• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes I consider myself 1/4 Malaysian but still remain 100% Sinkie. Isn't that best of both worlds.

When I am back in Singapore, my behaviour, thoughts and actions auto change.

I go on holiday every week.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I remember, your EMF reader is your wife mah :biggrin:

yes bro!..wife for the rough gauge (headache or not)...actual reader for the precise one. haha.

btw, for all bros, investjb mentioned about Guass,..both guass and tesla are actually quite similar..in fact the reader i have measure both gauss and tesla..also to clarify...ambient emf is 0.01 MT not 0.1 MT..my typo.

cheers.

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Between Sarimbun and Murai reservoir, tha's the closet to either coast for the Tunnel and also on Malaysian side just between Puteri Harbour and Wellness Resort (JV bet Khazanah and Temasek) This area would be able to absorb the growth in traffic!!!!

ah.. that murai river... been going there for annual mozzie feeding session. it is actually quite a nice place.
quite sad it is ending soon :biggrin:

but if this area is chosen (which i quite doubt), they would have to find another place large enough for training.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro be happy got tunnel, and it doesn't leak. Want glass tunnel go to seaworld Sentosa Island then can see fisses.....:( If have glass tunnel might get shocked seeing what's floating outside:eek:

haha hope they turn the tunnel into an attraction. Maybe can see some stuff, but it will be interesting mah.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
For HH, the land and built-up price per square foot for the same type of properties for the new launch are always higher than the previous launch.

So for the intermediate terrace, for example, how comes price per square foot (when looking at the lot size and built-up size) is cheaper in the Greens precinct (the newer launch) than at least the most recent two lauches of the Hills precinct.

Any Bros and Sis here have any comments?

The 950k for corner terrace is cheaper than EL phase 8... sounds reasonable... Investor, Jogs - any comments?

received details about The Greens terrace new launch, detail below:

22 x 75 2 storey link house
indicative price for intermediate.
RM580k-600k
corner
RM800k-900k

22 x 100 2 storey link house
indicative price for intermediate
RM700k-730k
corner
RM900k-950k

Last edited:

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
many of them are not active these days.. =(

I am still hereabouts! I'm not the chatty type but I read through the postings regularly and am glad to see more forumers joining us in the NI8 neighbourhood :smile:
Are you all planning to live in your landed property and rent out your HDB like I am?
BTW congrats Wuqi on the Moderator status and keeping the forum alive and kicking! :smile:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
For HH, the land and built-up price per square foot for the same type of properties for the new launch are always higher than the previous launch.

So for the intermediate terrace, for example, how comes price per square foot (when looking at the lot size and built-up size) is cheaper in the Greens precinct (the newer launch) than at least the most recent two lauches of the Hills precinct.

Any Bros and Sis here have any comments?

haha I think the sales usually use guesstimates only, they don't officially release indicative price like in SG.

I believe launching price might be very different.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
they may be forward-looking for multiple sources.. they privatised the local power plants to some tiong company right?
so if the local ones create problems, they still have malaysian power to depend on

Hope the Malaysia powersupply is low like JB lor . The boodly ah tiong power is killing all of us with S$200/= buck bill a month in SG ! With competition lower price or not ?

Last edited:

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
have been hearing people mentioning corner lots... actually how much better is it compared to other non-corner ones?
not actually built-up area, but some more land to plant potatoes right? :-P

but seriously.. what are the advantages?

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro lastresort, then HH needs to increase the price a bit more for the Greens than the sales estimates to be more than the ones in the Hills.

Is it possible that the Greens precinct is a less premium one compared with the Hills? What are the features of the Greens? The only things I vaguely remember is the Greens has some two-tower apartment development there.

haha I think the sales usually use guesstimates only, they don't officially release indicative price like in SG.

I believe launching price might be very different.

Last edited:

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, just more land on the side of the house. So in front of the house on one side looks quite similar to a semi-D. The corner lots can have larger land on the side of the house than the intermediate semi-D. Some corner lots can have larger built-up than non-corner ones. For example, you can compare the built-up size for the corner and intermediate lots for the Greens in HH posted by Bro east539.

I remember some bros mentioning the corner lots have more problems with the lightning than the intermediate ones.

have been hearing people mentioning corner lots... actually how much better is it compared to other non-corner ones?

Last edited:

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am still hereabouts! I'm not the chatty type but I read through the postings regularly and am glad to see more forumers joining us in the NI8 neighbourhood :smile:
Are you all planning to live in your landed property and rent out your HDB like I am?
BTW congrats Wuqi on the Moderator status and keeping the forum alive and kicking! :smile:

Hey you are still around -- saved down a few of your old posts.

Wuqi & contributors have done a great job. With the elevation of the thread to a folder, this may increase the awareness of Sinkies to the alternative of living in Johor...

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well one fine day you married a new mistress , you can built a love hut extention onto the garden !
And you have new babies , you might need more rooms . By then you will realise that you should have buy a corner unit .

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe they will try to minimize the competition as much as they can so that they can still charge high electricity rate. Even the Malaysian power supply charge is low. After taking into account the "administrative" costs, the electricity rate may not be that low. Think about the oil/gas price in JB and the one in SG. Can people in SG enjoy lower oil/gas price?

Hope the Malaysia powersupply is low like JB lor . The boodly ah tiong power is killing all of us with S$200/= buck a month in SG ! With competition lower price or not ?

Last edited:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not say not gd. We so openly share info n address but some ppl dun share n keep it themselves. I dun really like lor. They know how to take info but never try to pay it forward to help other ppl.
Anyway in forum so friendly, in real life might not be lor.
so emo today, haha. Someone upset me!

Hi Crystal,

I am very happy for what you are doing for NI specifically and JB-enthusiasts in general. You are like what Iskandar calls a 'catalyst'.

Thus is sad for me to see you sad. So let me help explain you the phenomenon you are witnessing and maybe cheer you up. Do not misinterprete people's shyness for "taking-not-giving".

Many months ago I proposed a practical way for a get together for forumers, even down to a sponsor identified. Unfortunately I realised the truth was that many people at that time wanted to remain anonymous behind their usernames and not ready to come out to meet in real life. Maybe there is enough momentum to really make it happen in near future...

Some of us earlier ones now waiting for house to be ready. Eg. I am at the "shopping-for-house-furnishing-and-saving-my-leave-to-deal-with-vendors-and-contractors" phase. I believe we all try to pay it forward and spread the good things in JB. As much as we take from this forum, we also give back.

I hope that cheers you up a bit. Otherwise look fwd to the Ang Mohs (western minded) that will come from England (Pinewoods & Marlborough & Newcastle) and Holland (Dutch Maritime Institute) and even Danish ! (Legoland) - of all sexes of course! Good nite and stay positive and encouraged.

Oh yes and belated welcome and happy new year :smile:

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe they will try to minimize the competition as much as they can so that they can still charge high electricity rate. Even the Malaysian power supply charge is low. After taking into account the "administrative" costs, the electricity rate may not be that low. Think about the oil/gas price in JB and the one in SG. Can people in SG enjoy lower oil/gas price?

Talking abt electricity...

http://veritas-lux.blogspot.com/2012/01/singapores-opaque-power-generation.html

Status
Not open for further replies.