• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe the MRT & 3rd link will be a game changer for JB properties. Better to buy now than later. I think their idea is to milk cheap labour acoss the causeway but ensure that these pple are housed in their JB homes to limit overcrowding problems on the island.

MRT and 3rd link will be game changers. When they are done. If they are done well and the border crossing is managed well.

Buying now to profit from the gains certainly makes sense. It does have risks though. It is easier to talk about a wonderful future than actually pull it off. But Iskandar has been doing things well for the last 5 years. That is reassuring. The new CEO was right when he said the next 5 years is going to be harder than the last 5.

Iskandar can run into some real traffic problems (both locally and with inadequate capacity to Singapore).

The MRT and 3rd link will enable more Singaporean investment. I think one of the huge keys is Singapore companies actually moving some jobs to Johor. That will greatly help ease the bottleneck at the links and immigration. This is common pattern (moving jobs to suburbs) across the globe. Normally keep executive offices and some functions in the city, move more than 50% off to the suburbs. They can't do that if the links between the two countries are too frequently delayed (a small percentage of people need to commute between the 2 sites but if it isn't reliable that is a big problem).

That they plan on such huge increases in Iskandar population and jobs and already have bad delay problems is a big issue. Even if the 3rd link and MRT are done perfectly and very speedily this could create big problems for years (prior to those solutions getting in place and functioning at maximum capacity). Especially if more isn't done to move some jobs from Singapore. If you can move 100,000 jobs that are currently done by people commuting into Singapore that will be a huge help. Of course the increased tourism traffic going to Iskandar can easily overcome those gains and make the problem worse.

It is a delicate balance. And it is especially tricky when the plan is for such dramatically quick and huge growth.

To say nothing of the very serious global economic risks. Really bad problems in Europe, USA, China or even Japan can have serious repercussion very quickly.

But for things to go well I think the 2 biggest keys are very good transportation operations between Singapore and Johor and actually getting close the hoped for number of good jobs in Johor. The prospects for that look good. Another key is transportation within Iskandar. That isn't an bad problem yet. But with the current growth plans it could become a major issue very quickly. It is something you have to plan for years in advance and if you miscalculate it can create huge problems.

The keys are actually very easy to manage compared to the issues most areas would face attempting anything like Iskandar. That is do in big part to Singapore, and also to how well Iskandar has been managed by Malaysia so far. They have really set things up to succeed very well. But a few slip ups and quickly you can get in trouble and things can "snowball" http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/a-snowball-effect very quickly (right now this is happening in a positive way, but it can happen in a negative way much more quickly).

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great comments bro curious cat...I would like to add on if both Gov can reduce the time spent at the CIQ, I think it would do wonders to the business community and make it seamless moving btw the 2 places. That would definitely make more ppl to move over!

My 2 cents... Every time I use the causeway, I see the lorries and whatnot stuck in the jam, really waste of time and petrol! If they can clear faster definitely will encourage more economic activities btw both countries!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
My frens says epf is a political front if the MY Gov.. And when the G wants $$, they go to epf, just like the recent handout of 500 to the poor! this is to entice the voters to vote for them
The other case is to provide loans to the ppl to buy houses, in the 1st place these ppl are not able to get loans from the banks for whatever reasons and the G ask the epf to step in so that they are able to fund the projects.. In other words funding their cronies and giving $$ to ppl who are not creditworthy! Both ways $$ down the drain!!

Hmm...you are saying your frens say MY govt is robbing the masses to pay themselves and the poor? Sounds familiar what, except I'll say SG CPF, COE, ERP etc are robbing the masses to pay themselves and the foreigners!

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
MRT and 3rd link will be game changers. When they are done. If they are done well and the border crossing is managed well.

Buying now to profit from the gains certainly makes sense. It does have risks though. It is easier to talk about a wonderful future than actually pull it off. But Iskandar has been doing things well for the last 5 years. That is reassuring. The new CEO was right when he said the next 5 years is going to be harder than the last 5.

Iskandar can run into some real traffic problems (both locally and with inadequate capacity to Singapore).

The MRT and 3rd link will enable more Singaporean investment. I think one of the huge keys is Singapore companies actually moving some jobs to Johor. That will greatly help ease the bottleneck at the links and immigration. This is common pattern (moving jobs to suburbs) across the globe. Normally keep executive offices and some functions in the city, move more than 50% off to the suburbs. They can't do that if the links between the two countries are too frequently delayed (a small percentage of people need to commute between the 2 sites but if it isn't reliable that is a big problem).

That they plan on such huge increases in Iskandar population and jobs and already have bad delay problems is a big issue. Even if the 3rd link and MRT are done perfectly and very speedily this could create big problems for years (prior to those solutions getting in place and functioning at maximum capacity). Especially if more isn't done to move some jobs from Singapore. If you can move 100,000 jobs that are currently done by people commuting into Singapore that will be a huge help. Of course the increased tourism traffic going to Iskandar can easily overcome those gains and make the problem worse.

It is a delicate balance. And it is especially tricky when the plan is for such dramatically quick and huge growth.

To say nothing of the very serious global economic risks. Really bad problems in Europe, USA, China or even Japan can have serious repercussion very quickly.

But for things to go well I think the 2 biggest keys are very good transportation operations between Singapore and Johor and actually getting close the hoped for number of good jobs in Johor. The prospects for that look good. Another key is transportation within Iskandar. That isn't an bad problem yet. But with the current growth plans it could become a major issue very quickly. It is something you have to plan for years in advance and if you miscalculate it can create huge problems.

