• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup 24hrs. the last i renew my macs, it was 1.30am....no queue at all! 10mins is all it takes.

thank u for e info ! , i think have to bring my family members to do during wee hours ....since this weekend sure peanut butter jam ....
i am still praying Jusco BI will have mobile station ....

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, thank you everyone for sharing so much valuable info here and i've been following this forum since series 1. Would like to find out whether will white colour grilles turn yollowish after a couple of months? My contactor told me that and seem trying to discouraging from choosing white colour grilles. Also was told white colour will take longer compare to choosing other darker colours. Anyone had such experience b4?

will someone with knowledge help to answer this qn from newbie TCL78 ? me also like while col grilles ....
Thanks in advance.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
just called Jb immigration , they do not have macs mobile station anymore ...

Narmi
we have to do it at the custom liao or u can try to do at the iskandar office at danga bay , needs to bring along S&P and only can do during office hours ....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Everything seems to be so far so good. Was hoping can find out more before we commit to buying early next year as our MOP date is around then. :smile:

Always buy after MOP to be absolutely safe unless you have other plans. Tebrau is ok but is a bit more rowdy in some sense.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Narmi
we have to do it at the custom liao or u can try to do at the iskandar office at danga bay , needs to bring along S&P and only can do during office hours ....

Hi sis, i have recently brought my family to do ours on the MACS place at the 2nd link. Was done near the motorcycle area, on the 2nd floor, took a lift up there.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
MACS can do 5 yrs straight meh? one year only rm30- S$12 nia....where got expensive?
if in ,out jb without MACS everyday, nid to chop passport everyday,like that the page will finish within a year!
nid to go ICA to renew passport (S$70?)every year. isn't it more ex?

S$12 per annum.....what excellence svc can one expect?

I dont drive often. So u may not understand what one is going thru when queueing at the normal or Macs lane (public tpt bay). Macs M$30 per yr. Renew every yr till 5 yrs is M$150 @ S$60.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its save many stamping and the mly customs officer also like it as well...View attachment 7370

Agree on this. It definitely benefits those who work in Spore or those who travel regularly.

The mly customs/immigration officer love it. He will instruct us to go MACs lane even though theres no pax at his lane (normal lane). And we could see theres a long queue at MACS lane (only 2 lane). I am referring to the public immigration bus hall.

Last edited:

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also don't need to check if the officer stamp your passport or not.
One time my mum's passport not stamp. Found out only on the way back.
Spent 2 hours in their office to "settle".

Theres one incident when entering JB. The immigration guy almost stamp my passport. I guess he was dreaming. :confused:TGIF.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi

Please take care and be strong . Seems like doing biz in msia is not that easy , perhaps when its time to let go , just have to let go ....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Theres one incident when entering JB. The immigration guy almost stamp my passport. I guess he was dreaming. :confused:TGIF.

oh ya , just have to be careful , mine was stamped once even though i have macs , so nowadays , when i pass my passport over , i will just tell them MACS !

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Narmi

Aiayah really ahh sis? Confirm ahh? Or different officer will give different answer u think?

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh ya , just have to be careful , mine was stamped once even though i have macs , so nowadays , when i pass my passport over , i will just tell them MACS !

Sis, I make a "mark" at the MACS page. And i will open that particular page for mat to see too. Upon entering and departing too. Haiz...

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
will someone with knowledge help to answer this qn from newbie TCL78 ? me also like while col grilles ....
Thanks in advance.

Hiya all! White color grille n also white furniture though looks very pleasant will definitely discolor esp when exposed to elements over a period of time n then look a dirty yellow.

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not been feeling so well these days, ........ her business is not making money yet .........., felt bad for her. .....

Take it easy sir, u n your lady. Running a biz esp in education sector never easy - has myriad of probs. Will take at least 3 years to see a good yield n yea, there will be many ' green eyes ' a watching and 'forked tongues' a wagging . Be strong - physically n mentally n The sun will be shining for both of u !

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Originally Posted by TCL78
Hi, thank you everyone for sharing so much valuable info here and i've been following this forum since series 1. Would like to find out whether will white colour grilles turn yollowish after a couple of months? My contactor told me that and seem trying to discouraging from choosing white colour grilles. Also was told white colour will take longer compare to choosing other darker colours. Anyone had such experience b4?

Unless your grille has additional layers of lacquer or powder coated else its only a matter of time it will look yellowish or even brown. Chips on the paint will also reveal the rust beneath which makes a large contrast between the original colour. Very noticeable and harder to maintain so normally not recommended.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Yes, always try to turn to the MACS page or at least inform them MACS so that they don't stamp your passport, if they do though, no biggie, just get it stamped when you go back out so there is a complete round trip record.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi

Please take care and be strong . Seems like doing biz in msia is not that easy , perhaps when its time to let go , just have to let go ....

Thanks, its not about the money, its the thinking some folks have, that because they paid a lot, we must be earning a lot so they are more demanding. Some teachers also think that way and demand more pay.

We put ourselves in the shoes of especially the parents and do our best to cater to them but sometimes must accept no matter how much or what we do, there are some who really made us sad.

Especially in one recent case, one parent actually had financial problems but use the school aircon as a reason to withdraw. Another one said we had too many toys and books for the kids and is "distracting" to their learning.

Few people know that even if the boss goes hungry, he always made sure the children are well fed and the staff always paid on time.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Take it easy sir, u n your lady. Running a biz esp in education sector never easy - has myriad of probs. Will take at least 3 years to see a good yield n yea, there will be many ' green eyes ' a watching and 'forked tongues' a wagging . Be strong - physically n mentally n The sun will be shining for both of u !

Thank you, we never thought to really make lots of money, we could have done something else or bought more houses f it was just for money. Just something to occupy her time as well as seeing the kids graduate, really made me very happy when i saw their graduation. Thanks a lot, we hope that it will soon.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, always try to turn to the MACS page or at least inform them MACS so that they don't stamp your passport, if they do though, no biggie, just get it stamped when you go back out so there is a complete round trip record.

Yes. Thats the most important part. If theres only ARRIVAL chop and no DEPARTURE chop, I bet the next trip to JB would be a "costly" one.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Thats the most important part. If theres only ARRIVAL chop and no DEPARTURE chop, I bet the next trip to JB would be a "costly" one.

I always mention that I have MACS.
A few times I accidentally mention even to the Singapore customs but most of them prefer KFC.

But twice happened recently, because now no need white card, the Malaysian side still chop my passport.
One sheepishly wrote VOID over the arrival chop, while the second customs officer apologised profusedly until I paiseh and tell him small matter all it cost me was a little space on my passport page.

As long as got valid MACS, but still kena chop then you are in the clear and not your fault.

But if no MACS but past ARRIVAL chop still lonely bachelor, then get ready for naked squats while they put on latex gloves..

Status
Not open for further replies.