• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is Desa Tebrau hit by flood as well?

should be somehow affected

Flood.jpg

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
New Sar might coming back with H7N9. Property price drop 50% or more during last Sar. Keep yr cash flow to avoid bank size yr peoperty.... Pls comment

First with talks of politics, then talk of a suspected break in with no evidence or record, now fear of SARs, anything more?
Thank you for your efforts, can see your new persona trying so hard.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I am sick so unable to give y early reply. A Sg resident fr H/H semi-d weekend home being rob during absent and sold it last yr. He drive old M'sia car, worker's dress, Johor fty owner.
He suspect security guard who lead the robber in as he do cover up nicely. No record found by H/H developer. East Ledang still the best but with high tension wire which affect health.

I hope you feel better. I have checked in with the guards, no such cases was reported and i know one of them personally. Rob in absence or burgled in absence? Can you confirm which road this was at all?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
New Sar might coming back with H7N9. Property price drop 50% or more during last Sar. Keep yr cash flow to avoid bank size yr peoperty.... Pls comment

Sure die, don't buy. :wink: This is exactly like what is in the other threads for migration.

Pretend to be already there and then try to dissuade subtly by highlighting every possible issue and highlighting them under the guise of concern/discussion.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ur wife is a power woman despite the lost of 2, she is brave enough to go thru for the other 2.
Many successful man forgot how their spouse suffer with them in the past. When they make it in life, they got many gfs. It is hurtful yet he can do it to the woman who been thru up and down with them.

Thank you, i understand and sorry for your loss. This is very true.
You are right, she suffered with me in the early years back then.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi, I really have no idea about the law firm name because I did not write it down, except to know that they are from RHB bank. The "bankers" were Malay and spoke ok English.

Wuqi, maybe you can try to filter out some irrelevant posts from certain parties who are playing down our incidents? I seriously find nothing wrong in posting about a purported entry from " bankers" and I wonder how some parties can kick up a big hoo haa over this? Not as if I am being robbed in Horizon Hills. So far I have not heard about robberies in HH and I live here in peace. However I am just afraid that those robbers from Nusa Idaman may spill over to HH

Sure, appreciate if you could please give me the exact time and date of the call, i will have this checked out and highlighted to the management committee.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi, I really have no idea about the law firm name because I did not write it down, except to know that they are from RHB bank. The "bankers" were Malay and spoke ok English.

This is the main law firm appointed by RHB in Perak.
It is on the bank's panel.

Please help to specify the time and date.

Ong-Hanim & Badrul Mr. Ong TengBoon
Hajjah Siti Khairatul Hanim
Hj. Badrul Hishah Abdul Wahap
No. 76B, Persiaran Greentown 1,
GreentownBusiness Centre,
30450 Ipoh, Perak.
Tel: 05-241 2118 Fax: 05-254 6118

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hey Wuqi, this part sounds familiar, but for father-in-law's case, it was 'chicken' and the rest is history... and he was also looked down upon by some relatives, and when he wanted to etch out on his own, these people mentioned words like - within 3 mths your biz will close down, or something to that tune.
But I think the person who mentioned these words may have forgotten what he had said but the person hearing it really pierced his heart; this made my FIL even more eager to succeed against all odds, and he indeed he did. Infact, if you look at it from another angle, all these help to carve out a person with a stronger character, and become a more understanding person.

You have come this far, treasure it. You have a big heart! All good things will fall into place!

This is bad, crab bucket mentality, unhappiness over seeing others have a better life or to strive hard for their future.
If they cannot have it/achieve it, no one else can. Glad to see in the end he really made it. Someone close to me said
the same things back then, even dissuading me from buying houses here, now she is buying more than most of us.

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, I think best you offload your pty to me at 30% lower than the last transacted price.. the balance of 20% or more, I will absorb for you when price drop 50% or more later..

