• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

InformedHH

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most condos are pretty crammed with units anyway. Since they come up on commercial land. Look at Setia condos at Setia Tropika or at Bukit Indah.

The facilities are fantastic. But cram i would say.

The condo at horizon hill can be no different.

If condo then must choose some of the best available do not compromise value for quality. Straits view and molek pines takes the crown for the moment. Better find those already built like what Bro wuqi says so that you can see for yourself rather than but it and hope for the best. actually landed can be just as secure. In terms of landed, think EL has extremely enviable measures built in like double fencing, CCTV, panic button, alarm etc... Most condos don't even have half of what they give!

InformedHH

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hard to kick arse.

Surely underutilized.

A look at condos in spore will show the facilities are hardly utilized unless those mass market condos bought by heartlanders who think bathe also must bathe in common toilet.

I think the cheaper the other way round factoring a gym membership for one and difficulty in general finding a decent if at all public pool in JB vs. SG. A good excuse to shoo my family into more physical activity since its already paid for. =)

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
If condo then must choose some of the best available do not compromise value for quality. Straits view and molek pines takes the crown for the moment. Better find those already built like what Bro wuqi says so that you can see for yourself rather than but it and hope for the best. actually landed can be just as secure. In terms of landed, think EL has extremely enviable measures built in like double fencing, CCTV, panic button, alarm etc... Most condos don't even have half of what they give!

thanks for the opinion euphony.

somehow, Molek pines and straits view dun appeal to me that much as I am attracted to the greens available at HH.

So it seems like HH is a firm location for my wife, now have to decide landed or the condo.

The condo in HH also has its own guard and CCTV on top of those already in place for HH.

BTW, what is EL??

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
For the loyalty programme, i could never really get that in many places. As i never expected to get anything, its always a bonus to me.

Actually Cathylmg, seems you got the really bad ones. Mine pales as compared to your experienced, never got situation like that. In fact they even let me hold 5-20% of the total for a month to ensure i am happy with the results. One of them eventually let me deduct more than 20% as we were really unhappy.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the loyalty programme, i could never really get that in many places. As i never expected to get anything, its always a bonus to me.

Actually Cathylmg, seems you got the really bad ones. Mine pales as compared to your experienced, never got situation like that. In fact they even let me hold 5-20% of the total for a month to ensure i am happy with the results. One of them eventually let me deduct more than 20% as we were really unhappy.

I sure hope to be as lucky as you. Bro Wuqi. If you could gather all the good deals in one blog, I'll definately support visiting it regularly.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be surprise. I kenna lock outside my house before I pay up my window grilles ok? Have to wait for the contractor to come to my house to open the door and he collect money from me immediately. I was very nice to him and never said I wanna drag the payment or wanna don't pay them before. I even paid them the deposits. I call this super agressively kiasu. Back home if you do like this, I can go to matah to straight away. Here in a foreign land bo bian lor, bite the bullets...:(

Also one normal laminated cabinets want to charge me rm5.5k? One mirror charges rm800+? Wah, this contracter sees a big big carrot!:rolleyes:

I spoken to my JB friends, she said to me honestly, that they see Sinkies as rich people. They can kotok us and we'll still feel that its cheap. :confused:

that is so unethical. perhaps next time bring a friendly neighbor along one who knows whether the deal is good or not before committing? Also can establish a better r/s can look after each other's house if not around etc.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
that is so unethical. perhaps next time bring a friendly neighbor along one who knows whether the deal is good or not before committing? Also can establish a better r/s can look after each other's house if not around etc.

After those incidence, I started to talk more to the aunties staying around my estate. Now if I have any problem I think I'll ask for their opinion first. I hope I don't get conned again.

On the side note, one auntie ask the rubbish collectors to chop down a tree infront of her house, they just chop and throw into the rubbish truck, it costed her only rm20 as compared to rm500-rm600 if you call in the professionals. Wow! My eyes popped out! :eek:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
For condo / would be owners -

By NELSON BENJAMIN | May 5, 2011
Demand up for high-rise homes
Heng is confident that Johor’s property market would continue to do.

Attractive pricing is drawing more buyers to condominium units.

Property demand in Johor, especially for apartment and condominium units, is expected to pick up due to competitive pricing policy and also because of government initiatives.

