• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am glad that you mentioned about Taiwan because their universal healthcare system is reowned. And if you read the link to the blog that I am attaching below, you will find that more than 1/5 of the people who seek help from Credit Counselling Singapore did so because of medical costs.

http://singaporemind.blogspot.sg/2012/03/sdps-healthcare-proposal.html

Oh so Taiwan system is renowned, was watching a program that they were talking about their healthcare system, problems and all. I think every system sure have problem but was very impressed with how they seem to cover all illnesses and even kidney dialysis.

Back to Sg system, never know that 25% of govt spending is on defence. Hmm so many foreigners in Singapore who took away jobs, house, school place, public transport etc..basically no space and resource left for native citizens to enjoy..isn't that an invasion?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
If the country is poor then nothing to say, but for affluent country not to take care of its elderly, sick etc is no excuse. Especially when they have been so generous to themselves and foreigners. Latest example is the $2.2k bike for Npark staff, so luxurious indeed.

For the money, if its an electric motorbike, electric bicycle or ATV which can be used for off road maintenance, carry load or debri etc then fully understand but foldable bike for 2.2k? Many don't even earn close to half of 2.2k and yet these guys are now defending their decision.

Sometimes, i look at them , i have to start singing my fathers favourite song (Song title translated is literally "I ask heaven")
http://youtu.be/JDZBgHBHQT8

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
The garment would always give the same excuses i.e. tiny red dot have no natural resource$. :rolleyes: Which is quite true...but....

That is what the MIW always lament and put Singapore's achievements as their own doing.

But having a wonderful and strategic location in the middle of a shipping junction and coupled with natural deep sea habours, I would say that they are god-send and equivalent to having a gold mine, copper deposits or oil field.

And given a bunch of conscientious and diligent Singaporeans who have toiled over the years, if that is not a country blessed with resources, I do not know what is then.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
That is what the MIW always lament and put Singapore's achievements as their own doing.

But having a wonderful and strategic location in the middle of a shipping junction and coupled with natural deep sea habours, I would say that they are god-send and equivalent to having a gold mine, copper deposits or oil field.

And given a bunch of conscientious and diligent Singaporeans who have toiled over the years, if that is not a country blessed with resources, I do not know what is then.

Hear hear, the best resources the country has are its human resource but it doubts its own people and doesn't think they are talented DESPITE being the one who sets all the rules, dos and don'ts with regards to education. If you can't entrust your own people whom you educated yourself, then who can you trust? Whats the point of constantly boasting its U ranking in the world when you don't value your grads? When any other degree, whether accredited or not is recognised?

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pigs in rule..
Animal farm
Hear hear, the best resources the country has are its human resource but it doubts its own people and doesn't think they are talented DESPITE being the one who sets all the rules, dos and don'ts with regards to education. If you can't entrust your own people whom you educated yourself, then who can you trust? Whats the point of constantly boasting its U ranking in the world when you don't value your grads? When any other degree, whether accredited or not is recognised?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
RIP. A good man, gone. :'(

NEWS: HSBC Vice President drowned in Singapore River
HSBC Vice President drowned in Singapore River

5 July 2012

A vice president of HSBC Singapore was found dead in the Singapore River according to a report by Shin Min Daily.

The incident happened at around 3.30am on 2 July at the Boat Quay area. Thomas Ang, a 39 year-old VP of HSBC Singapore is believed to have drowned in the Singapore River. His body was found near Fullerton Hotel.

According to one of his relatives, Mr Ang worked from the night of 2 July into early hours of the next morning. It is uncertain how he fell into the River, but his relative said there was a witness at the scene who saw him struggling in the water. However, before the person could reach out to help, Mr Ang was washed away.

Mr Ang reportedly worked very long hours. When his colleagues arrived at his office the morning after the incident, they found his documents opened on his desk, suggesting that he was working right up to the time he drowned.

Mr Ang is survived by his wife and two primary school-aged children. His body was cremated at 3.45pm on 4 July.

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, the damp issue looks quite serious. May I know how old is the house when the damp problem starts to happen?

Damp issue; no big deal to experienced renovation contractor; not those kind that just want to earn quick bucks by painting over it with a new coat of paint. Must find those type that will do some sealing above it; likely caused by small crack lines above the ceiling.

