• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro vincentck

Termites eat up wood yes. But termites infestation can even happen if you change soil in your garden (if you have a corner unit) or the little patch provided for intermediate homes. That apart your renovator will bring in sand as well. This will definitely void termite warranty unless you are able to prove after renovations that there are no termites in your place through an inspection by an inspector/company approved by your developer.

From my 2c knowledge solar films void window warranty unless your developer is prepared to handle it on a case by case basis.

I have high ceilings as well. In certain places the ceiling is plaster board and at other places RCC.

According to my friend who I brought to see the NI show house, UEM is using metal truss for the door frames and roof structure, which he said is good because there is no wood used in the house structure. So, I don't have to worry about termite problems in my NI house 10-20 years later. As for Item 2, installation of the solar film doesn't affect the window frame, so I guess it's an argueable point with the developer if I have any issues with my windows.

Agree with Item 3 and maybe Item 4; although it sounds illogical for a worker to spoil the roof structure. On that note, may I know if your top floor ceiling is originally plaster ceiling or concrete? I saw the Ni show house; it seems to be plaster ceiling already; not sure if because it's a show house and the put plaster ceiling to install the down lights. Just that the ceiling seemed very high, around 11ft.

As for Item 5, my renovation will definitely void that warranty since I plan to extend out from the side of my corner house, so bo pian.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drove into JB via Causeway this evening. Left Spore home at 820pm. Reached JB Pusat Bandaraya at 9pm. Not bad considering the evening peak hour to head back to JB.

The exchange rate i secured was not fantastic. Just 238 (display 236).
Not my fav money changer. So not much of a choice.

Got myself a Digi SIM Card (Rm 8.50 value Rm 5)
Topped up an additional Rm 50

Extended the life of my sim card and thereupon my HP no by one year (Rm 30)

Remaining Talk time Rm 25

I then called my mum in spore using 02 as prefix.

Spoke to her for about 13 minutes. Cost me Rm 2.25.
Dunno how they charged it. But sounded reasonably cheap to me atleast.

Now one thing i discovered about Digi is that if you hit Rm 1 per day (thru IDD/local calls) your local calls in Malaysia will be 12c per min to any network and sms 1c per minute to any network for the remaining hours of that day.

Sounds reasonable and really cheap especially for those who are in Malaysia and need to make lots of calls to Spore and local calls as well.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm

This Good Friday Easter WEekend i am going to have 6 visitors at my home.
Gonna have one big Eurasian party with portuguese styled pork and the works.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Now obviously i cant put them all in my car. Which means i need to call 2 cabs as i need my car for my family.

Now any guys can suggest numbers of reliable cab companies? Do they have bigger cabs? I have not seen any.

Also another important question and bro Wuqi maybe able to help me out here. I would like to bring the visitors to Bukit Indah Jusco. While from Setia Tropika i can call for cabs to Bukit Indah, i would like to be advised on how do i return from Bukit indah to ST. Do i call again? And if i call will the cabs pick me up from Bukit Indah Jusco?

The reason i am asking this is cause i have not seen many cabs around this place cause obviously most people drive around that part of town.

Help..

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun think i ever mentioned crime in Bukit Indah. Please point that out. And if i did i am sorry. I have already apologised. But if i did not... I am not going to ask you to apologise cause I have learned a lot from you

There are lots of things you wanna say about me playing politics, criticising, harping and so on. I will let you do that.

For the moment i will not harp on the things you have said/discussed and which in my opinion may not be right cause you have helped me a lot. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions right?

Lets try not to force our ideas on anyone or suggest that this is how forummers must participate. Let forummers say whatever they wanna say as long as they talk about IM.

I think if you have noticed i have given you lots of credit many times. You still needle me? Why?

not to have pages harping on the same thing?

i can stop you if you choose to continue.

I do not harp or dwell on it.

Prof, this is as crime is everywhere, even though there are posts about crime in other areas, i did not post about it here.

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm if i speak about it I will be offending sensitivities/hijacking/playing politics etc.

But ur right. If we realise that crime does exist it will possibly make us more cautious which is good for all of us.

Yes i noticed Road Blocks while entering Bukit Indah from the highway on Sunday and yday as well.

