• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Clear on the Malaysian side after Singapore customs.

Think likely people rushing for holiday up north for the long weekend probably.. Singapore custom cannot handle. They should really start on the MRT line into Johor.. This is getting ridiculous.

The junior staff were faulted for allowing some people to slip through. It is a systemic issue and those on top should take the blame for under-designing and under-staffing the checkpoints. From these incidents, it is tougher to recruit immigration officers.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has no incentives really to resolve this issue. Outflow of capital... Malaysia needs to throw in more sweeteners after surrendering the Tanjong Pajor Railway Station...

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I kinda agree. There has to have some incentive for Singapore to ease the flow of traffic.
But this rate the outflow of capital looks to be pretty severe.
So many Singaporeans pouring money into properties over the Causeway.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.starproperty.my/index.ph...ld-building-torn-down-in-middle-of-the-night/

Why so secretive? The profits from the sale must be too high to resist.

if i'm the owner and the price of land shooting up, i also sure tear down. why? becos if becomes conservation building, likely i have to fork out money to rebuild and maintain it! so tear down, problem solved. yes, it's sad, but i can see it from the point of view of the owners. :(
btw, they didn't do anything wrong. the building not conserved yet, it's private land, so they demolish it

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
If gazetted to be heritage building wouldn't the Govt bear the cost of rebuilding and maintaining the building?

Too bad. But But least old and decrepit has no place in the pursuit of progress in Johor apparently. LKY would have been proud. Haha.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
If gazetted to be heritage building wouldn't the Govt bear the cost of rebuilding and maintaining the building?

Too bad. But But least old and decrepit has no place in the pursuit of progress in Johor apparently. LKY would have been proud. Haha.

frankly, i don't know how it work in malaysia as had nobody i know been through it. but knowing state govt, i would say with 99% certainty the house owners would have to fork out quite a sum, and probably cannot sell it? bcos of location land price has probly gone up, it's a rather big plot too. the house itself is decrepit. likely owners have to spend money to chase vagrants/drug users out, secure it, repaint, do structural integrity check.. etc etc. in the mean time cannot sell it due to uncertainty ofthe gazzetingprocess etc etc. big headache. idealism always turns to pragmatism when a lot of money is involved

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I kinda agree. There has to have some incentive for Singapore to ease the flow of traffic.
But this rate the outflow of capital looks to be pretty severe.
So many Singaporeans pouring money into properties over the Causeway.

It the market flow issue.

When i can get something which is 3x cheaper there then in Singapore. Naturally, i spend my money there. Look at the WP work holders who brave Jams day in day out, why are they doing this ? Reason is because they can earn 3X more salary here in Singapore then in JB itself easily.

An experience clerk in JB earn around 1800RM. Why should they not travel here to work when a fresh out of school clerk can easily command $1400 singkie dollar per month ? Only thing is that the outflow of Capital greater then inflow of capital.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today Woodlands very cui, I experienced what this person did.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...irly-at-woodlands-checkpoint-compared-to-cars

Reached Singapore checkpoint at 6.10am, normally a 20min customs clearance, but that officer refuse to let me pass him and diverted me to a bottlenecked area. But less than 5 seconds after I looked back he opened up for the "late comers" to enter. I end up spending 1hr20min inching my bike through the jam-packed bike area, late for work by 30min, pay $2 for 2 ERP. ICA super inefficient and ineffective!:mad:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I kena this at Tuas checkpoint 5am plus a few times.

U Q all the way and when the new block is opened, new comers simple breeze to the new block.. old birds like me gota continue waiting to be cleared.

So its not that motors are discriminated.

Today Woodlands very cui, I experienced what this person did.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...irly-at-woodlands-checkpoint-compared-to-cars

Reached Singapore checkpoint at 6.10am, normally a 20min customs clearance, but that officer refuse to let me pass him and diverted me to a bottlenecked area. But less than 5 seconds after I looked back he opened up for the "late comers" to enter. I end up spending 1hr20min inching my bike through the jam-packed bike area, late for work by 30min, pay $2 for 2 ERP. ICA super inefficient and ineffective!:mad:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
jams these days unpredictable

Last week i wanted to go in in the afternoon on tuesday.

It was jammed both ways....

Im talking of woodlands

Gone are the happier days when 1030am - 5pm used to be jam-free on both sides of the causeway on weekends. A jam that time is rare. Now, no jam is rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.