• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Little know Olympic fact, S'pore robbed Canada of Silver medal

ForFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is so embarrassing for me to have to engage with forum stupidity. You guys keep coming out of the wood-work, as if like clone-work.

Anyway, in a nutshell, this is your own perception. The world need not abide by your narrow view-point. Besides, what makes you think Siew and company never say thank you to the Canadian, if you've not bothered to find out from them, but just read the posts here, which is merely cut and paste from some website, of an event that was TWENTY YEARS AGO.

Were you even born then, and if yes, how old?

Years ago ( maybe in the 80s and early 90s) I used to be proud to tell people I am a Singaporean when I went overseas. But these days, I am not keen in revealing my nationality. Don't worry, you are not the only embarassment about Singapore. You see, people like you can write so well but.... :o

FIRSTSTATE

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are as neutral as the subset of the 60.1% of fucktard voters who claims to be fence sitters but vote pappies every elections.
i'll have more respect for you if you just admit to stand on Siew shaw her's side....

kan nee na bu eh chow cheebye!

You're delusional. I don't need your respect on the internet. I don't know you and you don't know me.

FIRSTSTATE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Years ago ( maybe in the 80s and early 90s) I used to be proud to tell people I am a Singaporean when I went overseas. But these days, I am not keen in revealing my nationality. Don't worry, you are not the only embarassment about Singapore. You see, people like you can write so well but.... :o

I can write so well because I always try to keep to the facts as best as I can and I usually adopt an impartial and neutral view-point, unless the facts reveal otherwise.

jw5

Loyal
I'm taking a break during Olympics, so I'm too free but not for long.

Just because I lurk here without posting these few years should mean that most of the threads are meaningless, inflammatory, stupid or downright boliao.

OIC, you are only free during the Oylmpics, so you must be a full time Olympics venue lobbyist. :rolleyes:

It cannot be that you find this forum boliao, something must be attracting you.
Btw, I don't think forummer (H)ForFun was praising your writing skills, but you appear to be someone who thrives on praise.

ForFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can write so well because I always try to keep to the facts as best as I can and I usually adopt an impartial and neutral view-point, unless the facts reveal otherwise.

With the above statement, I understand where you are coming from. No problem to say your piece about the thread. But there is no need for you to humtum the others here. If not for this thread, I would not have known about this incidence. The Canadian 'lost' his chance for an Olympic medal in rescuing these two guys. I don't think the Canadian regret any thing. But in life don't make anyone regret helping or saving you. I hope you know where I am coming from.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OIC, you are only free during the Oylmpics, so you must be a full time Olympics venue lobbyist. :rolleyes:

Btw, I don't think forummer (H)ForFun was praising your writing skills, but you appear to be someone who thrives on praise.

He thrives on abuse....must be kinana's twin.

FIRSTSTATE

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, I like praise and also impartiality. Don't you? Why are you so interested in what is attracting me to this forum other than what I told you, that I'm too free during this Olympics. If ForFun is not praising me, then there's much room for improvement in the words he uses. Anyway, this is so boring already. Why're you people so petty, day in day out. Not sianz har?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Little known Olympic fact, S'pore robbed Canada of Silver medal

y dat 154th never publish tis story? ... whole worldz toking about it! ...

FIRSTSTATE

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the above statement, I understand where you are coming from. No problem to say your piece about the thread. But there is no need for you to humtum the others here. If not for this thread, I would not have known about this incidence. The Canadian 'lost' his chance for an Olympic medal in rescuing these two guys. I don't think the Canadian regret any thing. But in life don't make anyone regret helping or saving you. I hope you know where I am coming from.

Like you said, the Canadian did not regret any thing. This does not correspondingly mean that Siew had made him regret. I see no evidence of that, until we hear from Siew and company.

Another thing, don't be bias. I'm the one who got humtum here on this stupid thread. Painting one side of the story and expect EVERYONE to swallow the story lock stock and barrel. C'mon, we not that stupid.

ForFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like you said, the Canadian did not regret any thing. This does not correspondingly mean that Siew had made him regret. I see no evidence of that, until we hear from Siew and company.

Another thing, don't be bias. I'm the one who got humtum here on this stupid thread. Painting one side of the story and expect EVERYONE to swallow the story lock stock and barrel. C'mon, we not that stupid.

No regret does not mean one is happy. Well, you may not understand such stuff.
Another thing - Jw5 knew exactly what I meant when I praised your writing but not your... :biggrin:

FIRSTSTATE

Alfrescian
Loyal
No regret does not mean one is happy. Well, you may not understand such stuff.
Another thing - Jw5 knew exactly what I meant when I praised your writing but not your... :biggrin:

Does not matter, I know where you coming from, trying to squeeze an agenda into your words, but like I said,
I'm not stupid. I know what this thread is all about.

No regret means HAPPY, unless the Canadian tell us otherwise and state categorically he's NOT happy. Why you
guys so like to squeeze your own delusional agenda into the story? The Canadian saved the Sinkies in a race.
He lost the race and he said he could have won (sic). He got rewarded for sportsmanship by his own country and
IOC president. So far, I don't see evidence of Siew and company denying anything.

So, tell me, what do you want from Siew and company? Pay homage perpetually to the Canadian, for life or what?
Say it....let us know what you want. Cut the crap here.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Papsmearer would know he had differences with me over something about Asian Financial Crisis and what is the usual year (1997) associated with it. The point is, even he & I don't always see eye to eye.

