• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sg govt equally greedy.

generally land sales come in only during bull runs.

Everybody knows there are mutual gains to be made if they work together. In Econs 101, it is called Comparative Advantage. But sigh......

Unfortunately, the Malaysian govt, both state and federal, is driven by greed. Extreme greed. They are afraid that the Iskandar growth is not sustainable and would prefer to kill the golden goose than to milk the cow slowly. "Grab the money while the mkt is hot! dunno how long its gonna last."

The way I see it, for Singaporeans, they shouldn't park too much money in Malaysia. Play play ok. Know what I mean? the Malaysian govt lacks the political will to do the right things for the country. they will NEVER get their act together. KL will NEVER be an alpha city. Not in my life time ay least. JB? Even worse. Probably not even in God's life time.

I know Singapore isn't the best place to live in now. Tough place for the middle class. But at least it is home. for me, it is the best place for me to bring up my kids. And that is all that matters.

Malaysia is still liveable (affordable) now cos they allow the PRCs and Viets and Thais and Pinoys and Indons and Banglas to do the crappy jobs. What if the crazy/stupid MY govt decides to turn nationalistic one day and chase away all the foreigners? Would Malaysia still be cheap? Would it still be worthwhile? I know it would be HELL for me! no chicks = no life!!!

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. It has to be redesigned.

one more thing with the increased security measures the whole process is slow.

I agree comprehensive redesigning with security built in is the way to go

I was one of them who got stuck/contributed to the jam around 3pm from JB to SG. I cleared it in 1 hr. It arose from the choke-point at Singapore side, which is the boot-inspection area. Almost all the booths at JB and SG were open. So the entire CIQ in SG has to be re-designed and re-built. More booths will not work at 1st link anymore.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Double Tree is really nice.

Tried d one at Houston, very nice.

New hotel Double tree by Hilton opening in JB in Jul 14

Published: Wednesday April 23, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Wednesday April 23, 2014 MYT 10:33:40 PM

Hotel names GM, still looking for staff

JOHOR BARU: Hilton Worldwide and DoubleTree by Hilton today announced the appointment of industry veteran Simon McGrath as the general manager of their second DoubleTree by Hilton hotel in Malaysia.

The DoubleTree by Hilton Johor Bahru is scheduled to open its doors in July 2014.

With the hotel nearing completion, a mass recruitment initiative will be held on April 21 and 23 to recruit front office team members and chefs.

Another recruitment event will be held on May 5 and 7 for the enlistment of F&B and housekeeping team members.

The brand’s commitment to the development of individuals can also be seen by a recent initiative by Hilton Worldwide.

At the 2014 World Economic Forum’s Annual Meeting, Hilton Worldwide announced its global commitment that aims to impact at least one million young people by 2019 by helping them to reach their full potential.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Community/2014/04/23/Hotel-names-GM-still-looking-for-staff/

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
My only gripe with CPF Board is the miserable interest rate on my CPF. The CPF scheme is good in the sense it makes the person responsible for his/her own retirement, rather than relying fully on tax payers subsidise it.

let say..if out of work for 1 yr, he'll owe cpf 7k.:p

Last edited:

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting. Singtel was fined $6million for service outage

M1 also kena for service outage.

But sometime back i kena U mobile outage (for data).

I called their customer service several times and each time they kept pushing forward the service restoration time

In MSia cannot complain one.

Like in Spore we complain for everything and raise a hue and cry for everything...

Must learn to survive somehow out there.

Anyway so why did i get my UMobile.

Cause my Maxis played me out.

They have very basic to no 3g coverage near Taman Anggerik/Impian Emas side.

But i din know this until i googled it.

In fact Digi which is a slower, yet more expensive network was more reliable.

So when i got the Umobile sim i was pretty happy coz although it was not cheap it was pretty FAST.

But the service outage broke my confidence in them.

I have given up on Maxis. coz they said that they can restore the situation or correct the technical fault by July 2014.

OMG!!!

