• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
water is cheap in msia , thats y can see how wasteful the ppl has been doing . rationing is good , in a way they will learn water is precious.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
(新山26日讯)国家水务委员会资料显示,柔州13个水坝中,有2个的水位达致危险水平,若干旱天气持续,不排除扩大分区制水范围。
http://www.jbtalks.cc/thread-1506899-1-1.html

柔州民联代表今日与国家委员会局长苏果会面,並在之后向媒体转述当局所提供的讯息。

出席会议的包括民主行动党明吉摩区州议员陈泓宾、公正党武吉峇都区州议员潘伟斯、公正党全国副总秘书钟少云及伊斯兰柔州副主席祖基菲里。

钟少云表示,一行人获得国家水务委员会柔州局长苏果接见,並匯报近期柔州水供情况。

扩大制水范围

他指出,根据苏果所提供的资料,柔州共有13个水坝,目前只有森布隆东区及丰盛港贞鹅(Cengok)水坝情况令人担忧。

「其中,贞鹅水坝水位下降至4.67公尺,已接近危险水平,供应森布隆东区滤水站的森布隆河水位也只达0.1公尺。」

他指出,目前只有居鑾县进行分区制水,若旱天持续,当局不排除扩大制水范围。

钟少云说,根据当局的预估,目前柔州水坝还可应付2个月的水供需求,同时当局预测最早柔州將于3月第2週迎来降雨,最迟则可至3月尾或4月初。

他说,根据苏果匯报,目前全柔供有12辆水槽车进行配水工作,一旦情况恶化,柔州將向私人水务单位及消拯局,借调水槽车进行配水作业。

陈泓宾说,他在场建议国家水务委员会及柔州水务公司通过政府网站发佈水供情况,让人民可以做好准备。

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drought is likely to persist until mid-March. So get ready for water rationing in Johor. After which if it extends until end March, then get ready for water rationing in Singapore.

I shall take this opportunity to increase the water conversation tax again! yeh..~ :p

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drought is likely to persist until mid-March. So get ready for water rationing in Johor. After which if it extends until end March, then get ready for water rationing in Singapore.

If that is the case, i won't be able to enjoy my regular car wash. So sad. I just fall in love with JB car wash.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact remains the rulers and planners lacked foresight and planning.

Just look at the roads..... They are being upgraded now!!! Only coz Foreign investment is pouring in.

Else? Their citizens can live like that ah? What kinda govt that?

Rain Water Harvesting is Basic common sense and actively practised.

Why dun homes be forced to harvest rain water?

Why are Townships not being forced to harvest rain water? I can give examples where this is being done.

Coz under Patronage system profits must be maximised!!

They knew there was climate change, unpredictable weather patterns and yet decided to do nothing in the hope that All will be well somehow.

Any basic analysis will reveal Johor and even JB to large extents as a Kampung until recently when Singapore investments poured in.

In fact all we need is to detour a lil and go inside many of the Tamans to see the slum like living the Govt has fostered .... you can politely call it Kampung living ..... something even China and India would be surprised at.

All development was KL.

The country was KL.

Even Penang, Melaka.... had been left to themselves for a very long time!!!!

Look at the local buses and one will know.

Yet the govt thrives..... and survives!!!!!

Last edited:

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about rationing in my growing up years there was water shortage and i faced water rationing to the point of no water for 15 Days at times!!!

Hard Truth!

But we lived by it. Learnt to appreciate water as precious.

And lest anyone thinks that i dun waste water in Spore coz its expensive, i have homes elsewhere and i dun allow my kids to waste water there either... Where the water bill is just $3 - 5 a month.

And my maids who have no access to water in their home towns waste water generously despite politely reminding them a million times.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forum .... all goes....

everything someone says is education to some and crap to others..

Take as much as you want and dun read if you dun wan.

Flame if you want or dun flame if you dun wan.

Choice is urs.:rolleyes:

Am I in 生活教育 class? :p

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forum .... all goes....

everything someone says is education to some and crap to others..

