• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi,

For Malaysia property related tax such as cukai pintu and cukai tanah..

Anyone can advise where I can check if I have any outstanding tax that is not paid?

Tq

That is easy, just go online portal such as http://onlinepayment.johor.gov.my/ and use the HSD or PTD # to search or go to the land office and say you want to pay it and supply them the details. Normally in any sale of property, the law firm will be the one who will check and get the seller to pay it.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Price can still go up because developers will launch one project after another at higher price.

This strategy is use by all agency; developers worldwide.

I will not be surprise if a project hit RM2000 in 2015; but there will be 2 big problem.....

1. Who will buy from you?
2. Who do you rent to?

Yes, of course but with launches all at the same time, the 2 questions also depends on the supply, especially in certain areas.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tks y sharing. My friends with S$5M-$10M assets not even thinking of M'sia property. Taiwan's property gain tax has been rised to 40-50% for those hot area n M'sia Govt might follow soon to share the profit from oversea buyers. With the 4-5% bank loan n no rental yield due to less "Ang Mo" tenants, the capital gain will be much less than SG. It is a good thing that Sg hv not apply property gain tax and good rental return.

Appreciate your warning about not to be over-optimistic, the virtues of hoarding cash, etc.
But you should seriously research a bit more... many of your questions tells me you either came from China or India - no offence, just my thoughts.
You were surprised there was a jam at the 2nd link on a long weekend... you can't be a Malaysian or Singaporean otherwise you would know to expect massive jams on long weekends. You are worried about PAS ruling Johor, SARs, crime, remittance control... i am very puzzled why you invest in Ujana with the amounts of worries you have?? You have stories about burglars sneaking into Horizon, yet it sounds to me to be more like hearsay. Tsk Tsk Tsk

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
his comments is typical of those malaysians or old singapore uncles who have been burned before many years ago. if one do research with those people who have already written malaysia off, their responses are as expected..

Appreciate your warning about not to be over-optimistic, the virtues of hoarding cash, etc.
But you should seriously research a bit more... many of your questions tells me you either came from China or India - no offence, just my thoughts.
You were surprised there was a jam at the 2nd link on a long weekend... you can't be a Malaysian or Singaporean otherwise you would know to expect massive jams on long weekends. You are worried about PAS ruling Johor, SARs, crime, remittance control... i am very puzzled why you invest in Ujana with the amounts of worries you have?? You have stories about burglars sneaking into Horizon, yet it sounds to me to be more like hearsay. Tsk Tsk Tsk

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is easy, just go online portal such as http://onlinepayment.johor.gov.my/ and use the HSD or PTD # to search or go to the land office and say you want to pay it and supply them the details. Normally in any sale of property, the law firm will be the one who will check and get the seller to pay it.

Not sure where is Nusajaya or Nusa Bestari. I think the developers come up with a lot of non-official names not registered with the state government.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Not sure where is Nusajaya or Nusa Bestari. I think the developers come up with a lot of non-official names not registered with the state government.

The area in Bukit Indah comes under Pulai so when checking online, one can just put the Mukim as Pulai. Even the Mukim for as far away as Mont Calista is Pulai if i am not mistaken.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
his comments is typical of those malaysians or old singapore uncles who have been burned before many years ago. if one do research with those people who have already written malaysia off, their responses are as expected..

Past performance may never be 100% indication of future results. What was once swamp land may one day be worth at least 80 psf or what was a fishing village may have land being currently sold for 120 psf up.

No matter how much one knows, there is always someone better out there who knows more, i am always humbled by the many many people who knows much more than me and have much to learn from them.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Past performance may never be 100% indication of future results. What was once swamp land may one day be worth at least 80 psf or what was a fishing village may have land being currently sold for 120 psf up.

No matter how much one knows, there is always someone better out there who knows more, i am always humbled by the many many people who knows much more than me and have much to learn from them.

Very true. Nothing stays the same forever. When at the top, the only way is down. When at the bottom, the only way is up.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't know whether this is a silly question to ask for opinions from bros and sis here. Maybe it's becos I don't trust our Sg govt anymore.

Thinking of where to put my all important but small lifelong savings in case there's a run for money at the banks.
Am very worried abt the way this world esp. the financial world is heading. Just not right.
Which banks do you think will be stronger or still left standing if the property mkt bubble burst big time in the next economic meltdown which will probably be much worse than 2008 with the printing of $ not helping anymore, Singapore or Malaysian banks? Is Maybank much more aggressive in lending than other Malaysian banks?

Personally, I prefer Malaysian banks as properties there are not that overpriced and I also think only a small percentage of the people in Malaysia are over leveraged as compared to Sg. Also the number of foreigners as a percentage to local population there is nothing compare to Sg (they will not be around if their property value goes much lower than their loans). Our SWFs would already have lost almost everything they invested overseas.

What do you think of Malaysian banks as compared to Sg banks? Please ignore if you find this question stupid. Thanks.
(Btw, already sold my only house in Sg and bought 2 properties in Nusajaya.)

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't know whether this is a silly question to ask for opinions from bros and sis here. Maybe it's becos I don't trust our Sg govt anymore.

Thinking of where to put my all important but small lifelong savings in case there's a run for money at the banks.
Am very worried abt the way this world esp. the financial world is heading. Just not right.
Which banks do you think will be stronger or still left standing if the property mkt bubble burst big time in the next economic meltdown which will probably be much worse than 2008 with the printing of $ not helping anymore, Singapore or Malaysian banks? Is Maybank much more aggressive in lending than other Malaysian banks?

