• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyyo no bro.

Sorry if I gv that impression.

And what agrees with me May not with you

Sometimes things get heated up.

But as long as v reconnect n chat again it's cool.

I hv a few Malaysian chi friends. They worked here before in SPORE refused to take PR, now back in KL and Dunn wanna work here again.

They love the freedom that Malaysia has or so they claim.

joking oni la bro ! u dinn't see the grinning face --> :biggrin:
i not so sentsitive one la... relax...

yarrr u right.. different people like different thing.. like for eg me i like law abiding, follow law, everything neat and tidy, ... but some otehrs prefer a bit relax not so tight law. i got KL friend who oso go back KL, now doing very well there..

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mostly likely before hair raya it will be implemented

Johor Sultan wants study on Friday, Saturday rest days for private sector

The Johor Ruler said that following the move to change the state's weekly off days recently, there have been complaints especially from parents working in the private sector.

"Parents working in the private sector have been complaining that they do not have enough time to spend with their children as they are forced to work on Friday.

"Due to this, I urge the state Government to study the suitability of synchronising the off days to Friday and Saturday for all sectors," he said when opening the second sitting of the state assembly on Thursday.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mostly likely before hair raya it will be implemented

Johor Sultan wants study on Friday, Saturday rest days for private sector

The Johor Ruler said that following the move to change the state's weekly off days recently, there have been complaints especially from parents working in the private sector.

"Parents working in the private sector have been complaining that they do not have enough time to spend with their children as they are forced to work on Friday.

"Due to this, I urge the state Government to study the suitability of synchronising the off days to Friday and Saturday for all sectors," he said when opening the second sitting of the state assembly on Thursday.

Fri will be a holiday for JB while SG is still working. It will drive up imported goods prices for SG. Coupled with fuel price increase n GST, the impact will be wide spread.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;uEgk1lA-SaM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEgk1lA-SaM&sns=em[/video]
Fri will be a holiday for JB while SG is still working. It will drive up imported goods prices for SG. Coupled with fuel price increase n GST, the impact will be wide spread.

Hudud law next? Like sultan of brunei. Pity those Ang mo lecturers at edu city. They will ask for transfer back to UK if they have to teach on Sundays.

Who dare to invest in iskandar any more.

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like a step back i hope the state govt will have the backbone not to accede to the Sultan's request.
Let the private sector determine the working hours. It's gonna create problems especially with those that have links across the Causeway.
Who else is going to invest there with such arbitrary rules which can change on a whim.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
4:45am this morning jammed at Tuas Checkpoint for a good 10 minutes. Heard Woodlands side 4am jam for 30 minutes already.

One chap in a Toyota Vio accelerated from behind and simply jumped Q like that inside the Tuas bay area. What a jerk. Expect to see more of such losers in Tuas checkpoints as they migrate over from Woodlands.

Today, I will officially write in a formal letter to ICA asking them to double the tolls in Tuas. $3.20 to and $3.20 fro is simply too cheap. I would recommend $10 in and $10 out and Malaysia side RM 25 in and RM 25 out. That means about S$50 per trip in and out of Tuas.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
4:45am this morning jammed at Tuas Checkpoint for a good 10 minutes. Heard Woodlands side 4am jam for 30 minutes already.

One chap in a Toyota Vio accelerated from behind and simply jumped Q like that inside the Tuas bay area. What a jerk. Expect to see more of such losers in Tuas checkpoints as they migrate over from Woodlands.

Today, I will officially write in a formal letter to ICA asking them to double the tolls in Tuas. $3.20 to and $3.20 fro is simply too cheap. I would recommend $10 in and $10 out and Malaysia side RM 25 in and RM 25 out. That means about S$50 per trip in and out of Tuas.

U should write to Mal auth instead.:rolleyes:

Jam + high toll fee = trap them.:p v good.

Last edited:

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal

Take it easy man, friend. 50 like way too much!

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like a step back i hope the state govt will have the backbone not to accede to the Sultan's request.
Let the private sector determine the working hours. It's gonna create problems especially with those that have links across the Causeway.
Who else is going to invest there with such arbitrary rules which can change on a whim.

Over there
you hv the agong, the fed people, the bumis
all hv their preferences

its not going to change not during our lifetime.

so better get used to it.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is a sad and happy side to iskandar jb
Sad, for many parents, sporeans or msians staying in iskandar
sending their children to spore sch, waking their poor kids up at 4am every day.
sch starts at 7.30am, this means 3 and half hr earlier.

happy for sporeans staying in cheaper and bigger houses as retirement homes.

i find the contrast quite meaningless as a human. arent we all supposed
to live a happy life because its only that short?

those phucking short years yet must suffer, why live?
thats why i promise myself i wont let my kids suffer.
not one bit. i will let them have my houses and my money.
and i will teach them to do the same to their kids.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
You really think the kids wake up 4am?? 4am I already see a few parents driving their kids into Coastal Highway. I think many wake up 3am plus. Those who wake up 4am leave house at 430am I say good luck to them at the custom. Sometimes I leave Singapore via Woodlands for late supper at 330am the jam is already forming at Woodlands. Tuas slightly better.. around 430am. So they want to be in time they better wake up 3am daily

The best life is those who work/study/live in JB and don't have to come to Singapore. But that is IF the Iskandar side got brilliant schools ( not international schools of course ) and sing dollar salary.

Best of both worlds. Then Custom will not have jam. Its sickening to be struck in Tuas at 430am daily nowadays for 10 minutes and having to deal with Q-cutters who migrate from woodlands.

there is a sad and happy side to iskandar jb
Sad, for many parents, sporeans or msians staying in iskandar
sending their children to spore sch, waking their poor kids up at 4am every day.
sch starts at 7.30am, this means 3 and half hr earlier.

happy for sporeans staying in cheaper and bigger houses as retirement homes.

i find the contrast quite meaningless as a human. arent we all supposed
to live a happy life because its only that short?

those phucking short years yet must suffer, why live?
thats why i promise myself i wont let my kids suffer.
not one bit. i will let them have my houses and my money.
and i will teach them to do the same to their kids.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Iskandar Living is really not for those with school going children. It is ideally meant for those who have children who are independent liao (like in army or uni locally or overseas or working) and have flexi working hours or winding down from their full time work. Better to keep the sg home (never sell it) . A few of my neighbours in MY are just doing that, becoming farmers , growing spices and papayas in their backyard. They come in and go as they like. Think they love tilling and toiling the ground and reliving their good old days maybe. LOLz

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Iskandar Living is really not for those with school going children. It is ideally meant for those who have children who are independent liao (like in army or uni locally or overseas or working) and have flexi working hours or winding down from their full time work. Better to keep the sg home (never sell it) . A few of my neighbours in MY are just doing that, becoming farmers , growing spices and papayas in their backyard. They come in and go as they like. Think they love tilling and toiling the ground and reliving their good old days maybe. LOLz

same, i got a neighboiur own a few units at my place in sg.. but he seldom around, gone to melaka become part time farmer..

Status
Not open for further replies.