• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes.. traffic is amazing going back at 7-8pm too! hopefully this continues FOREVER!!! huat ah!!!!

okay.. question.. guys who install home security.. how many cameras do you usualy have for a 2 storey house? just trying to get a gauge =) thanky!

Dream on, my MY associates are still on leave.

Pioneer123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

I live in LF and am considering to invest in a solar power system for my house and sell the unused energy back to TNB.
I know the costs and ROI etc but was wondering if anyone had any useful experience / recommendations for company's who are providing this type of equipment as I would rather not just use joe bloggs off the internet.

Thanks

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

I live in LF and am considering to invest in a solar power system for my house and sell the unused energy back to TNB.
I know the costs and ROI etc but was wondering if anyone had any useful experience / recommendations for company's who are providing this type of equipment as I would rather not just use joe bloggs off the internet.

Thanks

Panasonic Malaysia.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those of you who are in JB this weekend or currently live in JB and are not aware. This weekend, JB city center will hold the annual JB "You Shen" event (JB Chingay). If you have not witnessed this, I highly recommend watching the procession. It has deep religious meaning for the Chinese community in JB and also a good showcase of the local culture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chingay_Parade_(South_East_Asia)

https://www.facebook.com/Johor.Old.Temple/?fref=nf

interesting. is it this Sat or Sunday ?

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
interesting. is it this Sat or Sunday ?

Technically it starts today but to keep things simple. Saturday is a smaller procession starting at around 9-10am from JB Gu Miao to Tiong Hua complex at around 12-1pm, still should be a few thousand people expected to attend since its Saturday.

Sunday night is the main event, starting around 7.00pm from Tiong Hua complex - along yahya awal - high court/post office - wong ah fook - back to Tiong Hua complex at around 1-2am. Normally if the event falls on a weekend, huge crowds are expected, easily few hundred thousand.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Technically it starts today but to keep things simple. Saturday is a smaller procession starting at around 9-10am from JB Gu Miao to Tiong Hua complex at around 12-1pm, still should be a few thousand people expected to attend since its Saturday.

Sunday night is the main event, starting around 7.00pm from Tiong Hua complex - along yahya awal - high court/post office - wong ah fook - back to Tiong Hua complex at around 1-2am. Normally if the event falls on a weekend, huge crowds are expected, easily few hundred thousand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgJh_6Ufh4Y

You can watch the entire series to understand more but i just attach one video here.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
When driving around Johor, or maybe even Malaysia in general, we would see people set up tables to sell food and drinks by road side. Is there a license required to do that? Or anyone can just do that, own time own target? kaki song can liao?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
When driving around Johor, or maybe even Malaysia in general, we would see people set up tables to sell food and drinks by road side. Is there a license required to do that? Or anyone can just do that, own time own target? kaki song can liao?

If the local council come along and ask you to apply, then it is needed. Usually it is very cheap < RM100 / annum. But if it is food, then you need to be hygenic and free of disease. Therefore you need to have a medical check up, injection for colera or TB, etc. before you are issued a licence.

But generally, it is usually not required. Even in KL, we have these nasi lemak sellers every morning. What you need is good food and customers.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the local council come along and ask you to apply, then it is needed. Usually it is very cheap < RM100 / annum. But if it is food, then you need to be hygenic and free of disease. Therefore you need to have a medical check up, injection for colera or TB, etc. before you are issued a licence.

But generally, it is usually not required. Even in KL, we have these nasi lemak sellers every morning. What you need is good food and customers.

Was thinking about selling can drinks at public parks as side income.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to sell ice kacang in my younger days. I have my own makeshift stall.

Wow, how did that go? Fun?

To sell can drinks any thing need to take note of? Was thinking get supplies of can drinks and one large ice box can start liao.

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, how did that go? Fun?

To sell can drinks any thing need to take note of? Was thinking get supplies of can drinks and one large ice box can start liao.

I think can drinks and ice kacang is different. I was then maybe 16 yrs old. It is hard work. Have to boil the red beans with sugar, make red jelly, syrup, canned jagung, etc. Then I have this hand held ice shaver, a bowl is only RM 0.30 each.

All sorts of customers from aunties to school children to drug addicts. Some even ordered a bowl and sucked heroin using cigarrete foil and those orange BIC pen holder. Good day, I can make about RM 50, bad rainy day, I be lucky if I can get RM10. It is weather dependent really.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Use a mini van like Alza. Open up the back and you can hang and sell all sorts.
Come rain or those pesky enforcement officers, close the boot and off you go. Try not to sell perishables. If you like add in munchies. Drinks in parks normally mineral water or can drinks to quench thirst.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Use a mini van like Alza. Open up the back and you can hang and sell all sorts.
Come rain or those pesky enforcement officers, close the boot and off you go. Try not to sell perishables. If you like add in munchies. Drinks in parks normally mineral water or can drinks to quench thirst.

Any idea if we need a permit to sell can drinks at the public parks? Good to know if there are legal requirements, at least we know what we are not complying with! LOL!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any idea if we need a permit to sell can drinks at the public parks? Good to know if there are legal requirements, at least we know what we are not complying with! LOL!

I think there are officially but as in Malaysia, it is always legally illegal.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Technically you can't and friends told me a lot of hoops to jump through so most of the locals just set up as and when especially by the road side. Just pack up and go if anyone comes and bother you. If you are really keen though, doesn't hurt to check with the local town council (MBJB) just in case.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...-move-from-lucrative-spot+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk

Status
Not open for further replies.