• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err this I don't know because many milionaires around me drive around in Persona and Myvi in JB.

Most rich avoid Johor due to the perceived crime rate.
The rich value their life more then thrills.
If you look at the type of cars going into Iskandar, most are normal bread and butter vehicles. That's the bulk of the demographics.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no "high-class" investors in JB when u bring your Sing dollars there. A RM 1 million is just S$300k ( 3 room flat in Toa Payoh ).

I will never invest in that shit hole, condos no matter how high class will be poorly maintained and shabby in a few short years due to corrupted MCs and the fact that Malaysians don't like to pay the maintenance fees leaving the place run down....so what high class condo are you talking about enjoying.

Their landed property also same, if you renovate too nicely, you will be a target for break-in, and the councils are inconsistent in rubbish collection look at the dump in Taman Sentosa and that's how your high class JB property will be in a few decades, so you will be passing down junk to the next generation.

My strategy is to rent in whatver is the latest and best and keep moving as newer and better places come along, I will only buy if the instalments are funded from my investment properties, which in effect means the property is free but looks like that option is now closed as the minimum investment sum is now RM1M.

So although you want to sound high class, you are to me a budget investor.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
The lambo ferrari Puteriworld say one.

Not fhbh12.

:smile:
Well, I'm pretty certain I'm not poor. I'm not Rich, but i'm not poor either. However, I just like the idea of saving money. Rm17 tolls per trip? no more weekly trips to JB for me. I prefer to spend my weekends here where things are orderly and roads are lined with pretty trees everywhere. I don't think that with the sudden increase in tolls and VEP that the roads in JB will suddenly be filled with lambos and porsches.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
:smile: cheers mate :smile:

Of course I have factored it and I am quietly praying the tolls @ Singapore will be peg to Malaysia side as well. S$1.20 become S$7 and Malaysia side also S$7 will be S$15 per entry

If I can drive thru the two customs via Woodlands without any jams... straight to the counter to get my passport chopped, I support wholeheartedly and I am sure many travellers and businessmen will love the Malaysia govt big time

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Food may not be what our taste buds are used to.

I won't say no good food in JB, BUT i agree that quality vs taste leaves a lot to be desired.

food gets better the further up north along the peninsula you go, until penang.

so jb food < melaka < KL food < ipoh < penang food.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why would they rent? Paying the VEP is still cheaper, these are penny pinching Malaysian folks.

Singapore is likely to match e increase in toll. Some have already done so due to e jam (my Malaysian friends). Higher tolls n VEP will force more to do so.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
i find it rather funny rgd the jb toll increase. i though the msians at first kpkb until their govts came out ro voice their displeasure and so requested that their govt also up their side. and while awaiting putrajaya announcement, jb suddenly up the toll commencing on same date. so now the new jb toll charges will also affect msians themselves, so whats going to happen. are they going to kpkb their side?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
The richest in Singapore don't go JB Giant, Tesco to save that RM 100 la.. they want a place by themselves and at the same time, to reach that place they don't want jams.

In Singapore the closest you can find is Sentosa Cove.. but its too pricey at S$3 million for a 99 year Leasehold condo

the richest in singapore can afford bunglo at cluny park. why bother go jb?
unless they can turn a fast buck. but with the constant meddling by royalty, tit for tat measure, and policy flip flopping by the state, iskandar may soon flop big time.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
the richest in singapore can afford bunglo at cluny park. why bother go jb?
unless they can turn a fast buck. which won't happen now with the constant meddling by royalty, tit for tat measure, and policy flip flopping by the state.

Exactly, Mr Puteriworld only buy some shit hole investments in JB, which he himself admits is less than the price of a 3 room flat in TPY and talks like he is in the same league as SG GCB club owners.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
while sg can suggest ways and means for businesses to look up north, they hv no control whatsoever how the iskandar picture will turn out. all of us can see it that anything iskandar has plans for, it is in relation to nearness to spore. govt to govt they have the will but when it comes to sorvereignty, its a different thing altogether. at first with my simple mind, i thot why cant spore talk to jb abt the increase in toll charges instead of unilaterally increasing the levy afterall with jb increasing the toll, wont sg also need to adjust? can u imagine whats going to happen if sg does it?
but when sorvereignty is an issue, each side is not going to tell you what they want to do.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
i find it rather funny rgd the jb toll increase. i though the msians at first kpkb until their govts came out ro voice their displeasure and so requested that their govt also up their side. and while awaiting putrajaya announcement, jb suddenly up the toll commencing on same date. so now the new jb toll charges will also affect msians themselves, so whats going to happen. are they going to kpkb their side?

we will sure kpkb. this toll is actually the EDL toll, which nahjib election promise is for it to be free. nah-bey!

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry dude.

Thought u mistook him as saying that.

Yea la i aso dun wan pay more.

Now thinking toll + vep sian ready.

Hv to cut down my trips.

Then il miss my lovely retired lifestyle.

Aiyo stuck in pigeonhole now.

Lol

i was just concurring with fhbh12 :smile:
most of us are pissed off with the tolls and vep. nobody likes to pay more.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of my ex-classmate who is a civil servant earning S$7000/month in Singapore always advised me not to buy any "shit" properties in JB in 2006 to 2007. He was staying in a HDB and taking MRT and had MBA. Loves talking down to me because MBA ma! and I dont even had ITE certs. . I got no choice but to buy in JB because I was poor and started a small business in Johor Bahru City Centre. Those were the times when Chinaman and Pinoy flooded our shores and competition was keen so as an uneducated local I got booted out. Thanks to JB where expenses were so low "like shit", I made some money and went on a buying spree over the years and slowly sell them away.

I came back with profits equivalent to 20+ years of his salary and he is still telling me JB houses are shit. To try not to make him malu, I tried to take cabs when we meet for makan.

Every meeting, he tell me the same old story since 2006. JB is Shit, Things are Shit. JB houses are shit. Everything about JB = Shit. Their water sell to Singapore also Shit. In short, JB = Shit.

Then I realise, some people are full of shit. Now they wont buy, 5 year later they wont buy. Forever they wont buy. Its best to choose your friends wisely in life.

Many thanks to Johor Bahru for accepting me when I am shit and my own govt ignored me for younger chaps from China and pinoy. Even if the prices there dropped by 90%, it wont affect me as I will retire and I am so used to the environment and Freedom. So next time someone say JB is shit, just laugh it off.

"High class" is a relative term, in shit hole JB, RM1m is high class.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't think I am in the same league of GCB owners leh. I feel so honoured. I am not poor now thanks to my investments but I am surely not rich like my bosses who stay in GCBs.

There are indeed investors I know who buy units in East Ledang, Ledang Heights, Puteri harbour etc who stay in GCB... just that they haven't got the need to stay there due to the jams issues

Exactly, Mr Puteriworld only buy some shit hole investments in JB, which he himself admits is less than the price of a 3 room flat in TPY and talks like he is in the same league as SG GCB club owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.