• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definately cheaper then those golf schools in Singapore. My son is interested in taking up golf. I'll send him and my hubby to go together. Time for some father and son bonding after his PSLE. :wink:

For those who may be keen :

1) Austin Hills Golf Resort - 15 km from woodlands checkpt

a) Package A : 7 x 1 hr golf lessons + 2 golf course experience (4 hrs)

1 pax - RM 980
2 pax - RM 750
3 pax - RM 650

b) PackageB : 6 x 1 hr golf lessons + 1 golf course experience

1 pax - RM 680
2 pax - RM 550
3 pax - RM 450

2 ) Riding School at Leisure Farm Resort (Near Tuas check point)

Basic riding, 2 pax, 8 lessons x 45 mins
RM 420 / pax

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
These shops makan us like nobodys business bro.

I just cant seem to get a good deal from them...:(:(

Wonder how some guys do it!

Please share your bargaining experience with us. I've found that people who drive Singapore cars tend to get chop carrot most of the time. Also they are more aggressive towards Singaporean as compare to their locals. The nicer you are to them, the more carrots they chop.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether it is mainly for fresh air or economic reasons, or both, I think news like these exciting developments and opinions are ok, good to know or like they say, "shiok sendiri" aka "I feel so rich" . No harm meant :biggrin:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bros, there is a TCM place here, run by Koreans, there are 2 Doctors here, both Dr Kim. Quite good and very thorough, unlike in SG, where most of the doctors are always in a "factory" mode, i find that doctors in JB, US, etc tend to be more patient, compassionate and not always trying to sell you more drugs or referral letters.

Not all are like that in SG but i remembered one doctor who kept asking us to let our grandfather "go". In fact, he was the one who prescibed the cough medicine for him that made him cough so badly, throw up and fall subsequently in a coma. I also remembered one doctor who told my grandma off as she had to wait more than 4 hours in SGH and another in TTSH who put my grandfather on hold for 7 hours in a wheelchair even when he was coughing out blood. I was too poor to send them to better facilities and being junior and young, it was not my decision to make either. I wished i was just born earlier so that i could have taken better care of them, especially my grandfather.

Ok back to the Korean clinic, the name of the place is Xiang Xin but not written like that, they speak mandarin pretty well though. They have a picture of Da Chang Jin inside. This place is in the row of Trendy lighting/BH Aircon(York) where they also have several good money changers(go for the Orange signboard one)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Please share your bargaining experience with us. I've found that people who drive Singapore cars tend to get chop carrot most of the time. Also they are more aggressive towards Singaporean as compare to their locals. The nicer you are to them, the more carrots they chop.

Actually true but not for all shops, some of them still gave me the same rate even when i showed up in my SG car at first. Some though will, so those that i find will try to overcharge, i will drive my MY cars over. Some places though gave me quite good deals as i intro friends to them and never take any comms. People said i am silly but i would rather not make money from friends and especially family members.

Now indirectly because we never took anything, they tend to automatically give us discounts whenever i buy something from them. I get lights repaired for neighbours for free, or people giving discounts to my friends for car repair, fridge, etc without asking. From time to time, we get a lot of free food and stuff. My sister who recently put in led lights got another set free. I got a free brake light as well recently so its not all bad. You need to find a good place and stick to it. I find that people here would reward you for your loyalty.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
By the way, the Korean TCM clinic isn't that cheap, its about 50 RM for kids and 120-130 per adult but then its about 5 days worth of meds they gave us and it really worked. I was exhausted on Monday but it perked me up enough the next day and got rid of my cold by Wednesday.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
RON97 petrol price up to record high in Malaysia

PETALING JAYA, Malaysia - The price of premium RON97 petrol will be increased by 20 sen to a record high of RM2.90 (S$1.20) per litre from Thursday.

"The price of RON97 fluctuates as the Government has lifted the subsidy for this petrol," Malaysian Petrol Dealers Association president Datuk Hashim Othman said Wednesday when confirming the price increase.

The previous increase was a month ago.

"The price of RON97 might go down in future, but this depends on the political situation in the Middle East as well as natural disasters," he added.

Subsidised RON95 petrol and diesel prices remain unchanged.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sempoorna = Perfect

juga berkata = also say/well said

Sempoorna

wah

juga berkata

Anyway, how many of us swims everyday?
How many plays golf every weekends?
And how many goes to the gym frequently?
Even Bro Wuqi also so busy bringing relatives around evey weekend. How to enjoy a game of golf?
Even if you want to enjoy the facilites, you can just pay per entry. Definately cheaper then having to pay high maintenance for these facilities every month.

IMHO. Might have alternative voice hor....haha!

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal

PETALING JAYA, Malaysia - The price of premium RON97 petrol will be increased by 20 sen to a record high of RM2.90 (S$1.20) per litre from Thursday.

