• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
if one is a certain type of foreigner, you are very welcome in malaysia, can easily get citizen or PR. i shall say no more.

Sorry hor. Don't anyhow spread rumours.
Just being a Malay does not automatically entitle you to MY citizenship or PR as many of you non-Malays think.
They practice Jus Sanguinis. Provide solid proof that any of your parents are born in MY then you can apply for citizenship. Else they won't even give you the form. Don't believe, go to JPN Putrajaya. There is even a high ranking Chinese JPN officer who can help explain to you if you only speak mandarin.

Last edited:

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry hor. Don't anyhow spread rumours. Just being a Malay does not automatically entitle you to MY citizenship or PR as many of you non-Malays think. They practice Jus Sanguinis. Provide solid proof that any of your parents are born in MY then you can apply for citizenship. Else they won't even give you the form. Don't believe, go to JPN Putrajaya. There is even a high ranking Chinese JPN officer who can help explain to you if you only speak mandarin.
Maybe he was referring to Bangladeshis in view of the scandal during GE13 last May.

Eesee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure about Msia govt chasing of taxes from certain race only. But I have come across one Msian Chinese before who told me he didn't repay his student loan given by the Msia govt for his higher education and they also never chased him all these years. So at least for student loans, I know they didn't chase for all races, not just specific race only.

Just thought of sharing about this. Often I heard from local JB Chinese about not entitled to low cost flats. However, when I read the Msia chinese papers about a JB low cost flats taman residents complaining about dust from nearby construction site, the published photo in the newspaper showed many Chinese residents and in the story at least four Chinese families being interviewed. Recently I went to visit a condo showflat in Larkin and there are flats nearby and one Msian Chinese sales superivisor told me many Chinese stayed there. According to her, often local people said no Chinese entitled for these flats but actually it is not true, one of her relatives stayed there too.

heard that these Chinese Malaysians bought over from the bumis by paying 2- 3000rm more from their original purchase. win win for both sides. The seller made instant profit after getting their special rate house.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best way to be a citizen is to be born in Malaysia to a Malaysian parent. My kids are all Malaysians ( even though I don't need to apply for them to be Malaysians ) and if u want to renounce citizenship before they hit 21, its "impossible".

Malaysia Boleh!

Just being a Malay does not automatically entitle you to MY citizenship or PR as many of you non-Malays think.
They practice Jus Sanguinis. Provide solid proof that any of your parents are born in MY then you can apply for citizenship. Else they won't even give you the form. Don't believe, go to JPN Putrajaya. There is even a high ranking Chinese JPN officer who can help explain to you if you only speak mandarin.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must see if using causeway or Tuas.. if causeway, the best is to wake up 2am, leave the house by 245am and hit Malaysia custom at 3am or so.. u will have to Q up a bit only.. maybe 5 minutes if u are unlucky.

The thing is, 4am u reach office, wat are you gota do? Exercise?

The best time everyday can I say is 3am early morning. Just wonder is it safe at this odd hour.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Did I mention "Malay"? There are two ways to become malaysian citizen in the constitution - one is parentage, the other is by way of naturalization.

Maybe your friends at JPN can investigate further why I have seen people who are patently foreign (they don't look like any of us in this region, they don't look like they speak Malay) holding Malaysian passport. Over the years, many of my friends have noticed more and more of these type of foreigners especially in KL, not surprised if they're holding Malaysian passport. You're right I cannot furnish hard facts, though. That's why I can only complain in a coffeeshop forum like this.

And btw, I speak BM well, so don't need a high ranking Chinese JPN officer to explain it to me in Mandarin.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must see if using causeway or Tuas.. if causeway, the best is to wake up 2am, leave the house by 245am and hit Malaysia custom at 3am or so.. u will have to Q up a bit only.. maybe 5 minutes if u are unlucky.

come in from johor @ 2am, catch a few hours sleep in your house in singapore, then go to work. problem is cannot rent out the singapore property then.

