• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
TODAY'S news....
By 2020, 11,000 more beds will be added in acute hospitals, community hospitals and nursing homes, “and these new facilities will serve to meet the demand for healthcare services”, Mr Gan added

Yeah 1100 beds out of the 11000 come from the Jurong acute and community hospital to be ready this year...our millionaire ministers really smart, after much delay - took 15 years since year 2001 or earlier to build the Jurong hospital - they got the cheek to include the 1100 as part of the year 2020 announcement...

Last edited:

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha ur right....

n they will probably repeat this information dunno how many times more.

we are all supposed to b done.

Yeah 1100 beds out of the 11000 come from the Jurong acute and community hospital to be ready this year...our millionaire ministers really smart, after much delay - took 15 years since year 2001 or earlier to build the Jurong hospital - they got the cheek to include the 1100 as part of the year 2020 announcement...

29ers

Alfrescian
Loyal
We all end up at the same destination.

Quote " Nothing is certain but Death and Taxes"

I agree with the view that there is no need to debate SG vs MY system.

We may or may not lead our intended destination.

then again a destination for one is not a destination for another.

And who ever said one must Attain all these riches or reach an intended goal?

Nice post 29ers

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
So today I woke up @ 445am, left home at 505, was at MY customs at 520pm.

Huge jam.

Kids reached school @ 735am.

Kena DEMERIT POINTS.

Its easy to say this. On paper its a fairytale come true. Pay Spore price for HDB and stay in a landed house with free parking. The daily commute, very few can really tahan unless your family members are staying in JB all these while and you have no relatives or friends in Singapore. I tried that for a while but now is staying in Singapore happily looking @ the rise of my investments.

Last time my kids used to wake up 430am and leave home by 530am and reach school almost 7am. Don't dare to wake up later cos we need buffer for jams.

But now since the school is a 5 minute walk, I realize they can wake up 6am plus and I don't have to stress myself out for the long commute. I saved on petrol and time and the leisurely walk to schools with my kids are priceless. My friends prefer to commute daily as he said the time spent in the jams are "family time" but for me, my kids will be snoring soundly in the car. I don't think that's a reasonable family time do you?

I still go JB on weekends to enjoy though, just that daily commute has taken a toll on me.

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Huge jam.

Kena DEMERIT POINTS.

Is it worth it? Perhaps a new solution need to be done here. Either relocate them to international school in JB or all move back to Singapore.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it worth it? Perhaps a new solution need to be done here. Either relocate them to international school in JB or all move back to Singapore.

According to my crystal ball, the jams will get worse. Now almost 10pm and 2nd link is still congested.

bis4zb.jpg

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surely not worth it JBho.

Y should Kids suffer coz of my choices?

Maybe I hv to reach JB customs by 5am coz so unpredictable already.

All this broken/shortened sleep for kids no good in the long run.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes I believe they will get worse.

I'm worried for those who sold their sg ppty to 100% relocate to MY

I thought I heard some news that there will be 70 more counters at the causeway by 2016 ?

We need a 3rd link or some better mass transport system.
A underground tunnel with joined ICQ connecting into after Woodlands will be great.
:cool:

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yea... The third link they are planning is leading to an empty place as of now.

its value to us is nothing.

to reduce d jam n mk it seamless strong political will is a must on both sides.

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

Huge jam.

Kena DEMERIT POINTS.

Waking up anytime after 4am is a big NO-NO if u wanna be sure of 100% on time when you got kids studying in SG schools. Before I move back to Singapore, I was waking up 330am and out of the house 430am. Normal days its best to reach 6am as they need to start school 715am. The time from 6am-715am is always my buffer so that if the custom suddenly got massive jams coming into Singapore ( which is much more regular than MRT breakdowns ), you got extra time to play with. When I see my kids sleeping like piggies and waking up 4am daily, my heart grew soft even when they seem to be enjoying life during weekends.

Friend, weekday is only 2 days of a week. The actually work or study days is 5 out of 7. You decide. Now Friday late noon I leave spore to enjoy life though and is still enjoying. Saves on tolls and petrol daily which amount to about RM 1000+ a month.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been hearing about how our "world class" Immigration wants to "expand" or "upgrade" the custom since 1990s. In fact the more they say the worse the jams are.

Last Saturday night 3am I was hoping custom no jam so I drove over wanting to car wash. JAMMED for 30 minutes. Cleared Spore custom and in causeway only at 4am.
But when I see the other side entering Singapore at 4am, I consoled myself. The jam was all the way till Malaysia custom.

4am on weekends.

:smile:

I thought I heard some news that there will be 70 more counters at the causeway by 2016 ?

We need a 3rd link or some better mass transport system.
A underground tunnel with joined ICQ connecting into after Woodlands will be great.
:cool:

Confused

Alfrescian
Loyal
Instead of driving to Singapore in the morning, how about taking the train from JB Central to Singapore? From woodlands take MRT and bus to work. Enrol kids in schools in Woodlands. Do you think this is workable?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been hearing about how our "world class" Immigration wants to "expand" or "upgrade" the custom since 1990s. In fact the more they say the worse the jams are.

Last Saturday night 3am I was hoping custom no jam so I drove over wanting to car wash. JAMMED for 30 minutes. Cleared Spore custom and in causeway only at 4am.
But when I see the other side entering Singapore at 4am, I consoled myself. The jam was all the way till Malaysia custom.

4am on weekends.

:smile:

Just a note of caution: school holidays are starting soon! :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.