• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the reply. This should be highlighted to those who are thinking of buying unit(s) to rent out while still staying in SG as this will severely affect their calculations :smile:

Yes that is correct. Its different if the person is a tax resident though, as lots to deduct, books, internet, etc.
The 26% is for non tax resident who does not stay at least 182 days in a year.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whoever is the title/main sponsor, you get your name on the event. Since you paid top dollar for sponsoring, it makes absolute sense to market/advertise your brand name right on top!

Oh i am sure. Its organized by Merc and then they have BMW events too, sponsored by BMW of course.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually BI has a curtain shop, along the Station One cafe, sis Crystal could try that one
just in case.

Hi Wuqi , DOA

I am looking for a seamstress to do alterations on my skirts , pants etc ....
usually i try to avoid Holiday Plaza as I dun like the car park and environment there ....
Last time used to take taxi to there to eat , shop and do hair and nails services ....

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see. Then can't go wrong with holiday plaza. U will be able to get it done there. How about parking at ksl and walk over?

Actually, I recall there is a shop inside plaza pelangi, 2nd floor, near escalator above sushi king. U can check that out. But because there is only one shop there, not sure if the price is competitive

I think all tailors can do alteration for both ladies and gents bah ...

Hi Wuqi , DOA

I am looking for a seamstress to do alterations on my skirts , pants etc ....
usually i try to avoid Holiday Plaza as I dun like the car park and environment there ....
Last time used to take taxi to there to eat , shop and do hair and nails services ....

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks for the reply. This should be highlighted to those who are thinking of buying unit(s) to rent out while still staying in SG as this will severely affect their calculations :smile:

Yes, this was actually highlighted a few times back then, actually should be several hundred pages behind now.
Perharps time to create a dedicated page on taxation.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
^^Too much good info in this main thread but hard to find. Need to collate better by separating into individual threads I guess.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some developments are still relatively valued for money such as nusa idaman. Since its for investment, visit the respective sales office and exercise your own judgement, because We recommend more towards own stay.

i think u can recommend Taman Laguna too .... NI no more international lots at the moment. Also NI appreciation not as much as HH and Laguna
U need to have more neighbours than us ....

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks sis. The upfront capital for taman laguna (10% down payment + all fees) is almost double of that at NI. That's why in a relative comparison, NI would appear more attractive, if looking from the perspective of cost only (since its for investment, they would be looking at lowest possible outlay as one of the critical considerations)

There will be some upcoming semi-d available to foreigners (about 50% quota). Last check indicated that they would be launching in July.

i think u can recommend Taman Laguna too .... NI no more international lots at the moment. Also NI appreciation not as much as HH and Laguna
U need to have more neighbours than us ....

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks sis. The upfront capital for taman laguna (10% down payment + all fees) is almost double of that at NI. That's why in a relative comparison, NI would appear more attractive, if looking from the perspective of cost only (since its for investment, they would be looking at lowest possible outlay as one of the critical considerations)

There will be some upcoming semi-d available to foreigners (about 50% quota). Last check indicated that they would be launching in July.

e newbie is looking for investment so i guess he has more capital to spend ...
Semi D in Laguna ?

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sis, I believe that for an investor, they generally look for 2 items

1) return of equity/capital (ROC) - how long before they can get back their capital (payback period), hence the lower the capital outlay would be better. Of course this is closely related to the rental one can derive from a property

2) yield - rental yield/profit

So if one compares NI vs taman laguna, the ROC appears better at NI, in my opinion, because of the lower capital and because of the existing higher renting demand for properties at NI (gauging from the property website and the forrmers here)

Yup, semi-d coming up. It's like a palace. The built-up is likely about 4000 sqft ! And I think the length of land size is 100 sqft. Forgot the width, think it's about 40 ft.

e newbie is looking for investment so i guess he has more capital to spend ...
Semi D in Laguna ?

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday brought my nephew to trim our hair.
Upon reaching the hair salon , the malaysian hairdresser told me have to wait for 30 mins , i say its ok we can wait .
As we were waiting , i saw a few customers came in later than us and was directed to sit on the chair and getting their hair done , they were trimming hair and doing hair colors.
I guessed maybe they have appt , its ok , 45mins passed , then another female customer who wanted to do hair color came in and the malaysian hair dresser told her to wait for her 10mins after she is done with current customer . Getting fustrated , went over and asked the PRC receptionist whats going on ? She told me they have appts , i told her yes for the front few but the last one came obviously no appt and they are doing her coz hair color services are much expensive and they can earn more commission . PRC just told me u just need to wait. Fine , I walked out and there are plenty of salons outside the area. Actually I am the fourth customer walking out of the shop . those 3 are also fustrated with the service .
I went to a local hair dresser shop and paid double price for the hair cut which i didnt regret. I should not wasted my time to go to that chain of hair salons .

Just ranting only !

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Commission based hit and run sales vs long term sales..

just like our govt..or the SMRT..
when they go for short term GDP growth incentive model vs the long term strategic government with no special commission, they screw up our country and transportation system..

Blame who? blame the person who set the KPIs...

Upon reaching the hair salon , the malaysian hairdresser told me have to wait for 30 mins , i say its ok we can wait .
As we were waiting , i saw a few customers came in later than us and was directed to sit on the chair and getting their hair done , they were trimming hair and doing hair colors.
I guessed maybe they have appt , its ok , 45mins passed , then another female customer who wanted to do hair color came in and the malaysian hair dresser told her to wait for her 10mins after she is done with current customer . Getting fustrated , went over and asked the PRC receptionist whats going on ? She told me they have appts , i told her yes for the front few but the last one came obviously no appt and they are doing her coz hair color services are much expensive and they can earn more commission . PRC just told me u just need to wait. Fine , I walked out and there are plenty of salons outside the area. Actually I am the fourth customer walking out of the shop . those 3 are also fustrated with the service .
I went to a local hair dresser shop and paid double price for the hair cut which i didnt regret. I should not wasted my time to go to that chain of hair salons .

Just ranting only !

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just ranting only !

Glad you did walk out. I always make sure I vote with my money with the arrogant shops or businesses.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Commission based hit and run sales vs long term sales..

just like our govt..or the SMRT..
when they go for short term GDP growth incentive model vs the long term strategic government with no special commission, they screw up our country and transportation system..

Blame who? blame the person who set the KPIs...

haiz , last time hair services not like that one leh .... first come first serve ma .... trim hair is very fast ma ...
Anyway sent a short feedback to the hair salon web page and within 30 mins , they got back to me and saying will looking into it . Hopefully they do something lor , else company reputation kenna tarnish by all these FW who doesnt know what is customer service.
from this experience , i am determined to look for local hair dresser and spend my money there .....
will try not to give foreign workers to earn and they can balik kampung !

Status
Not open for further replies.