• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
i just try to explain Singaporean is better compare to malaysian whether stay in singapore or stay in malaysia, Malaysian is only better if work in singapore and stay in singapore/malaysia, my point is Singaporean have the advantage over malaysian.

That is why i said you are missing the point. We are not here to discuss which country man is more superior. We are talking about how to live and retire comfortably in a practical manner.

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Woah, movie scene from robin hood meh? The orang asli will be resettled leh, how about I go to rule your taman instead. U will be in good hand, I promise. Ngiak ngiak ngiak (if only u could see my face now) :p

actually i was thinking of the Ewoks worshipping C3PO LOL!
[video=youtube;YQFX2aEv3G8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQFX2aEv3G8[/video]

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we all know the difference and how blessed we are to have secondary option and do what we are doing/have done here. We never tried to undermine any Malaysian, nor did we criticize on the quality/pattern of life they have. We are all here for a common purpose, that is to improve our life. Why go on and on distinguishing both nations? And I believe we are also not here to brag about anything but it's all new to us and hence we are sharing what we have been sharing. It is undeniable that the living cost for Malaysian is indeed higher than Sg given the lower per capita income. These are all known issues and things are changing, albeit slowly. Just recently, news covered that the per capita income for Malaysian has risen and epf also have given out 6% dividend.

Long and short, I still don't quite understand what u r trying to tell us ...

i just try to explain Singaporean is better compare to malaysian whether stay in singapore or stay in malaysia, Malaysian is only better if work in singapore and stay in singapore/malaysia, my point is Singaporean have the advantage over malaysian.

If you work hard in Singapore, i don't see you live worst than a Malaysia eldery, let me know when Malaysia government do enough for the old people. Are we pity about those ppl spend more than 50% for their sport car, modify nice nice with gt wing, wear branded carry LV, and when they are old, they are most likely ppl fall into this cat that i mentioned, some of them is really unlucky due to no proper education and left behind, isn't this group of ppl have to work even harder as well, so also fall into this cat, do you think government should do enuf for them when they are aged, i don't see any of the forumer will fall into this cat, cos most of us work hard and think wisely, spend within our mean. Talking about retire early, is a luxury for most of the ppl, both in sg and m'sia. A lot of Malaysia will retired with 1 house + RM500k cash, will you? those work in Malaysia for RM5k, do u think they dare to think of retired early? those who work for SGD5k, i think they can easily retired in Malaysia if he can accept 1 house + RM500k.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot agree both sides leh, Either u r diplomatic or u r fickle minded :p

Wait, in your scenario, it's agree (plus) + agree (plus), so plus + plus is still plus. Okay, let u off :biggrin:

wicked math. u make my head bigger trying to figure out that. u wicked wicked dude, sure u charm and confuse alot of innocent gals with your tongue. :wink:

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we all know the difference and how blessed we are to have secondary option and do what we are doing/have done here. We never tried to undermine any Malaysian, nor did we criticize on the quality/pattern of life they have. We are all here for a common purpose, that is to improve our life. Why go on and on distinguishing both nations? And I believe we are also not here to brag about anything but it's all new to us and hence we are sharing what we have been sharing. It is undeniable that the living cost for Malaysian is indeed higher than Sg given the lower per capita income. These are all known issues and things are changing, albeit slowly. Just recently, news covered that the per capita income for Malaysian has risen and epf also have given out 6% dividend.

Long and short, I still don't quite understand what u r trying to tell us ...

Ai yah , in short he is saying we shouldnt be complaining , and be thankful what Singapore has done for the citizen . Where else Malaysia have done little to help the chinese Malaysian , hence Malaysian is actually the dis-advantage party . So is kind of the grass is greener at the opposite side situation lah .

Last edited:

hillside

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, a lot of ppl here can qualify la, don't be lazy, google for more info, if not qualify, the macs is equally good, imagine Singapore issue something like macs and allow foreigner to work or set up business in Singapore, is better than work permit, i not so sure about how it work, perhaps you can check with some of the bro here who set up business in M'sia without MM2H, it can be done.

