• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think it will be forever. Now more ppl start to use Liao.if coming from pelangi will get stuck too coz a lot of cars turning left to custom. Fr coastal highway to Danga no direct access to this path leh. Did u see the condo on e right ? Only level 2 , 1 unit occupied. E owner dare to stay there wor.

You meant the BUKIT chagar luxurious apartment? I actually took a picture of it and you were right there was only one unit lit up and the guard house. If one is desperate and without a car, that is probably the nearest place to ciq(really within walking distance) for one to live and walk to CIQ to catch a bus to Sg to work every morning. Along BUKIT chagar also got a few 8ringhit car washes before one continue journey to Sg.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sgtsk

That's e one. I won't dare to stay there. Just curious if it's near to CIA , y is it not fully occupied.

I hope to find out next time I am near there, provided the guard willing to talk. Further up the road there is the royal Malaysian police quarters, the multi storey condo looking building. Just tenember, there is also a big car and motorcycle parking called Sun parking I think quite like Singapore park and ride. For anyone driving Malaysian cars or otherwise to park and get a bus ride to Sg.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exams are finally over! I visited 7 show offices over the weekends! Will read all the posts I have missed and come back here! I am back viewing show units, talking sales people, bankers, and all! :biggrin:

Went to Nusa Idaman, Nusa Duta, Setia Bukit Indah, East Ledang, Nusa Heights, Sutera Utama (The Seed and Impressions) and Bestari Heights. I am also doing Singapore property on weekdays! :cool:

Last edited:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
The revisits to these show offices, I see that there's still a lot of activities going on in JB market. Prices have gone up over these few months and most of the 500k units are taken up, or if not, they have reached the foreign quotas in some projects. Not as much choices as before, I see demand increasing faster than supply for the 500-600k range.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
read the edge, i property, home buyer, and I must say most of the stats given are outdated. Best is to personally go and talk to people in the industry. Doing online research is not good enough.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder everyone knows there is a at least another way to get into Malaysia CIQ on the way back to Sg. I chanced upon it while I was just driving around the CIQ area one day. There is a entry to CIQ, usually less jam, along jalan BUKIT chagar I think, a connecting with jln storey, just in front of pacific mall, just behing shell station and b point next to CIQ. This entry joins with the main CIQ entry just at the entrance to CIQ building. You could also get to this entry using the JB sentral way from the seaside roads(not sure if it is jln sultan Ibrahim or tanjung Puteri) next to Ciq. Normally I get to 'cut q' using this entry. Not sure how long before the advantage is gone.

Thanks for sharing! I remember the shortcut was mentioned before but no details were provided. Sometimes when I am jammed in the queue to get into Msia custom on the way back to SG, I do wonder where is the shortcut...but how to go there from where it is jammed and the queue is formed (coming back from Coastal highway)?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is one area that SG is superior. It is easy to obtain caveats to check on previous transacted prices.

If the ceiling is indeed raised, I am very sure prices will just magically escalate and yes, locals are laughing at us buying in at these prices. Think there is too much feel good sentiment and one has to be careful here which has a history of flip-flop policies although it has improved over time.

But again, I am a very cautious, conservative and risk averse fellow so am careful where I put my hard earned money in and I never believe in leverage/debt :smile:

I remember you were renting HH terrace to test water...so you bought the house you rented?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks so much for sharing this insightful article, definitely worth pondering over the next 50 man years that they take to sort things out.

Not 50, they needed 56 man years...anyway 20 years have passed in a blink, wonder why the subsequent presidents no need such info to guard the reserves?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes indeed, i only inform those who are interested. i didn't mention which project unless they want to let the cat out of the bag!

Some ppl they want to help others in the end........

Some ppl from sg r not rich as u wuqi so they can't afford horizon hills which price climbing due to many so call rich ppl like u making the price up up and away!
Please don't be mistaken, I know you meant well, just like i helped to clean up after you and this is the thanks i get.

For your information, the very reason why this thread was started in the first place 3 years ago was to share and back then i found a pot of gold, i already shared with others. Its either they were late or doubted back then MY that they did not make the trip here. I shared with everyone i cared about and all the sharing were legit stuff. 4 of my own subsequent units were all bought subsale and already it was high at that point in time and i paid through the nose for agents who did next to nothing for me.

Back then people pointed to me and said i was crazy, they said i was crazy too when i shared online what i found. They said i will lose the shirt on my back, today the same guys bought more units than my friends and myself combined.

Already the subsale prices were high even back then. While being accused of trying to make money from "gullible" Singaporeans, i went ahead and bought 4 units as a "gullible" Singaporean myself.

