landed and yet get extra income of about rm2.5k per month (assume HDB rent out for S$2k) and enjoy lower cost of living. No need to fork out any downpayment too.

Anyone who had paid up fully their HDB flat can actually retire (or semi-retire) already, if you dare.

So I can't really believe that a G&G terrace can only fetch RM1k or so. Just my views.

SeriAustinian

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bros, Over the weekend and yesterday day off, I went to a few places in JB as recommended by a few Bros here to get a feel of the place as well as the location (drive there, and check out the distance)...and end of the day, my hunt didn't go too well...

My budget was slightly above 500k - and I would like a small land at the side - (looking for corner or end lot with 10 ft land) and realized that places like :

HH - No way can get a one!

Nusa Sentral/Idamand - same case...intermediate is already going above > 500k

Bukit Indah - new ones > 500k for corner and do not like the quality - for > 550k and the front does not even comes with tiles!!! and the floor is not even marble/ or the huge shinning tiles, it's the small tiles type - personally i don't see quality in Bukit Indah - just that's it located near Tuas! paying 500k for an intermediate lot and then another 100k to renovate!! to me not worth it...(my personal feel)
Went to look for resale market - < 500K, there are units being sold <500k , but you wouldn't venture there - condition is really bad and without G&G....so no point!! These are older launches...

EL - No need to see

Puteri Harbour - No need to se

I think from HH onwards to Tuas checkpoint - No need to see already - All > 600k liao!!!

Austin Hills - don't like the location - but I think is also more than 550k for corner.

Austin Heights - nothing for sale yet, but launching cluster homes - cheapest >600k

Setia Cascadia - put in a deposit - but all sold out...like the design and area...sales girl will let me know if there is a pull out...only the 501k intermediate lots! if corner no need to say ...above my budget!!
This is my current best one todate!!!

Setia Tropika - also intermediate lot already >500k...saw some Garage houses - don't like the design at all...left 2 units..other no need to see - all >500k...all others sold out!!

Setia Indah - all > 500k - design like Bukit Indah....don't see the quality there and going for >500k for corner lots - left 1 or 2 units - bumi release lot! Area so so - a lot of twisting and turning getting into the housing estate...

Taman Daya - no need to see ....all old houses..

I went to Addax(I can't recall the name...but very high class place and very nice), near to Setia Tropika - no need to see...

So, Bros - looks like it's really difficult to find anything for around 500k in JB now if you want a corner house with land and in a good location!!!

That sums my hunt...

Hi Spidey,

Wow! U seems to have covered majority of the newer developments during the weekends!

Since u hv been to Adda Height, Setia Tropika n Setia Indah/Eco-Cascadia, u may wanna check out Taman Dato Onn (Johor Land) and Seri Austin (UM Land) as well? These 2 developments are further away from North-South Highway with lesser amenities and hence less popular n property prices have not risen so much yet. Between the 2, we chose Seri Austin due to the preferred layout of the house as well as it being next to Setia Indah(now Eco Cascadia too) hence nearer to amenities of a matured township(Setia Indah). Certain parts of Dato Onn were near to the overhead cables which make us uncomfortable even tho they r quite a distance away. During our last visit to Seri Austin, there's still corner lots of older launch(Alisma) starting at $422,800(in case u r Malaysian). There's also new launches of terrace(Emery, but dunno if corner/end lot stil available)) and upcoming clusters(Citrine, 32'X75") starting just above RM500K.

We were drooling over Adda Height then but didn't wanna commit too much money on our 1st JB property. A blessing in disguise which resulted in us buying HH after that (with reassurance and affirmation from this precious forum!)

SeriAustinian

Alfrescian
Loyal

Spidey, to be honest, if you expect easy-to-rent + good rental for double-storey terrace property in this area and most part of Johore, I'm afraid you will be disappointed. But if you are buying it for retirement/weekend stay it'll be alright. Why don't you look at completed or secondary (resale) properties instead? At least you get to enjoy the house immediately (whether own stay or rental) instead of waiting for another couple of years?