Don't look down bangha la, they cannot apply lah, is the well to do Singaporean or Business man apply for them, in fact today News/Business time write about many Singaporean business man blame gahmen of reduce quota for bangha, imagine if bro you are the 1 who own the factory or construction firm, i doubt you will say that, do you know how many Malaysian is desperate for bangha worker, how they wish m'sia gahmen can grant more working permit for bangha, they even take the risk to employ illegal bangha, will get fine or even jail leh.

As for PR, i agreed not 80% but 95% or more of the bro/sis in this forum are more qualify than the million of SG PR lah, the problem is too qualify to fit the jobs, need those less qualified PR to fit not so qualify job lah.

Bro , can you list down the requirement for MM2H here, before you tell people is like work permit /pr in SG ? If is it so easy , everybody here would be already in the programe liao ! KNN work permit in SG , bangha also can apply lah ! As for PR , I think 80% of those members here easily more qualified than the millions of SG PRs lah

edragon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ai yah , in short he is saying we shouldnt be complaining , and be thankful what Singapore has done for the citizen . Where else Malaysia have done little to help the chinese Malaysian , hence Malaysian is actually the dis-advantage party . So is kind of the grass is greener at the opposite side situation lah .

I think both Malaysia and Singapore are equally good and among tops in Asean. Practically no natural disasters. Welcome foreigners.
Multi racial, multi religion, multi customs.
However, I must qualified my comments limited to experiences only from work and stay in Brunei, Hong Kong, Singapore, Vietnam, East and West Malaysia for the past years.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, a lot of ppl here can qualify la, don't be lazy, google for more info, if not qualify, the macs is equally good, imagine Singapore issue something like macs and allow foreigner to work or set up business in Singapore, is better than work permit, i not so sure about how it work, perhaps you can check with some of the bro here who set up business in M'sia without MM2H, it can be done.

Don't look down bangha la, they cannot apply lah, is the well to do Singaporean or Business man apply for them, in fact today News/Business time write about many Singaporean business man blame gahmen of reduce quota for bangha, imagine if bro you are the 1 who own the factory or construction firm, i doubt you will say that, do you know how many Malaysian is desperate for bangha worker, how they wish m'sia gahmen can grant more working permit for bangha, they even take the risk to employ illegal bangha, will get fine or even jail leh.

As for PR, i agreed not 80% but 95% or more of the bro/sis in this forum are more qualify than the million of SG PR lah, the problem is too qualify to fit the jobs, need those less qualified PR to fit not so qualify job lah.

Bro , the following is basic requirement for MM2H:-

i. Applicants aged below 50 years are required to show proof of liquid assets worth a minimum of RM500,000 and offshore income of RM10,000 per month. For certified copy(s) of Current Account submitted as financial proof, applicants must provide the latest 3 months’ statement with each month’s credit balance of RM 500,000.

ii. Applicants aged 50 and above may comply with the financial proof of RM350,000 in liquid assets and off shore income of RM10,000 per month. For certified copy(s) of Current Account submitted as financial proof, applicants must provide the latest 3 months’ statement with each month’s credit balance of RM 350,000. For those who have retired, they are required to show proof of receiving pension from government approved funds of RM 10,000 per month.

iii. New applicants who have purchased properties worth at least RM 1 million qualify to place a lower fixed deposit amount upon approval

1) OK guys , how many of you here can place a FD of RM500K and proof of income of RM10K a mth ? How many of you here think is ease to apply for one ? Maybe you are one of those well to do FTs in SG , easily qualified .

2) MACs is just a replacement of white cards . Does not allow you to work in Malaysia or conduct biz in Malaysia leh !

3) Which sentence say that I look down on Bangla . Bring me a Bangla , I will kiss him in front of you ! I am saying that is not right to compare Work Permit in SG to MM2H .

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you work hard in Singapore, i don't see you live worst than a Malaysia eldery, let me know when Malaysia government do enough for the old people. Are we pity about those ppl spend more than 50% for their sport car, modify nice nice with gt wing, wear branded carry LV, and when they are old, they are most likely ppl fall into this cat that i mentioned, some of them is really unlucky due to no proper education and left behind, isn't this group of ppl have to work even harder as well, so also fall into this cat, do you think government should do enuf for them when they are aged, i don't see any of the forumer will fall into this cat, cos most of us work hard and think wisely, spend within our mean. Talking about retire early, is a luxury for most of the ppl, both in sg and m'sia. A lot of Malaysia will retired with 1 house + RM500k cash, will you? those work in Malaysia for RM5k, do u think they dare to think of retired early? those who work for SGD5k, i think they can easily retired in Malaysia if he can accept 1 house + RM500k.