Real Estate and Housing Developers Association (Rehda) Johor branch chairman Simon Heng said that demand for such homes is now on the rise as they are cheaper than landed property.

“The cost of land in Johor is increasing, thus, condominium units and apartments are cheaper than a double-storey landed property,” he said.

He added that an average 1,100sq ft (102sq m) condominium unit in the state could fetch between RM200,000 and RM350,000. As for a double-storey unit, it would cost between RM350,000 and RM400,000.

Facilities and security

Heng added that the mindset of house buyers in the state was also changing as people are now looking for properties which not only provide security but also facilities such as swimming pool and other amenities.

“Besides that, condominium units and apartments will also be sought-after following the government’s new initiative for first-time house buyers to purchase homes with 100% loans for properties below RM220,000,” he said, adding that the Malaysian Property Expo (Mapex) would be a good way to gauge the effectiveness of the initiative.

Heng added that because of the increased demand in such properties, more developers have started or would be launching more of such projects in the state.

He was upbeat about the state’s overall property market and said it would continue to boom especially with many infrastructure projects due for completion next year.

“Improved connectivity such as the New Coastal Highway, Eastern Dispersal Link Expressway and Senai- Pasir Gudang-Desaru Expressway will certainly help boost property sales in the state,” he said.

On the upcoming Mapex in City Square, Johor Baru, from today until Sunday, Heng said this time there would be more booths and more houses available.

More properties for sale

“This year, there are 82 participating booths offering 7,000 properties worth RM4.1bil,” Heng said, adding that last November’s Mapex had 76 booths.

He said that the property overhang in the state had also been reduced to a figure of 7,800 units.

“Many properties for sale during Mapex will be new projects,” Heng said, adding that they were expecting good sales because of the improved economy, increased number of first-time buyers and also because of more people looking for property upgrade.

He pointed out that security was a concern among buyers and people still preferred gated communities.

Rehda Johor activities and education sub-committee chairman Wong Kuen Kong added that so far, apart from 35 developers, at least three banks would also be participating in Mapex.

“During last November’s Mapex, we had good response, especially for the sale of single- and double-storey homes,” he said, adding that higher-end semi-detached units and bungalows were also popular.

“For this Mapex, there will be talks on Feng Shui and home decoration,” Wong said.

He added that Feng Shui tips were not just popular among the Chinese but other races as well. Such tips were especially popular with owners of high-end homes such as semi-detached units and bungalows.

“People hope to apply Feng Shui tips in their homes to increase their wealth as well as improve their health and business.”

Wong encouraged purchasers, especially first-time buyers, to use Mapex as a platform to get the best deals as it is a good time to snap up properties thanks to the competitive interest rate.

“We foresee the prices of houses escalating due to the rise in cost of construction material. This is partly due to the price hike in construction materials and also due to labour shortage,” he said.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
The ruling says only Malaysians with MyKad can purchase RON95. Doesn't matter you pour it into the car or bring it home. So Sg registered does not mean you can't fill up.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
The ruling says only Malaysians with MyKad can purchase RON95. Doesn't matter you pour it into the car or bring it home. So Sg registered does not mean you can't fill up.

I see. So if I ask my neighbour to buy for me in a container also can rite? Then I let them earn a bit lah.... :biggrin:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember, lousy service from Horizon Hills is going to cost them more sales next time. I have tried to close one eye to their shit but its time i hit back as they are simply wasting my time. The person in charge of my house seem to be "on leave" every day I call him. I have been calling him about 100 times and 3 times daily over the past 1-2 months and guess what, I only managed to talk to him about 2-3 times!

Total Crap!

I concur. Went there a couple of times. I love the concept as well as the elevation going into the development feels very exclusive. Going towards the sales office I always tell myself I'd love to own something in this development. The club house is gorgeous etc but leaving the sales office everytime always left a bitter taste in my mouth. I guess I am not alone in thinking that.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cathy, V-power is the name given by Shell to their product. Esso name theirs F1 Synergy, Petronas' Primax etc, etc. I'm referring to all RON95 fuel in M'sia which is subsidized by the govt and priced at RM1.90 per litre.

Status
Not open for further replies.