I am of the opinion that we must be open about the crime factor in JB, as we will be lying if we say JB is safe. But I have to credit the polis for erecting road blocks all over the place to deter crime and I say good job!

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Jogs1, mine sharing exactly which money changer in Raffles Place gave you this rate/ I went to change at People's Park Complex and only managed to get 2.39 on 6th Apr. Always good to know another high-rate money changer which is near my office at Tiong Bahru.

Sure, it's money Matters Foreign Exchange, 11 collyer quay, #02-32/33 The Arcade. Tel: 6222-1451. Better call up to check the rate first!

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sure, it's money Matters Foreign Exchange, 11 collyer quay, #02-32/33 The Arcade. Tel: 6222-1451. Better call up to check the rate first!

Yes I "double confirm' that they are able to give one of the best rates, I'm their customer too. 1 or 2 other money changers on the same floor(2nd floor) are able to give comparable rates or even 10 cents higher sometimes. It depends on the exact time when they bought their money to keep as their stock, exchange rate fluctuates every seconds. So maybe Money Matters display a better rate today, another money changer might display a better rate tomorrow. The key is to compare the displayed rates on 2nd floor of Arcade, don't waste your time going to 1st floor as their rates are lousier as they operate like retailers rather than wholesalers. All the most competitive rates are on 2nd floor.

I can say that Arcade provides one of the best rates in Singapore. I've went to Parkway once and with the rate they offered, I'll be getting RM420 lesser as I called Arcade to compare rates. I asked them whether they can meet Arcade's rate but they said they were unable to. They counter offered me their best rate but still RM100 lesser than Arcade. I thought it was not worth the trouble to drive to Arcade just for another Rm100, thus I just took their offer.

Where ever you guys go to exchange Ringgit next time, just call Money Matters at the number stated by Jogs1 above to compare the rate and remember to post your comparison here so as to benefit every reader. When you call, ask for Aneen or Anvar so that they will think that you are their big time regular customer who has their business card :smile:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
My parents car were pulled over in Pekan Nanas yesterday while going thru 2 road blocks.. for not displaying road tax.. And while entering Bukit Indah, I sense increased police presence.. usually the road block is opp jusco heading into highway but now they have erected a booth which monitors cars ENTERING Bukit Indah from the highway, causing small jams. I am pleased with what they are doing though.

We have to highlight crimes as there are crimes everywhere and we cannot let our guards off. Remember, if we sweep everything under the carpet and say JB is very safe, so safe that there are no crimes, arent we the same as Singapore media/ PAP?

I tend to agree with you on this. By bringing the problem to the surface, it will be a bitter pill to swallow. However I'd rather swallow the bitter pill to get well, so that the police do something about it. Rather then let things escalate to a detrimetal stage. Sweeping the problem under the carpet is not a good idea.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Change Alley at Collyer quay thats what its called right?

Some bank guys i know told me that their rates are "as good as it can get" which means very good.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Prof, the robbery at Bukit Indah? No problem, If we can't solve the problem or find ways to alleviate/avoid it, then we have to face it head on. Criticizing a place we are guests in and knowing we cannot do anything about it, well anyway, this is not a moderated forum.

I checked through, I left out the "'t" in the can, i meant it as "can't" as it was a real typo. My apologies.
I picked on you as i thought you were singling out one single place to criticize.
I understand your view point, please accept my apologies as well.

Prof, HH, Cathy -

Mentioning of anything, anytime is fine.

I always try to point out solutions when i can. Don't get me wrong, crime is everywhere as its always been stated in the forum, there is no moderation here so you can
always post anything to warn or update others.

Last edited:

rw6akr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm

This Good Friday Easter WEekend i am going to have 6 visitors at my home.
Gonna have one big Eurasian party with portuguese styled pork and the works.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Now obviously i cant put them all in my car. Which means i need to call 2 cabs as i need my car for my family.

Now any guys can suggest numbers of reliable cab companies? Do they have bigger cabs? I have not seen any.