1 house + rm500k difficult to retire unless your annual expense less than 3-5%x500k or RM15000-RM25000.

1 JB house to stay + 1 hdb to rent + RM1million , will provide for annual expenses of about rm50k from rental
and RM50k from Dividend earnings. That is quite comfortable to retire in JB.... I think.
Not too difficult to achieve bah....why work for money till 65yrs old?

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my observation, some of the jobs in my industry has been flowing to Jarkata and KL.. More and more MNCs believe Malaysians or Indo are better in regional jobs as they can speak English, Malay and mandarin... And both countries are so much bigger and thus more opportunity.. All in all, Singapore is just a red dot.. We survive when both malaysia and Indo are not doing ok..

When I visit Cyberjaya, it has drastic improvement over the Cyberjaya 10 years ago.. Among the cities in the region, KL and Singapore are the most vibrant.

I am not comparing which country is better or not. I feel Malaysia is pretty good as a place to live. Singapore is getting more and more expensive and majority need to plan for a place to live when they are no longer employable. You can't live in Singapore without a job and singaporeans don't have a country side to fall back. If malaysia welcome Singaporean, it is a very livable place for us..and our investment in JB will definitely bring jobs and earnings for the local. Maybe the younger Johorians should come to Singapore to work since Singapore door is always open for anyone in the world.. If Malaysian don't come, Singapore will still get people from Myanmar, china, India, Pino...and so on...Malaysian should come since we are culturally very similar..and hope we are tolerant and welcome each other.. Most Singaporeans will not want to be employed in malaysia and fight with locals for jobs unlike our country which welcome competition to bring down the wages so that the rich govt linked companies will make more money.. Saying all the bad things about Singapore just to show though we make $S in Singapore, we are lack of space and we might not be as happy as someone living in malaysia.. We understood all the bad things about malaysia politics as our local govt controlled Media always like to paint the pictures how bad and dangerous malaysia is.. Being a global citizen, I would prefer to live in malaysia.. Will invest in malaysia but will not fight for jobs with the Malaysian..

Last edited:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Watch out Singapore as Malaysia’s ‘transforming’: hiring experts
By debchoo | SingaporeScene – 5 hours ago

Singapore will witness "stiff competition" from Malaysia for businesses if the Economic Development Board does not up its game, said a hiring expert.

Andrea Ross, managing director for professional recruitment consultancy Robert Walters for Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam, said, "Singapore has to be more innovative, which the EDB has been doing very well in. But it has got to revamp it up moving forward."

While Malaysia's infrastructure is not yet comparable to Singapore's, it will be in the near future and talents are open to migrating to the neighbouring country, she said during the presentation of the firm's annual global survey salary.
Sally Raj, country manager of Robert Walters Malaysia, said that the Singapore neighbour is currently undergoing a "transformation" to beef up its infrastructure. This could potentially see more companies beefing up workforce in the country.
That said, Joanne Chua, associate director of the firm's HR, supply chain and business support division, thinks that Singapore is "still very well-positioned as a market where talent is concerned."

Singapore still has investments pouring in, Chua said, adding, "So are we seeing a dearth in the jobs market? Definitely not. Are we seeing a slowdown? Yes, definitely. That's because companies are more cautious in terms of hiring."

The report highlighted that 2011 remained a generally conservative year for banks hiring, the firm said, as many firms "overhired" in the previous year. There, however, remained a strong demand for experienced professionals and support staff like sales and relationship managers, and credit analysts in small medium enterprises (SMEs) and corporate banking to generate revenue.
There was also an estimated up to 40 per cent increase in contractual positions offered in Singapore especially within finance, human resources and business support staff.

Singapore's economic outlook for the last year stood similar to that of Hong Kong's with dips in recruitment advertising activity — a similar seasonal decline in the last quarter of 2010.
According to the report, this year will see hiring slog on as global economic concerns will continue to "weigh on candidate and client confidence".