Take as much as you want and dun read if you dun wan.

Flame if you want or dun flame if you dun wan.

Choice is urs.:rolleyes:

I agree with you, find your sharing about root canal and costs very educational and interesting haha..

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly I find their roads are not that bad, especially in consideration the road tax is only Rm90 or so for small cars. The dry spell is once or first time in many years and they always have sufficient rain so unprepared lor. Actually their govt is not so bad lah, they pay Rm1 medical fee and get decent healthcare, at least the medicine is private sector standard as what I read in newspaper and from what I heard also.

The fact remains the rulers and planners lacked foresight and planning.

Just look at the roads..... They are being upgraded now!!! Only coz Foreign investment is pouring in.

Else? Their citizens can live like that ah? What kinda govt that?

Rain Water Harvesting is Basic common sense and actively practised.

Why dun homes be forced to harvest rain water?

Why are Townships not being forced to harvest rain water? I can give examples where this is being done.

Coz under Patronage system profits must be maximised!!

They knew there was climate change, unpredictable weather patterns and yet decided to do nothing in the hope that All will be well somehow.

Any basic analysis will reveal Johor and even JB to large extents as a Kampung until recently when Singapore investments poured in.

In fact all we need is to detour a lil and go inside many of the Tamans to see the slum like living the Govt has fostered .... you can politely call it Kampung living ..... something even China and India would be surprised at.

All development was KL.

The country was KL.

Even Penang, Melaka.... had been left to themselves for a very long time!!!!

Look at the local buses and one will know.

Yet the govt thrives..... and survives!!!!!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Root canal treatment only without crown....but it still seems like a good deal...

Actually $300 for root canal treatment in Spore is a good deal too, I have done one a few years ago, not sure the price as it was paid by company dental but it was more than that. My company didn't cover crown and so I don't have the crown too haha. But what Gardener said is true, heard from some dentist that need a crown as the tooth may crack or break after sometime if not protected after root canal. But there are also dentist who say it is okay like my dentist. He said as long as take care not to bite on hard stuff should be okay. But mine is front tooth so not sure whether it is applicable to the back ones. Front tooth is a bit more tricky as need the better grade material if not very ugly with exposed metal, something like that can't really recall. So if you not doing the crown have to take care not to bite on too hard foodstuff.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
25 February 2014| last updated at 10:08PM

Withdrawal of medical subsidy for foreigners, a boon for locals

KUALA LUMPUR: The government could be saving RM100 million a year if foreigners were to pay full charges at government hospitals which could in turn be utilised to further improve medical services.
National Council of Professors (NCP) Medical and Health Sciences Cluster head, Professor Datuk Dr Mohd Amin Jalaludin said better medical services would benefit locals as government hospital and clinic rates are subsidised as much as 98 per cent.

Dr Mohd Amin, who is also Universiti Malaya (UM) vice-chancellor, described the move of withdrawing medical subsidy for foreigners as appropriate as government medical services are among the best.

"Medical services are expensive because our hospitals have the latest and most sophisticated equipment, apart from investing in research," he told Bernama here today.

He said foreigners should be alerted of the matter when they enter the country.

Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr S. Subramaniam yesterday announced that foreigners would have to bear full treatment charges at government clinics and hospitals nationwide.

Foreigners, according to him, are currently charged between 30 to 40 per cent of the full cost and that the new measure was expected to help the government save up to RM100 million a year.

Meanwhile, NCP Economic and Management Cluster deputy head Professor Dr Ishak Yussof agreed that the amount saved could be ploughed back to benefit tax payers in terms of cheaper charges or other public amenities, including the education system.

He added that the measure was also in line with the government's objective of ensuring subsidy reached target groups.

"Removing the low medical charges for foreigners is easier to implement as they need to be registered before obtaining services at government hospitals.

"This is easier to carry out than controlling petrol subsidy as we are still looking for a suitable mechanism (for that)...Do we want each buyer to show his identity card when filling petrol?," he asked.

