• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 4

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must check the furniture carefully for insects and dmg etc. Generally ok. But try to buy your own bed. If can fridge and other kitchen stuff also

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi all, just some late updates on MCO here in JB. (yes i am still here)

Went to Setia Tropika immigration on April 1st to try to extend, turns out that it was an April Fools joke on me and my friend.
I went with my wife and kids and were told to turn back right outside. Was told by the police at the road block there that our pass will be auto extended until the end of the MCO period. So those who needs to extend their stay please take note.

upl.jpg

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
For Singaporeans still in Malaysia, if you are in KL, there are still flights to Singapore.
For those in JB, no choice but to walk or thumb a ride back with friends. Senai airport does not have airasia flights to KL at this time. Can try Malaysia airlines.

Please note:

Most government services and offices are CLOSED during this time including LHDN/Hasil/MBIP etc. Immigration at Setia Tropika is closed. Been there and verified.
LARKIN and CitySquare taxi services to Singapore are CLOSED.

Tesco supermarkets are open, still have quite a good variety including the ones at Bukit Indah and the small one at KSL (yes that is still open)

Masks are becoming a commodity as the government has restricted the ceiling price of masks to 1.50 RM but some shops such as Mycaring Pharmacy in Nusa Bestari are selling ready stock masks for 3 RM each.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes thats why i chose to stay on here. Singapore has a lack of awareness and URGENCY, most misled by initial WHO advisories not to wear masks.
Even now its still relatively easy to get in Singapore compared to Malaysia but also mainly because the public don't realise how serious it
is, masks are not the key but keeping apart, avoiding crowded places and keeping clean. We had months to prepare and with the old relationship with
them, should have learned from their examples and methods. Then again, we are a "democracy" hence hard to implement.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are retarded. Now we will even recover slower than malaysia because we wishy washy on lockdown. They are afraid people will get retrenchhed and blame pap. Dummies dont realise global economy will make that happen either way

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Filthy Malaysian Indian criminal bully liar son of whore pretending to be chinese sends out this fake house agent sms message to harass me. This is what you get from lawless Malaysians.

View attachment 78070
Oh after I called many times finally someone called me that and said she is real chinese agent. Ok I got it wrong this time round.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes thats why i chose to stay on here. Singapore has a lack of awareness and URGENCY, most misled by initial WHO advisories not to wear masks.
Even now its still relatively easy to get in Singapore compared to Malaysia but also mainly because the public don't realise how serious it
is, masks are not the key but keeping apart, avoiding crowded places and keeping clean. We had months to prepare and with the old relationship with
them, should have learned from their examples and methods. Then again, we are a "democracy" hence hard to implement.
Hi Bro wuqi256, good day to you. Unlike others, I believe in staying in Singapore during this period and stuck here since. Wondering when the Johor CIQ will allow the regular movements of people to and from JB. There appears to be no information on this. Any updates on this?

frestoinc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro wuqi256, good day to you. Unlike others, I believe in staying in Singapore during this period and stuck here since. Wondering when the Johor CIQ will allow the regular movements of people to and from JB. There appears to be no information on this. Any updates on this?

Anyone travelling into Malaysia will have to pay for their compulsory COVID-19 hotel quarantine from Jun 1, said Senior Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob on Wednesday (May 20).

Foreigners and permanent residents will have to pay the full cost of RM150 (US$34.50) a day, while returning Malaysians will be charged half of that amount.

The National Security Council (NSC) has made it compulsory for all people intending to travel to Malaysia to first sign an agreement to pay the quarantine charges at their nearest embassy.

Source

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone travelling into Malaysia will have to pay for their compulsory COVID-19 hotel quarantine from Jun 1, said Senior Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob on Wednesday (May 20).

Foreigners and permanent residents will have to pay the full cost of RM150 (US$34.50) a day, while returning Malaysians will be charged half of that amount.

The National Security Council (NSC) has made it compulsory for all people intending to travel to Malaysia to first sign an agreement to pay the quarantine charges at their nearest embassy.

Source
Thank you Frestoinc for your reply, looks like it's a no-no to revisit Malaysia until a few more months.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
It for those with business running inside.
It for those who has MM2h PROGRAMME.

