• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jailbird005

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
permas bridge traffic peak hour is terrible, slow traffic, try friday knock off time....

now EDL morning or evening time both direction also heavy traffic....

in long run.... seriously compare to coastal highway at nusajaya, really cmi....
heavy traffic is fine as long as its nt jam

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bigger units are not so easy to divest, esp those > RM 2m. I would advise not to over leverage on projects > RM 2m due to MYR high interest rate. Unless the MRT comes to Lido Boulevard area, I personally think making a decent profit on this investment may well prove challenging.

Looks like most of the upcoming units in Singapore are the shoebox units. Large, spacious units are still in short supply and unaffordable in Singapore. Landed units are still breaking records, one after the other.

To be able to live in a large, spacious unit will be an added attraction to move up North. So, my feeling is that demand for landed and large condos in the right location will not be that bad in Iskandar, in the long run, when more Singaporeans look towards the area.

That said, I definitely agree that one needs to be mindful of the interest rates. For a 25 year loan, they monthly payment will be 40% higher @ 4.2% (Malaysia) vs. 1% (Singapore). They key difference is in Singapore, most of the payment goes towards equity, in other words reducing the loan, while in Malaysia, a big chunk of the payment goes towards interest.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel the Lido Boulevard project will appeal mainly to condo-dwellers, ie security conscious singaporeans, and hong kongers & Japanese. It may not be so easy to get buy-in from Europeans used to living in landed.

On the interest rate, yes the world is unfair. Rich Singaporeans can get SGD loans to buy MYR properties at < 2% interest from private banking arms, while we need to bear 4.2%........ haiz.....

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I feel the Lido Boulevard project will appeal mainly to condo-dwellers, ie security conscious singaporeans, and hong kongers & Japanese. It may not be so easy to get buy-in from Europeans used to living in landed.

On the interest rate, yes the world is unfair. Rich Singaporeans can get SGD loans to buy MYR properties at < 2% interest from private banking arms, while we need to bear 4.2%........ haiz.....

RedsYNWA, lets trade IC....:biggrin::(

http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/08/15/big-problem-for-spore-strong-sing-dollar-high-inflation/

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Haha I am a sinkie too! My point is that if you are a rich singaporean, you can get a SGD loan at < 2% interest to buy MYR properties from private banking arms but if you are a poor sinkie like me, you have to take the 4.4% interest. So it makes better sense for rich singaporeans to do property speculation in Malaysia, since holding risk is much lower.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha I am a sinkie too! My point is that if you are a rich singaporean, you can get a SGD loan at < 2% interest to buy MYR properties from private banking arms but if you are a poor sinkie like me, you have to take the 4.4% interest. So it makes better sense for rich singaporeans to do property speculation in Malaysia, since holding risk is much lower.

I am dumbfounded....not so amusing but is amazing

rykgirl

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I'm new here. Just moved in to JB but don't remember seeing anyone mention abt Tebrau area. Anyone knows abt Plentitude? We intend to buy a terrace there to stay but have no idea where to research. Currently, we're staying in a rented condo just behind Jusco, also a part of plentitude. But because we shifted in only 4days ago, we're still very new. Everything seems to be so far so good. Was hoping can find out more before we commit to buying early next year as our MOP date is around then. :smile:

rykgirl

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh and do we have to hit MOP before we even place deposit for the house? Are there any FB groups for peeps living in Tebrau area? TIA!

inlinev4

Alfrescian
Loyal
Development near to Tebrau area like Setia Indah, Cascadia, Tropika, Austin Hill, Austin Height & Molek.
I visited the Expo in MBS yesterday & saw Plentitude was there to market their development near to Jusco. Nice place as it is closest to Jusco and the prices are relatively ok but I have no idea on this developer.
Noted on their Terrace catalog that the area is Gated and Provision for Guarded - may means no guards provided at this point in time.

rykgirl

Alfrescian
Loyal
At this point of time? But they're not done up yet.. The Tebrau Ria has guards so we assume Plentitude will have once it's open.. We're eyeing Plentitude cause it seems to be most convenient as I don't have a license yet.. Walking distance to everything we need.. Initially, we wanted a terrace but this condo feels like home, got HDB feel.. But then again, like most SG, we also feel it's a waste not to get landed.. =X Anyway we have a few months to decide..

rykgirl

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, it seems that major population of SGs are in BI area or nearer to Tuas.. ^.^ No one here is living in Tebrau? Was hoping can know some SAHMs like myself around here so can go shopping with the kids or simply just hang out.. Hahaha.. Have no idea where else I can interact with SGs living in JB..

jailbird005

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi all, i am newbie in forum. learnt a lot from forum here. thanks to all.

i have been looking at Johor properties, bought setia tropika sky peak few months ago.

now looking at setia eco village (which is part of setia eco gardens). the SEV images look markedly different from their earlier projects/precincts. look nicer and has a strong theme in it. but saw some forumers' sharing about setia's quality.

any advice? anyone also looking at SEV?
dun mind how much did you pay for sky peak? two or three bedder?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is UM Land reputable?

Currently, looking at Seri Austin apartment. My partner is Bumi.

Purpose is to settle down.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/sing...s/8425/seri-austin-residence-luxury-apartment

UM Land Big Co.
Abang, have you recced the apartment or just viewing from the pictures only.. :biggrin:

Since yr partner is Bumi (so lucky u.. :biggrin:), @ Tampoi got one Twin Residences..u can go n see see look look... em17.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.