National Association of Employment Agencies (Pikap) president Datuk Raja Zulkepley Dahalan said withdrawing the cheap rates did not mean Malaysia was denying foreigners obtaining good medical services here.

He also supported the move as foreign worker medical benefits was the responsibility of the employer who should ensure each worker is covered by accident and medical insurance.

"In fact, the law requires them to take up a Foreign Worker Hospitalisation and Surgical Insurance Scheme which offers protection of up to RM10,000 annually with yearly premium at RM120," he said.

In this regard, he hoped employers would not take lightly their obligation to take up insurance coverage for their workers.

Malaysian Trade Union Congress (MTUC) president Khalid Atan said the move should have been taken long ago as such measures had been in place in other countries and Malaysians residing there were not exempted from taking health insurance.

However, he said he hoped enforcement could be carried out to ensure employers did not shirk their responsibilities in financing the medical cost of workers when foreign workers face higher rates after this.

"At the current rate, MTUC is still receiving many complaints by foreigners that their employers failed to pay their medical cost or gave compensation for injuries sustained when working.

"We should be humane as well...remember that they came here to find better opportunities and contribute to the development of our country," he said. - BERNAMA

Read more: Withdrawal of medical subsidy for foreigners, a boon for locals - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/withdr...ners-a-boon-for-locals-1.493016#ixzz2uXjiZS5w

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow I thought it is 23m but already 30m people!

There are 30 million Malaysians as of today

PETALING JAYA: The 30-millionth Malaysian would be born at about 2am today.

According to the population clock of the Statistics Department, monitored by The Star Online, there is a baby born every minute. This makes it 60 babies every hour.

The estimate, however, does not take into account the country’s death rate.

The department projects a nearly 39 million population in Malaysia by 2040; with about 19.6 million males and nearly19 million females.

The 2040 population is expected to be made up of Malays (20.9 million), other bumiputra citizens (5.2 million), Chinese (7.1 million), Indians (2.3 million) and others (240,000).

The non-Malaysian population is expected to increase to 2.3 million.

As of 2010, the country’s population was made up of the bumiputra group (67.4%), Chinese (24.6%), Indians (7.3%) and others (0.7%).

On Sunday, Deputy Women, Family and Community Development Minister Datuk Azizah Mohd Dun said by 2030, it was expected that 15% of the Malaysian population would consist of senior citizens.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/02/27/There-are-30-million-Malaysians-as-of-today/

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly I find their roads are not that bad, especially in consideration the road tax is only Rm90 or so for small cars. The dry spell is once or first time in many years and they always have sufficient rain so unprepared lor. Actually their govt is not so bad lah, they pay Rm1 medical fee and get decent healthcare, at least the medicine is private sector standard as what I read in newspaper and from what I heard also.
Yes, for the price you pay the medical is really good. The folks goes to the government hospital to get the investigation done then bring the results bad to their private doctors. In a big country and the tamans are privately build the local municipal plays a big part. Just look at the land and property tax which go to the municipal, it is really great they could keep the place going.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Give them the respect (tiger!!), not kpkb them. Think this is fundamental manners, as an outsider. :smile:

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually $300 for root canal treatment in Spore is a good deal too, I have done one a few years ago, not sure the price as it was paid by company dental but it was more than that. My company didn't cover crown and so I don't have the crown too haha. But what Gardener said is true, heard from some dentist that need a crown as the tooth may crack or break after sometime if not protected after root canal. But there are also dentist who say it is okay like my dentist. He said as long as take care not to bite on hard stuff should be okay. But mine is front tooth so not sure whether it is applicable to the back ones. Front tooth is a bit more tricky as need the better grade material if not very ugly with exposed metal, something like that can't really recall. So if you not doing the crown have to take care not to bite on too hard foodstuff.

Chewing is the main culprit. Ex. sweets, gum..:biggrin:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.