• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liverpool Supporters fall in here!!! Season 2008/09

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Standard Liege match so much tension, the celebration of Kuyt goal and for a moment I thought Liverpool are though to the CL final. :biggrin:

I read the ang moh forums and think 90% have underestimated Standard Liege beforehand and the Belgium team probably can beat English sides Everton and Tottenham over the Uefa Cup two legs based on this showing.

Is Dirk Kuyt the "fox in the box" that pool always wanted. remember last night goal, goal vs Inter Arsenal, Chelsea CL last season. The goals weren't pretty but he was as they say "at the right place and time to score" These simple goals can make or break a striker. These predator goals are the trademarks of Prolific English strikers Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen, Andy Cole - not the most technically gifted but can score freely in the pen box.

I know Kuyt miss many simple chances too but who doesn't. He should be given a run of 10 games alongside Torres in a 4-4-2 not Right wing.

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know Kuyt miss many simple chances too but who doesn't. He should be given a run of 10 games alongside Torres in a 4-4-2 not Right wing.

bro that was the formation earlier last season and he couldnt score with the goal 2 cm in front of him ..

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
liverpool still haven't found someone capable 2 partner torres.....robbie keane is not really clicking with torres.....mayb a few more games b4 it will worked?????......i still think gerrard is the better choice supporting torres like last season......

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
jialat liao,Gerrard has a groin injury,maybe out for a few week.
He may even miss the big match against Man Utd on 13 Sept 2008
Hope Alonso can step up to fill the role.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

You are right that Liege is a much better side than most people give them credit for. Even before the Anfield match Carragher said as much in an interview, that Liege was the best side the Reds have ever played in the qualifying rounds of the CL.

But I think the Reds still look dodgy. Keane a nig question mark for all that money spent. And the Reds still lack width and creativity. I shudder to think waht shall happen if the reds go to the Bridge, Old Trafford or even the Emirates based on current form.

Rafa has got alot of thinking and motivating to do., and so far he has used up 3 of his 9 cat lives already.

YNWA

The Standard Liege match so much tension, the celebration of Kuyt goal and for a moment I thought Liverpool are though to the CL final. :biggrin:

I read the ang moh forums and think 90% have underestimated Standard Liege beforehand and the Belgium team probably can beat English sides Everton and Tottenham over the Uefa Cup two legs based on this showing.

Is Dirk Kuyt the "fox in the box" that pool always wanted. remember last night goal, goal vs Inter Arsenal, Chelsea CL last season. The goals weren't pretty but he was as they say "at the right place and time to score" These simple goals can make or break a striker. These predator goals are the trademarks of Prolific English strikers Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen, Andy Cole - not the most technically gifted but can score freely in the pen box.

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
nb,that was a close shave for us.
this morning,while watching it,do not know how many cig i burnt.
we have to wake up,sooner or later our luck will run out.

Adidas

Alfrescian
Loyal
this weekend away against Aston Villa,we will have our first "real" test.
Aston Villa under M.O get off to a good start.
with our captain - Steven G. out injured,we are going to have a hard time liao.

ANDYSIAO14

Alfrescian
Loyal
211ov49.gif
Same Old Suspects Plus A Reunion for El Nino , Garcia and Florent
211ov49.gif

2ch3lw8.jpg

t5kv8k.jpg

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro Andy,

you are super.
nice to have you here,one Reds who have a lot of good gifs and also have news about the Reds.

we should have no problem proceeding to the next round.

this weekend against Aston Villa,yeah the first real test for us.
and without our inspiration Captain - Steven Gerrard.
a bit worry about this match.

so can expect constant update of results and news from you liao,not forgetting those wonderful gifs.

ANDYSIAO14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the early morning compliment tiko bluecat :wink:
yeah...me hope this weekend we do get
some points but i
suspect its a draw game...a win will be a booster one
since we will be missing Captain Marvel at least 2 weeks :p

...so can expect constant update of results and news from you liao,not forgetting those wonderful gifs.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
liverpool is drawed in a tougher group compare 2 man u & chelsea.....hope gerrard can recover quickly or robbie keane start woking better with torres......

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
he is here for the open ceremony of his company.
should see him in this weekend pre-match tcss at ESPN.

he said that he is open to be the manager of Liverpool,it is just that no one from the club has spoke to him.

i surely welcome him back to manage it.

Lion_Barbell

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right that Liege is a much better side than most people give them credit for. Even before the Anfield match Carragher said as much in an interview, that Liege was the best side the Reds have ever played in the qualifying rounds of the CL.

I wonder why people say Standard Liege are a lousy team? Before their defeat at Anfield they were unbeaten for the past 35 games which is a remarkable feat that not many teams can emulate.

The MilkMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Standard Liege is unbeaten in their own league.
but Liverpool is really lucky to scarp through.

win 2 out 2 matches so far and both with luck.
without Gerrard,this weekend should be tough match.

hope we can get at least a draw from this match.

terror03

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do agree that the match against Aston Villa will be likely a draw game.
But will they do it again in the dying mins & get another 3 pts, chances are quite high.
Keane & Torres still need abit more time to click & have the understanding of each other. Gerard is out probably ard 15 days for his groin problem & hope Alonso will show the form at the Euro Championship for 2morow's game.

You Never Walk Alone...........