• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

Right....I had also booked the 501k terrace but still considering because also had confirmed a condo at sky garden residences. If I dropped out cascadia, then there'll be an available lot for you loh.
Actually nearly cancelled but the sales agent warned that the small unit would be easily snapped up if I drop.
Depends on luck also.... my sky garden Unit also just nice someone else cancelled booking and I just happen to be there. If not, all sold out already and left bumi units.

so which one is going to be your living abode and which one as investment?

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal

Right....I had also booked the 501k terrace but still considering because also had confirmed a condo at sky garden residences. If I dropped out cascadia, then there'll be an available lot for you loh.
Actually nearly cancelled but the sales agent warned that the small unit would be easily snapped up if I drop.
Depends on luck also.... my sky garden Unit also just nice someone else cancelled booking and I just happen to be there. If not, all sold out already and left bumi units.

Do you have more detail about Cascadia to share ? How big the project, how many terrace , semi-d , etc.
The website is nice showing lot of nature but I am still suspicious how far reality is from story-telling .
Any idea how long is driving distance and time to Tuas ? Not sure if I want to make a trip to see but would like to hear some feedback first . Anyone who has done a feasibility study of project please share. Thanks.

glitters

Bros, Over the weekend and yesterday day off, I went to a few places in JB as recommended by a few Bros here to get a feel of the place as well as the location (drive there, and check out the distance)...and end of the day, my hunt didn't go too well...

My budget was slightly above 500k - and I would like a small land at the side - (looking for corner or end lot with 10 ft land) and realized that places like :

HH - No way can get a one!

Nusa Sentral/Idamand - same case...intermediate is already going above > 500k

Bukit Indah - new ones > 500k for corner and do not like the quality - for > 550k and the front does not even comes with tiles!!! and the floor is not even marble/ or the huge shinning tiles, it's the small tiles type - personally i don't see quality in Bukit Indah - just that's it located near Tuas! paying 500k for an intermediate lot and then another 100k to renovate!! to me not worth it...(my personal feel)
Went to look for resale market - < 500K, there are units being sold <500k , but you wouldn't venture there - condition is really bad and without G&G....so no point!! These are older launches...

EL - No need to see

Puteri Harbour - No need to se

I think from HH onwards to Tuas checkpoint - No need to see already - All > 600k liao!!!

Austin Hills - don't like the location - but I think is also more than 550k for corner.

Austin Heights - nothing for sale yet, but launching cluster homes - cheapest >600k

Setia Cascadia - put in a deposit - but all sold out...like the design and area...sales girl will let me know if there is a pull out...only the 501k intermediate lots! if corner no need to say ...above my budget!!
This is my current best one todate!!!

Setia Tropika - also intermediate lot already >500k...saw some Garage houses - don't like the design at all...left 2 units..other no need to see - all >500k...all others sold out!!

Setia Indah - all > 500k - design like Bukit Indah....don't see the quality there and going for >500k for corner lots - left 1 or 2 units - bumi release lot! Area so so - a lot of twisting and turning getting into the housing estate...

Taman Daya - no need to see ....all old houses..

I went to Addax(I can't recall the name...but very high class place and very nice), near to Setia Tropika - no need to see...

So, Bros - looks like it's really difficult to find anything for around 500k in JB now if you want a corner house with land and in a good location!!!

That sums my hunt...

Hey bro,

Try Scientex, cluster at 5XXk(35x65) with 30K discount for 1st 25 person whom placed booking.

Regards,
glitters

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

so which one is going to be your living abode and which one as investment?

Both intend to rent out. On off I can treat as holiday home if not rented out.
Maybe in 15yrs time can really retire in one of them and rent out the other, and the Sg home.
The other theory is to buy only in 15 years time.
I guess I feel good to invest now and dun mind to retire in a older property....can still renovate interior to a comfortable level. Further, I can loan now but may not be able to loan later.
I also think in 15 yrs time, new projects may be in further location? I mean people always say Johor got plenty of land to build house but the land near a city area is limited. In future, we may only be able to afford area in senai or beyond....

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do you have more detail about Cascadia to share ? How big the project, how many terrace , semi-d , etc.
The website is nice showing lot of nature but I am still suspicious how far reality is from story-telling .
Any idea how long is driving distance and time to Tuas ? Not sure if I want to make a trip to see but would like to hear some feedback first . Anyone who has done a feasibility study of project please share. Thanks.

If you are a tuas person, dun go for cascadia.
Cascadia is nearer to woodlands causeway especially when the EDL is ready next year.

Sales ppt slides. Hope the link works.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23293145/SEC slide show 15-07-2011.pdf

Last edited:

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Erm, I think its adda heights :smile:
yah, I think the past months since june things hot up a lot. I am very very thankful to have snatched up a place before everything shot up to the heavens.
Looks like Setia Cascadia is looking up for you. U can discuss this with asianbo, I think he's also very interested in the project too!

on the wait list leh bro....not sure if there is any ppl who will pull out....but only intermediate available...501k and the smallest one too..but no land at the side...:-((

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Sanur, may I know how much u pay for LF in house maintenance cleaning service? Thanks.

