• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Most places will be able to do pearl grass for you. Its really maintenance free. I recently did tiles over my grass as both my dad and myself got tired of maintaining them.

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps you can let us know your budget? Around RM 500k to RM 600k? Yes, a car is a must in JB!
Yes around that 500K RM... corner lot at least if not cluster.. and secure gated, guarded vicinity... ideal if it has facilities like swimming pool/gym e.t.c... well maintained ..

Have visited NI/HH/LeisureFarms already.... too pricy for my budget

alleyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, I've been lurking around this forum for awhile. Definitely a lot of info here! Noticed that some people suggested categorizing the content, but guess that goes against the whole "forum feel".

So I've created a new site called livinginjb.info, compiling useful information from these two thread. I'm still on the first forum, working backwards from page 800. Now only reached Page 698! 600 over pages to go.

Hope you all find the new site useful!

Cool Man.

Will share ur site with some of my countryman who also decided to head North in search for affordable retirement homes.

If i have points I would definitely up u for your kind effort!:p

alleyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes around that 500K RM... corner lot at least if not cluster.. and secure gated, guarded vicinity... ideal if it has facilities like swimming pool/gym e.t.c... well maintained ..

Have visited NI/HH/LeisureFarms already.... too pricy for my budget

Looks like we are in the same boat.

Close to RM$500K would be comfortable ya...and ideally Corner or End lot.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, Pariss and Eurorich (Platinum) are amongst the better ones. There are also smaller ones like Lavender (Nusa Bestari area) that are quiet.
Welcome back Bro. Gong Xi Fa Cai. Hope you had a good trip. Success and prosperity to you.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, Pariss and Eurorich (Platinum) are amongst the better ones. There are also smaller ones like Lavender (Nusa Bestari area) that are quiet.
Be careful, some bro here said Paris got special service.. not sure if the sound proofing is up to standard... else sure cannot sleep..

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
These days find myself lookin at things for my soon to be ready JB house....things which i would never look in SG..haha.

water filter - Drinkstar sand filter + indoor filter
ceiling fan - KDK sensa...jus realise the price is half that of SG!!
lawnmower - electric type
grass - will stick to default cowgrass. understand its hardy,..also pity to change

and the list goes on and on....

so excited to be able to spend some of my hard earned/converted $ soon..hehe.

Bro.. reminds me of a year back during key collection.. however I spent less than 80K RM for renovation plus furniture..
& it includes the backyard extension shown per attached..
CIMG04821.jpg
Btw, was told by contractor that for support structures, they will have the steel reinforcement every 10 ft apart.. (see in picture also)

you shd also visit persada to check the offers

nicholas1213

Alfrescian
Loyal
Greetings and happy CNY to everyone here! My very first post in this forum and indeed very helpful information all around.

Similar to some of the forumer here, I'm also currently looking to secure a property in JB more for own stay purpose.

I'd been visiting some of the common area mentioned by all bros here lately, and just to share some of my own view.
Note : The comments are based on the unit that I've visited personally, and it does not imply to other units in that area, so I hope nobody will get offended.

EL and LF are obviously out of budget range, now left HH, NI and ND which still under consideration.

HH : Currently in the top of my list, liked the surrounding, location and security there.
The Gateway (HH) : All resale units. 2-storey terrace about RM485k - 520k, while cluster house is 720k. I believe most of the units were purchased for investment purpose and thus none has stayed in the house before (some are not even rented out). The unit that I'd visited is not really in good condition.

The Golf (HH) : All resale units. The Golf double-storey (24'x75') is going for around 650k-700k and cluster is above 800k, compare to The Gateway it is more expensive (I believe mainly due to larger build-up area too). House is in better condition (perhaps due to newer phase??)

The Green (HH) : Waiting for The Green's 2-storey terrance (22'x75') launch to make further comparison. According to HH sales office, they will use mostly porcelain tile throughout the whole house rather than normal ceramic tile, however it would make no difference if renovation will be done later. Similar price psf with The Hills / The Golf (based on indicative price).

The Hills (HH) : 2-storey terrance unit are big and spacious (26' x 80') but a bit overbudget (> 800k). However if compare price psf, it is still reasonable.

NI (Nusa Idaman) : I find it quite an ideal place right after HH especially the location. Not sure why the sales are going slow in NI as I find the price are attractive and competitive compared to others. Just some minor concern about the access-card as most of the other ready - precinct e.g. Phase 5 & 6 doesn't have it. Surprise to find out that the Precinct 8b end lots are almost sold out as back in early Jan there were quite some units available - personally liked the end lot design compared to Precinct 7. They are selling Courtyard 3 (24' x 80') too - named as Phase 7b but located in Precinct 5. Priced at 570k intermediate unit and 665k end lot but found out some of the resale units from Courtyard 2 are only selling 500k with same land size (24' x 80').

ND (Nusa Duta) : Visited the cluster house (22' x 70') + 10' land beside, liked the design and security but all are resale and priced around 620k (was 580k back in Dec 2011). Location wise it is closer to the Gaint / Tesco etc but I find the location crowded and prefer those more secluded area e.g. HH or NI to have a quieter surrounding.

