• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Book a yacht from puteri harbour and go fishing. Try asking them to arrange lunch at a kelong in Pontian (although I haven't tried yet). Just an idea only.

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal
This week is most terrible. I suppose the exams have ended for most schools and from this week till 1st July the terrible jams are here to stay

But frankly speaking, if there are no jams and no cars entering JB, I will be worrying.

That is fine. 20 years ago, Singapore didn't have to view poor results as better than pitiful results. They viewed good results as a stepping stone to better results.

They didn't create an airport that was less bad than some of the worst places. They didn't accept the excuses other governments made about their lousy airports. They didn't accept the excuses about how airports had to miserable and you should feel lucky if it was less miserable than other places. Singapore carried this attitude to nearly everything that was being done.

Managing a vehicle border is not something that should be challenging for Singapore. If the government isn't extremely embarrassed about their performance that is a very bad sign, I think. If they accept the performance for the last year that is accepting much less than should be expected from a government that had expected great results.

Yes, as you say, you can imagine worse scenarios. But Singapore didn't used to have to think of ways things could be worse to justify their performance. They were not even willing to accept being as good as others. They saw how they could improve on the best being done elsewhere and were not satisfied with anything less. It is hard to tell if that is still their aim (I am sure it is for individuals but whether the government as a whole is making that a priority it isn't easy to tell).

If an organization has such an aim the performance on the 1st and 2nd link for the last year is unacceptable and for the last few months is intolerable. But maybe the aim is just to be no worse than the average place would be able to manage it. If so, maybe the performance the last year is what should be expected from now on.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Booking yacht is no issue but slightly expensive. They cancelled the fireflies trip already but you can still go elsewhere (Kota Tinggi)
The MY Peyser at Puteri Harbour is available but about 10k per day for fishing, etc inclusive of captain/crew (food and drinks not including,
no issues with alcohol being brought on board). Comfortable enough to sit up to 20 pax with lounge area and berths with head.

You can consider going to shooting range at Kota Tinggi, watching fire flies or horse riding

AMIGOS HORSE RIDING
ADDRESS:
Amigos Horse Riding (M) Sdn. Bhd.
Tanjong Puteri Golf Resort,
P.O. Box 117,
81707 Pasir Gudang,
Johor, MALAYSIA

Phone: +6012-7966 806 (Mr. Mousouloo)
E-mail: [email protected] or [email protected]

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is fine. 20 years ago, Singapore didn't have to view poor results as better than pitiful results. They viewed good results as a stepping stone to better results.

They didn't create an airport that was less bad than some of the worst places. They didn't accept the excuses other governments made about their lousy airports. They didn't accept the excuses about how airports had to miserable and you should feel lucky if it was less miserable than other places. Singapore carried this attitude to nearly everything that was being done.

Managing a vehicle border is not something that should be challenging for Singapore. If the government isn't extremely embarrassed about their performance that is a very bad sign, I think. If they accept the performance for the last year that is accepting much less than should be expected from a government that had expected great results.

Yes, as you say, you can imagine worse scenarios. But Singapore didn't used to have to think of ways things could be worse to justify their performance. They were not even willing to accept being as good as others. They saw how they could improve on the best being done elsewhere and were not satisfied with anything less. It is hard to tell if that is still their aim (I am sure it is for individuals but whether the government as a whole is making that a priority it isn't easy to tell).

If an organization has such an aim the performance on the 1st and 2nd link for the last year is unacceptable and for the last few months is intolerable. But maybe the aim is just to be no worse than the average place would be able to manage it. If so, maybe the performance the last year is what should be expected from now on.

Why the focus on Singapore? Are the jams at Spore side only?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Majority of the time. The Malaysia side just use the "space bar" on their keyboard to clear the border.

Love your new signature by the way. Hats off for the brave teens. Big up for free speech!

I think the JB property price will increase triplefold if there is no jam. However, Singapore has no obligation to foreigners working in Spore and living in JB to ensure their transport into Spore is hassle free. If there is no jam, it is a bonus, if not it is a price to be paid for reaping the benefits of working in Spore and living in JB.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well written. Enjoyed reading it.

I agree that the Spore govt is capable of changing The game any time.

Guess they dun hv a candy to entice them.

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the JB property price will increase triplefold if there is no jam. However, Singapore has no obligation to foreigners working in Spore and living in JB to ensure their transport into Spore is hassle free. If there is no jam, it is a bonus, if not it is a price to be paid for reaping the benefits of working in Spore and living in JB.

True and agreed. Stop moaning and carry on.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yea dude I took EDL-CIQ.

Had quite a relaxing weekend in JB.

BTW, the EDL is so bumpy as you enter from N S highway.

Feel like mini roller coaster

maybe i unlucky. i was stuck 1 hours plus plus from 1245HRS-1400++HRS at the jb side alone. U took jb CIQ (1st link)? from EDL?

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone use Waze to assess the traffic situation at the Causeway?
It's quite effective to gauge your timing in and out of Johor.
It's a must have for me.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why the focus on Singapore? Are the jams at Spore side only?

Your new signature is cool. Even 17 years old gets frustated as they understand pap better than many older Singaporeans.
NS for Singaporeans, jobs for foreigners and got to protect foreigners as well.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's one of the reasons why most of us are looking to escape from the system by buying into Johor.
Just that hopefully it will turn out OK.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya man and despite paying only S$500 for FREEHOLD and top quality houses when the same would have cost S$3000psf, some Sporeans are still calling the buyers of Johor properties suckers. Its really funny.

That's one of the reasons why most of us are looking to escape from the system by buying into Johor.
Just that hopefully it will turn out OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.