Fully agree with Toyohon on that.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro jason
They are opened daily even weekends. I went last Sunday to make wif my 2 kids after checking on the progress of my hse. its open fr ard 1030/11am. Less than 10 mins its done.

They may not exceed beyond their roadshow date cos i overheard they had complaints on their FB fr public who feels they behave like sales promoters for actively promoting macs.
thks ... must make effort to go down ...

thegolf

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hehee...Save my trip for going in again. Thank you HorizonHillsGCC's for uploading the latest update on construction of 'the golf' in youtube :biggrin:

[video=youtube;gx05hEJ9nWU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx05hEJ9nWU[/video]

Construction noise intensified... this was supposed to be a freakin' public holiday! HORIZON HILLS DEVELOPMENT SDN BHD issued a notice "No work on Deepavali Public Holiday".. this is a developer that says one thing and does another. They could care less about their homeowners, or whatever laws there are.. they make their own rules, then break them.

Good luck trying to get them to help you with a problem once you've paid your $$$... they push everything back to the contractor.. again..good freakin luck! Is this a developer you want to give a few million $$ to?

They apologize constantly AFTER the damage is done! Ha-ha... what a joke...There is a reason why Malaysian real estate is so much cheaper than Singapore...think about it friends.. we made a big freakin mistake buying here. We've been "rectifying" problems in our Horizon Hills Hills Precinct bungalow for over a year now...

Still cannot get the garbage collected regularly.. still don't have the correct front door.. it goes on and on..

[video=youtube;XbqCo0l09hY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbqCo0l09hY&feature=related[/video]

We were woken up at 845AM by the sounds of heavy construction. This was supposed to be a public holiday...it's Deepavali. Horizon Hills management made a very big deal about there being no work allowed on this public holiday.

As you can see.. they were very busy... this is typical of Horizon Hills Develeopment.. they say one thing and do another, with little regard for their homeowners who have paid millions of dollars to live here.

I SMS'ed Mr. Lim Chai Seng, the Assistant General Manager..he replied with an "apology" and said he was sending instructions to stop them... BULLSHIT... as you can see from the next video taken an hour later, they not only continued to work, but increased their workforce and were working steadily at 3 worksites on a Public Holiday.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Now, the asking rate for terrace in newer G&G projects can be >2.5k and even up to 5k for semi-D.
If I can rent out a 500k property at 2k/mth (add rm300 for maintenance fee), I would be quite satisfied.

Would a 2100sf terrace with facilitites & 24hr security renting at Rm2.3k (SGD960) have demand ?
If I were a retired couple staying in HDB, it makes a lot of sense to "upgrade" from Sg HDB to JB landed and yet get extra income of about rm2.5k per month (assume HDB rent out for S$2k) and enjoy lower cost of living. No need to fork out any downpayment too.

Anyone who had paid up fully their HDB flat can actually retire (or semi-retire) already, if you dare.

So I can't really believe that a G&G terrace can only fetch RM1k or so. Just my views.

From what I heard from property agent, brand new and unfurnished G&G terrace at Bukit Indah already asking Rm1.75k rent.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gentlemen and ladies,
If the developer sale has little choice units left, don't dismiss the resale market completely. There are very "prominent" bros here who bought resale and have absolutely no "repercussions" as compared to buying new. If you do some research you will spot "pockets of opportunities" in the resale market :smile:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

From what I heard from property agent, brand new and unfurnished G&G terrace at Bukit Indah already asking Rm1.75k rent.

Just few days back someone here rented a terrace at HH for 1.8K isnt it ?
Consider low if based on current price of 600K - 700K , but is OK if owner brought it at the 300K range .