Personally, I prefer Malaysian banks as properties there are not that overpriced and I also think only a small percentage of the people in Malaysia are over leveraged as compared to Sg. Also the number of foreigners as a percentage to local population there is nothing compare to Sg (they will not be around if their property value goes much lower than their loans). Our SWFs would already have lost almost everything they invested overseas.

What do you think of Malaysian banks as compared to Sg banks? Please ignore if you find this question stupid. Thanks.

Singapore banks should be one of the safest:
http://www.gfmag.com/tools/best-banks/11661-worlds-50-safest-banks-april-2012.html

I thought it is better to keep 1 property in Singapore. Malaysia may not always welcome foreigners. Right now it is eager to attractive foreign investment to Iskandar, that is why it is so accommodating in foreigners buying up freehold landed.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The area in Bukit Indah comes under Pulai so when checking online, one can just put the Mukim as Pulai. Even the Mukim for as far away as Mont Calista is Pulai if i am not mistaken.

How come owner information is not my name? :confused:

Owner Information
Name : HO HUP JAYA SDN. BHD.

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tks y sharing. My friends with S$5M-$10M assets not even thinking of M'sia property. Taiwan's property gain tax has been rised to 40-50% for those hot area n M'sia Govt might follow soon to share the profit from oversea buyers. With the 4-5% bank loan n no rental yield due to less "Ang Mo" tenants, the capital gain will be much less than SG. It is a good thing that Sg hv not apply property gain tax and good rental return.

...with the current ABSD, would they come in now to buy Sg property with S$10M each?

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is what I have been doing since 2007.

1. Put some cash in safe deposit box. (like Certis Cisco safe box; not bank related)
2. Buy some gold and silver. (coins preferred. Gold from UOB Plaza One; Silver from www.silverbullion.com.sg)
3. Get some cash in hand that can last you 6 months. (mixed currency worth SGD$60,000 of USD, GBP, YEN, EURO, SGD, MYR, HKD, RMB)
4. Buy properties oversea.
5. Try not to take up too much mortgage if you have the cash to pay in full. (if bank is broke; your cash is gone but you still owe the mortgage)
6. Start some hobby that can help in your investment. (collect watches like Rolex or Patek P; collect Montblanc pens; Collect Painting; Collect Diamond above 2 ct.)

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come owner information is not my name? :confused:

Owner Information
Name : HO HUP JAYA SDN. BHD.

That's norm bro, some even have their partners name appeared in it.
Rename process may stuck somewhere I believed, good to check with yr developer first.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what I have been doing since 2007.

1. Put some cash in safe deposit box. (like Certis Cisco safe box; not bank related)
2. Buy some gold and silver. (coins preferred. Gold from UOB Plaza One; Silver from www.silverbullion.com.sg)
3. Get some cash in hand that can last you 6 months. (mixed currency worth SGD$60,000 of USD, GBP, YEN, EURO, SGD, MYR, HKD, RMB)
4. Buy properties oversea.
5. Try not to take up too much mortgage if you have the cash to pay in full. (if bank is broke; your cash is gone but you still owe the mortgage)
6. Start some hobby that can help in your investment. (collect watches like Rolex or Patek P; collect Montblanc pens; Collect Painting; Collect Diamond above 2 ct.)

Prof bro, your hobby is very exclusive..but good advice. kekeke.:biggrin:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A lot of such investors worldwide.

Got 1 guy start buying Rolex when it is around US$300 back in the 70s.

He show me a box of 10 brand new Rolex made in the 70s. Retail plus collector value is US$6000. Funny thing is he wear a Casio.....

Another guy buy Montblanc pens and throw away the refills. He told me refills will leak and demage the box; pen's color etc.

All this collector is correct; I collected a bunch of Cartier watches and the price have already triple since 2004.

I think when a LV store open it's door in JB; it will be the start of a third wave in JB property trend.

Prof bro, your hobby is very exclusive..but good advice. kekeke.:biggrin:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's norm bro, some even have their partners name appeared in it.
Rename process may stuck somewhere I believed, good to check with yr developer first.

Yes, some of my neighbours also have same problem. However I an see my neighbours names n NRIC. Quite careless move by developer or lawyer.

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
Political environment change in M'sia is unpredictable. Sg has hard time before until Abdullah as PM then Najib take over. It is still a muslim majority country and not all Umno's leaders with the open mind as Najib. God bless him be the next PM so I will exercise the few S & P awaiting if the H7N9 not arr Sg n Msia. Otherwise, Sg will be the best place for invest during new Sars. Do not forget me when y make a million for my advice...

Don't understand you. You have so much worries, why bother to exercise the few S & P awaiting if the H7N9 not arr Sg n Msia. Even if H7N9 is gone, other viruses will come.

With so much worries on this and that, you might as well keep the money under the pillow. Thanks and noted for your advice, and I dont need it anymore.

Sorry if I have offended you, I am an adult, all investment carries risks, even in Singapore. Look at the property prices in Singapore, my brother brought one 2 to 3 years ago, it is still not appreciated. D Leedon is having special price now.

Property purchased is for long term not short term. We are early mover and there is still alot of rooms for price to appreciate in the long term. I am not talking about gain alot of capital appreciation in tomorrow, weeks, months or 1 year. Is 5 to 10 years horizon. Remember, in flation is the key to drive up the price. Do you still the construction cost and land cost will go down in 5 to 10 years time?

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore has buyer and seller stamp duty tax on selling price. This tax is much more than Malaysia capital gax tax. There are people who have to dispose off the sg properties in a loss and still need to pay seller stamp duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.