Shaven

Alfrescian
Loyal
This requires serious pondering. Is Singaporeans the real culprit in causing JB current inflationary issues? Yes, if you say thanks to the Singapore govt for giving hundreds of thousands Malaysians a high paying jobs so that they can take advantage of their home country ground to invest and speculate in JB properties and to afford to splurge on their house renovations, dine at Peking restaurant in Sutera.

Have we ever wonder what is the percentage of those who are buying properties in Iskandar areas are actually Singaporeans? Have you ever wonder how many of the active forummers in this forum are Singaporeans? I bet a large percentage of them are actually Malaysian SPRs working in Singapore.

Logic tells us that most of the landed properties has a maximum of 20% foreign quotas and for high rise is 50% foreign quotas. Do u actually believe that Singaporeans are filling up these quotas to the maximum limits of 20% and 50% with no other numbers from other well-oiled foreigners? Who is buying up the balance of 80% of landed house and 50% of high rise apartments? Aren't only Malaysians qualified to do that? Or the balance are left unsolded by developers? Cannot be, right? If the Malaysian locals aren't rich enough to buy up the balance, who else can?

Everytime we thought Malaysians locals salary are too low-paying to afford such high price housing in Iskandar that we forget that there are hundreds of thousand Malaysians working in Singapore with pay that are at least doubled if not tripled that of their peers working in Malaysia. And mind you not all housing projects have their foreign quotas filled up quickly; there are projects still waiting for their foreign quotas to be filled.

When we see the restaurant/cafe, shopping malls in JB are so busy during weekends while almost empty on weekdays, we say it is because of the Singaporeans crowd on weekend? Is it really so? I am not totally convinced by it. Could it not be that during the weekdays the restaurants/cafes and shopping malls are empty because the the hundreds of thousand Malaysian SPRs are busying working in Singapore and only have the time to splurge during weekends in JB?

So do most still want to believe that Singaporeans is the the MAJOR CAUSE of JB inflationary woes?

Malaysian SPRs works happily in Singapore earning extraordinary higher pay than their peers working in Malaysia and buy up houses eagerly in JB. Definitely they are not complaining about the high inflation in JB if not they are hitting at their own toes. While Singaporeans work miserly in Singapore due to high competition pressures from foreigners and was forced to buy up homes in JB due to affordability issues back in their own country. Who is in a heavenly position? Do u love to be a Malaysian SPR or Singaporean?

Who should the the Malaysian locals rightly blame for their inflationary woes, the Malaysian SPRs or the Singaporeans? Or their govt for not closing the property policy loophole by also putting Malaysian SPRs under the foreign quotas or another special quota system to better control the Malaysian SPR influences on property prices?

We will see the test of the JB Iskandar property stability if ever due to global economics crisis and Singapore could not keep the Malaysian SPRs gainly employed before they are able to pay off their mortgage loans. If and if Singapore govt ever stop loving the foreigner workers and start loving its own Singaporean workers more sincerely. If the property prices can be relative stable if such situation occurs, then we can blame the Singaporeans for the major cause of JB inflationary woes.

show me your data or all your paragraphs above are nothing but a rant!

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
heard that these Chinese Malaysians bought over from the bumis by paying 2- 3000rm more from their original purchase. win win for both sides. The seller made instant profit after getting their special rate house.

Perhaps foreignes are not aware of this but as a Malaysian I'd like to clarify 2 points:

1. Low cost housing is not only for bumis, I know of many non bumis who have qualififed and bought them. Income is what they look at but of course there are some who bought through loophoes as well.Obviously low cost housing is only for Malaysians. Anyone who qualifies for these can apply.

