• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Little know Olympic fact, S'pore robbed Canada of Silver medal

FIRSTSTATE

Alfrescian
Loyal
The same pathetic line : what evidence ?no two sides how can? how you know Siew not grateful? how you know Canadian not acknowledged? ... blah blah ....

You continue to be so linear & dense.

That's your own narrow-minded perception. Until you can provide concrete evidence, no case.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't need to be tough when dealing with wimps like you, heck, not over the internet.....please, get real.

you misunderstood me.....i was trying to 'toughen' you up to stomach more vulgarities......especially the ones asking after your whoreslut mother

FIRSTSTATE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Little known Olympic fact, S'pore robbed Canada of Silver medal

Even the title of this thread is inflammatory: [h=2]Little known Olympic fact, S'pore robbed Canada of Silver medal[/h]

FIRSTSTATE

Alfrescian
Loyal
you misunderstood me.....i was trying to 'toughen' you up to stomach more vulgarities......especially the ones asking after your whoreslut mother

Oh no, I don't spend my time dwelling over whether I misunderstood or understood a puny nick over the internet. I'm toughening you up with this exchange so you can use my style to hammer your fuck-buddy Kinana. You better thank me for imparting my skills to you, don't be ungrateful.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, got the details from contacts who were with the Sailing team for that Olympics.

The seas were very rough and many had capsized including the 470 Singapore crew of Siew and Chan. Siew managed to cling on to the hull and in the process cut his hand and bleeding badly. Chan in the meantime had drifted too far and was being carried away by the strong currents.
t
Due to the high waves no one noticed them the Canadian spotted them. He rescued Chan and brought him back to their upturned boat. Chan subsequently claimed that he hurt his back and thus struggling to swim. They also lost their rudder. Apparently the situation was indeed dire.

Here is the second part of the story. The team decided to keep quiet and the local press was no aware. Not sure if the press came to know subsequently.

This reminds of the dragon boat team members who drowned in a Lake in Cambodia, the RSAF pilots who flew their F5 jets into a mountain in the Philippines, the many Singaporean tourists in Australia and New Zealand who have never encountered a long curving road and kept at the same speed. We all are invincibles within Singapore as there is little variation in climates and extreme conditions are mild in comparison to many other countries. I suppose our ego cannot take it and we go into denial.

I remember family members were stunned how the dragon boats members can drown in a lake not realising that it a massive lake with big waves. Same with the pilots, only familiar with Bt Timah Hill.

Last edited:

FIRSTSTATE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is the Strait Times article (Wed, October 19, 1988) on Lawrence Lemieux rescuing the Singapore sailors and
note the caption of the pic: Grateful Joe [Chan]

So now, can we stop all these inflammatory crap now, especially those who don't read the papers and don't bother
to find out the truths, because the truths demolish their hidden inflammatory agenda?

I'm neutral and impartial and I'm only interested in truths and facts, not internet mob-lynching and petty political agenda crap.

Let me know if you're interested in the link to the Straits Times article, only if you're interested in the truth and not lies.

Let's let this stupid inflammatory thread die a natural death, for it serves ZERO purpose other than perverting the truths and facts.

Have a nice day folks. :biggrin:

fFk61.png

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read your first post. You doubted the story and wanted to email Siew to find out. So how? Looks like capsized on your own.

FIRSTSTATE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read the complete news article below. Cut the baloney crap, people. Get your facts right instead of shooting off your mouths
like a loose canon. If you want respect, earn it and begin by showing some decent respect for others first, ok?

EYzX7.png

FIRSTSTATE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read your first post. You doubted the story and wanted to email Siew to find out. So how? Looks like capsized on your own.

I doubted what? The rescue story is real, but the "ingratitude bit" is baloney shit. Hence, for those who want to know if there's gratitude shown, or if it was covered up, just email the two blokes nicely to find out. Don't push a losing case, dude. Who capsize who, you should know better.

FIRSTSTATE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, got the details from contacts who were with the Sailing team for that Olympics.