Andrea Ross, managing director for professional recruitment consultancy Robert Walters …
Ross optimistically pointed out that there are a number of public sector projects such as transport infrastructure, hospitals, schools and universities which will result in increasing demand for professionals within construction and logistics.

While Singapore has a strong talent pool, Ross warned that the next biggest challenge other than the rising inflation and housing prices is for firms to retain talent.
On the same note, Chua said, "Are we hearing retrenchments in certain areas? Yes, we are, not because companies are downsizing but because they're offshoring certain functions to lower-cost markets."

The consultancy firm said that the key operative for many organisations in 2012 is likely to be "cautious optimism". Assessing the global economic uncertainty will be a factor in headcount decisions.

The report revealed that job influx is likely to be seen in professions such as engineering, HR, secretarial support, IT and sales and marketing roles for professionals across the fast-moving consumer goods, IT and telecommunications and industrial sectors as these areas are less immediately affected by the uncertainty phenomenon as compared to banking and financial sectors.

Technical healthcare is predicted to see a growth in terms of constant labour demand.
Addressing the concern that inflation will curb real income increments, Chua said she does expect "adjustments" that firms will most likely make based on their yearly reviews.

Chua cautioned though the challenge for the government now remains managing that fine balance between the need to attract foreign investments into the local market and "providing jobs through our local talents" while being mindful that Singapore risk forcing foreign investors out if the country becomes a high cost centre.
"I think they're [the government] tacking the issues right now."

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some Malaysians told me the locals hate Singaporeans because Singaporean have driven up the property price..

When china or Indians folk buying up singapore properties, I don't think we hate them.. I think we are disgusted with the govt who don't have enough control on them to drive up our public housing.. Malaysian govt in fact do the good thing in making sure foreigners can only buy 500k and above house.. The locals still can buy cheaper houses in many part of Johor... For the middle class who hate Singaporeans, I think they are confused. They don't believe their higher end properties are worth so much and they get angry when they see themselves missing the opportunity.. For this group of middle income executives who have plan to buy higher end properties, I think they should buy now...and then they will like singaporeans to help them pushing up their investment... For the low wage workers, we have no impact on their affordability and livinghood...

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agreed from my observation over the years and also one of the reasons I think I should invest to malaysia.. Why not us, Canada or other countries? They are too far...and culturally too different... And also I want to be near Singapore because it is still my country.... Even though a lot of childhood memories (playground, schools, neighbours) have been replaced by shopping centers and food courts...

When there is war, I will come back and fight for my friends and singaporeans.. But I will think twice if I just fight 3 days for the pap folks to bring their families and fortunes out of the countries...

Watch out Singapore as Malaysia’s ‘transforming’: hiring experts
By debchoo | SingaporeScene – 5 hours ago

Singapore will witness "stiff competition" from Malaysia for businesses if the Economic Development Board does not up its game, said a hiring expert.

Andrea Ross, managing director for professional recruitment consultancy Robert Walters for Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam, said, "Singapore has to be more innovative, which the EDB has been doing very well in. But it has got to revamp it up moving forward."

While Malaysia's infrastructure is not yet comparable to Singapore's, it will be in the near future and talents are open to migrating to the neighbouring country, she said during the presentation of the firm's annual global survey salary.
Sally Raj, country manager of Robert Walters Malaysia, said that the Singapore neighbour is currently undergoing a "transformation" to beef up its infrastructure. This could potentially see more companies beefing up workforce in the country.
That said, Joanne Chua, associate director of the firm's HR, supply chain and business support division, thinks that Singapore is "still very well-positioned as a market where talent is concerned."

Singapore still has investments pouring in, Chua said, adding, "So are we seeing a dearth in the jobs market? Definitely not. Are we seeing a slowdown? Yes, definitely. That's because companies are more cautious in terms of hiring."

The report highlighted that 2011 remained a generally conservative year for banks hiring, the firm said, as many firms "overhired" in the previous year. There, however, remained a strong demand for experienced professionals and support staff like sales and relationship managers, and credit analysts in small medium enterprises (SMEs) and corporate banking to generate revenue.
There was also an estimated up to 40 per cent increase in contractual positions offered in Singapore especially within finance, human resources and business support staff.