People who knows me knows what humble background i came from so i am certainly not rich, i am not preventing you from sharing but share with some common sense? If you are sharing about a place where they say its 500k but then give furniture, furnishings, etc then go ahead. No one is stopping you from sharing and helping others. You made it sound as if you weren't welcomed or leaving the forum, i wouldn't have bothered to clean up for you during my family hours if you were not welcomed.

Btw, seems the rumour about the levy going up is pretty true. It may come sooner than expected.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Went with a friend to a few places today, saw Laguna (all foreigners places all sold), Nusa Sentral (500 RM to get started) and also went to talk about The Hills and The Greens with a bro who was one of the first to point me to MY but didn't buy himself. Saw prices for The Greens, 24x75 about 700k and the Hills at about 825k (26 x 80)

Laguna - Very uppity sales lady who told us all foreigners allocation are closed for Phase 2. Phase 3 they will launch at 700k plus.

Nusa Sentral - Still only need RM 500 deposit to get started, Phase A, B and C with Phase C being the one furthest away, about close to 500k for intermediate and they give 10% off. We can only get the corner lot though and those which are at least 500k and above.

HH

The Greens - Later completion
24 x 75 - 706k
Denser precint as compared
Cluster (much bigger) 1.1m and 3 storey one, 1.4m

The Hills - Earlier completion
26 x 80 - 825k
Lighter precint
Cluster - 960k (32 x 75)

Have to say, despite some of the bad stuff posted about Shin Yi, have to be fair to her.

There was one time she met up with a client in HH and was having her dinner alone. I was bringing my family there for dinner and we asked her about some brochures for my brother in law, she smile and despite it being a public holiday and one she certainly wasn't working, she gamely finished her food and open up the office to give me brochures.

Actually she and Daffy probably thought every time i accompany a friend to see them, it will definitely not succeed from the 4-5 cases where in the end they bought at other places. They probably didn't know the many referrals i made nor does it matter in the scheme of things as i just wanted to help. Some friends would have thought i wanted commissions so those i do not know well enough, i will just point them in the direction and leave it at that. There are many people who doesn't want anyones help so if you help them directly, they will not accept it. So many recent cases where either people want to give me money or doubted my sincerity after that.

Again bros who want to help should check and point out if there were any previous better discounts for earlier phases so that no one gets the wrong impression that you are pocketing anything or getting a cut.

I only found out recently though that the guys in HH, they do get a commission (1%) and it was not true that they don't get anything like what someone once claimed to me back then. That in itself should ensure more cases get followed up though i think.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Arowana88

I would say coz wuqi started early n his tenants are paying for his mortgage loans and makes him can bought a few properties.

Thanks a lot for your understanding, back then i already started sharing when prices have gone up but still not that high yet. I didn't buy like 40-50 units which could have caused the prices to go up? I also bought at HH, Nusa Duta so next i will get blamed when people cannot buy East Ledang or Leisure Farm.

I know the pitfalls of sharing too much information in the past, some of those who bought their houses here started to compare and compete which was not my intention at all.

Whenever people asked me why my place looks simple, i have no money to renovate my house or to add things, i will just keep quiet or smile. How to renovate every one of the houses when i am the sole breadwinner? I do not have a rich father or someone to send me for education/subsidize wedding/renovation/housing/upgrade to condo.

Everything i have, i got through sheer hard work from the age of 14 as funding for my education stopped back then. I managed to work, keep studying and luckily despite working full time, managed to remain in the express stream throughout. LISTENING TO OTHERS (to the right people) and MAKING UP MY OWN MIND as well as plenty of luck.

Most of the time, listening to the wrong people leads them astray, listening to the right people but not making up the mind leads to certain angst in the end.

The only one who did help me out is ironically not a relative but just an aquaintance and she has regrettably already passed on. Auntie Ah Hong, BK Mgr, Thomson Plaza branch. please RIP. The good die young. :(

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
In Singapore, it used to be that once a complaint is made, even a anonymous one, the authority is obliged to investigate. Malaysian authority is not so hardworking but an opportunistic politician or an equally powerful competing developer, with their own vested interests, may push for action against the developer concerned(and probably all parties involved unless one gets a bargain to be procecution witness) Once a while cases in malaysia similar in nature came out in the papers. It appears prudent for one not to talk publicly about this if one is involved.

Yes, i checked and they did take action before so just have to be careful about things like that. Just share sparingly and with those you trust when you see such things, the implications may be very severe. Always go with legit whenever possible.