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rental market is a joke in JB lah !
You move around JB , how often you come across a FTs that earn 5 - 10K a month ?
I have yet to met one in my 3yrs stay in JB lor. But back in SG, everywhere I go , I sure to see one. KNN , Singapore is the only country in the world where FTs stay terrace houses and senior citizen wipe tables and clean toilet one.
So who you want to rent your house to in JB ?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Gentlemen and ladies,
If the developer sale has little choice units left, don't dismiss the resale market completely. There are very "prominent" bros here who bought resale and have absolutely no "repercussions" as compared to buying new. If you do some research you will spot "pockets of opportunities" in the resale market :smile:

I am definitely not prominent but i have bought 3 units resale, the rest straight from the developer. 2 to invest and 1 was at least 50% because i wanted to help someone i thought was my "bro". Anyway hard lesson learnt there. No issues with the other 2 units subsale.

The main problem (actually only problem) i had with a subsale was in the unit i bought from this "bro".
The one i thought was my only real friend in Johore.

Anyway its really sad but to cut a long story short, towards the end, didn't honour what he said earlier and made it worse by repeatedly promising (and not delivering) and not transferring DMC. Even said i maligned him when i spoke online about it(when first i tried to contact him many times and he did not respond for months) Then sent me rude SMS when i said i wanted to resolve this amicably. Maybe i wasn't tactful or nice enough. For all the shennigans, in the end, he did all this in vain. Lawyer side told me lots of stuff and in a way some of the people he knew also tried to drum me up to take action but i declined, just felt sad enough at that time.

Turns out in the end it would affect him adversely if the DMC (with HH and etc) wasn't completed (taxation and other issues) and then he asked lawyer side to chase me repeatedly.(probably fearing i would do the same to him)

I didn't want to make things difficult for him and by the time the lawyer side called me, i already did all the necessary things and paid up the necessary stuff so the transfer went ahead smoothly. He probably will never know this but i paid all the tax stuff ahead already for him before i even did the rest of my other properties, didn't want to affect him buying other properties as he is still young.

Still, no hard feelings any more but just to share all on the pitfalls, just get all the paperwork done and don't just depend on trust no matter how much you like or trust someone. Imagine, back then i trusted this guy more than alot of my family members.

I still do alot of business based on trust but i learnt a hard lesson in life.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bros who are thinking of buying properties here mainly to rent out. Only some areas are good, most aren't so great, at least not yet.

A bro of mine has several and most of his are terraces. His are $2500-$2800. He shared with me only has one family (his tenants) that he likes a lot (i actually recommended them to him if i am not mistaken) so always kept low for them. My semi-d neighbours has no issues with renting out at 5000MYR or more. These are fully furnished units, just sharing some experience in The Gateway, your mileage may vary.

I was able to rent out some units and some references:

The Gateway:
1. Terrace - $2600 MYR
2. Terrace - $2800 MYR
3. Cluster - $3600 MYR

All fully furnished with aircon units, curtains, dining sets, wardrobe sets water heaters, sofa sets, queen/king sized beds, lighting/fans, kitchen stoves, etc. Only things required are some shelves/cupboards and personal clothing. Average of 1-3 months within taking of keys to rent out. Rented without the use of agents except for the Cluster one as i wanted a higher price.

GorengPisang

Alfrescian
Loyal

For the past few mths of daily researching n reading up on Iskandar's properties, have found many useful info n insights frm various forums, of which 1 would be right here...and happy to say that i have secured a new unit myself. However since the beginning up till now, everyday i read up on new posting with mix emotions. 1st-ly im a msian myself (a spr), like many im buying a house for own consumption yet do not want to be too far away frm spore as i've spent most of my life in SG, where all my good friends are sporean, thus johor properties seem like a natural choice. Next , i belive what im gona say will probably ruffle some feathers.

On 1 hand being a m'sian i would love to see msia (specifically in this context, johor) prosper and achieve economic progress, on the other hand, i feel upset whenever i hear abt sporean getting ripped off doing business in msia, or paid for a housing project that gets abandoned halfway thru or...take the plunge into a purchase and got confused into buying something that's overpriced.