Singapore's economic outlook for the last year stood similar to that of Hong Kong's with dips in recruitment advertising activity — a similar seasonal decline in the last quarter of 2010.
According to the report, this year will see hiring slog on as global economic concerns will continue to "weigh on candidate and client confidence".

Andrea Ross, managing director for professional recruitment consultancy Robert Walters …
Ross optimistically pointed out that there are a number of public sector projects such as transport infrastructure, hospitals, schools and universities which will result in increasing demand for professionals within construction and logistics.

While Singapore has a strong talent pool, Ross warned that the next biggest challenge other than the rising inflation and housing prices is for firms to retain talent.
On the same note, Chua said, "Are we hearing retrenchments in certain areas? Yes, we are, not because companies are downsizing but because they're offshoring certain functions to lower-cost markets."

The consultancy firm said that the key operative for many organisations in 2012 is likely to be "cautious optimism". Assessing the global economic uncertainty will be a factor in headcount decisions.

The report revealed that job influx is likely to be seen in professions such as engineering, HR, secretarial support, IT and sales and marketing roles for professionals across the fast-moving consumer goods, IT and telecommunications and industrial sectors as these areas are less immediately affected by the uncertainty phenomenon as compared to banking and financial sectors.

Technical healthcare is predicted to see a growth in terms of constant labour demand.
Addressing the concern that inflation will curb real income increments, Chua said she does expect "adjustments" that firms will most likely make based on their yearly reviews.

Chua cautioned though the challenge for the government now remains managing that fine balance between the need to attract foreign investments into the local market and "providing jobs through our local talents" while being mindful that Singapore risk forcing foreign investors out if the country becomes a high cost centre.
"I think they're [the government] tacking the issues right now."

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
The grass always seems greener on the other side -- as much as Singaporeans dislike and criticize the Govt, the same can be said about Malaysians. My colleagues who are Malaysians will not buy any Johor property, especially those from KL and Penang. Don't know how much this is a contrarian indicator though.

As George Soros says, whenever he spots a bubble forming, he wants to be in for the ride.. Of coz he has had spectacular losses, like the Russian Rouble.

Has anyone done a comparative analysis of properties in KL compared to Bangkok and Jakarta? Some say property in KL is relatively cheap compared to BKK and JKT. I keep telling my friend who is Indonesian SPR but educated in SG to consider a property in Jakarta. Some say BRIC needs one more I for Indonesia? Another friend bought a new tiny apartment in downtown BKK, he paid over S$500 psf.

Unfortunately, the rich who know how to deploy their cash usually gets richer, while the poor gets poorer in real terms. Money left in the bank is truly a depreciating asset.

I shudder to think how my kids will afford to live in Singapore in future. The least I can do is to buy a real asset like property, and teach them how to be financially savvy from a young age...

Some Malaysians told me the locals hate Singaporeans because Singaporean have driven up the property price..

When china or Indians folk buying up singapore properties, I don't think we hate them.. I think we are disgusted with the govt who don't have enough control on them to drive up our public housing.. Malaysian govt in fact do the good thing in making sure foreigners can only buy 500k and above house.. The locals still can buy cheaper houses in many part of Johor... For the middle class who hate Singaporeans, I think they are confused. They don't believe their higher end properties are worth so much and they get angry when they see themselves missing the opportunity.. For this group of middle income executives who have plan to buy higher end properties, I think they should buy now...and then they will like singaporeans to help them pushing up their investment... For the low wage workers, we have no impact on their affordability and livinghood...

Last edited:

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oot

OOT.

1. It's always my dream to run a tiny backpackers or small motel. Unfortunately I don't have the know-how or the moolah. But someday if the opportunity arises, will consider.

2. Any forummers here are part of the Facebook group Malaysian Investors in Singapore (MISS)? They are offering small serviced apartments at Bukit Ceylon (Bukit Bintang). I have no vested interests, but if anyone is interested do check it out. If I had spare funds and wanted to diversify out of Iskandar, would consider seriously, as I stayed next to there a few weeks ago and was quite happy with the location, as it caters to class B expats.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I seldom hear of Malaysians being able to invest in Singapore. Many complain about S$500 room rental rates in the island.