And there is no guarantee of restoration by July 2014 either.

A simple google will show there are cases where service has not been restored for a long long time.

And patchy coverage at other places.

Now can Maxis get away with something like this in Singapore?

Definitely not.

Anyway the solution for me lies in having SIM cards of 2-3 service providers coz thats Malaysia

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems that many shops in Medini mall are struggling and some have closed. Can anyone verify?

I think it is difficult for shops to depend on weekend crowd from Singapore for survival, without local support on weekdays. And likely there will be more integrated malls+condos in Medini.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems that many shops in Medini mall are struggling and some have closed. Can anyone verify?

I think it is difficult for shops to depend on weekend crowd from Singapore for survival, without local support on weekdays. And likely there will be more integrated malls+condos in Medini.

driving around west of HH, there is hardly any traffic. not surprised business is not sustainable. however, i passed anjung last sunday and there was quite a lot of people shopping at mydin. however i couldn't find any shop selling PORK so i didn't eat anything there.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
driving around west of HH, there is hardly any traffic. not surprised business is not sustainable. however, i passed anjung last sunday and there was quite a lot of people shopping at mydin. however i couldn't find any shop selling PORK so i didn't eat anything there.

Pigs r very scare of u... Probably u r a cantonese who likes roast pork with crispy skin or e red char siew.

I have never been to Anjung but by being next to e international schools n landed properties, business seems decent.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pigs r very scare of u... Probably u r a cantonese who likes roast pork with crispy skin or e red char siew.

I have never been to Anjung but by being next to e international schools n landed properties, business seems decent.

nope hak-ngin. think the singapore kopitiam branch is there, is halal food. the nasi goreng kampung not bad <10RM per plate.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

eat kui ba..la :p
kfc.jpg

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting. Singtel was fined $6million for service outage

M1 also kena for service outage.

But sometime back i kena U mobile outage (for data).

I called their customer service several times and each time they kept pushing forward the service restoration time

In MSia cannot complain one.

Like in Spore we complain for everything and raise a hue and cry for everything...

Must learn to survive somehow out there.

Anyway so why did i get my UMobile.

Cause my Maxis played me out.

They have very basic to no 3g coverage near Taman Anggerik/Impian Emas side.

But i din know this until i googled it.

In fact Digi which is a slower, yet more expensive network was more reliable.

So when i got the Umobile sim i was pretty happy coz although it was not cheap it was pretty FAST.

But the service outage broke my confidence in them.

I have given up on Maxis. coz they said that they can restore the situation or correct the technical fault by July 2014.

OMG!!!

And there is no guarantee of restoration by July 2014 either.

A simple google will show there are cases where service has not been restored for a long long time.

And patchy coverage at other places.

Now can Maxis get away with something like this in Singapore?

Definitely not.

Anyway the solution for me lies in having SIM cards of 2-3 service providers coz thats Malaysia

I have a post paid plan with U Mobile and it is good. No problem for the last 2 years at all.

They even credit me with 5 RM as a token of apppreciation for my patience while some service maintenance is going on and some enquiry feature is not available. But no problem with data usage at all.:wink:

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
nope hak-ngin. think the singapore kopitiam branch is there, is halal food. the nasi goreng kampung not bad <10RM per plate.

Are you refering to Killiney kopitiam? Price is quite standard. May consider cheap if eat it in the city area but expensive compare to places as mentioned above.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will dig e foundation as well. Maybe can find gold bars n biscuit tins. :p

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.asiaone.com/news/malaysia/wong-ah-fook-mansion-owner-breaks-silence

Based on the article and some google check on hectare to sq feet conversion, Wong Ah Fook mansion's land cost is worth RM 633 per sq ft (assume no built-up). Not bad at all man.... I would demolish it too, if I am the owner. Not that the owner needs the money anyway from the looks of it.....

exactly. plus the mansion is a dump and read somewhere got squatter and drug addicts there.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
He he I love roast pork too with crispy skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.