• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds good bro. Please Keep us posted on your exciting project :smile:

u r right. Extend the bathroom n put a bathtub
Rain shower. Wall facing bedroom change to glass panel
Wall facing living hall also glass

Wanted a glass roof top built above existing glass to enable air ventilation but contractor seems clueless how to do

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Brought wife and kids to TGV today and rushed around doing work, running errands for others before that. Not bad the Madagascar 3 show,we watched the 3d version and paid 23 each. Not bad, 3d glasses are also included with the show as well so you can use it if you have 3d tv back home.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I asked before and was told that tax will be levied (5%) on the interests earned if the deposit amount is more than 50k and tenure is less than or equal to 12 months. Actually, forgot whether it's 50k or 100k threshold.

If I recall correctly, it's 100k RM. :smile:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh right, so we actually pay for the glasses and bring it home.

But what glasses are they? Example, glasses for LG, sharp and Samsung are all different ... Which tv can those cinema glasses be used on?

Brought wife and kids to TGV today and rushed around doing work, running errands for others before that. Not bad the Madagascar 3 show,we watched the 3d version and paid 23 each. Not bad, 3d glasses are also included with the show as well so you can use it if you have 3d tv back home.

Last edited:

currahee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Serious you can bring home the 3D glasses? The last time I was there we have to return

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the air well, my idea is buy a parasol or giant umbrella which are sold at Ikea. less than S$100 for parasol and base stand.
Understand bro. But that glass roof will reduce your airiation I think. I'm also not sure if it will create some green-house effect and if you would feel warm sitting under it? And at night, if u have a lot a lot of plants in the courtyard, take note that plants will take in oxygen at night, instead of carbon dioxide. Im not sure if u would feel stuffy becausw of this and The effect might be insignificant, but just thought I would share what I still remember I learned in school lol

Anyway, bases on what I have seen so far, I would choose the aluminium louvre :smile:

I saw the banner for The 70" sharp. Have not seen it at the electronics shop yet. It certainly will look incredible in one (out of six) of your huge rooms :smile: best to knock down one wall to combine two rooms into one :smile:

Jujube

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey,
I am still takin my time to view through the quotation and materials for the things i wanna do.. man, many things need to check.. cause somethings are too expensive.. here are the main items i m searchiing for alternate

1. Glass Roof Top to cover the Airwell- One fella quoted me RM14k
2. Wood floor on Courtyard, Terrace, Part of front terrace- the fella quote me RM23k using chengai wood, looking for alternative like Balau
3. Masterbathroom enlarge and change one whole wall to Glass panel- RM18k excluding piping and fitting (bathtub, basing, tap, rainshower)
4. Masterbedroom Walk in wardrobe- Patition quoted RM11k, Wardrobe another RM9k
5. Electrical jobs plus aircon piping - RM18k!!!! Fainting..

These are those main items i m looking for alternative contractors and material, rest not much issues... wish me luck getting closer to my dream home.

Isn't it great if you could do this

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
The glass roof initial thought is to able to hv a sitting area rain or shine.. of course if unable to find an alternative, will jus install what the developer has.

Rought calculation, exclude furniture and electronic appliances, going to cost me ard RM130k to achieve something i am ok with.. maynot be exactly what i really wan interms of materials and design but something i can accept.. hv to strike a balance in between what i want and wat deem worthy. .

Cause i am going to spend a lot in my entertainment room.. lol..
Will install 1 Movie theatre system and 1 karaoke system independantly.. can hv party at home..
(Eyeing on Sharp 70" LED, only minus point it does not come with 3D)

Wow 70" tv! I Can imagine watchg football on that screen man! Excellent kekeke. Bro why not consider projectn system for that cinematic experience?

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just watched movie at TGV @ Jusco bukit indah last night.. Citibank card holders can buy ticket at 10rm at the counter.. (including sg crecit cards)

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, did u buy laguna too?

I think the parasol is more ideal to be put at the front porch, instead at the central courtyard :smile:

For the air well, my idea is buy a parasol or giant umbrella which are sold at Ikea. less than S$100 for parasol and base stand.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sure he is well into these electronics systems and he will set up a really powerful combination.

Btw bro bbbear, what system, speakers and its brand do you intend to get? Will you buy from Adelphi? So far, I haven't seen any decent brand for the systems in JB, have you?

Wow 70" tv! I Can imagine watchg football on that screen man! Excellent kekeke. Bro why not consider projectn system for that cinematic experience?

Last edited:

Avonup

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which part of Bt Indah is the restaurant located? Thanks.

Wrapping the pork in lettuce and garlic is definitely a Korean style of eating. We tried that in Korea a number of times - our favourite.
Vietnamese eats popiah wrapped with vegetables, meat and rice and dipped in a 'heavenly' sauce which I have yet to find out what it was.

The ginseng chicken is ok ..but once you have tried the real stuff in Korean ... there is this tendency to compare.

Overall , Uncle Jang is a authetic place to eat Korean food ... reasonable price ...wonderful service and I enjoyed watching the Koreans tucking in their food there and listening to them chatter in Korean :smile: You can't get this from fake Korean buffet in Singapore.

Nomadoi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I asked before and was told that tax will be levied (5%) on the interests earned if the deposit amount is more than 50k and tenure is less than or equal to 12 months. Actually, forgot whether it's 50k or 100k threshold. To overcome this, bank will place multiple sum of 50k (or 100k pending confirmation on which figure is correct) for period up to 12 months (assuming one opts for 12-month FD). I have not heard of tax being levied based on amount of interests earned

I could be wrong so please feel free to correct

If I recall correctly, it's 100k RM. :smile:

Thank u Doa n Wuqi.. Will ask the banker to reconfirm...

nickyu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Avonup said:
Which part of Bt Indah is the restaurant located? Thanks.

Just back from dinner at uncle jang, its actually near the nusa duta office...not along the main road though so u hv to explore ard abit

Status
Not open for further replies.