• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Might be earlier too. Prices will move with the news. Johore is seen to be a BN stronghold and they have invested pretty heavily here and may well go on investing more.

BN will certainly win but the extent of the margin is in doubt. I think BN will suffer some setbacks in the more urban areas.

For a massive development like Southkey, I prefer to adopt a wait-and-see attitude. If given a choice for JB centre development, I believe Danga Bay is a safer bet. I feel Nusajaya West will develop in due course given its close proximity to 2nd link and proximity to Tanjong Pelapas, but the actual length of development may be a concern. My 2 cents worth......haha

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, fair assessment. I know johoreans are still cursing and swearing on the long promised KOMTAR, which till now is still being delayed.

Danga is a much safer bet, given the activities that are ongoing now. I'm not saying that there are no Hiccups/delays, but it has been a vast improvement, for as long as I can remember JB in the earlier days. Things are changing and the infrastructures have impressed me, thus far.

Southkey or nusajaya west will still take time, and I think it will eventually succeed, merely based on their strategic locations alone, and the fact that people like to flock to new buildings/malls. with so many upcoming malls, im concerned that they will kill other smaller malls and cause them to be dilapidated, as evident by plaza pelangi (killed by ksl) etc

And have u guys seen the latest news about surfacing the canal at Jalan Wong ah fook outside city square? Don't see how that will help to the city center ...

I also think BN will win, as their concentration to develop JB has led to significant improvements ... I just hope that they don't lose the momentum/let go the steam after winning ...

BN will certainly win but the extent of the margin is in doubt. I think BN will suffer some setbacks in the more urban areas.

For a massive development like Southkey, I prefer to adopt a wait-and-see attitude. If given a choice for JB centre development, I believe Danga Bay is a safer bet. I feel Nusajaya West will develop in due course given its close proximity to 2nd link and proximity to Tanjong Pelapas, but the actual length of development may be a concern. My 2 cents worth......haha

Last edited:

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the comments, learnt more from this forum than my 3 yrs university curriculum.

Will checkout Danga bay sometime, the 25km coastline project facing SG seems really exciting, hope to own/stay there sometime in future if it develops.

Personally I feel developers are pushing up prices and liquidity around the world (US elections, Msia elections) is supporting the price increase. Iskandar is still early in it's development, they probably can do with better marketing in SG and Johor, as very few S'poreans have heard of the developments there! The other day my friend who has been to Taiwan & Bangkok more times than I've been to Nusajaya asked me where is JPO!

Post from scraper city:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=89850704&postcount=3238

Qn: is Setia Sky 88 (opp NY hotel) part of southkey? Sorry for asking qns that have been answered before...

This is like a cornerstone for them right now. A lot of my friends are weight and now thinking of taking the risk and committing. Safer way is to wait and see though. The only thing at the back of their minds is that if BN really wins then prices will be different.

Election is likely to be in September. Opening of legoland is likely to be 4Q of 2012 too.

If the election goes well and if the tipping point generates a new strong wave of buyers, what would happen to the price then, I wonder?

If BN loses, what impact do u anticipate? I think it will be business as usual.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, southkey is nearer to permas jaya. And EDL will have an interchange going to it ..

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3209/96642697zg8.jpg

I saw the site of setia 88. Personally, I don't like that area and its surrounding.

Thanks for the comments, learnt more from this forum than my 3 yrs university curriculum.

Will checkout Danga bay sometime, the 25km coastline project facing SG seems really exciting, hope to own/stay there sometime in future if it develops.

Personally I feel developers are pushing up prices and liquidity around the world (US elections, Msia elections) is supporting the price increase. Iskandar is still early in it's development, they probably can do with better marketing in SG and Johor, as very few S'poreans have heard of the developments there! The other day my friend who has been to Taiwan & Bangkok more times than I've been to Nusajaya asked me where is JPO!

Post from scraper city:

Qn: is Setia Sky 88 (opp NY hotel) part of southkey? Sorry for asking qns that have been answered before...

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe it's intentional? They have achieved sufficient demand up till this stage? All launches have received high interests and demands I would say. So the new wave will be post opening of legoland, and I do believe that the marketing of legoland will be much bigger than anything we have seen so far, including JPO. What do u think?

And btw, they have already engaged sistic to sell the Pre-launch annual ticket. So, slowly but surely the marketing will be stepped up

http://www.nst.com.my/streets/johor/legoland-annual-passes-selling-fast-1.49654

http://www.sistic.com.sg/portal/dt?...action=process&dt.window.portletAction=RENDER

Recently, they set up booth at danga city mall during the matta fair too...

Iskandar is still early in it's development, they probably can do with better marketing in SG and Johor, as very few S'poreans have heard of the developments there! The other day my friend who has been to Taiwan & Bangkok more times than I've been to Nusajaya asked me where is JPO!

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Agree. I would see D as a catalyst for certain developments, they may also add value to some developers around them. Due to severe bad experiences from those who dealt with them though, i had a loss of faith in this particular developer. To the learned bros around me, its very high on the avoid list for their new developments.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Post from scraper city:

Actually very true about the locals not knowing about Nusajaya or even Iskandar. Even those from other states are still surprised about the growth in Johore. They thought it would long fizzle out. Even a distant relative who is local (East Malaysia) recently commented, how come suddenly it seems to be prospering? It changed so much in such a short time. He is coming out here mid of this month to have a look as he still don't believe us.

