• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dare not give directions.

Scared later Grago comes after me.:biggrin::biggrin:

Grago no offence la bro:smile::smile:

If its causeway, very straightforward. after u exit CIQ, follow the Skudai sign and go straight all the way, until u reach a T junction at the coastline. Here, u turn right and go all the way straight again, following the Skudai sign (try to stay in the middle lane or u may be forced to filter out, the roads there are a bit different). After a 15-20mins drive, u should see a giant Taman Sutera concrete sign on your left. Make a left turn here. Once u turn in, drive for a couple of mins more and u will see Sutera Mall on your right, definitely won't miss it. Main thing is to keep a lookout for the Taman Sutera concrete sign la...its hard to miss.

Source: From another forum:
http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2635312&st=80

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo i dare not ask her.... If i ask her one question i will be flooded with a barrage of excuses....

She is so freakin good at twisting and turning her words to the point i wonder if i have gone senile.

We have not sacked her primarily out of sympathy cause she is a single mum. Wish she thought as well.

Unfortunately gratitude is not one of the words in her lexicon.

She is lucky. She travels everywhere we go... Yes every single country we have visited.

Maybe she was handling different crops?

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dare not give directions.

Scared later Grago comes after me.:biggrin::biggrin:

Grago no offence la bro:smile::smile:

Alamak Bro Plofessor, why you say like that...... I only pray,pray with Bro Wuqi.... now he oso think I scold him:biggrin: Bro Wuqi I only joking don't get angry laahh:biggrin::biggrin:.
Ai yah, the directions Bro Wuqi gave is spot on unless have GPS, then might have another jalan:rolleyes:

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
speaking of which, they do have very good prices over most other provisions. like UHT milk. i prefer them to pasteurized fresh milk. always wait for the 3/4 pack deals to buy in bulk. I once swiped so much I saved over RM$30 from the milk alone! =p

my son's milk powder save me more.. always buy tins..
sg selling sgd 48, tesco selling ringgit 78

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo lest i sound as if i am trying to create trouble between the 2 of you!!!

No such intention.

Eh Grago..... Hope you dun mind. Il come after you .... everytime someone asks for direction:biggrin::biggrin:.

K?

Im sure as time passes there will be more folks asking for directions.

It will remind all of us about you... :biggrin::biggrin:

Alamak Bro Plofessor, why you say like that...... I only pray,pray with Bro Wuqi.... now he oso think I scold him:biggrin: Bro Wuqi I only joking don't get angry laahh:biggrin::biggrin:.
Ai yah, the directions Bro Wuqi gave is spot on unless have GPS, then might have another jalan:rolleyes:

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
i also can't remember the name but know which medicine is that becos i took this medicine too when i had acid reflux...remember this price of $4.50 per pill and paying $650 for two or three months supply...had the same bacteria too..

yeah got to take care bro, stomach cancer is very scary and often no symptom until the late stage...my father passed away from stomach cancer many years ago...

Bro, sorry to hear abt your dad.. for me, I had sharp pains that had me cringing in my sleep.. at NUH, the nurses said the patient after me not as lucky, develope cancer & often return for blood transfusion..

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ofcourse Milk powder got loads of savings...

Got some idiots though. You wanna here what they say? They say "Aiyo dun buy milk powder in Malaysia. Got a lot of nutrients missing. Later dunno how your child will turn out"

Then what about my grandmothers time? No milk powder those days? Still my grandma turned out fine and yes she is very sensible and alert despite her old age.

Hi ya.... HEck care these people lah... I have been buying milk powder for a year and a half in Malaysia. And my kids are as bright as ever!

my son's milk powder save me more.. always buy tins..
sg selling sgd 48, tesco selling ringgit 78

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo lest i sound as if i am trying to create trouble between the 2 of you!!!

No such intention.

Eh Grago..... Hope you dun mind. Il come after you .... everytime someone asks for direction:biggrin::biggrin:.

K?

Im sure as time passes there will be more folks asking for directions.

It will remind all of us about you... :biggrin::biggrin:
No problem, my 15 seconds of fame..... I had hope for something more memorable:wink:

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite a lot of investments there:smile::smile:

Not really investment since majority is term insurrance for pure protection..
Only Life plan would be yield some return shd I terminate the plan in future..