Don't worry too much over petty issues like these; very commonly seen in owner neglected resale units in JB, unlike Singaporeans who treasured their flats and cars more than anything else. Johoreans they don't really bother to take care of their house or cars.

Most important is location, environment, and value for money. :smile:$$

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Petrol price has dropped 20sens!

Shell racing is now @ 290sen and shell 97 is @ 270sen! Malaysia Boleh!!

Crude oil prices dropped from USD 100+ in late April to current USD 80+ , now then adjust down by 20 cents. Last time petrol 97 only cost $2.10.......still a long of way to go before I cheer....:smile:

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro whoami, don't have all the answers.
Did help out a tenant and spent about 1k fixing stuff for him
though he is finishing tenancy soon.

His dad had a motor disease so fixed water heater, electrical points, etc.
My contractor even asked me, how come my own home has no pump as
well as the better automate with backup batt. My wife always shakes her head.

Sometimes though, you can do all you can but it will never be enough. You
Install pump, people complain about noise, you install better gates, people
Say too much privacy. You install auto gate mechanism, people say its a lousy
one when their wheels crush the automate arm when they were reversing.

You charge all others above 3k yet one tenant you charge the lowest is the only
one picking through all the T&Cs. You install solar film but they claim it's not good
enough. The more you give them, the wife keeps thinking you are overcharging
Them. :(

The way to solve your problem.... is to give more to the ones who ask for less , and give less to the one who ask for more...bcos' the former would greatly appreciate your services and effort while the latter will never be satisfied by any amount of effort and services you provide to them. Cheers :-)

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
RIP. A good man, gone. :'(

NEWS: HSBC Vice President drowned in Singapore River
HSBC Vice President drowned in Singapore River

5 July 2012

A vice president of HSBC Singapore was found dead in the Singapore River according to a report by Shin Min Daily.

The incident happened at around 3.30am on 2 July at the Boat Quay area. Thomas Ang, a 39 year-old VP of HSBC Singapore is believed to have drowned in the Singapore River. His body was found near Fullerton Hotel.

According to one of his relatives, Mr Ang workedfrom the night of 2 July into early hours of the next morning. It is uncertain how he fell into the River, but his relative said there was a witness at the scene who saw him struggling in the water. However, before the person could reach out to help, Mr Ang was washed away.

Mr Ang reportedly worked very long hours. When his colleagues arrived at his office the morning after the incident, they found his documents opened on his desk, suggesting that he was working right up to the time he drowned.

Mr Ang is survived by his wife and o primary school-aged children. His body was cremated at 3.45pm on 4 July.

Tough on his wife n kids. I suppose he regretted after jumping bcoz e acct is v different from those who committed suicide at Bedok reservoir n they did not struggle much.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
The thing is we spend 25% on Defence which goes to a very short list of approved suppliers/vendors/contractors which may these companies and certain individuals very wealthy in the process :wink: Ironically, these companies will then hire foreigners to keep their operating costs low and make more money for themselves.

In the past was military invasion during the mid to early 90s. Then followed by economic invasion. Now is human invasion which I think is the most insidious and damaging.

Back to Sg system, never know that 25% of govt spending is on defence. Hmm so many foreigners in Singapore who took away jobs, house, school place, public transport etc..basically no space and resource left for native citizens to enjoy..isn't that an invasion?

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably more than meets the eye :wink:

Still, quality foldable bikes are not cheap. But I cannot understand why they are required :smile:

For the money, if its an electric motorbike, electric bicycle or ATV which can be used for off road maintenance, carry load or debri etc then fully understand but foldable bike for 2.2k? Many don't even earn close to half of 2.2k and yet these guys are now defending their decision.

Sometimes, i look at them , i have to start singing my fathers favourite song (Song title translated is literally "I ask heaven")
http://youtu.be/JDZBgHBHQT8

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
True.. almost all projects are primed by ST... another temasek company. sure win..

The thing is we spend 25% on Defence which goes to a very short list of approved suppliers/vendors/contractors which may these companies and certain individuals very wealthy in the process :wink: Ironically, these companies will then hire foreigners to keep their operating costs low and make more money for themselves.

In the past was military invasion during the mid to early 90s. Then followed by economic invasion. Now is human invasion which I think is the most insidious and damaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.