Someone learned in the legal circles once said to me, Its not such a bad thing if the price is at least close or very near to the minimum OR when they have added in freebies to justify it legally (free kitchen/renovation/accessories) but not when the actual price difference is more than 6 figures, the risk is just that much higher.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Good advise on the shop house selection.. Less turns, facing main road, lots of parking space in front of buildings, Not too many stairs, for ladies business, right Neighbour higher than left, for man business, left neighbour higher than right.. Also behind good to have some support.. And avoid tree facing entrance... Ha ha.. But good to know these....m

Probably not too much, there is such a thing as too much information and may lead to paralysis over the analysis. Btw, back to the kickbacks you were talking about, there was never any kickbacks for any HH nor Nusa Duta houses, in fact i can state here i never got anything from the developers. Even when bros here got one, you should know whether people like me ever get anything.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing! I remember the shortcut was mentioned before but no details were provided. Sometimes when I am jammed in the queue to get into Msia custom on the way back to SG, I do wonder where is the shortcut...but how to go there from where it is jammed and the queue is formed (coming back from Coastal highway)?

This is a bit tricky for me to describe because I only used it a few times and each time I found the way by trial and error. May be if you go google map and type CIQ JB to get the relevant map out on the screen, you could figure out what I am going to explain here.

If you are coming in to Pusat Bandaraya from coastal highway direction, then probably easier to get to the second CIQ entrance via the JB sentral way by going up the flyover(the one above the old JB check point). Remember not long ago when one drove from Sg using causeway and came out from the old Jb check point. One normally drove along the coast a short distance and made a U turn(near the post office) to go into Jln Wong Ah Fook. To get to the JB sentral CIQ entrance, you should not turn into JLn Wong Ah Fook but go straight up the fly-over until you come to a traffic light and turn left to JB sentral and proceed along until the end and turn right(there is a sign reading Bukit Chagar I think). Again I have not driven using this route but I took a walk around JB sentral after I parked in Jln Chagar and it seems to me that this is the way to get to JB sentral from the Jln Ibrahim side near the sea.

(Again, looking at the map would help) The other way is to find your way to Jln Storey in front of the abandoned Pacific Mall and Jln Chagar is a continuation from Jln Storey. Imagine you are coming out from CIQ from Sg and keeping left and driving towards Pusat Bandaraya, you will come across shell, B point and then Nufri Building. The small road btw B point and Nufri building leads to a traffic light by the side of abandoned PAcific Mall. On turning left, it is Jln Chagar leading to the second CiQ entrance.

I would caution just use my description as a guide to try find out yourself when you are not rushed for time. Sorry I could not be clearer. Good luck.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whoa, you have an excellent memory.

Yes after renting for a year, have decided to buy a terrace since I am staying on my own, no need for a larger place. Not the place I am renting though as it is the retirement home for my landlord who is ironically a SPR.

My new place is 1 street away and I have signed on the SPA and should be moving in a month's time or so. Going to be rather funny to move just a few hundred meters away as logistically, I am hesitating between doing it myself or negotiating a lower rate from the movers due to the short distance involved :smile:

I remember you were renting HH terrace to test water...so you bought the house you rented?

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please don't be mistaken, I know you meant well, just like i helped to clean up after you and this is the thanks i get.

For your information, the very reason why this thread was started in the first place 3 years ago was to share and back then i found a pot of gold, i already shared with others. Its either they were late or doubted back then MY that they did not make the trip here. I shared with everyone i cared about and all the sharing were legit stuff. 4 of my own subsequent units were all bought subsale and already it was high at that point in time and i paid through the nose for agents who did next to nothing for me.

Back then people pointed to me and said i was crazy, they said i was crazy too when i shared online what i found. They said i will lose the shirt on my back, today the same guys bought more units than my friends and myself combined.

Already the subsale prices were high even back then. While being accused of trying to make money from "gullible" Singaporeans, i went ahead and bought 4 units as a "gullible" Singaporean myself.

People who knows me knows what humble background i came from so i am certainly not rich, i am not preventing you from sharing but share with some common sense? If you are sharing about a place where they say its 500k but then give furniture, furnishings, etc then go ahead. No one is stopping you from sharing and helping others. You made it sound as if you weren't welcomed or leaving the forum, i wouldn't have bothered to clean up for you during my family hours if you were not welcomed.

Btw, seems the rumour about the levy going up is pretty true. It may come sooner than expected.

Wuqi pai seh for the misunderstanding and thanks for the editions... anyway i was told by the agent from the developer that its was a joke he was pulling on me! Just move on!

He got a very good scolding from me afterall....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.