I think they did do some marketing to SG but probably not enough to their own.

rlrealty

Mine no annual fees bro. but in MY, every CC has a govt tax of RM50 per year. this cannot waive one.

cheers

Just to share - it is true that every CC attracts a RM50 tax per year but if you talk to your bank, they may reimburse you in the form of reward points that you could offset the tax. At least stand chart does that for me.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
--- deleted ---

Agree. I would see D as a catalyst for certain developments, they may also add value to some developers around them. Due to severe bad experiences from those who dealt with them though, i had a loss of faith in this particular developer. To the learned bros around me, its very high on the avoid list for their new developments.

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am now reporting live from the orang asli seafood restaurant at taman laguna. At last I found this gem and to my big surprise, it is full of cars and human. S-plates and MY-plates are everywhere to be seen. It is very busy and customers keep coming in. The aroma of the food is killing me. All the plates on the tables - not kidding u - really all the plates are empty. So much laughters and the ambience is so cool. Sun just set and made it romantic in its own way (if u can imagine it). This is not fine dining restaurant, and the restaurant is made of timbers and it has a very village-feel to it. The backdrop is the skyline of JB city, HDBs, water, fishermen and some birds.

Can't wait for our food to come. Will report more on the quality and price later.

Btw, I have singtel connection, 3 to 4 bars of signal ad with 3G connection.

Bye for now :smile:

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's official.

EDL will be opened tomorrow, 1 Apr, 12am, ie. In a few hours from now.

There is a special invitation to various stakeholders tonight to celebrate the opening.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very satisfied experience indeed.

Can't say that it's top notch quality, but for the price, it's pretty darn fantastic!

Had Seabass @ RM4 per 100g
8 decent size prawn @ RM20 a plate
Vegetable @ RM6
Lala - forgot the price per gram but cost RM15
Fried rice - RM4

Saw a lot of tables ordered crabs. Didn't fancy it today. Will try it on next visit.

Pretty delicious at such a price. No wonder the patrons kept flocking in! Recommended to give it a try :smile:

I am now reporting live from the orang asli seafood restaurant at taman laguna. At last I found this gem and to my big surprise, it is full of cars and human. S-plates and MY-plates are everywhere to be seen. It is very busy and customers keep coming in. The aroma of the food is killing me. All the plates on the tables - not kidding u - really all the plates are empty. So much laughters and the ambience is so cool. Sun just set and made it romantic in its own way (if u can imagine it). This is not fine dining restaurant, and the restaurant is made of timbers and it has a very village-feel to it. The backdrop is the skyline of JB city, HDBs, water, fishermen and some birds.

Can't wait for our food to come. Will report more on the quality and price later.

Btw, I have singtel connection, 3 to 4 bars of signal ad with 3G connection.

Bye for now :smile:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very satisfied experience indeed.

Can't say that it's top notch quality, but for the price, it's pretty darn fantastic!

Had Seabass @ RM4 per 100g
8 decent size prawn @ RM20 a plate
Vegetable @ RM6
Lala - forgot the price per gram but cost RM15
Fried rice - RM4

Saw a lot of tables ordered crabs. Didn't fancy it today. Will try it on next visit.

Pretty delicious at such a price. No wonder the patrons kept flocking in! Recommended to give it a try :smile:

How to go fr Laguna show house?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the main road, drive straight. Show house would be on your right. Drive straight on until u see a round about. Take 9 o'clock. Drive straight till the end. U will see bollacks. Turn right. Drive straight and u will see a split junction. Take the right lane. Then turn left the next slip road. And the restaurant will be right in front.

Take note that at the split junction, if u turn left, u will also reach to a seafood restaurant, but not many customers, from my observation.

The one I went in had the most patrons, called restaurant asli Makan laut. Once u go into the restaurants, the railings are yellow.

There were 2 other restaurants I saw. One with white railings. The other with raw timber-coloured railings.

U won't miss it, and u will see tons of cars there

How to go fr Laguna show house?

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the main road, drive straight. Show house would be on your right. Drive straight on until u see a round about. Take 9 o'clock. Drive straight till the end. U will see bollacks. Turn right. Drive straight and u will see a split junction. Take the right lane. Then turn left the next slip road. And the restaurant will be right in front.

Take note that at the split junction, if u turn left, u will also reach to a seafood restaurant, but not many customers, from my observation.

The one I went in had the most patrons, called restaurant asli Makan laut. Once u go into the restaurants, the railings are yellow.

There were 2 other restaurants I saw. One with white railings. The other with raw timber-coloured railings.

U won't miss it, and u will see tons of cars there

I think I will lose my way ..... Do they have signs at e road ?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. After u take 9 o clock turn at the round about, drive till the end, and u wil see signage pointing arrow to the right. After that, within a minute, u will see the restaurants Liao ...

Put it another way. Once u have taken the right turn after u saw the signage, even if u get loss, u will still reach any of the restaurants. Because literally, there would be no more roads for u to drive :smile: so u won't really be lost

Give it a try :smile:

I think I will lose my way ..... Do they have signs at e road ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.