• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Zheng Hu say must change. Wife also tio letter from ICA. Haiz...got one Chinese saying that goes "can siam for some time, but cannot siam for all time.":p

Sorry but i quite blur on this. Why must govt/ICA insist that u change your address?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry but i quite blur on this. Why must govt/ICA insist that u change your address?

Because the law says so....Under the National Registration Act. ICA website says this is a security measure to prevent errant IC holders from falsely reporting changes of addresses. For you, the IC holder, this requirement will help to prevent errant IC holders from reporting your residential address as their own.

Last edited:

alleyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because the law says so....Under the National Registration Act. ICA website says this is a security measure to prevent errant IC holders from falsely reporting changes of addresses. For you, the IC holder, this requirement will help to prevent errant IC holders from reporting your residential address as their own.

Thanks for the clarification. But u still have a HDB flat in spore right?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the clarification. But u still have a HDB flat in spore right?

Yes, rented out entirely, that's why they knew we had to register our new residential address. Probably linked to HDB and IRAS for property tax purposes.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
So Frodo, what address you use for your mailing address? I am worried about SGD letters being sent to MYR lol. :eek:

Only the zheng hu letters will go to JB address, the rest will still go to my HDB address. So I will go and clear the letter box twice a month.:biggrin:

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi brothers and sisters, pls sign this petition to support! Thank you so much! :smile:

https://www.gopetition.com/petition...nt-of-horizon-hills-79100-nusajaya-johor.html

Frankly speaking, I do not see any reason to erect a traffic light in front of horizon hill. It will be best to fully understand the cause of accident instead of rushing to request for a traffic light whenever there is some accident.

If I do not remember wrongly, there is a dedicated lane for filtering left into horizon hill, one should be able to turn left into horizon hill relatively safely. If going by high risk accident location, I will say on the 2nd link bridge where a lot of motorist sped off once they cleared the customs after 1-2 hours of jam.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly speaking, I do not see any reason to erect a traffic light in front of horizon hill. It will be best to fully understand the cause of accident instead of rushing to request for a traffic light whenever there is some accident.

If I do not remember wrongly, there is a dedicated lane for filtering left into horizon hill, one should be able to turn left into horizon hill relatively safely. If going by high risk accident location, I will say on the 2nd link bridge where a lot of motorist sped off once they cleared the customs after 1-2 hours of jam.

It's more for the vehicles trying to turn right into HH. The vehicles going straight from the opposite direction can be travelling at high speed...especially in the night when headlights on oncoming cars can cause misjudgement of distances.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's more for the vehicles trying to turn right into HH. The vehicles going straight from the opposite direction can be travelling at high speed...especially in the night when headlights on oncoming cars can cause misjudgement of distances.

need to look into the statistics, last thing i want to see is Puteri Iskandar turning into another town in Singapore with traffic lights within 200m..... what i love about "lack of regulation" is promoting flexibility and intelligent judgement of driving. Sometimes, it is lack of sensible judgement or sensible sense of defensive riding/driving to cause accident and we should not just keep putting infrastructure as counter measure which actually does not solve the fundermental issue which is irresponsible road users. Of course I am not saying the deceased is irresponsible however as rider myself, one should always assume all other road users are trying to kill you when you make split second whether to close throttle or depress the brake level with all your might.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
need to look into the statistics, last thing i want to see is Puteri Iskandar turning into another town in Singapore with traffic lights within 200m..... what i love about "lack of regulation" is promoting flexibility and intelligent judgement of driving. Sometimes, it is lack of sensible judgement or sensible sense of defensive riding/driving to cause accident and we should not just keep putting infrastructure as counter measure which actually does not solve the fundermental issue which is irresponsible road users. Of course I am not saying the deceased is irresponsible however as rider myself, one should always assume all other road users are trying to kill you when you make split second whether to close throttle or depress the brake level with all your might.

Killer wheelers! LOL!

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
one should always assume all other road users are trying to kill you when you make split second whether to close throttle or depress the brake level with all your might.

Very very true. Just the other day a motor cyclist just cut infront of us. I was the pillion. My friend, the rider, cursed and cursed like hell.

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very very true. Just the other day a motor cyclist just cut infront of us. I was the pillion. My friend, the rider, cursed and cursed like hell.

Fully agree with this petition on traffic lights outside the Main entrance of Horizon Hills. Those who doubt this, should try to use it during the morning and evening (especially evening) peak hours. It is a very dangerous junction to negotiate as 2 different sets of traffic are trying at the same time to filter into the right and both can only do so, when there is a break in traffic zooming fast from the highway speeding into Bukit Indah. That is the most dangerous part as both sides will try to move because that junction is simply too wide and far. Very sorry for the unnecessary death of the rider. Let's hope the petition will not be in vain and can save lives instead. Peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.