• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm. Didn't hear about this project so maybe not too much interest?

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/...ive-reclamation-development-for-luxury-homes/

image.jpg

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this goes thru, all of us who are vested in Nusajaya will be Screwed. Everyone will go to Forest City as it has everything and it is just "next door" to Singapore Jurong. I am sure the sultan already know the HSR is gona bring in Malaysians from the north to Nusajaya and in particular, Sunway/PTP side.

We should not treat the Johor developments as a zero-sum game, like what some forumers have done. A rising tide lifts all boats. If Forest City goes through, it will be yet another development that adds variety to Johor living.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
But the Country Garden "Forest City" was never a confirmed project but they are trying VERY VERY hard to pitch it. Billions of dollars will be involved and this will be a mega project. If this goes thru, all of us who are vested in Nusajaya will be Screwed. Everyone will go to Forest City as it has everything and it is just "next door" to Singapore Jurong. I am sure the sultan already know the HSR is gona bring in Malaysians from the north to Nusajaya and in particular, Sunway/PTP side.

It has some dependencies yes but it should be proceeding as planned and yes it is a mega 50 year project.
I wouldn't see it that way though as there are big plans from the different countries involved.

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has some dependencies yes but it should be proceeding as planned and yes it is a mega 50 year project.
I wouldn't see it that way though as there are big plans from the different countries involved.

15-20 years should be sufficient. Phase by phase. China development can do everything under the sun. To them this is just a small project - " sup sup sui ". Nothing is impossible. Look aat CG danga bay...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
15-20 years should be sufficient. Phase by phase. China development can do everything under the sun. To them this is just a small project - " sup sup sui ". Nothing is impossible. Look aat CG danga bay...

Some of my associates and myself were invited and we heard it straight from their management, it is actually not the length of construction but their proposed scale and size of the project that may span up to 50 years to fully realise. Also, some changes coming to the CG staffing in Johor, i should not comment more.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. 430am reach Malaysia Tuas checkpoint is the safest. You reach at 5am esp on a Monday I say GOOD LUCK to you cos I encountered once.

I really donno whats wrong with Tuas traffic now. 630pm I check and coming back to Singapore the jam stretches till the end of the camera screen. Leaving Singapore is worse.. I had to open another camera which is somewhere near roundabout and its 100% jam!

For the past weeks it has been like that.. Jam start from roundabout area all the way into Tuas.. at least a few km.

Fully agree. Now,must reach by 430...?

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. No wonder some of my neighbours leave by 4am.

Yes. 430am reach Malaysia Tuas checkpoint is the safest. You reach at 5am esp on a Monday I say GOOD LUCK to you cos I encountered once.

I really donno whats wrong with Tuas traffic now. 630pm I check and coming back to Singapore the jam stretches till the end of the camera screen. Leaving Singapore is worse.. I had to open another camera which is somewhere near roundabout and its 100% jam!

For the past weeks it has been like that.. Jam start from roundabout area all the way into Tuas.. at least a few km.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
This week is most terrible. I suppose the exams have ended for most schools and from this week till 1st July the terrible jams are here to stay

But frankly speaking, if there are no jams and no cars entering JB, I will be worrying.

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm planning to organize a birthday party for my teenage son in JB this year..
Any nice & happening place to recommend for about 8-10 kids with their parents?
Eg. Pte bowling alley including food, etc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.