• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is another Shell near Perling and also another one near Perling Mall. Nearby Sutera mall, there is also one.
For me, i swear by BHP petrol, works for me so far. Diesel, i use mainly Esso.

so far never tried bhp... is it that good? i have been pumping shell.
just now i needed to top up my tng... so pump at petronas... mistake... the turbo like leak gas like that :confused:

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Originally Posted by whoami
I thought SW is facing afternoon sun. Bely bely hot leh. Correct me if i am wrong.

Got to agree with u on "resale" units. Of course tere are pros and cons. One pay premium for the unit plus all those legal/agent/ etc etc costs. Been couple of years now. I had missed alot of opportunities in getting a unit.
If u notice land size and its price doesnt match nowadays. Getting smaller but the prices went up. Remind me of those Pigeon resale homes in red dot. But JB houses are different. Its FREEHOLD!

Nowadays whenever I look at following link

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.p...Malaysia/page2

I feel so happy for u guys/gals. But at the same time my heart bleeds.

----------------------------------

So sorry bro whoami, i thought you must have went ahead and did something by now as you are an old forummer, if you need any assistance, just PM me.

some developers have stopped absorbing those costs.. imo, these bring the costs nearer.
besides, resale units that are renovated will save you the costs further, if there are minimal touch-up required.
i just found one.. hopefully all goes well..

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, i am glad for you. Some sites will just state based on the BLR rate while you can get a discount from the banks normally.
Let us know how it goes.

yes.. spoke to the agent.. it is based on the BLR then discounted with the fixed rate throughout the loan tenure period.
eg. the discount is 2%, then BLR-2%.

thanks for the guide bro. else i'd really look blur throughout :wink:

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definitely, always a lot of Myvi's will try to overtake and smaller cars even, i always let them unless someone seriously piss me off.
Even then with wife and kids in car, i will not bother usually.

200 is fast for us family guys, i only do this to test my cars after making performance tweaks or additions and even then on a straight road and with few cars around. Yes always, 200 is not fast enough for some guys. Ever saw someone doing 250 at least, can't remember the make of the car, it was going so fast at night.

Funny incident:
One time, a Kancil was trying to overtake my wife, there was such a loud roar from their engine and i was half expecting the Kancil to shoot pass us. Nothing though, after 10 seconds of heavy revving, it was still way behind us. After 20 seconds and a lot of roaring, my wife was still way ahead (still within legal speed limits)

Back then, my wife put out her hand and waved in a friendly manner to him to stop trying.

that's a good one. kancil 不自量力.. probably got a turbo inside.
btw, the lexus that makan me was a ls600. even the tyres were so fat..

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulations.. Just wonder which development is that? To see if I can find any neighbour?

okay... i just got home.. found one i really like, corner unit with turf, fully furnished (without furniture though) and importantly, way within my budget :biggrin:
and more coincidentally, from the 2 fengshui books i read, the door direction is a direct match to my my birth year:wink:

the agent told me if i want, i should open a check 2% of the total asking price, and addressed to the law firm.

i don't remember reading from earlier threads that 2% is the norm for deposits.. can anyone advice?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Originally Posted by whoami
I thought SW is facing afternoon sun. Bely bely hot leh. Correct me if i am wrong.

Got to agree with u on "resale" units. Of course tere are pros and cons. One pay premium for the unit plus all those legal/agent/ etc etc costs. Been couple of years now. I had missed alot of opportunities in getting a unit.
If u notice land size and its price doesnt match nowadays. Getting smaller but the prices went up. Remind me of those Pigeon resale homes in red dot. But JB houses are different. Its FREEHOLD!

Nowadays whenever I look at following link

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.p...Malaysia/page2

I feel so happy for u guys/gals. But at the same time my heart bleeds.

----------------------------------

So sorry bro whoami, i thought you must have went ahead and did something by now as you are an old forummer, if you need any assistance, just PM me.

My Mrs and me are on opp courts. One court is in Perak. And me is at JB. Has been trying to come to an agreement. Been taking years. Still no light yet at the end of the tunnel.

Your kind gesture would definitely be of great assistance to me when both of us come to a consensus which I really hope will be soon.

I will definitely ctc/PM u for help once i manage to knock some senses into my wife's head.

Tks bro Wuqi.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe you ask your Mrs how often she visit her home town in Perak..

I like Ipoh a lot.. but it is so far away even from KL.. unless you buy for rental.. but is the yield attractive in Perak?

If you get a property in Nusajaya, at least you can use it anytime.. less than an hour drive include custom clearance.. however if you want to retire with with relative in Perak, than it is definitely a good choice.. At the moment, Nusajaya is more "wang" than Ipoh right?

My Mrs and me are on opp courts. One court is in Perak. And me is at JB. Has been trying to come to an agreement. Been taking years. Still no light yet at the end of the tunnel.

Your kind gesture would definitely be of great assistance to me when both of us come to a consensus which I really hope will be soon.

I will definitely ctc/PM u for help once i manage to knock some senses into my wife's head.

Tks bro Wuqi.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
some developers have stopped absorbing those costs.. imo, these bring the costs nearer.
besides, resale units that are renovated will save you the costs further, if there are minimal touch-up required.
i just found one.. hopefully all goes well..

That depends whether the owner's taste and your taste is it the same ....
Also , you have to take note the upfront fees which you needs to pay if you are buying resale.
Its 1% not 2% to place a deposit for resale , slap yr agent! I hope he is not tat well know fat agent guy ....

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks Sis.. will watch out and be extra alert... :eek:

edit:
i was looking thru the posts, and noticed this, quoted
"In the end, owner accept 1% and the other 1% is kept by the agent. (He returned to the lawyer but i said you keep it first)..
It is because he told me that i got to pay his 1% agent fee during signing of the S&P.