Now my rantings....in this particular forum which draws thousands of readership regarding properties in iskandar johor, im not surprised that there are many many johor real estate agents amongst us here, and i see some really clever marketing of properties. Well fine, as long as genuine house hunters get useful info, then all is good. But increasingly i smell many rats n smelly fishes doing their rounds in a bid to apply pressure on potential purchasers to committ on a purchase (there are only a handful of active agents in johor's market, by coming together to promote properties, its only a matter of time when the units they are marketing gets picked, so its really ok to remain anonymous n continue posting here). So genuine home hunters, do not just believe all that you read, property purchase is (no matter how cheap, or no matter how strong SG currency is) proceed with care and do your own logical research b4 you take that plunge.

Last but not least, to our friend spidey's post, here's my 2 cents worth:

Bros, Over the weekend and yesterday day off, I went to a few places in JB as recommended by a few Bros here to get a feel of the place as well as the location (drive there, and check out the distance)...and end of the day, my hunt didn't go too well...

My budget was slightly above 500k - and I would like a small land at the side - (looking for corner or end lot with 10 ft land) and realized that places like :

HH - No way can get a one!

Nusa Sentral/Idamand - same case...intermediate is already going above > 500k
Putting aside uncertainty whether u r sporean or msian, you have just wasted 1 whole day of your life getting wrong info. NI intermediate starts frm RM450k, end lot corner frm 539k. And that's b4 discount. The only intermediate going for 500k and above are a couple of subsale units. Next Nusa Sentral, this is even more absurd...intermediate new currently frm 360k with further 10% rebate=rm330k, hugeeee corner with 15-20 feet land going for RM550k (after 10% rebate=RM490k <--------------Perfect for your budget, if u are really putting in your hard earned $, i dont think u would've missed out on this important price point)

Bukit Indah - new ones > 500k for corner and do not like the quality - for > 550k and the front does not even comes with tiles!!! and the floor is not even marble/ or the huge shinning tiles, it's the small tiles type - personally i don't see quality in Bukit Indah - just that's it located near Tuas! paying 500k for an intermediate lot and then another 100k to renovate!! to me not worth it...(my personal feel)
Went to look for resale market - < 500K, there are units being sold <500k , but you wouldn't venture there - condition is really bad and without G&G....so no point!! These are older launches...

Again i seriously do not know where u get all this info, while not as bad as your homework on NI/Nusa Sentral, there are still fairly new subsale units Gated&Guarded for below RM400k

EL - No need to see

Puteri Harbour - No need to se

I think from HH onwards to Tuas checkpoint - No need to see already - All > 600k liao!!!

Austin Hills - don't like the location - but I think is also more than 550k for corner.

Austin Heights - nothing for sale yet, but launching cluster homes - cheapest >600k

Setia Cascadia - put in a deposit - but all sold out...like the design and area...sales girl will let me know if there is a pull out...only the 501k intermediate lots! if corner no need to say ...above my budget!!
This is my current best one todate!!!

Setia Tropika - also intermediate lot already >500k...saw some Garage houses - don't like the design at all...left 2 units..other no need to see - all >500k...all others sold out!!
At least a couple of subsale unit below RM500k

Setia Indah - all > 500k - design like Bukit Indah....don't see the quality there and going for >500k for corner lots - left 1 or 2 units - bumi release lot! Area so so - a lot of twisting and turning getting into the housing estate...

Taman Daya - no need to see ....all old houses..

I went to Addax(I can't recall the name...but very high class place and very nice), near to Setia Tropika - no need to see...

So, Bros - looks like it's really difficult to find anything for around 500k in JB now if you want a corner house with land and in a good location!!!

That sums my hunt...

My summary /interpretation is this: From a fresh reader's perspective, i would have interpreted it as: Damn, i better hurry up n buy smthing cos even at 500k i cant get a decent gated&guarded house....wat the heck, 600k quickly go grab 1st. After buying n move in, realise neighbour's house for sale for 400k for past 6 mths still no buyer, end up either auction or sell to his/her agent for 350k. End of the day sporean buy expensive/overpriced house, poor uneducated johor uncle sell house away cheaply, housing market gets inflated, local johorean blames sporean for high property prices. Well, i might get shot n flamed for this long posting, but i sincerely hope there are as many who will benefit frm my sharing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.