Here is the second part of the story. The team decided to keep quiet and the local press was no aware. Not sure if the press came to know subsequently.
BALONEY SHIT, DUDE. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT. You want credibility and respect, speak the whole truth and get your facts right first.
Stop propagating lies and half-truths. That's all I'm saying here. You may think people are generally stupid and will swallow baloney shit
lock stock and barrel, but most times, we're not that stupid. We will always demand to hear from both sides first before making our own
conclusions. Sorry, it hurts, but that's the way it is, dude.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is fun.

Now you trying to upright the overturned boat. That article was written in Toronto by an Ang Mo where it presumably made big news. Here it was rather quiet. Could you help us search for an article written by a local scribe when they wrote about the capsize but not the rescue. If there was one it should appear one day after the event. If not could you email Siew.

For the ingratitude part, you are eligible for an NTUC voucher.

I doubted what? The rescue story is real, but the "ingratitude bit" is baloney shit. Hence, for those who want to know if there's gratitude shown, or if it was covered up, just email the two blokes nicely to find out. Don't push a losing case, dude. Who capsize who, you should know better.

FIRSTSTATE

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is fun.

Now you trying to upright the overturned boat. That article was written in Toronto by an Ang Mo where it presumably made big news. Here it was rather quiet. Could you help us search for an article written by a local scribe when they wrote about the capsize but not the rescue. If there was one it should appear one day after the event. If not could you email Siew.

For the ingratitude part, you are eligible for an NTUC voucher.

You never hear of Foreign Desk from the Straits Times, is it? That reporter works for the Straits Times. Aren't you getting more and more stupid with each post? The article is published in the STRAITS TIMES of SINGAPORE, and is found in its archives, if you even bother to search for it, it happened 20 years ago, for heaven's sake. What exactly is your problem? Which part you don't understand?

Now, trying to wriggle yourself out of the smelly pit you dug for yourself, is it?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fun continues.

SO the article was not written by an Ang Mo from Toronto and it was written the next day after the incident??

FIRSTSTATE

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fun continues.

SO the article was not written by an Ang Mo from Toronto and it was written the next day after the incident??

Why're you asking more stupid questions? Am I supposed to continue to entertain your stupidity and help you to upturn
your capsized canoe? So funny.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets not hog the fun ourselves. We should open it to everyone.

1. If the an article mentioned the rescue within 2 days of the event - 10 vouchers to you

2. If the local press was banned from that particular Olympics - 20 vouchers to you.

FIRSTSTATE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway, you bunch of losers are clicking my reputation points down until I may not be able to post anymore, so I rest my case liao.
What a bunch of baloney crap from a bunch of losers, rumor mongers and despicable liars we've here. :rolleyes:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
So it an Angmo and from Toronto.

Here is the best part - you thought the story was false and now you are back pedaling furiously. Your aft is now your stern and your argument is now too wide to ford. A bridge too far? Or should we cross it when we come to it. Anyway you might want to catch the next wave and with a second wind, things might drift your way.

Why're you asking more stupid questions? Am I supposed to continue to entertain your stupidity and help you to upturn
your capsized canoe? So funny.

FIRSTSTATE

Alfrescian
Loyal
So it an Angmo and from Toronto.

Here is the best part - you thought the story was false and now you are back pedaling furiously. Your aft is now your stern and your argument is now too wide to ford. A bridge too far? Or should we cross it when we come to it. Anyway you might want to catch the next wave and with a second wind, things might drift your way.

Upz my points and I may entertain your stupidity and lame argument further, but since you losers keep screwing my points, why should I even bother to educate you guys on internet truths and decency? You can't win dude, for I've the upper hand from the first post I posted here, because I stick to facts, not lies and I don't twist my words, unlike some losers here. Ok, I'm out of here, for I may not be able to post if my points get clobbered by you losers, so go get a grip and take my kind advice, you bunch of losers need some serious HEALING...FAST. :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what is so important about a Foreign Desk. A lot of people people buy furniture from overseas. It is just more expensive. Anyway what has a piece of furniture got to do with this matter.

You never hear of Foreign Desk from the Straits Times, is it? That reporter works for the Straits Times. Aren't you getting more and more stupid with each post? The article is published in the STRAITS TIMES of SINGAPORE, and is found in its archives, if you even bother to search for it, it happened 20 years ago, for heaven's sake. What exactly is your problem? Which part you don't understand?

Now, trying to wriggle yourself out of the smelly pit you dug for yourself, is it?