The lawyer clarified that it is not true. We usually pay the 1% agent fee only after state approval..
No point paying the agent if the property is not going to be accepted. "

but from a google articles, it seems like only seller got to pay, not the buyer, and is stipulated by some Board.
is this true?

source:
http://www.realestateagent.com.my/realestateFAQ2.htm
"The board only allow vendor (Property Seller) to bear the fee."

http://www.homeguru.com.my/property-forum/as-a-buyer-should-i-pay-house-agent-comission-1335
"Estate agents can either be engaged by the Owner/Landlord or the Buyer/Tenant but estate agents cannot collect agency fees from both Owner/Landlord and Buyer/Tenant.If you are responding to the Estate Agent's property listing that is advertised then that Estate Agent is likely to have been engaged by the Owner/Landlord and a fee has been agreed to be paid by Owner/Landlord."

http://www.starproperty.my/PropertyGuide/Finance/1971/0/0
"If you are a buyer, engaging the services of a real estate agent will cost you nothing. This is because if the agent is retained by the seller, the seller will pay his commission upon a successfully-concluded transaction. Unless you appoint the agent as a buyer’s agent, you will not have to pay his fees. Even sellers are not required to pay the agent’s fees until he has successfully concluded a deal."

Last edited:

relaxmannn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to the UOA Property sales gallery yesterday at suntec tower one.

Looking at the property on ' One @ Bukit Ceylon' which located near to Bukit Bintang (5mins walk to Bukit Bingtang & Raja Chulan monorail station).
There is GRR 3yrs @ 6% + 2 yrs @ 8%.

Price for #15 with 930sft is as below.
List Price: RM1,309,800.
Less 5%: RM65,490.
SPA Price: RM1,244,310.
Price psf: RM1,338.

With GRR 3yrs @ 6%, price psf is RM1,097, which means the actual price is RM1,020,334. Furthermore, there is an option lease to continue another 2 yrs @ 8%.

Do you think this is a good investment in KL?

Kindly comment, thks.

rogue1109

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi josh88,

I've combed quite a bit of JB. Started my search at Austin Suites, then later to Leisure Farm, Setia Eco Garden, Sutera Utama, Setia Tropika, Kempas Heights and now looking eastwards.

I think the most difficult part of this whole process is trying to buy with my head. For obvious investment reasons, should buy one with rental potential but then after viewing so many property, it is hard not to be moved by certain locales and design.

Currently the east lacks big commercial build up and moving around can be a bit difficult due to the Sg Tebrau. But there's certain charm about the place, very kampung like. So that's my heart speaking lor.

There's a recent launch in Seri Alam called Bina Park. Prices seem quite attractive and very near to Park View. Will check that out this weekend. heh.

Just wondering if you have surveyed the areas further north such as Austin Hts, Setia Tropika, Adda Hts & Setia Eco Cascadia . Lots of amenities nearby these areas & prices are not as high HH . Also with the imminent opening of the EDL travelling time would be significantly reduced to about 10mins from the Johor CIQ.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err.... I dont feel the East lacks big commercial build-up leh. Austin, Tebrau, Johor Jaya, Molek, Permas all have a lot of commercial build-up. In fact, many locals dun like to live in the west precisely because they feel the west lacks the commercial build-up of the east, minus Sutera Utama; and of course because of the high prices in the west......

Hi josh88,

I've combed quite a bit of JB. Started my search at Austin Suites, then later to Leisure Farm, Setia Eco Garden, Sutera Utama, Setia Tropika, Kempas Heights and now looking eastwards.

I think the most difficult part of this whole process is trying to buy with my head. For obvious investment reasons, should buy one with rental potential but then after viewing so many property, it is hard not to be moved by certain locales and design.

Currently the east lacks big commercial build up and moving around can be a bit difficult due to the Sg Tebrau. But there's certain charm about the place, very kampung like. So that's my heart speaking lor.

There's a recent launch in Seri Alam called Bina Park. Prices seem quite attractive and very near to Park View. Will check that out this weekend. heh.

rogue1109

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess depends on where the east begins?

I would think that Austin, Tebrau, Johor Jaya, anywhere on the west of Sg Tebrau would belong to JB City development?

In that case, east would only have the Jusco in Permas... Anyway I'm not local so I could be wrong too. Heh.

Err.... I dont feel the East lacks big commercial build-up leh. Austin, Tebrau, Johor Jaya, Molek, Permas all have a lot of commercial build-up. In fact, many locals dun like to live in the west precisely because they feel the west lacks the commercial build-up of the east, minus Sutera Utama; and of course because of the high prices in the west......

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is another Shell near Perling and also another one near Perling Mall. Nearby Sutera mall, there is also one.
For me, i swear by BHP petrol, works for me so far. Diesel, i use mainly Esso.

Oh nearby Sutera Mall..is it further up if coming from Bestari? I went there that day and got a copy of their newsletter, it said that Sutera Mall is expanding soon, part of ground floor car park will be converted to retail space and a entertainment wing (cinema) and another wing for multi storey car park will be built. They're also going to set up a public library inside the mall (first in JB).

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I use BHP whenever possible but thats me. :smile:

One near Perling:
Perling Star
PTD 30504, Jalan Layang, Taman Perling, 81200 Johor

Just type in Johor. http://www.caltex.com/my/resources/station-finder/

Some quite far away:

BF Petro
Lot 7493, Mukim Pulai, Jalan Emas Putih 5, Taman Sri Skudai 81300 Skudai, Johor

Innovat Sdn Bhd