• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hey thanks Etstan.

Good point, I should check to see if all the taps up there are fully opened first - why didnt I think of that! I am comfortable going up there as I have been doing that at my SG house lol. But first ........must get the 7 or 8 feet ladder; most probably will visit Mr DIY to buy one on my next visit.

You can also check on the valve on the higher part of the wall if you are checking for water pressure. Do check out the different materials used for the ladder as there cheap ones but can't hold good weight. Also, be careful of electrical cabling up there and test your weight first before proceeding gingerly.

You might also want to thinking of putting in exhaust fans for the toilets. One use of the fans is that when you are up there and need to be for a long time, the fans will keep the air flowing up there (of course, unless someone is using the toilet, then the air flowing up will be bad!!)

I know of people who use the roof area as a place as another storeroom albeit one for storing light items.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Do be careful when on the roof especially for terrace units as you may accidentally cross over to your neighbours one and they may mistake you as an intruder.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks Etstan and Wuqi; will get the plumbing and electrical layout drawings from the developer. Dont want to accidentally drill into a hidden wire and piping in the wall. So far, I have been lucky, touch wood, while fixing up my lightings.

If in doubt, after getting the schematics, get also a current detecting device to check just in case.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly, some of our forummers are locals like my friend who told me the prospects of getting something within 10 years is next to zero.
If it is something true, its nothing to hide. Living here and being a PR are 2 different things altogether.

Just like the mafia, if you are not Italian, you will never go beyond an associate and never become a made man. Part and parcel of life.

Bro, we must now, address you as, DON WUQI, here no need to be Italian, only need to be forum members:biggrin:, make contributions that are deemed worthy, go through initiation rights...... Say climb golf fence in HH at the stroke of midnight and don't get caught, then become "made person" ( notice the lack of gender discrimination" ) .......:biggrin: :biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro, we must now, address you as, DON WUQI, here no need to be Italian, only need to be forum members:biggrin:, make contributions that are deemed worthy, go through initiation rights...... Say climb golf fence in HH at the stroke of midnight and don't get caught, then become "made person" ( notice the lack of gender discrimination" ) .......:biggrin: :biggrin:

Hahaha, almost fell off my chair with this one.
Thanks Grago, la cosa nostra, you may now kiss the ring. :smile:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard from HH there are pipes bursting issues due to the poor divert.. So using pump could
Be more straight forward..

Hi Arsenal, read your posts on the water pressure and glad to know that you had somehow solved it.

The water pressure at my HH Golf is also very low for the second level; so low, it cant even activate the water heater to work lol. Right now, we are taking our bath at the ground floor bathroom only. Imagine, we have 4 bathrooms in our house and we cant use the 3 bathrooms at the 2nd floors for baths - quite pathetic. I have consulted my contractor on how I can increase the pressure and he said that there is a water tank at the roof. He said that the water from the mains is directed into this tank. He could install a bypass tap to divert the water from mains, from the tank to the pipes and that would increase the water pressure somewhat.

I thought having a water tank at the roof should increase my 2nd floor water pressure, but I learned it was otherwise. Can anyone advise on this? Also, does anyone know, if there is a pump, similar to Arsenal's, at my water tank? Sorry to sound so useless; my house is a corner terrace and I am not good at this plumbing thingy. : ( Would appreciate any help I can get.

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really disappointed with Hong Leong Bank today. Just to share an unfortunate incident.

We recently bought some commercial properties and went to the different banks for financing.
We then managed to apply for loans between 80-85%.

HLB then told us that they will prefer not to finance this property, it has nothing to do with us
and no loan quantum was ever mentioned. Straight off the bat, they said no, we will not deal
with this developer. Everyone was told that they will be rejected.

Then, when we got rejection letter (requested many times) and sent to the developer, likely
fearing a backlash from the developer, HLB now turned around and said they actually can only give us
60-70%.

90% was what we requested, they claimed. Everyone only needed 80-85%, why would anyone
want 90%? Every single bank we applied for was for 80-85%, why suddenly 90% come into the picture.

In the rejection letter, it was just mentioned rejected without ever mentioning any loan quantum.

The bank manager really disappointed us with this kind of reply. Instead of apologising for a mistake,
they made excuses.

Really shaken my confidence with this bank.

I was at SEG last weekend to talk to some appointed banks' representatives and Hong Leong gave me the impression that they do not want to do business. Usually I spend at least a good half hour asking about their mortgage plans but with HL, it was just 10 minutes. No skin off my back, though ...

Last edited:

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can also check on the valve on the higher part of the wall if you are checking for water pressure. Do check out the different materials used for the ladder as there cheap ones but can't hold good weight. Also, be careful of electrical cabling up there and test your weight first before proceeding gingerly.

You might also want to thinking of putting in exhaust fans for the toilets. One use of the fans is that when you are up there and need to be for a long time, the fans will keep the air flowing up there (of course, unless someone is using the toilet, then the air flowing up will be bad!!)

I know of people who use the roof area as a place as another storeroom albeit one for storing light items.

Thanks for the advice, Wuqi. And I also like your idea on the exhaust fans. : )

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do be careful when on the roof especially for terrace units as you may accidentally cross over to your neighbours one and they may mistake you as an intruder.

Huh? you mean there is no dividing wall at the roof to divide your house from the neighbours? Hmmm, how strange, lol.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi is the leader of our Liang Shan Hao han.. He is also our Lin Chong.. When has he become italian??

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malborough college opening in Aug 12. Wow so luxurious, got 90 acres space for 1300 students expected by 2018..

http://www.zaobao.com/yx/yx120422_007.shtml
马可波罗学院马国分院  首批新生半数来自新加坡

(2012-04-22)

新闻30秒
  (新山综合讯)设立在柔佛依斯干达特区教育城的英国马可波罗学院马来西亚分院,将在今年8月27日迎接首批新生,人数预计达300人,其中半数来自新加坡。

该院分院院长鲍伯彼克预计,该分院能在2018年达到1300名学生的目标。“首阶段我们只招收250至300名新生,目前非寄宿新生当中,一半来自柔南,另一半来自新加坡。”

他指出,该分院的教育及考试制度依循英国总校,同时遵照马国教育部定下的各项指示;学费介于1万5000令吉至3万5000令吉(约6000至1万4000新元)。

位于依斯干达的分院,是马尔波罗学院(Marlborough College)首间海外分院,总面积达90英亩,现已完成80%的建筑工程。

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was a pity back then, if i knew some of your guys personally, would have kept pushing you to do it.

Marriage is mainly through fate i always believe. Sometimes its better not to force fate, look at some
folks who got into relationship and marriage, some will still be alive today if they didn't get into that
relationship.

Thats why there are always at least 2 ways to look at things.
Nothing is inherently good and bad, thinking and rationalising
makes it so.

Like I Ching's view of universe, everything is formed by Ying Yang; Ying has Yang and vice versa.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, there is concertina wire at my place. U can be my super hero too :biggrin:

Btw, just curious, can wire cutter cut through these concertina easily?

No worries, i am always the person on top of the concertina wire, letting the bros cross over so that no one else needs to experience the cuts.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The residence at Holland, Henry Park area today in Straits Time requested for CCTV installed in their area today saying there is a growth of break-ins and thefts..

Actually to stop someone from entering your house, one might really have to seal the house up like a cage.. there are many ways for one to enter the house, from the man hole, from the roof or from your neighbour 2nd floor balcony..or just jump over your front gate... But is that really necessary?

Huh? you mean there is no dividing wall at the roof to divide your house from the neighbours? Hmmm, how strange, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.