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi it happened yesterday 2-4pm. I seriously dont understand why a JB transaction in the first place would end up in the hands of a Perak law firm

Thank you for the information, likely if this was indeed legit, then it may have been a case of mistaken address of the property. Could be as some may have chosen to use their lawyers in their home state.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Really frustrated by an agent i used again recently, despite giving him multiple chances over the years to buy property, lease etc through them. Really felt let down, they insisted on using their law firms which basically was the same one who played me out when i first bought it. The lawyer left the original firm, taking his staff as well and leaving the law firm on its own. It took me several months while i waited for the unit to be properly processed released.

Now basically that lawyer who left formed his own firm and it was this one that the agent brought me to. Really regretted using them as everytime i have to call and call, both the supposedly big real estate firm and the law firm really disappointed me. When i went to the law firm, they price quoted was much higher than what i needed to pay outside. The lawyer even arrogantly told me no discount and charged me almost double what the others folks charged. He then proudly asked me to leave if i really can get better prices. This was halfway hrough the signing of the S&P. I stood up and I almost left but the agent slashed his comms and got me to continue.

Months passed, my friends who sold later than me completed their transactions, some even multiple and have begun to buy again. I tried calling the agent today even though he promised to get back to me today, still he didn't. I called, waited until afternoon, left SMSed and finally SMSed that i will email his boss if he doesn't reply back. Only then he called me back and even then no apologies, he even chided me that as a seller, i pay only very little to the lawyers and i should basically keep quiet while they take their own time. I guess once you pay the agent commissions on the day of signing the S&P, there is really nothing much you can do.

Without buyer or seller, the agent wouldn't even have a deal plus the agent forgot that i was the one who paid the commissions to him, not the buyer. By the time he called, i have wrote to his boss already and too late to recall the email.

Very disappointed as i kept giving people chances but really no use, not sure if his boss will do anything at all to help. One thing though, i finally got some response to my queries though they still told me it will take until end of June to complete which basically is 7 months so folks, it does take that long at times.

All the other houses that were sold by those around took maximum 4 months, ironically i was able to help folks expedite their cases but whenever i tried to contact my agents law firm, all i got was the standard reply.

Last edited:

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal

Where to keep cash? Keep in the bank, bank collapsed. Hide it under the pillow, house also kena rob. My recommendation for you is to stay in jail and make sure the hospital and bank are both in the jail compound. Both safe and secure! No worries with SARS, robbers and volatility of real estate. Then again, the jail cannot be in Iskandar otherwise the police might be the culprit.

Naturebest indeed, don't know what can be worst........

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should list down the agent's name & firm. Also the lawyer name & firm, in the "Good agents, bad agents" thread to share. No one else in this forum should experience the same heartache you went through.

Last edited:

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
20 yrs ago when M'sia impose newn rule. The money of KL property aftern sold cann't even take out via T/T and hv to keep in M'sia bank for sometime. My SG friend lost 200K in M'sia stock n My M'sian friend bankkrupt as a developer during that time. I hv gone thru the time when S'pore n M'sia is one conutry so i chose it as my 2nd Home for retirement but safety first. Bullets will be shot once all negatice elements clear. Just a kind reminder at this time....

I want to believe you have not chosen yet but thinking about choosing Malaysia as your 2nd home? If you have, I really felt pity for you to be worrying all these past experience you had. You should have thought about it first before making this major decision. It is just like worrying if North Korea misbehaved, how? World War 3? What if another Financial crisis hits Singapore or Asia?

My humble advise for you is to Stop worrying but Start living. There are more than a billion things in the world that will be out of our control, why worry, be happy!

fc3s1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wuqi, maybe you can try to filter out some irrelevant posts from certain parties who are playing down our incidents? I seriously find nothing wrong in posting about a purported entry from " bankers" and I wonder how some parties can kick up a big hoo haa over this? Not as if I am being robbed in Horizon Hills. So far I have not heard about robberies in HH and I live here in peace. However I am just afraid that those robbers from Nusa Idaman may spill over to HH

hi investor5,

would you mind sharing which precint in HH u from.. eg. golf east..gateway

reason being i stay in HH too and would like to activate my security guard call back service.

i hope its free...!

