• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
This could mean I should only stay full time in Malaysia if I do not have income from Singapore...:confused:

Hi Tonto, to summarize very briefly - pay to SG what is earned and due in SG and pay to MY what is earned and due in MY.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Tonto, to summarize very briefly - pay to SG what is earned and due in SG and pay to MY what is earned and due in MY.

haha , i was figuring out what u guys trying to said and finally Wuqi's this reply is very layman answer which i can understand liao .... thanks !

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
haha , i was figuring out what u guys trying to said and finally Wuqi's this reply is very layman answer which i can understand liao .... thanks !

Thanks sis, i try to make it as simple as possible, everyone is so short of time these days so making it as brief as possible so that they can move on.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Your Friendly Bank in Singapore!

Thanks. Lifts are not cheap to install, operate and maintain. I will just skip the 2nd level since i just need 1 room at the ground floor when I'm old. Prob by then shoebox apartments might be common and I will just buy one to stay and sell/rent out this landed.

Hi FHBH12, i would consider if i don't have an apartment, as it is though, i have just purchased one recently. The lifts are easy to maintain and most have an emergency door open mode and back up UPS to allow one to safely get out.

The 2nd floor can actually be rented out as well while you stay on the first, helps you get some passive income while there are also some people around the house to take care and also just in case one faints at home, etc. Lots of people i know have done this especially if they only have just 1 landed. They split their house into 2 or 3 so it actually become like an apartment in a way.

One fine example of a woman in HH is doing this, hmmmmm actually come to think of it, 2 fine examples of a woman are already doing this.

groovy73

Alfrescian
Loyal

ya I share the same thots as Bro Wuqi.....

tatz why the unit I was looking at.... the bedroom at the ground floor need to have a attached bathroom and not too small and also not too far from the kitchen .... makes everything easier when I am old and hopefully not wheelchair boned...... and then rent out the bedrooms on top......

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi FHBH12, i would consider if i don't have an apartment, as it is though, i have just purchased one recently. The lifts are easy to maintain and most have an emergency door open mode and back up UPS to allow one to safely get out.

The 2nd floor can actually be rented out as well while you stay on the first, helps you get some passive income while there are also some people around the house to take care and also just in case one faints at home, etc. Lots of people i know have done this especially if they only have just 1 landed. They split their house into 2 or 3 so it actually become like an apartment in a way.

One fine example of a woman in HH is doing this, hmmmmm actually come to think of it, 2 fine examples of a woman are already doing this.

Good idea. Thanks.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Glad you guys found the idea ok. Wishing all well in your journey in life. May peace and prosperity find you.
Cheers

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi vincentck,

Sorry I cannot help with AV system, as I do not have one at home. But soft furnishing is a must or else any sound system will sound strange. The effect will not be good. A reasonable n good looking one will b Bose!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Hi vincentck,

Sorry I cannot help with AV system, as I do not have one at home. But soft furnishing is a must or else any sound system will sound strange. The effect will not be good. A reasonable n good looking one will b Bose!

How about Kef, B & W and Monitor Audio?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

My vote is b & w. but not cheap hor ... Monitor audio also considered high end

For AV receiver, can consider Onkyo or Denon. A lot of Onkyo AVR can support 7.1 channels.

It also depends whether one is looking for home theater or purely audio. Got huge difference to the audiophiles

For a decent entry set of system, can consider denon la ... Around S$3 to S$4k for an entry set should be doable. For b&w, a lot more $$$ is needed .....

If you want to save space, can consider satellite speakers but with the space in JB, we won't have to worry too much...

Wireless speaker is not recommended if we want the most pristine sound out of a set of speakers ...

How about Kef, B & W and Monitor Audio?

Last edited:

nickyu

Alfrescian
Loyal

My bro said depending on the range, B& W most ex

Recently went to some shops at Adelphi together with my uncle and tried out PMC speaker...it is really good but alittle too ex...i heard there will be a show (or exhibition i think) in Oct...maybe can source it there

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Wuqi, will check out....