But thank you, Papsmearer for starting this thread & sharing this 'little known' fact with us.

The rest of the thread, my. my, along comes one rational but smug guy called FirstState who shamelessly admitted 'yeah, I write well because .... I fair, I objective blah blah words to that effect'.

Then along comes ChaoPappy's usual caustic post insulting FirstState ! LOL, for once I read Chao's comments & go 'Attaboy!'.

FirstState, you claim to be neutral but whatever you claim, your mindset is manifested in all your comments.
Of course, of course, not that what others think of you, you give a shit, right?

I am not about to join in the insults other than to try to tell you why you get flamed all over here.

To me, your self-righteousness and self-image of being objective fair-minded are what's really blocking your possibilities of having a widen horizon.

It seems Papsmearer's tone cheesed you off or what, so you start talking about viewing from both sides, presumed innocent before verdict, email but in a right tone (probably nice tone meaning)....

Really, whatever your disclaimers, you sound like a super duper 'meritocracy-champion' technocrat - i.e. an MIW.

Papsmearer's use of talking about Japanese Invasion in WW2 I thought was a good rebuttal of your 'consult both sides' submission, still you protest, justify, deny... and eventually I am sure, in your mind, you will say: fuck it, I don't care to lower myself to spar with these forum lowlives, they can go 'blowjobbing' each other !

My take:

(1) Men like Siew - for that matter PAP's meritocracy-excellence-KPI ideology's necessary - have lost some sense of human decency along the way. Ego, pride, declaration of commitment to targets .... all probably contributing to his UTTER LACK OF GRACE IN SHOWING APPRECIATION FOR SOMEONE SAVING HIS LIFE !

You can get it? FirstState, or you are going to advise me to put up 2 versions to prove I am as objective as you?

Notice, I never suggested Siew should go around offering BJs to his Saviour.

Whether Papsmearer is factual that Siew & gang avoided the Canadian in subsequent meetings in international meetings, I have no need to play detective, proof-reader & I just take his narration as given.

I am his cocksucker ? fucking use your logic!

Had goodwill & graciousness flowed between the saved & his saviour, you would have read of newsworthy human-interest interviews & accounts from Siew & Chan over the years in view that Olympics occur every 4 years. What more, Siew is now in a senior leadership position.

I gather simply that the capsized incident is something he took to heart & would never never like to be reminded again. Hence, cursory acknowledgement - can't deny right? - none in the public dormant & you wanna seek verification with him by writing an email in a world-class right tone?

No wonder you attract the compliment of being a fucktard !

To me, all forummers have idiocyncracies & pet hates - that's fine by me.

This thread is all about THE LACK OF GRACE & SPORTMANSHIP - and by extension, the ethos of this PAP-ruled society

So what Siew & gang have since moved go to win more sporting medals & achievements. kudos to him but his achievement-orientation obsession has made him a lesser human being.

His life was saved!

Had he perished, end of story. period.

in the name of meritocracy, reason, logic, objectivity (all nothing wrong in their own right), people like Siew & FirstState & our MIW all display this simple common denominator :

Boast of all achievements, humble results, hide-low profile-siam-deny-ignore-downplay-spin-rework/results is all that matters / human cost be damned : life's like that ! / smug technocractic mindset - I have reason on my side, as if reason is the Overlord & common sense don't count.

To conclude, FirstState, your challenge to Papsmearer is typically PAPzis styled:

so, Papsmearer, tell me, what you want, what you want Siew to do, be beholden forever?
Hey, you continue to miss the point totally!

PAP's typical challenging tactic to the Opposition - all monkey-see-monkey-do learning from Old Man's arrogant legal footwork & cornering questioning style that narrows discussion & coercing opponents in his legendary cul-de-sac.....

Papsmearer, to my mind, is simply sharing with us - as in his thread title - this 'little known Olympic fact'.

Get it ? FirstState ? no need to read too much ... and really, it is your ego issue not others' ego issue.

You are simply too thin-skinned & thick-headed, self-righteous & one-dimensional in your thought process.

And you still cannot recognise sarcasm & admit 'you write well' (not too bad really but it fucking shouldn't come from yourself - is the point), but given the narrowband evidence of your postings, I am highly sceptical you are capable of writing your proposed fact-finding verifying email in er.. the 'right tone'....

Holy Cow!

FirstState, for you to be set upon by Scroo, Pap, Chao, jw5, Narong etc etc, it is really something.

You continue like this, you will be good company for Kanina

Sure , sure, You can continue to retort in defiance ... yawn.... sigh !

Last edited:

FIRSTSTATE

Alfrescian
Loyal
So long narrative, but for what purpose? To tell everyone that Siew and company is lesser mortal because he did not show gratitude?
Are you sure he did not show gratitude? How to you measure gratitude? You need two sides of the story to conclude that no gratitude
was shown. Where is that evidence that the Canadian said categorically Siew did not show gratitude and that he needed it?

You guys are putting words into EVERYBODY's mouths to structure an inflammatory agenda, including putting words into
the Canadian's mouth, Siew's mouth, everybody's mouths. Ridiculous!

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aren't you ridiculous by your own logic by repeating and putting the idea of an 'inflammatory agenda' into forummers mouth & intentions here?

You are the ridiculous one here..... almost by consensus.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The same pathetic line : what evidence ?no two sides how can? how you know Siew not grateful? how you know Canadian not acknowledged? ... blah blah ....

You continue to be so linear & dense.