• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing wrong with Ginfreely's remarks at all.

This is an open forum, will have mixture of bitterness & happiness comments.

If you only want to listen to those happiness & sweet talk......then you have come to the wrong site.

Bye......

Ok lah, I'm a big bittergourd, don't eat me up hor. Maybe come 2016, the 60% can vote out PAP and all bitterness will be gone.

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone here applied for mm2h through an agent before?

Any recommendations? Please PM me if you know of someone good.

Thank you in advance.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Learned bros, need some advise on mm2h. I looked at the application. Looks troublesome. Is it true that the applicant and all defendants will need to do medical checkup at a Malaysian hospital? And for each member, is there is a charge of 90rm per year for the pass?

I see the main benefit as being able to employ a domestic helper.

Without mm2h, is it possible to take the Singapore maid across and just take her out once a month? I heard one of my friends got a warning when she tried to do just that, despite having an macs for the maid. The custom officer told her to take the maid back to SG. Anyone with similar experiences?

How about bring maid make u turn in MY dun go sg??

Last edited:

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today spoke to my banker.. He confirmed majority JB buyers are Malaysian SPRs working in Singapore. There are some Singaporeans.. But percentage still low.. Maybe most of the Singapore buyers are in this forum.. So still countable..we are not the driver for malaysia properties..........

An act worthy of credit here! I see hope beaming in you - you bother to seek the truth and have the courage to speak the truth. You will sail through your property investment smoothly if you also aligned your investment decisions with the truth you found, when it is necessary.

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal

consider myself citizen of south east Asian

Well said. I don't understand why people don't first and foremost see themselves as part of the broad sweep of humanity. Where our parents happened to sit on the globe when we grew up is a detail that people get far too excited about. On the positive side that is fine (just having fun and celebrating a nation). When it come to disliking… those who grew up in different places it is a big waste.

If you live in a society you have an obligation to respect the rules of that society. And in my opinion have an obligation to help make it better - but that gets trickier if you are seen as an outsider, especially if people are insecure and see and thoughts of ways to improve as some outsider criticizing their country. Since the focus in so many countries now is to be insecure about outsiders (thinking the outsiders are dis-respecting them…) it is usually best to not bother trying to make the place you are visiting better; unless there it is almost impossible for someone to somehow take offense.

It seems silly to me that someone would get worried about someone having flag of some other county or some sports team or whatever. But lots of people do. I think it is normally when they are insecure about the area they support and so get worried if anyone even likes anything other than what they do. That attitude seems silly to me, but in that case it is often best just to refrain. In my experience, most of the time, if people are not insecure they really don't care what flags someone flies at their house (occasionally you get super nationalist that are all excited about political borders that were placed on the globe generations ago and they get bothered even if they are not insecure - but this is a small minority, and exists in most every country to lessor and greater degrees).

The less a country cares about other flags being flown the better image that country has of itself in my opinion.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
No issues with flying the flag but I think its inappropriate to fly other country's flag on the national day for host/home country. Thats what triggered the entire online hoohah abt why some ppl are flying other countries's flags on SG national day.

Imho, foreigners living in Msia, I dont think my countrymen have issues with people flying your home country flags to mark your national/independence day. Just be conscious that your action may give the wrong impression if you do so on 31aug(malaya's independence day) and 16 sept(malaysia formation day).

On a sidenote 16 sept 1963 is the day when Malaya joined with Sabah, Sarawak and Singapore to form the Federation of Malaysia. Singapore subsequently left the federation and became independent on 9 Aug 1965.

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems silly to me that someone would get worried about someone having flag of some other county or some sports team or whatever. But lots of people do. I think it is normally when they are insecure about the area they support and so get worried if anyone even likes anything other than what they do. That attitude seems silly to me, but in that case it is often best just to refrain. In my experience, most of the time, if people are not insecure they really don't care what flags someone flies at their house (occasionally you get super nationalist that are all excited about political borders that were placed on the globe generations ago and they get bothered even if they are not insecure - but this is a small minority, and exists in most every country to lessor and greater degrees).

The less a country cares about other flags being flown the better image that country has of itself in my opinion.

So inferring from what you said above, will you also says that PAP govt has a sense of insecurity since they always like to petty talk down the opposition parties. :smile:

I would think it is foremost a form of due respect that a guest should accord to his /her host and when a host has no demand from his guests for their proper due respect, his guests would takeover as being the "host" and instead treat the real host as "guest".

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a rule - no weekend appointments. What is the price and sqft? The artist impression looks nice... Didnt manage to find any photos of the showhouse though. Would appreciate if anyone whose been to the development could post some pics here.

