• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact remains the rulers and planners lacked foresight and planning.

Just look at the roads..... They are being upgraded now!!! Only coz Foreign investment is pouring in.

Else? Their citizens can live like that ah? What kinda govt that?

Rain Water Harvesting is Basic common sense and actively practised.

Why dun homes be forced to harvest rain water?

Why are Townships not being forced to harvest rain water? I can give examples where this is being done.

Coz under Patronage system profits must be maximised!!

They knew there was climate change, unpredictable weather patterns and yet decided to do nothing in the hope that All will be well somehow.

Any basic analysis will reveal Johor and even JB to large extents as a Kampung until recently when Singapore investments poured in.

In fact all we need is to detour a lil and go inside many of the Tamans to see the slum like living the Govt has fostered .... you can politely call it Kampung living ..... something even China and India would be surprised at.

All development was KL.

The country was KL.

Even Penang, Melaka.... had been left to themselves for a very long time!!!!

Look at the local buses and one will know.

Yet the govt thrives..... and survives!!!!!

When i look at this write out, i think when you compare them with our Singkie Government. They are world apart. Singkie government wins hands down in everything and every department. What i have experience is that, specially living in Singapore. One has to be flexible enough to accomodate what ever shit government throws at you in the name of country's development and long term future. The money always flow their way and into their pockets.

If you look at my friend's prespective who is JB people and from a woman's point of view. They think PAP government is like God. God send from heaven for people's salvation. To them yes, they are allow to earn super salary and they spend themselves mad in Malaysia. If PAP didn't allow them in with such lax employment law and migration, you think they will sing the song of PAP ?

So , depending on who and what you look at and how you look at it. I think majority of the people here are sick and tired of what PAP government throw at them. They decide to move on.

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am thinking of buying a used dishwasher from Singapore for my JB house. Anyone tried before? Would there be any issue transporting it by car through MY customs? Should look cool or act blur when driving through customs?:p

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am thinking of buying a used dishwasher from Singapore for my JB house. Anyone tried before? Would there be any issue transporting it by car through MY customs? Should look cool or act blur when driving through customs?:p

Come out with a recipt that state used dish washer RM80/= , at customs show them and at most pay tax for it , at most is 20 to 30 ringit .

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are sufficient instances to show singaporeans conned in JB

Including me ..... @ d great car shop?

Do I need to show respect?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bukit Indah 2 has Hong Leong Bank? I thought it is located near the Bestmart/KSL office?

Okay, back to using desktop to see the Facebook. Yes, this is near the newer area roundabout. Theft, not too bad. There are tons of these in Singapore's multi-storey carpark.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bukit Indah 2 has Hong Leong Bank? I thought it is located near the Bestmart/KSL office?

Okay, back to using desktop to see the Facebook. Yes, this is near the newer area roundabout. Theft, not too bad. There are tons of these in Singapore's multi-storey carpark.

Anyway, just be careful about leaving items visible on the car seats. It is easy to steal things in Malaysia and get away with it.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets put it this way.... facts r facts....

There r enough outsiders who behave as arseholes in spore n enough sporeans who behave as arseholes outsides.

Lets leave this outsider respect stuff @ d door for lack of a more polite term

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with u.

TC rates r going up.

Crap thrown @ us.

But v cant do anything

When i look at this write out, i think when you compare them with our Singkie Government. They are world apart. Singkie government wins hands down in everything and every department. What i have experience is that, specially living in Singapore. One has to be flexible enough to accomodate what ever shit government throws at you in the name of country's development and long term future. The money always flow their way and into their pockets.

If you look at my friend's prespective who is JB people and from a woman's point of view. They think PAP government is like God. God send from heaven for people's salvation. To them yes, they are allow to earn super salary and they spend themselves mad in Malaysia. If PAP didn't allow them in with such lax employment law and migration, you think they will sing the song of PAP ?

So , depending on who and what you look at and how you look at it. I think majority of the people here are sick and tired of what PAP government throw at them. They decide to move on.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal

BI has it own hong Leong bank branch.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah, how to cough up such a receipt? Buying from another person, not shop.

Ask friend to get a standard receipt from book shop , anyhow write can already. How custom can verify such thing? If question you tell them you buy from kalonguni man . .. receipt maciam kalonguni style .

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chewing is the main culprit. Ex. sweets, gum..:biggrin:

You mean I ate too many sweets and so need the root canal? No lah, my front tooth was traumatised by a fall during childhood. According to my company dentist a few years ago, I had to remove the dead nerves inside if not may infect the brain someday. Haha I also wonder was he exaggerating becos another dentist subsequently said actually no need to do the root canal and could have left it alone..

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone estimate the travelling time needed if I drop my schoolgoing son at JB sentral and he take a public bus across to Woodlands mrt in the morning and also what time is the first bus? About how long is the queue (for those taking public transport) at both immigrations for early morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.