The reason why I took life plan with limited pay is it covers critical illness & after 15 yrs of payment, covered for life.. ok deal considering the high premiums..

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow! Avalon, you have so many policies from so my insurance co.

My hubby is not a believer of insurance and so I bought policies early in my life to cover for myself. Since he was young then he did not need so much insurance. He also find it a waste of money. I hope that the cash value from the policies I bought for myself back then can more or less cover him in times of need. I also coaxed him into taking up education policies for the children's too.

Earlier this year, my hubby had an accident with a motorcylist. He wasn't at fault but the insurer just compensated S$70k to the motorist without informing my hubby about it. The motorcyclist was injured very badly and had engaged a lawyer to claim from insurance. I guess the insurance company didn't want any hassle in dealing with such cases. They stopped covering for his van completely. We had been with this company for more then 10 years. Then when we went around hunting for a policies from another insurance provider, 1 of them quoted S$7k plus per year. !!!!???!!! We had to register another new company to transfer this van to the new company inordered to get it insured again.

So you see? Insurance company lend you an umbrella on a sunny day and takes it back when it starts to rain. Money in another's pocket is as good as gone!

Cathy, I suppose the policy you are commenting is more comprehensive car insurrance.. claim history can bump up the premiums.. (I also kenna in the past)
I also heard of cases where a person having 2 claims within a yr that smaller insurrers dun quote..
You can opt to just go for 3rd party insurrance which shd be cheaper than.. alternatively get the insurrance under your name..

Utimately, insurrers are companies trying to make a profit through risk underwriting assessment.. so bo pian lor

Personally I wld strongly advise to take up H&S & term..

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Term is one of the best and cheapest forms of protection.

Check with Dr Money aka Larry Haverkamp.

I think Tan Kin Lian thinks similarly.

Life Insurance is both expensive and yields are lower.

Usually best to seperate out the two ie., (Go for Term + Investment) instead of Life insurance.

After i met my wife she stopped all her investments in Life Insurance. I worked out the sums and showed it to her why its expensive and returns are not substantial.

USually insurance should be used just for what its meant to .... that is protection.

Should never be combined with Investment

However insurance agents and even banks (thru bancassurance) try to combine the 2... Its very expensive.

Visit any POSB these days they love to sell you insurance including endowment and travel.

Their job is banking... We should stick to banking and investing with banks.

For protection we must move on to an insurance service provider.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
If its causeway, very straightforward. after u exit CIQ, follow the Skudai sign and go straight all the way, until u reach a T junction at the coastline. Here, u turn right and go all the way straight again, following the Skudai sign (try to stay in the middle lane or u may be forced to filter out, the roads there are a bit different). After a 15-20mins drive, u should see a giant Taman Sutera concrete sign on your left. Make a left turn here. Once u turn in, drive for a couple of mins more and u will see Sutera Mall on your right, definitely won't miss it. Main thing is to keep a lookout for the Taman Sutera concrete sign la...its hard to miss.

Source: From another forum:
http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2635312&st=80

The other viable alternative: garmin.. hehe

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ofcourse Milk powder got loads of savings...
Got some idiots though. You wanna here what they say? They say "Aiyo dun buy milk powder in Malaysia. Got a lot of nutrients missing. Later dunno how your child will turn out"
Hi ya.... HEck care these people lah... I have been buying milk powder for a year and a half in Malaysia. And my kids are as bright as ever!

For those who are interested, enfa series in malaysia is made in Thailand while singapore version is packed in europe..
Thai version more coarse, but taste the same.. (yup, I am the guinea pig)

Mamil series for both countries made in malaysia so no diff in product..

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
For GPS, i have Tom Tom(left over from travels in US/Europe)
Also, a china made one that i ordered off ebay using igo, so happy with it that i bought 6 and equipped my whole immediate family with it. Also installed igo on my Samsung Ace, Samsung Tab and for my family using the Ace as well. Works pretty well. Having a GPS here is really useful.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
For those who are interested, enfa series in malaysia is made in Thailand while singapore version is packed in europe..
Thai version more coarse, but taste the same.. (yup, I am the guinea pig)

Mamil series for both countries made in malaysia so no diff in product..

Thanks for sharing, i had to do the same. M wife made me do it. So far so good, my kids are happy with their formula here, diapers are priced well too although you will need to compare first.

Status
Not open for further replies.