• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many have done NS and some have gone on to do well in life.
I myself have gone through NS and have pick up some life skills. Yes, it was 2 and a half years in my time and it made me start out later in life compare to my peers who are girls.
We don't have to look too far to see what a weak military/security forces can do to a country in distress. Just look at how Ukraine is breaking apart when they ran into a conflict with Russia.
I do agree that there can be more done to recognise the sacrifice being put in by the males who served time.

I would love serving NS as a white horse or a research scientist and knowing a cushy job waiting for me after ROD.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was at the Land Office recently and overheard a customer enquiring how much his mother owed the state...astonished to hear that she owe and never pay since 1971 (a number of years before i was born haha). If in sinkieland sure land/house kenna repossesed and the family is made to live at East Coast (beach that is)..take hats off for being a caring govt (d msian one that is :smile:)

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia has done it right by making it difficult for others to get PR. It should be that way. In the whole world, only Spore government will let foreigners buy HDB using sibling scheme while forbidding Sporean from doing the same.

True, but there's also other kinds of funny goings in certain parts of the country where certain people are given citizenship at the drop of a hat, as was shockingly disclosed to a royal commission of inquiry last year looking into the influx of illegal muslim filipinos into Sabah which has created a lot of problems. These people were accorded citizenship on condition they cast their vote in a certain manner.

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's interesting that SGns are complaining about immigrants to SGP and here we do have a lot of SGns who had emigrated to MY/Iskandar.
This movement of ppl and assets from SG to MY had caused similar problems for the local MYns too.
In a way, those from SG had brought in tremendous inflationary issues for the local MYns.

I think we should always look at issues from both sides of the same coins.

If we as SGns in MY hope to get friendly treatment from the locals in MY, we should similarly give back to those who had chosen SG for work/home.
……..

This requires serious pondering. Is Singaporeans the real culprit in causing JB current inflationary issues? Yes, if you say thanks to the Singapore govt for giving hundreds of thousands Malaysians a high paying jobs so that they can take advantage of their home country ground to invest and speculate in JB properties and to afford to splurge on their house renovations, dine at Peking restaurant in Sutera.

Have we ever wonder what is the percentage of those who are buying properties in Iskandar areas are actually Singaporeans? Have you ever wonder how many of the active forummers in this forum are Singaporeans? I bet a large percentage of them are actually Malaysian SPRs working in Singapore.

Logic tells us that most of the landed properties has a maximum of 20% foreign quotas and for high rise is 50% foreign quotas. Do u actually believe that Singaporeans are filling up these quotas to the maximum limits of 20% and 50% with no other numbers from other well-oiled foreigners? Who is buying up the balance of 80% of landed house and 50% of high rise apartments? Aren't only Malaysians qualified to do that? Or the balance are left unsolded by developers? Cannot be, right? If the Malaysian locals aren't rich enough to buy up the balance, who else can?

Everytime we thought Malaysians locals salary are too low-paying to afford such high price housing in Iskandar that we forget that there are hundreds of thousand Malaysians working in Singapore with pay that are at least doubled if not tripled that of their peers working in Malaysia. And mind you not all housing projects have their foreign quotas filled up quickly; there are projects still waiting for their foreign quotas to be filled.

When we see the restaurant/cafe, shopping malls in JB are so busy during weekends while almost empty on weekdays, we say it is because of the Singaporeans crowd on weekend? Is it really so? I am not totally convinced by it. Could it not be that during the weekdays the restaurants/cafes and shopping malls are empty because the the hundreds of thousand Malaysian SPRs are busying working in Singapore and only have the time to splurge during weekends in JB?

So do most still want to believe that Singaporeans is the the MAJOR CAUSE of JB inflationary woes?

Malaysian SPRs works happily in Singapore earning extraordinary higher pay than their peers working in Malaysia and buy up houses eagerly in JB. Definitely they are not complaining about the high inflation in JB if not they are hitting at their own toes. While Singaporeans work miserly in Singapore due to high competition pressures from foreigners and was forced to buy up homes in JB due to affordability issues back in their own country. Who is in a heavenly position? Do u love to be a Malaysian SPR or Singaporean?