Last edited:

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
name and shame please!!!!!!

really frustrated by an agent i used again recently, despite giving him multiple chances over the years to buy property, lease etc through them. Really felt let down, they insisted on using their law firms which basically was the same one who played me out when i first bought it. The lawyer left the original firm, taking his staff as well and leaving the law firm on its own. It took me several months while i waited for the unit to be properly processed released.

Now basically that lawyer who left formed his own firm and it was this one that the agent brought me to. Really regretted using them as everytime i have to call and call, both the supposedly big real estate firm and the law firm really disappointed me. When i went to the law firm, they price quoted was much higher than what i needed to pay outside. The lawyer even arrogantly told me no discount and charged me almost double what the others folks charged. He then proudly asked me to leave if i really can get better prices. This was halfway hrough the signing of the s&p. I stood up and i almost left but the agent slashed his comms and got me to continue.

Months passed, my friends who sold later than me completed their transactions, some even multiple and have begun to buy again. I tried calling the agent today even though he promised to get back to me today, still he didn't. I called, waited until afternoon, left smsed and finally smsed that i will email his boss if he doesn't reply back. Only then he called me back and even then no apologies, he even chided me that as a seller, i pay only very little to the lawyers and i should basically keep quiet while they take their own time. I guess once you pay the agent commissions on the day of signing the s&p, there is really nothing much you can do.

Without buyer or seller, the agent wouldn't even have a deal plus the agent forgot that i was the one who paid the commissions to him, not the buyer. By the time he called, i have wrote to his boss already and too late to recall the email.

Very disappointed as i kept giving people chances but really no use, not sure if his boss will do anything at all to help. One thing though, i finally got some response to my queries though they still told me it will take until end of june to complete which basically is 7 months so folks, it does take that long at times.

All the other houses that were sold by those around took maximum 4 months, ironically i was able to help folks expedite their cases but whenever i tried to contact my agents law firm, all i got was the standard reply.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
We standby cash to top up bank loan when property price drop or no rental to cover. Keep the bullets and launch to the right place when price down. What make you to suggest keeping cash in jail? You are welcome to keep yr cash in my safe at Ujana apartment or my sg properties. I will buy insurance if it is stolen.

There are so much money printing these few years by central banks. Japan has just unleashed a tsunami QE. Keeping too much cash while waiting for a correction to buy is quite dangerous. At Bukit Indah, a car wash shop raised the price from $6 to $11 RM just this week. I expect other car wash shops there to follow (currently around $8-10 RM). Same for other shops. And property prices will continue to go up. Even in Singapore, the Jan 2013 cooling measure is wearing off. Locals and foreign buyers are coming in again. There is just too much liquidity around.

Aggressive BOJ easing takes markets by storm
Strong signal to keep long-term interest rates low; monetary base to double in 2 years
By anthony rowley In Tokyo

THE Bank of Japan's Policy Board did all that was expected of it - and more - yesterday at its first meeting under new governor Haruhiko Kuroda, announcing sweeping new monetary easing measures that surprised and delighted Japanese financial markets while drawing strong praise from Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's government.

Entering what it called "a new phase of monetary easing both in terms of quantity and quality", the Bank of Japan (BOJ) promised to double Japan's monetary base within two years by dramatically increasing the amount of government bonds and other assets it purchases, while emulating other leading central banks in buying bonds right along the yield spectrum.

Mr Kuroda acknowledged at a briefing last night that the BOJ "is embarking on a huge purchase of government debt. Based on what we've decided today, our monthly purchases of government debt will total about 70 per cent of newly issued debt." But he emphasised that "I have no intention to monetise government debt".

By continuing and expanding "quantitative and qualitative" easing, the BOJ is going full throttle to achieve Mr Abe's aim of converting two decades of deflation in Japan into 2 per cent annual inflation within two years - something which earned high praise from market analysts and elsewhere.

"I am not worried about a spike in long-term yields or an asset price bubble" as a result of yesterday's measures, Mr Kuroda said. "The chance of this happening is actually very small."

