• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today's ST reported that Teo Chee Hean said Woodlands Checkpoint's car counters will be expanded to 70 counters (up from 40 now). The additional 30 car counters will be deployed at Old Woodlands Checkpoint by 2016 operationally. Gd news for long suffering Singaporeans and Malaysians alike!

I am assuming (hoping) that the 30 car counters will operate in dual-ways, i.e. to serve (JB to SG) in the morning, and to serve (SG to JB) in evening time.....

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
provided they open ALL counters during peak hours .....

Actually at Woodlands Checkpoint, I realise that they do open 90% of counters now during peak hours. Those counters not opened could be due to MC etc... MY side is different, but of cos they clear faster also... Tuas checkpoint still jialat on the no. of open counters though....

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good news. Thx.
Today's ST reported that Teo Chee Hean said Woodlands Checkpoint's car counters will be expanded to 70 counters (up from 40 now). The additional 30 car counters will be deployed at Old Woodlands Checkpoint by 2016 operationally. Gd news for long suffering Singaporeans and Malaysians alike!

I am assuming (hoping) that the 30 car counters will operate in dual-ways, i.e. to serve (JB to SG) in the morning, and to serve (SG to JB) in evening time.....

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sounds like a reaction to the incident of a teacher crossing the borders without passport. The staff at both immigration counters are overworked. There is a need to spread the load. With 70 counters, it is about 75% higher than current capacity. My first choice will be first link in 2016. This is very good news for those bought near first link :biggrin:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

but in a serial processing line with N stations, the maximum processing speed of the whole line is dependant on the slowest station. Hence, the jam will be at MY CIQ.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why it needs 2yrs to set up 30 counters ? I belives they will takes 2 week if set up 30 ERPs gantries

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why it needs 2yrs to set up 30 counters ? I belives they will takes 2 week if set up 30 ERPs gantries

You need time to call for tenders to propose new design, build it and pilot trial. There is also need to put up request for funding to justify additional cost of building and hiring staff. 2 years is a fair time.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
You need time to call for tenders to propose new design, build it and pilot trial. There is also need to put up request for funding to justify additional cost of building and hiring staff. 2 years is a fair time.

And I bet with you , after 2yrs when the 30 counters completed , the jam get longer ! Reasons is they never expect more and more people using the causeway in 2yrs time ! And worst half the time only 10 counters is operating and roads too narrows for too many cars .. etc And I hope they dont use those Insert cash card machine , that is using AIM sampan 2.0 software !

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I half suspect the 30 car counters may be already there liao. If you travel from JB to SG on weekends, sometimes the customs officer will direct you to the Old Woodlands Checkpoint, where there are some car counters already installed.

But I never count if got 30 or not lah. Or maybe they are just reusing those old counters, with plans to install newer ones......haha

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I half suspect the 30 car counters may be already there liao. If you travel from JB to SG on weekends, sometimes the customs officer will direct you to the Old Woodlands Checkpoint, where there are some car counters already installed.

But I never count if got 30 or not lah. Or maybe they are just reusing those old counters, with plans to install newer ones......haha

I tot SG side will never upgrade e counters at 1st link. Now waiting for MY side to reciprocate. Pleasant surprise. Thanks to e teacher :p

Status
Not open for further replies.