Hey Austin_hts, you can pay online as well as at many banks including Public Bank. After doing this, there should be a prompt for the amount.
They even have a cash accepting machine at the banks which you can do this.

For first timer, if you want to be doubly sure, just get the tax payment slip at the bank and make the payment.

http://www.hasil.org.my/goindex.php?kump=5&skum=1&posi=2&unit=5000&sequ=7

I have posted the links before but here they are again to the income tax page:
http://www.hasil.org.my/index.php

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, double glazed is effective in reducing noise. Can cut out noise coming in from outside so tat we can enjoy our entertainment or music more with little ambience noise from external source. Can also help to cut down noise going out to the neighbors especially at night.

It's also good in reducing heat for our home becuz it can cut down radiated heat from outside.

So to truly enjoy the experience of a mini cinema at home, I will install the double glazed windows as part of the setting up ......

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good systems are worth paying a little more. But don't get too addicted, it can really cost an arm and a leg if one keeps chasing for upgrades

Recently went to some shops at Adelphi together with my uncle and tried out PMC speaker...it is really good but alittle too ex...i heard there will be a show (or exhibition i think) in Oct...maybe can source it there

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good systems are worth paying a little more. But don't get too addicted, it can really cost an arm and a leg if one keeps chasing for upgrades

If one doesn't want to spend too much, can consider Cambridge audio... In my opinion..quite good

Jackbcryan

Alfrescian
Loyal
My own two cents. Before 2001 I lived in JB's Taman Sutera and travelled by car to NUS where I worked. Took me an hour one way through the second link. Great living. Rented a 1000 sq foot house with 3 rooms and a garden of equivalent size for RM 800 per month. Didnt have any incident with mugging because my car was an 8 year old honda civic. Very nondescript. You could eat anywhere in whatever estate. Taman sutera had its own security patrol. Not fantastic nor tight. Anyone could drive in and out but at least there was a patrol of sorts. Enjoyed that. We could drive anywhere nearby. Pontian, Kota Tinggi usually. Or hike up Mt Pulai which is about 45 mins drive away and an hour hike from the base to the 2000 ft peak on paved road. Beautiful rain forrest setting. Bukit Timah in comparison was a park. And the view from the peak was amazing. Could see as far as the Straits. The memories.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
My own two cents. Before 2001 I lived in JB's Taman Sutera and travelled by car to NUS where I worked. Took me an hour one way through the second link. Great living. Rented a 1000 sq foot house with 3 rooms and a garden of equivalent size for RM 800 per month. Didnt have any incident with mugging because my car was an 8 year old honda civic. Very nondescript. You could eat anywhere in whatever estate. Taman sutera had its own security patrol. Not fantastic nor tight. Anyone could drive in and out but at least there was a patrol of sorts. Enjoyed that. We could drive anywhere nearby. Pontian, Kota Tinggi usually. Or hike up Mt Pulai which is about 45 mins drive away and an hour hike from the base to the 2000 ft peak on paved road. Beautiful rain forrest setting. Bukit Timah in comparison was a park. And the view from the peak was amazing. Could see as far as the Straits. The memories.

Glad to see that you enjoyed life in Johor some time back.
So you decided to move back to Singapore? Or moved to another state?

Just wondering...:smile:

Jackbcryan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am Canadian now. Here's my new surrounding somewhere near the Canadian Rockies. Just bought an old 13 foot boat with 35 horsepower engine. And also has a Honda Oddsey with V6 engine capable of towing it (beige van on the right).

Glad to see that you enjoyed life in Johor some time back.
So you decided to move back to Singapore? Or moved to another state?

Just wondering...:smile:

IMG_2098.JPG

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Jackbcryan

Ooh...you are causing us to eat our heart out! Where's that? The state next to Montana?

So you were a Singaporean or Malaysian before your Canadian status?

Status
Not open for further replies.