The yen fell sharply against the dollar, sinking below 95 at one point in Tokyo yesterday - a drop of around 2 per cent - while also sinking sharply against other leading currencies. This will help to ease deflationary pressures on the Japanese economy while also boost corporate profits from exports, analysts said

Tokyo stock prices jumped 272.34 points, or 2.2 per cent, to 12,634.54 - close to a recent 4-1/2-year high - while Japanese government bond futures soared and the benchmark 10-year bond yield hit its lowest ever level at 0.425 per cent. Both were seen as signals of rising market confidence in Japan's prospects.

Markets were especially encouraged by the fact that the decisions of the BOJ's nine-member Policy Board under Mr Kuroda and two new deputy governors were unanimous. Reports of brewing discord among members had undermined confidence in the BOJ's ability to present a united front.

The central bank also upgraded its assessment of the Japanese economy, saying it "has stopped weakening and has shown some signs of picking up".

Finance Minister Taro Aso said the BOJ's decision "to embark on bold policy steps within such a short span of time was commendable" while Economics Minister Akira Amari said that the moves exceeded most expectations.

Economists were fulsome in their praise. "I can say that the BOJ came up with a perfect answer in response to market expectations," said Junko Nishioka, chief Japan economist at RBS Securities in Tokyo. "Kuroda made good on his promise of boosting monetary easing in terms of both volume and types of assets that the bank purchases."

Particularly important was the BOJ's decision to purchase Japanese government bonds of all maturities including 40-year bonds, taking the average remaining maturity of its purchases up from slightly less than three years to around seven years and on a par with that of the US Federal Reserve.

Pushing the maturity of the bond portfolio out so far was a "positive surprise", chief equity strategist Jesper Koll at JPMorgan in Tokyo told BT. It sent a signal that longer-term interest rates in Japan will stay low, encouraging capital investment and private consumption, he added.

The Policy Board pledged to continue "quantitative and qualitative monetary easing" in order to achieve its 2 per cent annual consumer price inflation target, "for as long as it is necessary to maintain that target" - again a confidence-boosting assurance for markets and for Japanese business.

Under its new monetary regime, the BOJ will pursue "monetary base control" by changing the main target in money market operations to the monetary base (cash and reserves at the central bank) instead of focusing on holding the bank's current overnight call rate at between zero and 0.1 per cent.

"The BOJ will conduct money-market operations so that the monetary base will increase at an annual pace of about 60-70 trillion yen (S$796-929 billion)," the BOJ said. The monetary base is expected to expand to 200 trillion yen this year and to 270 trillion yen by the end of 2014 - almost doubling from 2012, when it was 138 trillion yen.

The central bank will boost asset purchases to double its holdings of government bonds in two years. It will revert to open-ended asset purchases and buy over 7 trillion yen of long-term government bonds per month, so that the balance of its bond holdings increases at an annual pace of 50 trillion yen.

These again are seen to be important steps in helping to restore consumer and business confidence in Japan because investors will be assured of being able to sell financial assets to the BOJ in future in the event that they need liquidity.

At the same time, it will step up purchases of exchange-traded funds (ETFs) by 1 trillion yen per year - something that is likely to drive Tokyo stock prices higher - and real estate trust funds (Reits) by 30 billion yen per year.

The BOJ will terminate the asset purchase programme introduced in 2010 by former governor Masaaki Shirakawa and temporarily suspend its self-imposed "banknote principle" designed to ensure that the central bank is not seen by markets to be directly financing government debt.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/pre...ssive-boj-easing-takes-markets-storm-20130405

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
While the exuberance is comforting for owners of the various asset classes out there, I quiver at the thought of what lies away with a runaway inflation and the unwinding that will come later.

In the meantime, as property and equity owners, it is a time to celebrate but please be ready when the music stops.

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
While the exuberance is comforting for owners of the various asset classes out there, I quiver at the thought of what lies away with a runaway inflation and the unwinding that will come later.

In the meantime, as property and equity owners, it is a time to celebrate but please be ready when the music stops.

yes timely reminder indeed. when all is rosy and sky is sunny, not many will notice the dark clouds that lie ahead. How to prepare for it when the music stops , esp for properties investors who are very leveraged ?

Status
Not open for further replies.