• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Would Legoland Boost the Real Estate Prices in Iskandar?

Wah! Read all the postings from where I left off last week. Very 'mak siab' already.

Anyway, nice photo on legoland in 'Johor General Pics'. Thanks to Gin for the contributions. :smile:

Hi cathy, what is mak siab, pardon my poor language skills.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Thank you Fund Transfer for sharing the above.

Some members have been wondering/doubting how a theme park can push property prices nearby.
My own explanation here so far is definitely not convincing to many since it's based on my own opinion.
Luckily, the above article highlighted that starting a place with theme park is already a proven method to push property prices up.

Agree, he is alway very helpful, well read and well connected. :smile:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thank you sir, ever so helpful. Oh i see, my wife is Teochew but i never heard her saying that though, must learn.

Can also be tired eye. Maybe your wife will say 'arh no dou koong liao'....(children sleepy already!)

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Speaking of sleepy, called wife and she told me son sleeping now and they are waiting to watch Ice Age 4. My sons favourite.
Bought a legoland telescope for him earlier in the weekend, its his favourite toy right now.

Orr...lor ng har? :smile:

I suppose u bought the telescope from Legoland?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Orr...lor ng har? :smile:

I suppose u bought the telescope from Legoland?

After reading your post again, i understand now what mak siab means. Eye tired - IMHO, its still better than kiam siab any day as it cannot be easily treated. :smile:

Let me try:
Le tia wa ta, yi nang gim mi ai kua hi, he leh wo dua chion eh he. Ke hi hnn kua.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks.

Anyway my friends are just looking around - they are not looking at buying a property. But they are certainly impressed with the developments in JB.

Yes, seriously impressive. A learned friend from Penang came by recently, its no longer Malaysia Boleh for him, he now says Malaysia Bagus!! :smile:
Of course, things may still go down south (i know, the "curb your enthusiasm!" team) but its really exciting to see things taking shape.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
After reading your post again, i understand now what mak siab means. Eye tired - IMHO, its still better than kiam siab any day as it cannot be easily treated. :smile:

Let me try:
Le tia wa ta, yi nang gim mi ai kua hi, he leh wo dua chion eh he. Ke hi hnn kua.

Le tia wa ta, yi nang gim meh ai toi hi, ......................... Ke hi hnn toi.

Not bad already. 90% accurate. :biggrin:

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, seriously impressive. A learned friend from Penang came by recently, its no longer Malaysia Boleh for him, he now says Malaysia Bagus!! :smile:
Of course, things may still go down south (i know, the "curb your enthusiasm!" team) but its really exciting to see things taking shape.

Heard from one of the setia staff. He said there are a lot of people who came from Sabah recently. Stay in JB work in Singapore. I think its good news for those who are into rental now.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also know one Teo Chew phrase.. Correct me if wrong...

"tio Jiu Lang, Kah Churn ang ang!!"

Tio bo?

Sorry juz now power off.

I think you mean this one:-

[video=youtube;ImlLEBPOq8U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlLEBPOq8U[/video]

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I also know one Teo Chew phrase.. Correct me if wrong...

"tio Jiu Lang, Kah Churn ang ang!!"

Tio bo?

At time i do fetch some guest fm Shantou (Swatow).

When i speak simple Teochew like " Le Swatow lai huh. Mai keh ki hor. Teochew nang..Kaki nang kaki nang"....n they tink i am a Chinese Teochew..:smile:

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When i speak simple Teochew like " Le Swatow lai huh. Mai keh ki hor. Teochew nang..Kaki nang kaki nang"....n they tink i am a Chinese Teochew..:smile:

Wow! Power Siol. Ini coming from a Malay friend :biggrin:

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well done.. I am impressed. Next time you tried telling them "Teo Jiu Lang, kar churn Ang Ang.." see whether they will love you to death!

rw6akr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is my negative experience with U Dental at Bukit Indah.
1. Price looks very attractive compared to similar services in Singapore.
2. Deposit of 1,500 RM was given for the implant to be installed for my wife.
3. Nearest appointment is not immediate as they need to prepare tools / arrange a doctor. She has missed the appointment and cancellation fee in accordance with provided agreement is 300 RM (well, a bit excessive but let's assume it to be our fault).
4. Next visit can't be scheduled immediately and by the time we are finally ready with a decision to cancel the treatment (she is quite scared of such a surgery) the response given by the dentist is that refund of the deposit couldn't be done after 16 day from payment.
5. Final result, no services were provided at all (partly it is our fault) and 1,500 RM has gone...

Is there any formal way to recover those costs in Malaysia (consumer rights association, legal or similar) and are there any laws that can regulate if those 16 days for the return of deposit is an adequate term?

Your comments would be highly appreciated.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really regret not getting the Legoland annual pass now...recommended it to frens and colleagues and all of them bought it...

Nevermind, still can find offers from Deal.com.sg. Now they having promotions for Legoland and Hello Kitty.

$75 for legoland include return coach and "dinner at one of the restaurants at Johor Premium Outlets".
http://www.deal.com.sg/deals/singap...Way-Air-Con-Coach-2-Way-Coach-Transfer-Sumptu

$69.90 for Hello Kitty include return coach and dinner too.
http://www.deal.com.sg/deals/singap...-Coach-Optional-Visit-to-Johor-Premium-Outlet

Status
Not open for further replies.