• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Sinkie muud Falls Off Cargo Ship! Training Course Fail! US Coast Guard Calls Off Search After 15 Hours!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
furqan_2.png

SINGAPORE – A Singaporean man was reported missing in US waters after he fell from a bulk cargo carrier on Monday, according to BERITAmediacorp.

Mr Muhammad Furqan Mohamed Rashid, 25, was attending a course to become a junior deck officer, according to his friend Muhammad Fariz, who shared about the incident on Facebook on Wednesday.

“I come before you today with a heavy heart, seeking your support and prayers for a dear friend who is currently lost at sea,” Mr Fariz wrote.

“The search and rescue efforts are in full swing, but the vastness of the ocean has made the task arduous and complex,” he added.

Mr Furqan’s sister, Ms Nur Afifah Mohamed Rashid, on Wednesday also appealed to her social media followers to pray for her brother’s safety and wellbeing.

But according to the Los Angeles Daily News, the US Coast Guard has called off an active search by air and sea for a missing sailor on Tuesday evening (US time) after nearly 15 hours. The report did not name Mr Furqan.

Chief warrant officer and the search and rescue mission coordinator John Rose said: “The decision to suspend an active search is never easy and is only made after exhaustive efforts to find the missing person.”

“We extend our deepest sympathies to this crew member’s friends and family.”

The San Diego Union Tribune reported that the US Coast Guard mobilised a rescue helicopter, a small boat and a cutter for the rescue mission.

Mr Furqan was believed to have fallen overboard when the vessel, African Cardinal, was sailing the Santa Barbara Channel en route to the Port of Long Beach, said the Coast Guard.

The Straits Times has contacted the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore for more information.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...d-missing-in-us-waters-after-falling-off-ship

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the old days, malays sailed and eventually settled in toxteth in Liverpool and parts of London. Never to return.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shouldn't you be happy he's on a one-way ticket, fast track lane to meet Allah? :unsure:

hxxps://www.facebook.com/muhammad.fariz.1447/posts/10160495861684651

Muhammad Fariz

Salam all
I come before you today with a heavy heart, seeking your support and prayers for a dear friend who is currently lost at sea. It is with profound concern and desperation that I reach out to each and every one of you, humbly requesting your thoughts, prayers, and positive energy during this incredibly challenging time.
My ex nsf, Furqon, embarked on a sailing journey in order to complete hes COC,filled with hope and excitement. However, he encountered unforeseen circumstances and is now missing in US Water. The search and rescue efforts are in full swing, but the vastness of the ocean has made the task arduous and complex.
In this moment of great uncertainty and anguish, I firmly believe in the power of collective prayer and the strength that it can provide. Let us join hands and hearts, irrespective of our backgrounds or beliefs, as we send waves of love, hope, and positive energy to guide my friend back to safety. May these prayers serve as a beacon of light, leading them towards the rescuers and helping them find their way home.
Please take a moment out of your day to say a prayer, meditate, or send your best wishes to Furqon. Pray for their safety, strength, and unwavering determination to survive this ordeal. Let us ask for the winds to be kind, the currents to be gentle, and for all the necessary resources and wisdom to be bestowed upon the rescue teams involved in the search operation.
Thank you from the depths of my heart for your kindness, compassion, and support. May our prayers bring comfort and strength to him , and may he be reunited with hes loved ones soon. Aamiin

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
How can an experienced seamen fall overboard? Unless it was deliberate (either suicide or homicide). But nevermind lah, he has 72 mermaids to keep him busy now.