• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, so many single Singaporeans don't even qualify to buy resale HDB before aged 35, why should PRs be allowed to buy HDB? HDB, like all public housing in the world, should serve citizens first. PRs should rent or buy private properties only.
Ya lor , dont understand why they are so unhappy about ? I wonder if give them citizenship will make them happy since they can then rent out their HDB ?

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Confirm 95% would just want to have PR rather than citizenship.. Some of those who opt for citizenship might have their spouse on PR.. Of course there are rare exception who want citizenship.. Probably they are given a good job such as perm sec or ministerial position..

Ya lor , dont understand why they are so unhappy about ? I wonder if give them citizenship will make them happy since they can then rent out their HDB ?

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry but where is nusa heights?

Nusa Heights is the new condo that is coming up along the way to Gelang Patah after turning off the highway. I visited the development and their selling point is that it is along the bus route of the Causeway link. That would makes it convenient to people working in Singapore and travelling by bus to Jurong East.

There are people buying for rental as places that within walking distance to the bus stops or terminal of Causeway Link is popular with Msians or SPR working or studying in Sg.

Its location is also strategic as it is near to all the universities coming up as well as Legoland. Except for the penthouse which would cost about a mil RM, the other smaller units are sold out pretty fast after launching.

The price is considered ex by local expectation as they compare with the prices of the 99 years Perdana condo at Gelang Patah. But still when I visited, it is like most of the units in the first phase sold out and it is expected that the later phase will be priced higher.

So I would say that this development caters more to Singaporeans or Msian SPR because of their stronger Sing$ earnings but the neighbourhood is mainly light industrial estate and the old Gelang Patah town and also a short drive to the 'future happenings places'.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Nusa Heights is the new condo that is coming up along the way to Gelang Patah after turning off the highway. I visited the development and their selling point is that it is along the bus route of the Causeway link. That would makes it convenient to people working in Singapore and travelling by bus to Jurong East.

There are people buying for rental as places that within walking distance to the bus stops or terminal of Causeway Link is popular with Msians or SPR working or studying in Sg.

Its location is also strategic as it is near to all the universities coming up as well as Legoland. Except for the penthouse which would cost about a mil RM, the other smaller units are sold out pretty fast after launching.

The price is considered ex by local expectation as they compare with the prices of the 99 years Perdana condo at Gelang Patah. But still when I visited, it is like most of the units in the first phase sold out and it is expected that the later phase will be priced higher.

So I would say that this development caters more to Singaporeans or Msian SPR because of their stronger Sing$ earnings but the neighbourhood is mainly light industrial estate and the old Gelang Patah town and also a short drive to the 'future happenings places'.

All good points which was why I dragged my bros, no matter how reluctant, brought them to buy. Hope will make them some money so we can all retire earlier.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
i haven start the gardening topic with AP and he disappeared liao .. haha ...
this yr he appeared for a while and exchanged pms with me and disappeared again ....
I am not expert yet , good to learn from a few learned friends here like Wuqi etc ...

He is still with us, at least in spirit as he is too busy. :smile:
We all miss him. I still have a long way to go to be remotely associated with the word, expert.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Some latest information as well as clarifications to share:

1. Tightening of loans - All banks are starting to tighten the loans given out, either through lesser loan amount or shorter number of years

2. MRTA versus MLTA - One pays a reducing amount for the loan balance while the other pays a pre-determined amount over a period of time.
Again, this is normally not mandatory typically UNLESS the bank gives you a high loan. Where possible, pay your MRTA through cash rather than
through the bank loan if you want to save on compounding interest.

3. Commercial loans for commercial property typically can still get a higher loan quantum and are not restricted by the number of properties one
already has. This of course assumes that you already have a local company set up here. You can get loans for residential properties but at very low quantum
and slightly higher interest rates.

4. Some banks are offering, on top of their commercial loans, a facility to receive SGD cheques directly. Its a pay per use system and typically charges at 20 USD per use. Also available in USD.

5. Restriction on the types of properties still applies unless shareholding of locals are higher in the company. Minimum of 3 storey shophouses and 2 storey residential houses (regardless of terrace, cluster, villa/semi-d or bungalow) - Still at minimum of 500k RM currently.