No day tripper will ever travel there.

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
base on my personal experience moving out of singapore and live in another country(10 years already).

always remember every countries there are some places or parts are not so safe to lived so avoid these places.
the best is ask around ask friends who lived there the more info u get the better.

as i read the discussion here i not sure u guys buying or interested to buy a house in malaysia if u just want to buy a house in malaysia but u still got job in sg the best is choose your property not far from JB closer to sg. but if u buying a house in Malaysia to retire in future u can choose any location for me i prefer far away from the city maybe near the beach or moutain because when i retire i want to have a calm enviroment.

some good tip is try to buy a property where your neighbor is sgrean like where i am now whenever i go holidays i have a peace of mind as i know my house is being look after that goes the same thing if my sgrean neigbor go for holidays i will keep an eye on their house!

be humble, be kind and be friendly it will go a long way especially u are in a foreign country. people might not act friendly at 1st but after awhile they will be friendly to u it just take abit of time for some people to gain their trust and get to know u.

like they say when u in rome do what the roman do and dont show off your wealth be humble so to avoid criminal.

to me there so many good thing if u dare to move to another countries and also there a risk but for the risk we can reduce and avoid.
some of the good thing is if u moving to Malaysia u be paying in Ringgit right and daily expenses are far affordable then singapore u can buy a car that cost far cheaper then sg and there no COE! and i believe your malaysia property wont devalued over the years like HDB flats in singapore after 99 years ZERO value.

1 week before (10 years ago) i moved to another country i sold my hdb because i dont intend to come back to singapore i only get the profit of the sale and that money i managed to used it to pay the deposit of a landed property and buy 2 new small car.
it was a struggle at 1st 2 years because we have to start everything all over again. and now when i look back i did the right decision to leave sg for good after 10 years i owned 2 house one i living in it and the other one i rent it out. plus i already retired when i was 40 year old and now i 47 year old :smile: i can never dream of retiring if i still living in sg! and now i a proud daddy to to my 6 year old daughter which again i can never dream to have children is i were in sg it is too costly.

i hope my sharing will inspire u if i can do it i sure u can too!

cheers!

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
base on my personal experience moving out of singapore and live in another country(10 years already).

always remember every countries there are some places or parts are not so safe to lived so avoid these places.
the best is ask around ask friends who lived there the more info u get the better.

as i read the discussion here i not sure u guys buying or interested to buy a house in malaysia if u just want to buy a house in malaysia but u still got job in sg the best is choose your property not far from JB closer to sg. but if u buying a house in Malaysia to retire in future u can choose any location for me i prefer far away from the city maybe near the beach or moutain because when i retire i want to have a calm enviroment.

some good tip is try to buy a property where your neighbor is sgrean like where i am now whenever i go holidays i have a peace of mind as i know my house is being look after that goes the same thing if my sgrean neigbor go for holidays i will keep an eye on their house!

be humble, be kind and be friendly it will go a long way especially u are in a foreign country. people might not act friendly at 1st but after awhile they will be friendly to u it just take abit of time for some people to gain their trust and get to know u.

like they say when u in rome do what the roman do and dont show off your wealth be humble so to avoid criminal.

to me there so many good thing if u dare to move to another countries and also there a risk but for the risk we can reduce and avoid.
some of the good thing is if u moving to Malaysia u be paying in Ringgit right and daily expenses are far affordable then singapore u can buy a car that cost far cheaper then sg and there no COE! and i believe your malaysia property wont devalued over the years like HDB flats in singapore after 99 years ZERO value.

1 week before (10 years ago) i moved to another country i sold my hdb because i dont intend to come back to singapore i only get the profit of the sale and that money i managed to used it to pay the deposit of a landed property and buy 2 new small car.
it was a struggle at 1st 2 years because we have to start everything all over again. and now when i look back i did the right decision to leave sg for good after 10 years i owned 2 house one i living in it and the other one i rent it out. plus i already retired when i was 40 year old and now i 47 year old :smile: i can never dream of retiring if i still living in sg! and now i a proud daddy to to my 6 year old daughter which again i can never dream to have children is i were in sg it is too costly.

cheers!

Thanks for sharing...

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

cheers!

Bro. Did u apply for MM2H?