The keys are actually very easy to manage compared to the issues most areas would face attempting anything like Iskandar. That is do in big part to Singapore, and also to how well Iskandar has been managed by Malaysia so far. They have really set things up to succeed very well. But a few slip ups and quickly you can get in trouble and things can "snowball" http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/a-snowball-effect very quickly (right now this is happening in a positive way, but it can happen in a negative way much more quickly).

For retirees no such job and traffic considerations, with ageing SG population and escalating costs, more will move to Iskandar regardless of traffic conditions...

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Better still the two countries become single market and with free movement of people, investment and businesses, much like EU way.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
So tired the last few days, running around for work, settle wife's company stuff and mostly for the commercial project in Senai.

Especially the last one, very disappointing experience as after paying the deposit and waiting for banks to approve, now suddenly
called me yesterday to let go of one of my units. Then suddenly only today the other bank told me approved. Worse, found out
today that one bank has already informed the developer 2 weeks ago that the loan for me was already approved but they didn't
inform anyone and Monday, their guy called me and forced me to let go of one unit. I called them after that when the banks called
me but they have already let go. :(

After running around and issuing cheques for guys, etc and all this pro bono, ended up with no unit for myself except shared ones.

I have already written in to their guys but not sure how they will handle this, lost a lot of faith in the developer. I will be offline
for the next few days to settle the things. I will finish up on all the PMs before i concentrate on my stuff. Will update everyone on
how it goes.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hmm...you are saying your frens say MY govt is robbing the masses to pay themselves and the poor? Sounds familiar what, except I'll say SG CPF, COE, ERP etc are robbing the masses to pay themselves and the foreigners!

People just do not know yet the extent of how deep things goes, at least they know what they are in for in MY, robbers and all.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont worry, you will be blessed with better opportunity.. Sometimes things that are yours will be yours..

So tired the last few days, running around for work, settle wife's company stuff and mostly for the commercial project in Senai.

Especially the last one, very disappointing experience as after paying the deposit and waiting for banks to approve, now suddenly
called me yesterday to let go of one of my units. Then suddenly only today the other bank told me approved. Worse, found out
today that one bank has already informed the developer 2 weeks ago that the loan for me was already approved but they didn't
inform anyone and Monday, their guy called me and forced me to let go of one unit. I called them after that when the banks called
me but they have already let go. :(

After running around and issuing cheques for guys, etc and all this pro bono, ended up with no unit for myself except shared ones.

I have already written in to their guys but not sure how they will handle this, lost a lot of faith in the developer. I will be offline
for the next few days to settle the things. I will finish up on all the PMs before i concentrate on my stuff. Will update everyone on
how it goes.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
For retirees no such job and traffic considerations, with ageing SG population and escalating costs, more will move to Iskandar regardless of traffic conditions...

Yes.. I think so.. If one don't buy car in Singapore at current price, stop being the walking ATM, he will have better chance to retire early outside Singapore..

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont worry, you will be blessed with better opportunity.. Sometimes things that are yours will be yours..

Yah bro wuqi, what is yrs is yrs, nobody can change that! As you once said to me, there is a reason for all these when I was depressed about my job... Is the talent that is in you that is the real treasure! Better opportunity will come yr way..

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
People just do not know yet the extent of how deep things goes, at least they know what they are in for in MY, robbers and all.

Haha the MY robbers still take some and give to the poor, for sure better than giving to the foreigners who insult Singaporeans no end...

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coastal highway via danga bay.. 14min to reach causeway from Nusaduta..

Reached causeway before 4:30pm plus plus will be generally perfect...

Hi guys,
Would like to check with you guys which route is the best and fastest to travel from Nusa DUta/Bkt Indah area to causeway?
What would be the best time to depart and usually what times does the traffic builds up in the causeway?

Appreciate fellow brothers advice. :smile:

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha the MY robbers still take some and give to the poor, for sure better than giving to the foreigners who insult Singaporeans no end...

I won't blame foreigners.. I blame the policy makers who create the mess.. all for their relentless persuit of bonus..

Last edited:

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Seems like u hv a deep hatred for the sg gov...guess is how each individual perceive the gov..
There will always be pros and cons and gov of the day wil not be able to satisfy all..

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
My take is simple, you wish to be paid highest in the world, then my expectations and standard I hold you to will likewise be the highest too :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I won't blame foreigners.. I blame the policy makers who create the mess.. all for their relentless persuit of bonus..

True, I also think PAP is the source of the problem, foreigners take the cue from the govt...in other countries, foreigners will not dare to misbehave...

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coastal highway via danga bay.. 14min to reach causeway from Nusaduta..

Reached causeway before 4:30pm plus plus will be generally perfect...
I was there at 3.30 pm yesterday, still spent a good 35-40 mins to clear both checkpoints. Saw a lot if lorries that was the cause of the slight delay as they took up part of the car lanes after exiting my checkpoint on the way to sg...still, think 30 mins is kinda normal to clear the causeway traffic..

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
My take is simple, you wish to be paid highest in the world, then my expectations and standard I hold you to will likewise be the highest too :smile:

Issin't sg always ranked high if not the highest in everything?? Are they not doing their job??

Status
Not open for further replies.