Who should the the Malaysian locals rightly blame for their inflationary woes, the Malaysian SPRs or the Singaporeans? Or their govt for not closing the property policy loophole by also putting Malaysian SPRs under the foreign quotas or another special quota system to better control the Malaysian SPR influences on property prices?

We will see the test of the JB Iskandar property stability if ever due to global economics crisis and Singapore could not keep the Malaysian SPRs gainly employed before they are able to pay off their mortgage loans. If and if Singapore govt ever stop loving the foreigner workers and start loving its own Singaporean workers more sincerely. If the property prices can be relative stable if such situation occurs, then we can blame the Singaporeans for the major cause of JB inflationary woes.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
True, but there's also other kinds of funny goings in certain parts of the country where certain people are given citizenship at the drop of a hat, as was shockingly disclosed to a royal commission of inquiry last year looking into the influx of illegal muslim filipinos into Sabah which has created a lot of problems. These people were accorded citizenship on condition they cast their vote in a certain manner.

if one is a certain type of foreigner, you are very welcome in malaysia, can easily get citizen or PR. i shall say no more.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was at the Land Office recently and overheard a customer enquiring how much his mother owed the state...astonished to hear that she owe and never pay since 1971 (a number of years before i was born haha). If in sinkieland sure land/house kenna repossesed and the family is made to live at East Coast (beach that is)..take hats off for being a caring govt (d msian one that is :smile:)

a govt who is lackadaisical in collecting taxes is a caring government? or rather, put it another way, if one is a certain type of person in malaysia, govt will not bother much to collect tax from you. but if you're not this certain type, good luck not paying your taxes!
govt will also give you easy cash, there are investment guaranteed scheme for this certain type of citizen, 7-8% guaranteed. can also borrow from govt 3-4% only. can make money for this certain type? loan 4%, invest back 8%. but not for me lah. even though I am holding m'sian passport my whole life, can i participate in this easy money scheme? cannot. they say I am not qualified. because I'm not this certain type of person.
malaysian govt good?

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dammit. Yesterday at 11 pm still jam.

Now Singapore is creating the bottleneck. Johor on the other hand is starting to be very much more efficient. What's happening?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Now Singapore is creating the bottleneck. Johor on the other hand is starting to be very much more efficient. What's happening?

Don't you get the hint from SG government? :p Stay in SG to pay the taxes if you want to earn SGD! :biggrin:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
This requires serious pondering. Is Singaporeans the real culprit in causing JB current inflationary issues? Yes, if you say thanks to the Singapore govt for giving hundreds of thousands Malaysians a high paying jobs so that they can take advantage of their home country ground to invest and speculate in JB properties and to afford to splurge on their house renovations, dine at Peking restaurant in Sutera.

Have we ever wonder what is the percentage of those who are buying properties in Iskandar areas are actually Singaporeans? Have you ever wonder how many of the active forummers in this forum are Singaporeans? I bet a large percentage of them are actually Malaysian SPRs working in Singapore.

Logic tells us that most of the landed properties has a maximum of 20% foreign quotas and for high rise is 50% foreign quotas. Do u actually believe that Singaporeans are filling up these quotas to the maximum limits of 20% and 50% with no other numbers from other well-oiled foreigners? Who is buying up the balance of 80% of landed house and 50% of high rise apartments? Aren't only Malaysians qualified to do that? Or the balance are left unsolded by developers? Cannot be, right? If the Malaysian locals aren't rich enough to buy up the balance, who else can?

Everytime we thought Malaysians locals salary are too low-paying to afford such high price housing in Iskandar that we forget that there are hundreds of thousand Malaysians working in Singapore with pay that are at least doubled if not tripled that of their peers working in Malaysia. And mind you not all housing projects have their foreign quotas filled up quickly; there are projects still waiting for their foreign quotas to be filled.

