• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lina Chiam on Defence in 2030

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was reported in a few media outlets that in this Plan, the Ministry of Defence's activities will be consolidated on Pulau Tekong, so as to free up the space it currently uses on the Singapore mainland, for development. I do not seem to be able to find any mention of this in the Land Use Plan document, so perhaps the Ministry announced this at the press conference.

Now, I have never heard of the armed forces of any country in the world that concentrates all its activities and, presumably, facilities, on one island, away from the mainland. Does that not make it a very easy target for Singapore’s defence capabilities to be wiped out by a belligerent force?

Perhaps I have not understood this correctly. I will certainly appreciate any clarification from the Minister for Defence.

Exactly. Ng Eng Hen, are you using your doctor's logic here

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe the long term plan is to move the soon-to-be minority common Singaporeans onto Pulau Tekong, while the main Singapore island will be the playground of foreigners.

Then the military infrastructure plan makes sense, as Singaporeans will be protecting their own lot all within Pulau Tekong, and occasionally Pulau Ubin.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe the long term plan is to move the soon-to-be minority common Singaporeans onto Pulau Tekong, while the main Singapore island will be the playground of foreigners.

Then the military infrastructure plan makes sense, as Singaporeans will be protecting their own lot all within Pulau Tekong, and occasionally Pulau Ubin.

Tekong living conditions suck