"The price of RON97 fluctuates as the Government has lifted the subsidy for this petrol," Malaysian Petrol Dealers Association president Datuk Hashim Othman said Wednesday when confirming the price increase.

"The price of RON97 might go down in future, but this depends on the political situation in the Middle East as well as natural disasters," he added.

ALL TIME high and still $1.20/L.... last few weekends going Malaysia, my petrol cost went down by half...

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually true but not for all shops, some of them still gave me the same rate even when i showed up in my SG car at first. Some though will, so those that i find will try to overcharge, i will drive my MY cars over. Some places though gave me quite good deals as i intro friends to them and never take any comms. People said i am silly but i would rather not make money from friends and especially family members.

Now indirectly because we never took anything, they tend to automatically give us discounts whenever i buy something from them. I get lights repaired for neighbours for free, or people giving discounts to my friends for car repair, fridge, etc without asking. From time to time, we get a lot of free food and stuff. My sister who recently put in led lights got another set free. I got a free brake light as well recently so its not all bad. You need to find a good place and stick to it. I find that people here would reward you for your loyalty.

Not much difference from loyalty programmes rite? But for those of us who don't have relatives and friend and are new to the place, kenna kotok also have to keep quiet incase they get agressive. Just take it lor. Sign!

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way, the Korean TCM clinic isn't that cheap, its about 50 RM for kids and 120-130 per adult but then its about 5 days worth of meds they gave us and it really worked. I was exhausted on Monday but it perked me up enough the next day and got rid of my cold by Wednesday.

Any free TCM available? Here, I always go to free ones as I feel that they always gives you good medicine to make you well enough not to go back. LOL!

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether it is mainly for fresh air or economic reasons, or both, I think news like these exciting developments and opinions are ok, good to know or like they say, "shiok sendiri" aka "I feel so rich" . No harm meant :biggrin:

Yeah, yeah! So high now. Macam on steriods!:biggrin:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

If it gets high enough, it will affect the price of our V-Power so better pray hard it doesn't happen.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes surely we will be chop and chop until become lamb chop. They wont get aggressive. But surely will chop us la....

Even i buy vegetables i kena chop...

Even i buy meat i also chop

Not much difference from loyalty programmes rite? But for those of us who don't have relatives and friend and are new to the place, kenna kotok also have to keep quiet incase they get agressive. Just take it lor. Sign!

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah lah damn irritating sia.

I wish it does not turn out to behave like the spore fuel market.

Change so often!!:(:(

Our pattern, 2 step forward 1 step back. It will only end up higher. The Najee is good friend with you know who lah...they learn from each other....hehe!

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually buying properties with basics facilities which are easy to maintain is enough for me. Most important is gated and guarded. Incase of default by management. Not that every development gets bad management. But just incase.

Anyway, how many of us swims everyday? How many plays golf every weekends? And how many goes to the gym frequently? Even Bro Wuqi also so busy bringing relatives around evey weekend. How to enjoy a game of golf? Even if you want to enjoy the facilites, you can just pay per entry. Definitely cheaper then having to pay high maintenance for these facilities every month.

IMHO. Might have alternative voice hor....haha!

I think the cheaper the other way round factoring a gym membership for one and difficulty in general finding a decent if at all public pool in JB vs. SG. A good excuse to shoo my family into more physical activity since its already paid for. =)

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be surprise. I kenna lock outside my house before I pay up my window grilles ok? Have to wait for the contractor to come to my house to open the door and he collect money from me immediately. I was very nice to him and never said I wanna drag the payment or wanna don't pay them before. I even paid them the deposits. I call this super agressively kiasu. Back home if you do like this, I can go to matah to straight away. Here in a foreign land bo bian lor, bite the bullets...:(

Also one normal laminated cabinets want to charge me rm5.5k? One mirror charges rm800+? Wah, this contracter sees a big big carrot!:rolleyes:

I spoken to my JB friends, she said to me honestly, that they see Sinkies as rich people. They can kotok us and we'll still feel that its cheap. :confused:

Yes surely we will be chop and chop until become lamb chop. They wont get aggressive. But surely will chop us la....

Even i buy vegetables i kena chop...

Even i buy meat i also chop

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
That I totally agree. But after bringing my wife there, she still prefers the condo as she feels safer than staying in landed property in Malaysia.

So its not so much of the facilities, but rather the up keep of the place for necessary necessities like rubbish clearing and lifts working, etc.

For me, I personally prefer landed property as as I would like my kids to have a place to run about.

But I have to respect my wife's views too since she will be staying there too, and for a longer time daily then me.

If condo then must choose some of the best available do not compromise value for quality. Straits view and molek pines takes the crown for the moment. Better find those already built like what Bro wuqi says so that you can see for yourself rather than buy it and hope for the best. actually landed can be just as secure. In terms of landed, think EL has extremely enviable measures built in like double fencing, CCTV, panic button, alarm etc... Most condos don't even have half of what they give!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.