• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi....i need sincere opinion from fellow ferns here who have stayed in JB....what do you guys think about Taman laguna? I am actually in a midst of finalizing between laguna, horizon and nusa duta...do give your opinion...thankssss

My opinion is if u can afford , first choice will be horizon hills, Nusa duta then Laguna.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro Wuqi,

Im a newbie here. Am also interested in getting a place in Bt Indah (eg. Nusa Duta, Nusa Idaman) if the price is affordable.
If you hav any friend buyers who are selling their units, would really appreciate if I can get their contacts. Thanks a lot!

U can pm vincentck , he is selling NI phase 8a corner lot.

leenatazri

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi dreamaction

thanks for the reply...yes its hard to decide the best of the best but this is my opinion of the 3 developments

1) Nusa Duta.....nice houses and many says of the GURKHA guard which is loyal and reliable...to compare with horizons their units (NUSA) are bigger and still at affordable price and easy access via 1st link and 2nd link though it takes approx 20 mins compare to horizon hills which takes 10/15 mins via 2nd link.

2) Horizon...Favorite of many investor....lots of them inclusive my frens has been talking a lot on this property, be its property, location and future interest. But the only thing that hold me back is the PRICE...WOWWWWwwww.....expensive....

3) Taman Laguna....eyeing on this one, super nice unit but management is no no.....i can see good development in this area, SUPER BEST about this location is very near to both 1st link and second link, very accessible, since i need to travel to and fro tis is actually my best choice, Why i am still considering, bcz of its less known developer NUSA UTAMA, and bad service of their management....im just thinking far, if should there be any problems or defect, how reliable their after service? other than the management itself Laguna is the best, i love the concept and build up is also very big and nice :smile:)

THKS!!

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Sanur, Very very nice! I would want to except that perharps my weight would cause the tree to crash.
Thanks to sis Crystal for sharing!

Haha, not to worry, the tree house is built on a proper foundation as its built by the this show house builder. Many adults went up n afew of us steeped there for a few nights.

lakeview

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi....i need sincere opinion from fellow ferns here who have stayed in JB....what do you guys think about Taman laguna? I am actually in a midst of finalizing between laguna, horizon and nusa duta...do give your opinion...thankssss

1) HH
2)
3)
4)
5)
6) Nusa Duta
7)
8) Laguna

bbbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) HH
2)
3)
4)
5)
6) Nusa Duta
7)
8) Laguna

Hmm.. i bought tmn laguna, but hvnt move in. I nvr view nusa so i cant tell, so i can only compare Horizon hill vs Tmn Laguna

Horizon Hills- Exclusive area, better landscaping and ambience, however the house size is small (terrace) and price as u can see, its very high now
Laguna- Average landscaping, not as exclusive as horizon hills. However the house size is huge and the lay out is excellent (highest ceiling), and price is less then horizon hills.

Security, i hv no idea as i hv not moved in yet.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
An old memory was recalled after reading the following. In the early 80's, I invited an American friend to visit my sg home. He brought along his sister who had flown from Houston to visit him in sg. Her comment-- how could you people tolerate others shitting on your head in an apartment block(HDB)?
Of course it was meant to be a joke, by a country gal who never lived in big US cities like NY, LA. But really, even for those folks who live in suburbs, moving to live in a city is stressful, not to mention adding cultural shock on top of that. Moving here is a relief and a wise choice.
Today morning, my American colleague told me that he had just make an offer for a Cluster semi-D at HH after viewing on Sunday.

Right now, he shutters in from SG as he is based in Malaysia and paying S$20 every day for his Msia car. Looks like no more revenue of S$20 daily for pap.

Just only a few weeks ago, his wife came along and over to check it out whether they can re-locate to Msia instead of renting a hdb at Clementi. They used to staying in big landed properties in Houston and then hdb in Sg.

Hopefully there will be more Sgrean and other foreigners here and this community can grows and look out for each other.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems that the tree has no more leaves. I think the tree trunk needs to be chemically treated to prevent rotting and fungi growth. A lightning arrester may be essential if no tree in close proximity is taller. Ideal to own land to build as one wishes and no need to ask for permission or approval.
Hi narmi,

No it's fake, he recommended real trunk n straw roof which I think it's beautiful, we decided against it due to high maintence, since we seldom go in. FYI the tree house have sliding doors, probtable Aircon, tv, ceiling fan n lights.
Talk about being in "nature".

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now I know why u are dream or action... This pic was first day, third day we put up the swing. Go get a 1 ringgit tire, n buy the ropes from those shop that sells boating equipment, cos its uv treated, I got a cargo net, yet to put up as a climbing net. Will post when it's done.

Sis sanur, make sure the tire got holes so no stagnant water due to rain n wont be breedg ground for mosquitoes :smile:

lakeview

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lakeview care to fill in the other blanks based on ur opinion?

No lah, i purposely put some blanks as to indicate some development are slight behind others, not comparing apple to apple.

In fact if based on house build quality, HH is not even in top 10 list in JB. But as a whole package, they are among the top.

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe you could let us know what other properties you are seen that came that you have came to this stage to finalise these 3 properties?
Are you comparing Terrace, cluster? My understanding there is no terrace in ND.

Status
Not open for further replies.