Last edited:

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Both intend to rent out. On off I can treat as holiday home if not rented out.
Maybe in 15yrs time can really retire in one of them and rent out the other, and the Sg home.
I guess I feel good to invest now and dun mind to retire in a older property....can still renovate interior to a comfortable level. Further, I can loan now but may not be able to loan later.
I also think in 15 yrs time, new projects may be in further location? I mean people always say Johor got plenty of land to build house but the land near a city area is limited. In future, we may only be able to afford area in senai or beyond....

wah you, like me leh...intend to rent out - but you gung ho then me coz you looking at 2 properties...i just want one for retirement....:-))
and me looking house with land so that when i grow old can sit back and relax with a little gardening and BBQ at the side of the house and grazing the stars with my loved one...:-))) goodleh...but heck so difficult to find something in the 500k region...i mean literally 500k....

I know some bros recommended me 550k and something, but really, my budget is really tight...probbaly can go max 510k...looks like i may have missed the boat....
that's why the cascadia one 501k - i put in a booking...though no land at the side....hhhmmmmm...

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

concurs with your views too.

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cascadia have a few design and types - double storey from 2100 sq ft to - 2500 sq ft and semi-ds....it's quite a big development....
I don't know in future it will look like, but now the only water flowing is m&d water ...all brown in color...hahahha!!
I think it will be a nice place once it is all done up....

the only gripe i have is no land at the side...no budget!! nia..:-(

also, to get into the area, a lot of turning here and there...i don't particularly like this too....but it's a matured area with lots of shops and amenities - so I believe it is very easy to rent out...! that the advantage here...

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think I know where is the bungalow precinct, issit beside bayou creek? Yup, the beautiful houses there are so looks alike in Caucasian country.. At the moment I was thought I'm in overseas:smile:

yeh, that one, polo view, victoria meadows, merbok spring etc. :smile:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hey guys

can anyone advise the direction of the main door facing to avoid the afternoon sun ?
But also not too dim in the house .
Wan to prepare myself first then smoke by the sales ppl.

Thanks

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal

"can anyone advise the direction of the main door facing to avoid the afternoon sun ?"

Just dont face WEST.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cascadia have a few design and types - double storey from 2100 sq ft to - 2500 sq ft and semi-ds....it's quite a big development....
I don't know in future it will look like, but now the only water flowing is m&d water ...all brown in color...hahahha!!
I think it will be a nice place once it is all done up....

the only gripe i have is no land at the side...no budget!! nia..:-(

also, to get into the area, a lot of turning here and there...i don't particularly like this too....but it's a matured area with lots of shops and amenities - so I believe it is very easy to rent out...! that the advantage here...

Spidey, to be honest, if you expect easy-to-rent + good rental for double-storey terrace property in this area and most part of Johore, I'm afraid you will be disappointed. But if you are buying it for retirement/weekend stay it'll be alright. Why don't you look at completed or secondary (resale) properties instead? At least you get to enjoy the house immediately (whether own stay or rental) instead of waiting for another couple of years?

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sometimes I feel although we have a choice, where we live, how we live, in a particular time frame, is more or less predestinated. For me, my hubby had been wanting to migrate after we first got married. Wanting to sell the hdb, wanting to go to Australia, wanting to get out of here......It was I who had been stopping him again and again due to my own reasons.

Alas we fell in love with Setia Tropika and it was love at first sight. Once we saw it, although still goes shopping around, nothing else could match up to it. Looks like fate is the one playing its trick on us. :wink:

So if you have paid for the house, its fated that you own this piece of land. You deserve this space of yours. Just enjoy the positive side of it as well as it last. Who know fate might decide that you deserve a bigger, better place later on in live? :smile:

Three Cheers to Living in JB! :smile:

Hi sister cathylmg,

Thanks for opening up my mind.... I think i've been too narrow minded all these while.... But cant help it especially when I see how fellow malaysians complain about their Bukit Indah houses.....

U r right..who knows....maybe my house will bring me luck and help my strike toto.... i'll just take each step as it goes... and not think so much... huat ah!

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Spidey, to be honest, if you expect easy-to-rent + good rental for double-storey terrace property in this area and most part of Johore, I'm afraid you will be disappointed. But if you are buying it for retirement/weekend stay it'll be alright. Why don't you look at completed or secondary (resale) properties instead? At least you get to enjoy the house immediately (whether own stay or rental) instead of waiting for another couple of years?

Hi Bro, yes buying for retirement leh...just that now want to rent out - same intention with the other bro here.
i know the rental is not great in jb, just tat if it can cover more than 50% of the instalment, i am happy..i can pay for the rest...

i wan to invest now coz looking at the amt of of investment that is going into JB - Iskandar, MRT, New highways and those mega things - and i understand JB houses are still way below KL and PG... there is room for appreciation now.
like what the bro said, if i dun buy now and buy 15 yrs down the road, prices may not be the same...

i have scan the resale - and the couple of areas i haved looked at are not to my satisfaction - so not going there, reason being houses are pretty old and not well kpet - buy and then need to throw in another 50-60k to renovate and get the fittings and furnishing before renting out...hhhhmmm, not worth it leh!!! personally!!

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean we can get the MACS done at Jusco Bukit Indah, besides 2nd Link or Causeway?

yes bro...jusco at 2nd link...

they din check passport validity, no finger printing no nothing..just give them passport and RM30..wait for 1 minute..i.e. if no one in front of you...wa la..done liao. i think they big leh long on the MACS these days...valid for one year..

relaxmannn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro, I was told by ERA agent that my property in Jb above RM500k++, she said very hard to appeal unless is half the amount.

Was viewing and inquire about purchase of EC in sg, due to the new rules of those who currently have hdb and overseas property are not eligible to apply but the agent said they can appeal on my behalf and the chance are very high!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.