• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Agents' commission

Thanks mate. Time to take a pic.

FT, yes better bring photo, last month, one day before expiry, we went to tuas check point., after waiting for 15 mins was told that my was MM2 case n need to return to danga bay to renew, drove all the way there n was told to return to tuas checkpoint to do. We explained to them that we came from there as they claimed ours was MM2 case, than they asked for photos n documents again, thinking n heard that it can scan our passport photo so we went without photos , they were very reluctant to do it for us... We keep asking them to help n they oblige. So it's better you bring photos.

Last edited:

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't know BUT check traffic cam at TUAS. If see Q at TUAS CP, Definetly will have jam at Malaysian CIQ. that's been my experience. Don't go later then 10 am. Good luck......

yup was quite jam when i enter at 5.30pm..waited for until 7pm then reach Msia custom

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Almost every Saturday morning when I return to sg at about 9am, I see long queues of cars and coaches waiting to enter Malaysia CIQ. The queue extends up to the brigde.
Don't know BUT check traffic cam at TUAS. If see Q at TUAS CP, Definetly will have jam at Malaysian CIQ. that's been my experience. Don't go later then 10 am. Good luck......

penpen

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear all,

Glad I found this forum here. Have been looking around in the nusajaya area for the past 2-3 months after a friend who bought a house in EL sold me the idea of staying in Johor. We are thinking of getting the house for our own residence and not for investment purpose. Have always been wanting to have a quiet away from city bigger living space for us. And my wife and I found HH, LF and EL very nice.

Initial thought was to get a terrace in EL but there is no more launch for terrace and the resale units are not "released" by the owners yet. So we investigated LF a bit more, and like many of the people here, found bayou creek (both the semi d and LF surroundings) to be great. We think we can live with the inconvenience of the kampong road one has to travel to the LF existing entrances, until the new entrance becomes a reality.

But my question is whether bayou creek semi d is worth its very high price of rm 1.8m?? We are not high income earners, but we feel this is a place where we want to reside and retire in, so we are serously thinking about it.

What do you think? Please feel free to comment and offer your honest opinion...

Thanks.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

If EL new launch can start from 1.8-1.9m and above, why not LF? Once the road is opened, it will be nearer to Tuas than EL..

Dear all,

Glad I found this forum here. Have been looking around in the nusajaya area for the past 2-3 months after a friend who bought a house in EL sold me the idea of staying in Johor. We are thinking of getting the house for our own residence and not for investment purpose. Have always been wanting to have a quiet away from city bigger living space for us. And my wife and I found HH, LF and EL very nice.

Initial thought was to get a terrace in EL but there is no more launch for terrace and the resale units are not "released" by the owners yet. So we investigated LF a bit more, and like many of the people here, found bayou creek (both the semi d and LF surroundings) to be great. We think we can live with the inconvenience of the kampong road one has to travel to the LF existing entrances, until the new entrance becomes a reality.

But my question is whether bayou creek semi d is worth its very high price of rm 1.8m?? We are not high income earners, but we feel this is a place where we want to reside and retire in, so we are serously thinking about it.

Thanks.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear all,

Thanks.

Bro, you say you are not high income earner , but seem like you can easily afford 1.8m semi D ? To me all houses in Nusajaya are all worth their value , some are 500K , some 2 m . The key question is afoldability, are you willing to folk out so much to stay in a Semi -D in LF ? I think 1.8m is a big number to most working class people here leh . :*:

gizmo

Hi guys. I new here so would appreciate any advise or assistance. I have decided to take the plunge and put a booking fee for a property at Setia Eco Cascadia.Going to view their showhouse on 8 July. Any inputs on whether it is a good place. The sole purpose is for me to retire there someday. Till then it would be a weekend home I guess. Was told it is better to buy within the nusajaya area like east Ledang and HH but the asking price is way above my budget. Any advice is appreciated

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Reporting Live from Tuas 2nd Link.

Traffic is light going to Malaysian checkpoint.
Queue of around 1/2 km into Singapore side.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Reached tuas 8 plus , no jam !! Coming back fr 1st link jammed a bit. Glad to be home now to nap ....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Reporting Live from Tuas 2nd Link.

Traffic is light going to Malaysian checkpoint.
Queue of around 1/2 km into Singapore side.

Now I see both directions fr tuas , very jammed Liao. ..... HENG never opt to come back fr tuas , pay so much and yet caught in e jam .....

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, you say you are not high income earner , but seem like you can easily afford 1.8m semi D ? To me all houses in Nusajaya are all worth their value , some are 500K , some 2 m . The key question is afoldability, are you willing to folk out so much to stay in a Semi -D in LF ? I think 1.8m is a big number to most working class people here leh . :*:

Putting things into perspective, RM 1.8 M can be considered cheaper than some HDB masionette or central's 5 room flat. Bro penpen may have that in mind or as a private property, still much lower than those newly launched Punggol condos.

EL/LH/LF may also be more appealing to SG investors as these developments are well marketed and 'atas'. :smile:

No offence, my 2 cents worth.

penpen

Alfrescian
Loyal

Arsenal:
Yup, i think so too, EL new launch has a smaller built up area if i am not wrong..
Road will be open only in 2015 i heard?

jasonjst:
haha bro, i am one of the "most working class" people. And i dont have 1.8m to fork out so have to get a mortgage loan for MOST part of it :smile:

Probably we will try to rent out the hdb here to help with the financing. We figure if we dont try to get one now, the more we cant afford as prices keep rocketing ??

Thats why we have to be careful with our decision and seek opinions here... alternative we may get one slightly further away from spore for a lower price.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Penpen,

Welcome to the Forum.

Agree with Jasonjst's comments.

Personally, I believe LF is one of the best development around Iskandar minus the lousy access. Incidentally, I also happens to like Bayou Creek development. The only person that can answer your question whether the Semi D is worth RM 1.8mil has got to be yourself and wife, fortunately or unfortunately! This is because you are buying a home, not a house for investment. Eventhough I could be paying RM 1.8mil but I felt like S$ 2mil comparing to my relative who live in a corner terrace house back at some busy and noisy Singapore road! I know LF gives us that feel....

It really depends on what you want and how much are you willing to fork out or can afford. RM 1.8 mil is still alot of money by any definition! For that sort of money, you should have quite a few options. My advise is, do spend time looking around and pls dont make hasty decision especially for RM 1.8 mil. Check your affordability, consider all your options carefully and make a rational decision (most of the time we get carried away by our emotion).

All the best in your search, I do hope you will find something that suits your needs.

Cheers
N

Hopeful

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi,
Just to share. My family and I went to CIQ at causeway to renew our MACS last week. No photos needed, even though we had them. We also didn't have to fill in any forms too. Just passed them our passports & paid RM $30. Done in 10 mins!
The main inconvenience was that we had to go to another counter first and surrender our IC's and exchange it for a visitors pass before going to the MACS counter. Not sure how to find the counters just ask the police officers standing around. (that's what we did).
Please note that we were renewing out expired MACS. Not sure if this applies to new applications. :smile:

Hi bros FT and Whoami, sad to see things have turned out that way. Unfortunately, many are still unaware. :(

Cleyeo, you can either go to the CIQ or at Danga bay but will have to bring along photos to renew.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear all,

Thanks.

Bro PenPen

As indicated in my reply to Bro Jasonjst, we may be exposed to the more 'atas' developments that you have surfaced. You may be keen to know some value for money developments like Nusa Duta, Laguna may be worth looking at.

But welcome to the forum. I hope you find the alternative home you are looking for!

Status
Not open for further replies.