Points to note:
Even with just 1 foreigner name, any purchase will still be liable for the levy.
Think twice if a developer wants you to sign an SPA that is non standard in which they have to apply exception for. This is especially more so if its leasehold.
Relaxation of MM2H ruling, especially if you have a paid up property valued at at least 1m RM -
MM2H here: http://www.mm2h.gov.my/

Latest just in:
Certain banks like OCBC are going to implement a new loan where one can actually borrow from banks like OCBC for commercial properties here in SGD
WITH prevailing SG interest rates. Only for commercial/industrial properties though.

eagle

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dear fellow Singaporean Wuqi,

A million thanks to you for your unselfish contributions to the forum.

I am writing here for the first time in regards to Nusa Heights. And I must say really surprised by your latest acquisition.
I am sure you have already thought twice and weighted carefully before you make a move to purchase Nusa Heights.
Mahabuilder, a small developer plying their trade in Johor only, started their
company by reviving some dead projects about 10 years ago.
Low cost housing project Larkin Idaman apartments, was one of them.
That project has been abandoned for few years before Mahabuilder step in and ‘helped’ government to successfully completed it. Since then government also ‘helped’ back by approval many small pieces of land for them to build apartment.
I said many small pieces of land all over Johor because you can go and verify it, they just completed 2 blocks of Condo smashed between grave yard and KTM rail road beside the Larkin Idaman housing area, another block of condo called Larkin Heights just recently launched, also beside Larkin Idaman selling at 400psf.
Perling Heights condo in progress now also by Mahabuilder but with different company name, smashed between waste water treatment plant and Coastal Highway, Horizon Residence as everybody knew, small piece of land located within or between Bukit Indah and Nusa Idaman. And now Nusa Heights condo total 5 blocks of them, sandwiched between industrial area and ‘unknown land’, selling almost at 500psf.
The developer have another bigger project which is mostly landed housing near to Desaru.
Dear Wuqi, I am not personally against Mahabuilder, in fact I appreciate for what they did to Johor people.
I visited Nusa Heights twice, that piece of unknown land is great concern to me.
As you probably know after staying in Malaysia for many years, policy maker here has been consistently inconsistent,
I just hope they don’t build more factory around the Nusa Heights, which imho most likely they will.
Again, I am not writing to stop people buying from them, but maybe abit of info or history to consider before sign on dotted line.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Eagle,

Good post with great points to note! Well said and thanks for sharing.
Due dilligence is always important. I did mine so i am ok with its risks.
(Yes i know, very out of character for me to buy condo, i surprised myself
too)

They have done many projects of which most are revival or resurrection
ones. This is the only residential one i am considering from them at this
point. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Speaking of points, just up your points, please share with us more. :smile:

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dear fellow Singaporean Wuqi,

A million thanks to you for your unselfish contributions to the forum.

I am writing here for the first time in regards to Nusa Heights. And I must say really surprised by your latest acquisition.
I am sure you have already thought twice and weighted carefully before you make a move to purchase Nusa Heights.
Mahabuilder, a small developer plying their trade in Johor only, started their
company by reviving some dead projects about 10 years ago.
Low cost housing project Larkin Idaman apartments, was one of them.
That project has been abandoned for few years before Mahabuilder step in and ‘helped’ government to successfully completed it. Since then government also ‘helped’ back by approval many small pieces of land for them to build apartment.
I said many small pieces of land all over Johor because you can go and verify it, they just completed 2 blocks of Condo smashed between grave yard and KTM rail road beside the Larkin Idaman housing area, another block of condo called Larkin Heights just recently launched, also beside Larkin Idaman selling at 400psf.
Perling Heights condo in progress now also by Mahabuilder but with different company name, smashed between waste water treatment plant and Coastal Highway, Horizon Residence as everybody knew, small piece of land located within or between Bukit Indah and Nusa Idaman. And now Nusa Heights condo total 5 blocks of them, sandwiched between industrial area and ‘unknown land’, selling almost at 500psf.
The developer have another bigger project which is mostly landed housing near to Desaru.
Dear Wuqi, I am not personally against Mahabuilder, in fact I appreciate for what they did to Johor people.
I visited Nusa Heights twice, that piece of unknown land is great concern to me.
As you probably know after staying in Malaysia for many years, policy maker here has been consistently inconsistent,
I just hope they don’t build more factory around the Nusa Heights, which imho most likely they will.
Again, I am not writing to stop people buying from them, but maybe abit of info or history to consider before sign on dotted line.

Location is indeed odd. I tot land to e east of e highway at 2nd link is much better. Diff pp have diff risk appetite.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Slowly but surely, the news are leaking out one by one it seems.