When we see the restaurant/cafe, shopping malls in JB are so busy during weekends while almost empty on weekdays, we say it is because of the Singaporeans crowd on weekend? Is it really so? I am not totally convinced by it. Could it not be that during the weekdays the restaurants/cafes and shopping malls are empty because the the hundreds of thousand Malaysian SPRs are busying working in Singapore and only have the time to splurge during weekends in JB?

So do most still want to believe that Singaporeans is the the MAJOR CAUSE of JB inflationary woes?

Malaysian SPRs works happily in Singapore earning extraordinary higher pay than their peers working in Malaysia and buy up houses eagerly in JB. Definitely they are not complaining about the high inflation in JB if not they are hitting at their own toes. While Singaporeans work miserly in Singapore due to high competition pressures from foreigners and was forced to buy up homes in JB due to affordability issues back in their own country. Who is in a heavenly position? Do u love to be a Malaysian SPR or Singaporean?

Who should the the Malaysian locals rightly blame for their inflationary woes, the Malaysian SPRs or the Singaporeans? Or their govt for not closing the property policy loophole by also putting Malaysian SPRs under the foreign quotas or another special quota system to better control the Malaysian SPR influences on property prices?

We will see the test of the JB Iskandar property stability if ever due to global economics crisis and Singapore could not keep the Malaysian SPRs gainly employed before they are able to pay off their mortgage loans. If and if Singapore govt ever stop loving the foreigner workers and start loving its own Singaporean workers more sincerely. If the property prices can be relative stable if such situation occurs, then we can blame the Singaporeans for the major cause of JB inflationary woes.

Well said ... KNN everything blame Singaporean . They mean we invested millions of dollar in JB did not contribute anything to help the economy or create jobs for locals . We did not take away a single jobs for JB OK . Singaporean sibeh pitiful , here in JB , people said we cause inflation , back in SG our dear gov also takan us .

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must have missed the hints. Didn't realise that Singapore Govt so devious.

The GLCs need you to buy their stuffs and pay for their services. Unfortunately it works on me, as I couldn't take the jam anymore. My time and energy are far too precious to be stuck in the jam every weekend. Iskandar is becoming a victim of its own success. Let's wait for RTS.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said ... KNN everything blame Singaporean . They mean we invested millions of dollar in JB did not contribute anything to help the economy or create jobs for locals . We did not take away a single jobs for JB OK . Singaporean sibeh pitiful , here in JB , people said we cause inflation , back in SG our dear gov also takan us .

Haha that is so true, no thank you never mind but push all blame to Singaporean.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
a govt who is lackadaisical in collecting taxes is a caring government? or rather, put it another way, if one is a certain type of person in malaysia, govt will not bother much to collect tax from you. but if you're not this certain type, good luck not paying your taxes!
govt will also give you easy cash, there are investment guaranteed scheme for this certain type of citizen, 7-8% guaranteed. can also borrow from govt 3-4% only. can make money for this certain type? loan 4%, invest back 8%. but not for me lah. even though I am holding m'sian passport my whole life, can i participate in this easy money scheme? cannot. they say I am not qualified. because I'm not this certain type of person.
malaysian govt good?

Not sure about Msia govt chasing of taxes from certain race only. But I have come across one Msian Chinese before who told me he didn't repay his student loan given by the Msia govt for his higher education and they also never chased him all these years. So at least for student loans, I know they didn't chase for all races, not just specific race only.

Just thought of sharing about this. Often I heard from local JB Chinese about not entitled to low cost flats. However, when I read the Msia chinese papers about a JB low cost flats taman residents complaining about dust from nearby construction site, the published photo in the newspaper showed many Chinese residents and in the story at least four Chinese families being interviewed. Recently I went to visit a condo showflat in Larkin and there are flats nearby and one Msian Chinese sales superivisor told me many Chinese stayed there. According to her, often local people said no Chinese entitled for these flats but actually it is not true, one of her relatives stayed there too.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
This morning drove to jb 1045am spore side no jam. Malaysia side jam all the way to Spore.

while returning came by Tuas at 4pm... both points, no jam.

But an hour later at Tuas , spore heavy jam entering spore.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal

The best time everyday can I say is 3am early morning. Just wonder is it safe at this odd hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.