• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Odyssey, i am glad bros like you, homeinjb, Narmi and the rest like it here. Especially glad you made it. Its never an easy journey but you did it all by yourself.
Yes this forum may have been helpful in a way but a light can only be just that, a guide, the way is still up to one to find. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Had a truly cough blood day today.

One organisation really made me upset, one individual really made it better.

Hong Leong Bank - Please if you want to migrate users of Eon bank, please do a proper and good one.
I tried to transfer money using internet banking, cannot go through the old OR new account number.

I then went to the branch, no joy as it was the same, your letter told us the old account number with
13 digits can be used up to 6 months and the 11 digit one will be used from 5th May. I tried all permutations,
different account numbers, with and without the 0 in front as well as cash deposit as well as other options.

None worked. There were long lines today and 9 out of 10 left frustrated. I even let others behind me try first.

Your call centre people i called, after getting all my details could not tell me anything except to wait until Monday or try another branch which i did. None worked. Some guys at the 2nd branch i went to said loudly, "Thats why they can't make it as a bank in Singapore"

Being an IT guy, i know all about the pitfalls of a migration gone wrong. I have also helped out frantic staff rolling out their software updates and helped them recover but this is a major issue. Whoever promised you a smooth transition should have their heads examined as
even the guard said they had issues since yesterday.

Its an epic fail despite the fancy use of acronyms in your letters which we followed faithfully.

The only person who was a saving grace was surprisingly your ex staff Kate Tee. Despite her being now an ex employee, she followed up with me to inform me about the change coming and was very helpful and answered my calls for your company. She even followed up with calls and SMSes and said she will highlight to the branches on Monday. She is way more helpful than your branch staff who kept insisting i used the machine even when it was clear it didn't work.

Very impressed by someone of her calibre and professionalism. Now that is really some customer service.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Btw guys who always liked Ali cafe, they are moving away from their present location from Bukit Indah to somewhere far. Selangor it seems. :(

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hearsay that actor Andy Lau (Chinese but not Singaporean) was offered MY PR.....

that one funny fella. he could have got even Australian PR easily - for his wife and kid, yet he chose Malaysia

only known a Malay Singporean who got Malaysian citizenship.

Last edited:

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
thank you everyone for your well-wishes & suggestions.
i think bro wuqi understands my situation well (even though i have not really shared too much info about my life) :wink:

in fact, we have gone through thoughts of migration many years back... even applied pr to australia.
unfortunately due to global financial crisis, they tightened their immigration criteria. migrant managers become worthless and got to wait... trades and engineers get priority. i have lost touch of my tech skills years ago...
perhaps it is a blessing in disguise.. my wife is a fickle.. sees things only on the surface. i have prepared her as much as possible the type of life overseas.. encouraged her to read forums (and specific useful posts), flown there and met friends who stayed there.
i also sent her for driving lessons, to get a car for her due to poor public transport system over there.
she 'was' ready..
then my kids grow older.. started primary school.. her perspective change.. she wants the best for the kids.
she started to comment aussie gov education no standard too lax.. and private is too expensive.. so we dropped the idea after much debate.

last yr.. i started having thoughts of staying in jb instead.. done research, brought everyone there to look-see.
yes.. she 'was' happy and ready...we almost wanted to buy a resale.. then on deeper thoughts (after having laid down the potential issues).. she changed her mind again.
i have posted earlier, the kids attend extra classes at night/weekends.. so.. she won't compromise education, or anything that affects it (such as spending time traveling over the border everyday) even when the greener pastures are just out there.

well.. i have laid my cards on the table and done whatever i could.
we'll decide when the kids have grown..

that's life.. not everything goes your way.. paiseh.. a bit emo today :(

I can understand how your wife feels. Before our family moved into JB, I was contemplating whether should I rent out my JB house and live here when all my kids are big enough to move around without the adult. I also worry that I will deprive them of anything during their growing up years due to the inconvenient of transport.
Frankly, it's not easy to live in JB with school going children. My husband leaves the house early, 5.45am to send the two kids to school. On mondays, they leave even earlier at 5.35. Sometime the jam is very bad that my second kid was late for school. Coming back in the evening is also bad. If they don't reach Sin custom before 5.30pm, be prepared to get stuck for an hour. Luckily with the new EDL, they can avoid jam at Tebrau highway.
Seriously if I have enough money, I will stay in Sin and JB house will be a weekend home and when the kids are all independent, then I will move in to retire.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I can understand how your wife feels. Before our family moved into JB, I was contemplating whether should I rent out my JB house and live here when all my kids are big enough to move around without the adult. I also worry that I will deprive them of anything during their growing up years due to the inconvenient of transport.
Frankly, it's not easy to live in JB with school going children. My husband leaves the house early, 5.45am to send the two kids to school. On mondays, they leave even earlier at 5.35. Sometime the jam is very bad that my second kid was late for school. Coming back in the evening is also bad. If they don't reach Sin custom before 5.30pm, be prepared to get stuck for an hour. Luckily with the new EDL, they can avoid jam at Tebrau highway.
Seriously if I have enough money, I will stay in Sin and JB house will be a weekend home and when the kids are all independent, then I will move in to retire.

All good points, depending on where one lives, it can definitely get really bad. Its still a viable option, as in to use the home in JB only for weekends or special activities like family get togethers, etc. For some, they prefer to rent it out until their retirement age.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys,

Not sure if bro Wuqi and others has shown this link before but no harm I guess for me to show it again just in case you have missed it.

I could not imagined there is so much to know about buying and selling properties, much of which have already been shared somehow here by bro Wuqi and others.

Do also check out the Browse other categories dropdown menu

http://www.iproperty.com.my/articlecategory/m2/Buy_&_Sell_(Main)

Just want to add that as usual 'Readers beware'

Last edited:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mind to share what is holding u ?

It is just that my cash flow situation would be expected to be better later, hopefully, for me to have more flexibility to commit to a prop in JB at the same time allowing me to work on a small business if things work out.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wanted to let everyone know that I came back from HH using the Coastal Highway from HH to Tuas and the journey was very short (can translate into fast). Along the way was Mydin and we hope to pop by on the place on our next enroute.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
^^The distance from HH to 2nd Link MY immigration using the Coastal Highway is about 15km which is faster than going by the traditional route of turning off at Exit 307D (or C...I can't remember).

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got email from HH that we have wrongly signed "Option to Purchase" document. They emailed me the revised document.
After going through it, saw that there was new clause added to it (which is as follows). Can anyone please help me to confirm that this is part of standard clause..... As a foreigner we have selected non-Bumiputra lot

"10) I/We knowledge that if the said Property has been designated as "Bumiputra" reserve lot by the Pejabat Cawangan Perumahan Negeri Johor, I/We herby agree as follows:-

(a) that within fourteen (14) days from the date of written notification from the Developer that the said Property is a Bumiputera Unit, I/We shall choose an alternative lot within the same Phase as the said Property, if available, and you shall be irrevocably authorized to pay the Earnest Deposit together with accured interest to the Developer as part payment towards the purchase price of the alternative lot; or

(b) that in the event I/we do not wish to consider and/or fail to select any of such alternative lot within the period stipulated above, you shall within fourteen (14) days from the date of the expiry of the above written notification refund the Earnest Deposit tegether with accrued interest to me/us and thereafter the Developer shall be entitled to deal with or otherwise dispose of the said Property in such manner as the Developer shall see fit and neither party hereto shall have any further claim against the other for cost, compensation or otherwise hereunder"

Status
Not open for further replies.