Also another important question and bro Wuqi maybe able to help me out here. I would like to bring the visitors to Bukit Indah Jusco. While from Setia Tropika i can call for cabs to Bukit Indah, i would like to be advised on how do i return from Bukit indah to ST. Do i call again? And if i call will the cabs pick me up from Bukit Indah Jusco?

The reason i am asking this is cause i have not seen many cabs around this place cause obviously most people drive around that part of town.

Help..
It is quite easy to get a 7 seater from Bukit Indah but better to call them first. Two guys I know with 7 seaters are Ghani and Din and they have those nice looking blue cabs.
Phones are 0167185175 and 0169581214

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
i noticed that most of the road blocks they almost always put more attention to JB cars and tend to leave SG plates alone @ BI so long as no illegal HIDs etc. At the causeway side majority of the time SG plates get pulled over. can see the difference in motive. So far every single time that i travel to BI I always see road blocks. it is a good feeling to know that its no longer NATO anymore.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks so much rw6akr. Really need help over the Easter Weekend. Too many visitors. 2 cabs would be a headache as these guys are foeigners (dunno their way around)

Thanks i will try them.

Also just a question. Any specific place in Bukit INdah near Jusco/Tesco where cabs park so that i can get there incase the limo cabs are not available?

It is quite easy to get a 7 seater from Bukit Indah but better to call them first. Two guys I know with 7 seaters are Ghani and Din and they have those nice looking blue cabs.
Phones are 0167185175 and 0169581214

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi honestly you are needling me again.

Please show me the thread wherein i highlighted robbery at Bukit INdah.

I searched through the threads last night i could not find them.

I did a google search this morning. Still cant find them.

I apologise in advance if i specifically mentioned robbery at Bukit Indah. I have a strong feeling you are mistaken though.

I really dun understand why you are after me all the time.

Prof, the robbery at Bukit Indah? No problem,

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if i have already mentioned it. I left my home at ST at about 1205 am.

Reached my home in Spore at 1250am

45 minutes. Not bad. I must say off peak timing though!

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My parents car were pulled over in Pekan Nanas yesterday while going thru 2 road blocks.. for not displaying road tax.. And while entering Bukit Indah, I sense increased police presence.. usually the road block is opp jusco heading into highway but now they have erected a booth which monitors cars ENTERING Bukit Indah from the highway, causing small jams. I am pleased with what they are doing though.

We have to highlight crimes as there are crimes everywhere and we cannot let our guards off. Remember, if we sweep everything under the carpet and say JB is very safe, so safe that there are no crimes, arent we the same as Singapore media/ PAP?

I tend to agree with you on this. By bringing the problem to the surface, it will be a bitter pill to swallow. However I'd rather swallow the bitter pill to get well, so that the police do something about it. Rather then let things escalate to a detrimetal stage. Sweeping the problem under the carpet is not a good idea.

In a more developed country like Singapore, there are pressure on Government or private sectors to provide better service or to improve on the things that they do because its people are always complaining.

Even better individual's manners and graciousness can be built from peer pressure or pressure from the society. One example would be if you cut a queue and everyone else in the queue would speak up and tell you off. I'm sure you wouldn't dare to cut any queue in future. It's because of the Asian culture in us which prevents us from telling off some strangers who cut a queue, thus those ill mannered ones don't have any pressure on them to be more gracious. Why are people from some western countries, I'm not saying all, more gracious than us generally? You try cutting queue in an AngMo country and see whether many Angmos will tell you off or not? You can try that in Singapore, if you are unlucky, you'll meet a rare hero who will curse at you with hokkien vulgarities but in most circumstances, people will just look at each other with wrinkle eyebrows but keep quiet about it. Don't you agree that when we visit a country where everyone are so gracious, we will also become gracious instantaneously so as not to be the odd one out or being labelled as a low-class and rude person?

If just 70% of the population of Malaysia are like the Angmo from Adda Heights who is not afraid to speak up and complain with all his talents and make that matter big, I'm sure the government will be pressured to 'further' improve on whatever area they need to improve, even though they are already improving and results have been seen with statistics. To repeat myself again, "Keeping quiet is not the long term solution". For our own society to improve, it must start from us.

Of course such mindset and culture of a country need tens of years to slowly change through education and learning, I'm merely highlighting the issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.