I quoted all these in my personal capacity and I voted for opposition in Singapore everytime, in case I am accused of being a PAP lackey. I am half-Malaysian and 60% of my relatives are Malaysians, in case some people come in and say I "look down" on Malaysians.

Malaysians are the 2nd top buyers of SG private properties in 2011, after China.
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/property-blog/foreign-buyers-impact-absd-020838300.html

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros, just to share, I have a couple of frens whom have given up their Malaysian citizenship for Sporean...and they did it coz they felt that their future and the kids future lies with Singapore ...
Going back to Malaysia is not a option for them anymore as they will have to adjust to the living conditions (not to mention the 2nd class citizen treatment) and education level for thier kids may not be as high as spore and need to start all over again...or some of the children may not even be granted access to Gov schools...
Believe me, Sporean citizenship are highly prized by a lot of Malaysians and I am also contemplating this route ...:-)

Last time yes it is highly prized by Malaysians but none of those I met in recent years want to convert. They told me "what for?". Only met one couple with one spouse changed to SG citizenship to apply new HDB flat and for cheaper education for children as I was told.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
i leave early, no luck for me, breakeven after all the misc cost and interest, but i gain from free staying in Singapore, thats all, ..................

Leave early? The Malaysian chinese who returned to KL left early too in end 2008/early 2009, if she has stayed two years more, she would have sold her 3 room flat at around $300k and not $230k and made additional $70k or more profit.

Which year did you leave? If you have left before 2005/2006, the living and working conditions in SG were still okay then. SG has degenerated alot within a few years since then with the PAP's uncontrolled influx of foreigners.

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Truncated

HDB vs landed in Malaysia comparison based on installment.

HDB : Full loan SGD350k at 2% interest rate 30 yrs = installment = SGD1294 (can pay with CPF)
Malaysia Landed : Full loan RM250k at 4.2% interest rate 30 yrs = installment = RM1223 (paid cash)

30 years later, let say property price double,

HDB : SGD350kx2x2.4 = RM1.68 mil
Landed in M'sia : RM250x2 = RM500k

Both sell and retired in other country, so who is the winner? Let assume economic remain constant over 30 years.
Truncated

Note: agreed HDB is 99 years lease from Singapore government, but a 40 years HDB is still worth more than a 40 years freehold landed in Malaysia, a 40 years landed in Malaysia need a major restoration + renovation and will cost you a boom. Whereas garmen will upgrade your 40 years HDB with minimum cost at so call subsidy price, even if it is a leasehold, i don't see a 30 - 40 years old HDB selling at discounting price at this moment, some end block and get a new flat with slightly smaller size and perhaps slightly ulu location, but this is a trade off for a new flat rather than you have to maintain it. Where on earth in this world provide half life or whole life warranty for house, yes is in Singapore at this moment. I doubt this will be forever, so watch out......

Two things fundamentally wrong with your example. You cannot compare different housing prices after exchange rates. i.e. HDB of 350k vs Msia Landed of 250k RM. It only make sense if you compare equal affordability.

Your leasehold example does not hold water for future generation. When a leasehold goes to old age, do you think the prices still can maintain or continues to appreciate? SG nation is relatively young, with the demand in housing, resale prices higher than new flats can still maintain. In the long run, it's not tenable. Imagine we have MASS numbers of HDBs built in the 80s, once they all reach old age, u think got so much land for SERS? SERS is selective, and cannot catch up once we have massive aging flats.

Our father's generations, how much is HDB price over their pay? Our generation, how much? The next generation?

Compare to Msia, do you know how affordable it is for them (despite all their complaints), how long can they pay up loan?

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro hh

For singles , we can only buy resale open market. Not much subsidize . Probably 10k n hv income requirement .And govt dun allow us buy balance left over bto coz our money stink!,, if buy a resale now abt 400k plus haven include interest and renovations , we have to work till wat age to retire???

Yeah for a long time, singles can only buy resale 3 room flat. Only when the property market crashed then suddenly singles are allowed to buy larger resale flats. Even then also not allowed to buy the balance left over new flats.

Status
Not open for further replies.