Other nearby projects - Nusa Sentral / Nusa Bayu are mostly below 500k and much further away from the coastal highway / shopping complex / etc, so i do not include them here.

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi GReddy88. what other options do you think are good.. care to share... HH atmo seems to be pricey to me.. so i would like to know more options which are good and affordable.....

i'm not really an expert in this.. but a few similar i googled like this http://www.iproperty.com.my/propertylisting/1292387/Leisure_Farm_Resort_Semi-detached_House_ForSale

for rm980k, you get a semi in leisure farm.
i was in HH last dec, with the price i was quoted, i could have gotten one elsewhere with spare change for renovations
(seniors, correct me if i'm wrong)

what i meant is, don't rush into it.. take your time..
of course, unless if u need the house for wedding, etc. :biggrin:

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
weekend humor :biggrin:..

i was in a number of forums that talk about jb living... the general impression i get is like..

resident evil 2a5fatk.jpgresident evil obitel-zla-(8).jpg

*facepalm*

Polarbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Folks,

Just for your reading pleasure. Australia drops four spots to 20th place as other countries move ahead and Malaysia gains five ranks to reach 21st position.

The Global Competitiveness Report 2011-2012: Country Profile Highlights

Malaysia gains five ranks to reach 21st position, registering improvements across the board. The country’s progress is particularly noteworthy in the institutions and macroeconomic environment pillars, as well as in several measures of market efficiency. Among the prominent advantages of this strong and consistent performance are its efficient and sound financial sector— which places among the world’s most developed, just behind Singapore and Hong Kong—and its highly efficient goods market, ranked 15th. In addition, its macroeconomic situation has improved markedly over the past year to reach 29th place, even though the country continues to run a budget deficit of about 5 percent of GDP. As it moves toward becoming more innovation driven, Malaysia will need to improve its performance in education and technological readiness. In the latter dimension, the country places a low 44th, with room for improvement in technological adoption by both businesses and the population at large. In terms of higher education and training (38th), improving access remains a priority in light of low enrollment rates of 69 percent (101st) and 36 percent (66th) for secondary and tertiary education, respectively.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro. Yes thats Reinforced Concrete i.e Concrete with an inner core of steel Rebars.

Guess what, i made up a list recently and my budget (ALL IN) is around 75K or SGD30K. i reckon it will keep wifey and 3 kids happy whenever they stay over during the weekends/hols. Haha.

Cheers.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro.. reminds me of a year back during key collection.. however I spent less than 80K RM for renovation plus furniture..
& it includes the backyard extension shown per attached..
View attachment 3623
Btw, was told by contractor that for support structures, they will have the steel reinforcement every 10 ft apart.. (see in picture also)

you shd also visit persada to check the offers

Hi, is your contractor who did the backyard extension good? Can recommend?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
25 January 2012 | last updated at 12:36am
PM to be at JB Chingay parade

By AHMAD FAIRUZ OTHMAN
JOHOR BARU
[email protected] | 0 comments

Multicultural event attracts around 300,000 spectators every year
DATUK Seri Najib Razak is expected to be the guest of honour at the annual Chingay procession here.
Menteri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman said the prime minister would witness the parade on Feb 12, which has been attracting hundreds of thousands of spectators for 140 years. It is usually held at the city centre here.

Ghani was speaking at the Chinese New Year open house organised by the Johor Baru Tiong Hua Federation at Wisma Tiong Hua on Monday.

He also announced a RM500,000 contribution to the federation.

Held on the 21st day of the first month of the Chinese lunar calendar, the Chingay parade began as an annual "tour" of the five deities worshipped by the different dialect groups of the Chinese community.

It has since become a multicultural event that has been attracting around 300,000 spectators, including local and foreign tourists.

The colourful evening parade, to be organised by the Johor Baru Tiong Hua Federation, is marked by a float procession, flag pole performances, stilt acrobatics, lion and dragon dance performances and other activities.

On another matter, Ghani said the year 2012 was expected to be a turning point for big development projects in Johor.

He cited the redevelopment plans for downtown Johor Baru, including the RM200 million beautification of Sungai Segget, as one of them.

"In 2012, many big investments in Iskandar Malaysia will begin. This includes several universities, hotels and Legoland Malaysia.

Ghani said the state government had always used allocations for development in a transparent and efficient manner to benefit the rakyat.

"Johor Baru folks can see this. Since 2007, there have been upgrading works on many roads in Iskandar Malaysia. The people are able to enjoy the infrastructure."

Read more: PM to be at JB Chingay parade - General - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/local/general/pm-to-be-at-jb-chingay-parade-1.36760#ixzz1kg1hTvfB

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
LeisureFarms was awesome... but not in my budget!!

i'm not really an expert in this.. but a few similar i googled like this http://www.iproperty.com.my/propertylisting/1292387/Leisure_Farm_Resort_Semi-detached_House_ForSale

for rm980k, you get a semi in leisure farm.
i was in HH last dec, with the price i was quoted, i could have gotten one elsewhere with spare change for renovations
(seniors, correct me if i'm wrong)

what i meant is, don't rush into it.. take your time..
of course, unless if u need the house for wedding, etc. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.