More than 6 mths ago, when I went to the initial launch, it was priced at RM 4.8m fully furnished. No mention on the sq ft but it really had a wow factor that couldnt be matched by the Hills bungalow.

Due to the 'no weekend appt' rule, I wasnt able to view it but its right besides the clubhouse only. Looking at the overall prices now, I feel that RM 4.8m is worth it though I did not step into the showroom......fantastic views on hill-top.....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Alleyboy, Kulai would be my choice.

Maids can only be applied for in MY by those who have MM2H OR have companies/people which can apply for their behalf. For almost every obstacle, there is a solution just that it may be troublesome for some or the tradeoffs may be unacceptable. Yet, there are people who also uses agencies who rent their maids out on a monthly/quarterly basis.

MACS may help some to get their SG sourced maids in while this is a stop gap measure, its still a little troublesome but yes, one can do a u turn at the 2nd link.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
You know something called face off or clone?
Anyway just kidding.. Still respect mr Lee though he doesn't do it for free.. After all he is a human. Not a saint...

Watching NDP TV in malaysia.. Not bad... See so many Singaporeans... These days when I went for meetings, among the decision makers, 2 out of 10 are Singaoreans.. However that's ok.. Beyond what we can do...
Today spoke to my banker.. He confirmed majority JB buyers are Malaysian SPRs working in Singapore. There are some Singaporeans.. But percentage still low.. Maybe most of the Singapore buyers are in this forum.. So still countable..we are not the driver for malaysia properties.. As we come here to enjoy fresh air and cheaper alternative, just don't hang singaoore flag openly in Malaysia and invite criticism..

Agree bro, still so many thinks that only Singaporeans are driving the prices up. Respect is needed for whatever host country we go to and reside. Yes, i remembered one particular NDP, the SG flag was up along with the MY flag (both smaller versions) in HH clubhouse. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
This Sunday, i will drive in to SG and go to the furthest corner to grab some distant relatives and bring them to Johore and send them back. Mum told me they are finally agreeable to come. Hope to be able to do something for them and help them as financially they need help. Trying to pack as many as i can and hopefully they will see my point. Have a good friend who may be coming on the weekend as well so probably will take them all around on a tour of the place.

alleyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Alleyboy, Kulai would be my choice.

Ok. Point taken Boss.

Incidentally i saw an ad. Taman Nusantara houses are indeed real cheap. Cant get this kind of prices elsewhere anymore.

This Sunday, i will drive in to SG and go to the furthest corner to grab some distant relatives and bring them to Johore and send them back.

How i wish i am your relative. U have a good heart.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Alamak! Sounds like that PRC family that hung the Chinese flag outside their apartment; side by side with a Singapore flag.

Come on, there's a place for everything but let's respect the sovereignty of a state.

Agree, if its on the day of a countrys national day, there shouldn't be other flags, same goes for the MY national day. In respect of MY, we have MY flags ready for my commercial properties and we have also put up MY flags at the school. Respect for the country we are in, never take the host country and its people for granted unlike what others are doing to Singapore. One day, when they have successfully assimilated Singapore with their own cultures, etc, the Singapore that they have come for would be no more. When you have no soul, you no longer feel whole.

Meanwhile, i think the person who hung the flag in HH either got notified or is a reader of this forum as the flag has disappeared.

I have also set off 3 sticks of fireworks in the evening in respect of the fallen NSmen and drew an overwhelming response when other fireworks started coming.

It could be because of the Ramadan month that fireworks came but i was glad to be able to join in.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok. Point taken Boss.

Incidentally i saw an ad. Taman Nusantara houses are indeed real cheap. Cant get this kind of prices elsewhere anymore.

How i wish i am your relative. U have a good heart.

Not boss by any stretch of the imagination. I have to try. One spoke up for me when all kept silent. He stood up to a mean direct relative bullied me when i was but a young chap going to be conscripted shortly who also just lost his granddad. The other gave me some books and 2 times quick tuition. Remember their kind deeds until today. Somemore these are considered external relatives as they are from my mum side and my mum was adopted.

I have mortal enemies who treated me and my family better than most of my relatives on my dads side. I bear them no ill will as like my mother said, relatives are meant to ill treat each other, its probably karma. Outsiders are sometimes much much better unfortunately.

I have neighbours here who i would recommend in a heartbeat my siblings if they were not married already.

Helping a learned bro set up a non profiit org here and other than business aspects, also looking to do some small deeds to contribute to Malaysia.
Remain grateful to Malaysia.

Status
Not open for further replies.