• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenchua

Alfrescian
Loyal
Property cooling measures affecting entire Malaysia.
Effective 1 May 2014, foreigners can only purchase properties above RM1 million* in Malaysia.However, projects that had already received its development order (DO) approval will be exempted. This means foreigners can still buy below the minimum purchase price for projects that have already been launched even after 1 May 2014.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Was at coastal highway driving back yesterday, saw a Malay lady with a motorcycle helmet, young son in tow walking on the road shoulder. Was very tired after a long day and rushing back to do some work at home.
When i was passing by, i saw her son and i felt sad. Decided to stop and i turned on my hazard lights, pulled to the shoulder and then slowly reversed. When i asked her if she needed a ride home, she said she had a puncture
on her motorcycle and an address i could not understand in Malay.

I asked if she wanted to go towards Skudai, she nodded her head and then climbed in. As soon as she got into the car, she started saying her husband is a police man, shortly after her phone rang and she said presumably to her husband that she is in a Chinese man's car and heading towards Skudai. She then asked for me to drop her off at the nearest bus stop, i was shocked that she intended to walk so far (20 mins by car) to that bus stop. I informed her that i am actually from Singapore, hence did not understand where she wanted to go and and had to stick to English.

I detoured from my home route to get to her bus stop but finally we got there, she thanked me and informed me she works as a nurse in the Sultanah Aminah hospital and even asked her son to thank me. Thinking back, it could have been a dangerous encounter for either one of us, she was the far braver one for accepting the ride. I would still do the same though as i cannot bear the thought of a mother walking with her son on the highway so late at night. Since young, my mother has always taught me kindness cuts across all borders and colours as we have received our fair share from others, now more than ever i find that she was right.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was at coastal highway driving back yesterday, saw a Malay lady with a motorcycle helmet, young son in tow walking on the road shoulder. Was very tired after a long day and rushing back to do some work at home.
When i was passing by, i saw her son and i felt sad. Decided to stop and i turned on my hazard lights, pulled to the shoulder and then slowly reversed. When i asked her if she needed a ride home, she said she had a puncture

I asked if she wanted to go towards Skudai, she nodded her head and then climbed in. As soon as she got into the car, she started saying her husband is a police man, shortly after her phone rang and she said presumably to her husband that she is in a Chinese man's car and heading towards Skudai. She then asked for me to drop her off at the nearest bus stop, i was shocked that she intended to walk so far (20 mins by car) to that bus stop. I informed her that i am actually from Singapore, hence did not understand where she wanted to go and and had to stick to English.

I detoured from my home route to get to her bus stop but finally we got there, she thanked me and informed me she works as a nurse in the Sultanah Aminah hospital and even asked her son to thank me. Thinking back, it could have been a dangerous encounter for either one of us, she was the far braver one for accepting the ride. I would still do the same though as i cannot bear the thought of a mother walking with her son on the highway so late at night. Since young, my mother has always taught me kindness cuts across all borders and colours as we have received our fair share from others, now more than ever i find that she was right.

Good job bro !

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The past has passed and gone by, just have to keep looking forward in life.

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well done..... ( let it never be said that you do not walk the talk )

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just got a call from Ambank Malaysia that I need to authorise a transaction fpr RM3200 at KLIA but I am here in Singapore working my butt off. Kena fraud case liao. Have to call Bank Negara to report. Shucks. And I don't even hold any MY credit card, not even with my loan bank.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Good effort done tere, wuji! U did the right thing by telling her ur a Chinese fm SINGAPORE.

Most Malays are ok in Msia. Is the politician tat love to play racial cards to their advantage.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

Great job! Inspiring! We need to hear more stories like this :smile:

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
TQ for sharing! The world will be a better place to live in if we have more kind hearted people like you around!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Published: Thursday February 13, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Thursday February 13, 2014 MYT 7:00:27 AM

Total vehicle sales in M'sia set to soar

"PETALING JAYA: Total vehicle sales in January is expected to surpass the 55,066 units registered last year, mainly due to improved market clarity and aggressive sales promotions by car companies, industry experts said

.....forecast total vehicle sales to grow 2.2% to hit a new high of 670,000 units this year."

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/...surpass-the-55066-units-registered-last-year/

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
What i have done was nothing compared to what some of these guys did in this social experiment. Bless their hearts.

[video=youtube;7VBys14HaZI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VBys14HaZI#t=518[/video]

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
just for fun .....

valentine.jpg

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just got a call from Ambank Malaysia that I need to authorise a transaction fpr RM3200 at KLIA but I am here in Singapore working my butt off. Kena fraud case liao. Have to call Bank Negara to report. Shucks. And I don't even hold any MY credit card, not even with my loan bank.

Hey Frodo

Dont quite understand . what kind of transaction is that ? u have acct in ambank ?

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wiseman, thank you.

I tried it. I stayed to the right. I did not cheong. lol.

And I avoided it.

Thank you .

You are talking about the 2-3 potholes on the car lane. Best to drive to the right of it rather than try to drive over it between your wheels as it means you have to get into the bike lane a little, not so safe for bikes.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Something interesting last night.

I saw the SCDF equivalent near Impian Emas the factory side.

After a while they left.

on my way back at the same spot huge fire. like forest fire/fireworks caused??? I dunno.

Same spot.

No scdf.....!!!!!

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
This morning on my drive back from Pasar Tani Larkin, I noticed lots of dry jungles.

a ciggiee butt should be able to kick start a huge fire work?

Status
Not open for further replies.