2. Its not that easy to get approval to buy a bumi unit from a bumi if you're a non bumi.Bumis can only sell bumi units to bumis. My non bumi friend recently tried to buy a bumi lot from a seller, they applied for approval and it was rejected.The bumi discount is not meant to be an easy way for bumis to make a profit. Its like the HDB flat, its supposed to be for own stay with certain conditions for resale.There are however non bumis who use their bumi friends as proxies and buy, then hope to re-sell and make a profit which they can split. In such cases, well, they are taking the risk as the property is not under their name .A bumi lot cannot be transferred to a non bumi unless the developer has obtained release( for developer sales) or the bumi seller/owner has obtained approval from the government.With developer sales, it is much easier to get approval if they can prove that they cant find a bumi buyer.

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best time everyday can I say is 3am early morning. Just wonder is it safe at this odd hour.

This is to no way to live and definitely not sustainable. Coupled with the traffic jams heading back to JB, its almost 18 hours of travel and work time daily.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did I mention "Malay"? There are two ways to become malaysian citizen in the constitution - one is parentage, the other is by way of naturalization.

Maybe your friends at JPN can investigate further why I have seen people who are patently foreign (they don't look like any of us in this region, they don't look like they speak Malay) holding Malaysian passport. Over the years, many of my friends have noticed more and more of these type of foreigners especially in KL, not surprised if they're holding Malaysian passport. You're right I cannot furnish hard facts, though. That's why I can only complain in a coffeeshop forum like this.

And btw, I speak BM well, so don't need a high ranking Chinese JPN officer to explain it to me in Mandarin.
It's a coffeeshop forum like you say. Why so shy to name names. What kind of foreigner not from this region. Ang moh? Negro? Ever heard about MY offering asylum to Bosnians, Africans. Just don't throw stone and hide your hand. I can't complain to my JPN friends like that.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
There are other options of going in and out of Malaysia, just costlier but probably doable if enough of us can band together for that transport option while waiting for RTS and another solution from the government.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Right....and we still need sleep to remain healthy.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Perhaps some but not all Msian Chinese bought through that route. Just from this forum, I can recall two who bought low cost flat and renting them out.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is to no way to live and definitely not sustainable. Coupled with the traffic jams heading back to JB, its almost 18 hours of travel and work time daily.

i think i hv never once thot of working in spore and living in jb even when there wasnt such ridiculous jams like now simply because you never know what can happen in a custom and both sides somemore. so my buying a jb property was intended solely for enjoyment. of course i also dont want to see my enjoyment property depreciate but that is secondary. i know of a neighbour who got a semi and has recently moved there now - whole family. it was before these incessant jams started. so his house in spore was rented, and everyday whole family has to enter here for school and work. i havent met him since her moved out but i guess he must be fuming about the daily jams too.

i was guessing if we can even depend on water taxis when it starts or even the rts? surely everyone would be queueing up for either the boats or trains. so you get queue and the customs too. and we talking about double. so really, work in spore stay in jb - is it tolerable?

one stupid thing i dont understand why both sides cant agree on is, why cant they resume the 'walkover' the causeway by foot! which was there before that crooked bridge was built? now you just simply cant walk over by foot using either woodlands or tuas.

I hope that 'friendly bridge' which they recently talked about can make this happen.

You know how many buses, taxis, vans and cars need not move at all!
i would be the first to walk over and hop onto a bus to senai airport.

Last edited:

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats right.

But sleep few hours n return no point.

For ppl like me not working any time can go n come n still I kena jam at times.

But for those who work real sleep is a, must.

come in from johor @ 2am, catch a few hours sleep in your house in singapore, then go to work. problem is cannot rent out the singapore property then.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's a good idea. Let me at least have the option of walking over in the event of a jam.
People can use a foldable bicycle and cycle over.
Should be pretty fast.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe Arab?

It's a coffeeshop forum like you say. Why so shy to name names. What kind of foreigner not from this region. Ang moh? Negro? Ever heard about MY offering asylum to Bosnians, Africans. Just don't throw stone and hide your hand. I can't complain to my JPN friends like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.