• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya man and despite paying only S$500 for FREEHOLD and top quality houses when the same would have cost S$3000psf, some Sporeans are still calling the buyers of Johor properties suckers. Its really funny.

isn't that like saying people are suckers for buying in malaysia at S$500psf when you can buy a top quality banglo in burkina faso for $50 psf.? it's the location.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Partial escape can.

Total escape not possible.

Newer ways r being found out to tie us down one way or another.

That's one of the reasons why most of us are looking to escape from the system by buying into Johor.
Just that hopefully it will turn out OK.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow Woodlands side got new camera locations at Custom which can zoom until Bukit Timah Hill. Impressed. Maybe they want us to be prepared of daily jams into Diary Farm side from BKE

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow Woodlands side got new camera locations at Custom which can zoom until Bukit Timah Hill. Impressed. Maybe they want us to be prepared of daily jams into Diary Farm side from BKE

Wow! So this is their brillant idea of solving the jam issue? Without spending any $$$ and also discourage people from going over?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your new signature is cool. Even 17 years old gets frustated as they understand pap better than many older Singaporeans.
NS for Singaporeans, jobs for foreigners and got to protect foreigners as well.

Yeah lor doesn't make sense at all. Something very wrong to have NS when there are so many foreigners reaping the benefits and taking away jobs. I have a friend, her son is 26 years old and still haven't started working. Really disadvantaged with NS. These 17 year old boys are so discerning and brave.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never agreed with the NS.

I admire those who hv sacrificed for the NS though.

Yeah lor doesn't make sense at all. Something very wrong to have NS when there are so many foreigners reaping the benefits and taking away jobs. I have a friend, her son is 26 years old and still haven't started working. Really disadvantaged with NS. These 17 year old boys are so discerning and brave.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal

Many have done NS and some have gone on to do well in life.
I myself have gone through NS and have pick up some life skills. Yes, it was 2 and a half years in my time and it made me start out later in life compare to my peers who are girls.
We don't have to look too far to see what a weak military/security forces can do to a country in distress. Just look at how Ukraine is breaking apart when they ran into a conflict with Russia.
I do agree that there can be more done to recognise the sacrifice being put in by the males who served time.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many have done NS and some have gone on to do well in life.
I myself have gone through NS and have pick up some life skills. Yes, it was 2 and a half years in my time and it made me start out later in life compare to my peers who are girls.
We don't have to look too far to see what a weak military/security forces can do to a country in distress. Just look at how Ukraine is breaking apart when they ran into a conflict with Russia.
I do agree that there can be more done to recognise the sacrifice being put in by the males who served time.

Fully agree. NS is a necessity, not a choice. I had suffered during NS also but I still think it's worth it. Don't forget we are a tiny island SURROUNDED by much bigger neighbours who are not exactly friendly at times.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with NS and I fully support it, until the FT came and no need to serve NS and straightaway head str to Uni and grab our jobs 2 years ahead of us. I don't blame them. I blame the govt. When you keep treating other people sons better than your own and force your own sons to spend time protecting others, your own son will turn against you.

The govt has woken up 30% since the last election. If they continue their rubbish ( of squeezing their own sons ), next election they will be booted out.

My vote is always with opposition because this wonderful country of mine has been tainted beyond help.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with NS and I fully support it, until the FT came and no need to serve NS and straightaway head str to Uni and grab our jobs 2 years ahead of us. I don't blame them. I blame the govt. When you keep treating other people sons better than your own and force your own sons to spend time protecting others, your own son will turn against you.The govt has woken up 30% since the last election. If they continue their rubbish ( of squeezing their own sons ), next election they will be booted out. My vote is always with opposition because this wonderful country of mine has been tainted beyond help.
The government had made it much more diffcult for foreigners to gain PR and citizenship which I welcome.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
This I agree but a lot ( easily half a million to 2 million ) has already gotten PR and they are here to stay.

Its abit too late now because damage has been done.

The government had made it much more diffcult for foreigners to gain PR and citizenship which I welcome.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
This I agree but a lot ( easily half a million to 2 million ) has already gotten PR and they are here to stay.

Its abit too late now because damage has been done.

It's interesting that SGns are complaining about immigrants to SGP and here we do have a lot of SGns who had emigrated to MY/Iskandar.
This movement of ppl and assets from SG to MY had caused similar problems for the local MYns too.
In a way, those from SG had brought in tremendous inflationary issues for the local MYns.

I think we should always look at issues from both sides of the same coins.

If we as SGns in MY hope to get friendly treatment from the locals in MY, we should similarly give back to those who had chosen SG for work/home.

Of course, there are exceptional bad behaviours reported in the press about FT cyclists who behaved aggressively on SG roads, or blogged insensitive remarks about SGns in SG. Similarly, if we speak to local MYns, there would also have a field day sharing about some bad behaviours from SGns in MY.

Iskandar had developed so far in such a short period as there were notable investment flows from SGns and companies from SG.

Similarly, SG had developed well economically due to similar flows from global sources.

Issues raised by SGns in SG are similarly felt by MYns in MY.

Speak to any MYns now about property affordability and I am rather sure that most would be lamenting about the steep price incease that had happened.

The world is getting smaller.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's interesting that SGns are complaining about immigrants to SGP and here we do have a lot of SGns who had emigrated to MY/Iskandar.
This movement of ppl and assets from SG to MY had caused similar problems for the local MYns too.
In a way, those from SG had brought in tremendous inflationary issues for the local MYns.

If we as SGns in MY hope to get friendly treatment from the locals in MY, we should similarly give back to those who had chosen SG for work/home.

Of course, there are exceptional bad behaviours reported in the press about FT cyclists who behaved aggressively on SG roads, or blogged insensitive remarks about SGns in SG. Similarly, if we speak to local MYns, there would also have a field day sharing about some bad behaviours from SGns in MY.

Iskandar had developed so far in such a short period as there were notable investment flows from SGns and companies from SG.

Similarly, SG had developed well economically due to similar flows from global sources.

Speak to any MYns now about property affordability and I am rather sure that most would be lamenting about the steep price incease that had happened.

I suppose Malaysians also benefited from PR policies in Singapore for a very long time too :smile: So now it is time to share some benefits.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Originally, their plan is to push to old folks die in jb, but somehow, middle age found goodies here..:o

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Malaysia, it is always very difficult to get PR status only even though you had worked there for many years. In Singapore in the past, it is very easy to get PRs and citizenship. Last time, they had housing policy which help them to accumulate wealth. E.g Siblings scheme to buy resale HDB flat. and Singaporeans is not allowed to. The policy had since being terminated.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

NS makes sense when it is a country filled with own people, but now other countries no need to waste one bullet already occupied the whole country by sending their workers to collect money home.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I can't recall any instance of Singaporeans didn't treat foreigners in Spore well. But I can recall plenty of examples of foreigners in Spore calling Singaporean names like sinkie; dog; stupid etc.

Anyway the government has shown their willingness to give the foreigners preferential treatment unheard of in other country. So much so some of these foreigners even feel entitled to complain about Spore not able to solve causeway jam for them when they move to JB to stay and work in Spore.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Malaysia, it is always very difficult to get PR status only even though you had worked there for many years. In Singapore in the past, it is very easy to get PRs and citizenship. Last time, they had housing policy which help them to accumulate wealth. E.g Siblings scheme to buy resale HDB flat. and Singaporeans is not allowed to. The policy had since being terminated.

Malaysia has done it right by making it difficult for others to get PR. It should be that way. In the whole world, only Spore government will let foreigners buy HDB using sibling scheme while forbidding Sporean from doing the same.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.