Singapore is getting saturated. The only way is to grow is to expand. I expect e mfg n middle class to push northwards to JB. Singapore will become e financial hub n place for e upper class. Temasek wants a piece of e action in Iskandar as a hedge.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is getting saturated. The only way is to grow is to expand. I expect e mfg n middle class to push northwards to JB. Singapore will become e financial hub n place for e upper class. Temasek wants a piece of e action in Iskandar as a hedge.

To be honest, I am rather concerned, should Temasek decide to take a stake in this company. Fingers crossed, without saying too much in a public forum, let's hope Temasek does its due D really thoroughly......

lakeview

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be honest, I am rather concerned, should Temasek decide to take a stake in this company. Fingers crossed, without saying too much in a public forum, let's hope Temasek does its due D really thoroughly......

Who know one fine day Temasek/gov might allow S'porean or M'sian PR to use our CPF $ to buy their properties in JB.
If that's the case, sure will sold out in lightning speed.

bbbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently the Iskandar Chief announced plans for Nusajaya WEST which is supposed to be opposite the highway from East Ledang side. I think the land owners in Gelang Patah will benefit most. If they hold the land for another 10-20 years, most if not all will be sudden millionaire.

That's unlikely.. those lands (which previously were mainly rubber plantations) were already took over by government 20years ago.....;

bbbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup.. that was wat happened when i was still a young boy...
soon after the construction of second link started, the villagers here have been approached by all buyers to buy their land.. so the price was escalating (it used to be RM2k per hectar, it soon raise to RM80-100k per hectar)

This does not last long, government intervened and cease all transaction of the land and buy all the lands from the plantation owner on selected plots.. that time negotiation started i remember ended up government paid RM50-60k per hectar...

that's from wat i know lah.. yah.. i am a Gelang Patah Kg boy backed then.. born and raised in this small village.. so, i know how things have changed from the part 30 years......... where we hv to travel one hr to JB town to eat Mcdonald or go shopping mall.. where bus schedule can be once an hr or delayed or even cancelled.... gosh.. how time flies and things changed.

bbbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally, Kukup is really for tourists.. We hardly travel to Kukup to eat.

And u know Kg means.. where on earth will we go for crabs or lobsters , friend. hahahaha... ppl here live in a very very humble way last time..

However, i guess u already know Gelang Patah nice seafood.. my brother likes Tian Lai, sayinig they got best crabs so far..

If you want nice seafood, i can recommend one good place, restaurant menu, very reasonable price.. called the Duck Majesty (Ya Huang) at Taman Sentosa.. jus opposite the Bamboo Chicken in Taman sentosa.
Fresh seafood and very nice Chinese cuizine.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup.. that was wat happened when i was still a young boy...
soon after the construction of second link started, the villagers here have been approached by all buyers to buy their land.. so the price was escalating (it used to be RM2k per hectar, it soon raise to RM80-100k per hectar)

This does not last long, government intervened and cease all transaction of the land and buy all the lands from the plantation owner on selected plots.. that time negotiation started i remember ended up government paid RM50-60k per hectar...

that's from wat i know lah.. yah.. i am a Gelang Patah Kg boy backed then.. born and raised in this small village.. so, i know how things have changed from the part 30 years......... where we hv to travel one hr to JB town to eat Mcdonald or go shopping mall.. where bus schedule can be once an hr or delayed or even cancelled.... gosh.. how time flies and things changed.

Reminds me of Lat the Kampung boy :smile:

bbbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
since i m a Gelang Patah boy.. mus tell u the story of Gelang Patah..

Gelang means bangle
Patah mean break/broken.. mean Broken Bangle (wat a name)

There are different version of the story.. the myth i remembered was, once there was this woman from rich and affluent family, she was on a boat crusing on the river.. a crocodile appeared and bit her where only bit off her bangle which was broken... (lame story)

True fact is Gelang Patah has a long connection with cousin of LKY.. yup u hear it right.. Lee Kuan Quan was the guy who actually a well known figure in Chinese society in Gelang Patah. He had a big rubber plantation very long ago who helped to build the Chinese primary school that's y the old hall of the chinese primary school in Gelang Patah named Kuan Quan Hall.. named after him..

And the old building (pre 2nd world war) shop lots at Gelang Patah old town are old belonged to his family... some history of this small town.

Status
Not open for further replies.